PDA

View Full Version : Wade making a run for MVP

camador22
11-10-2008, 11:50 PM
Iíve always said a healthy Wade is the best player in the league. In 2006 IMO Wade was the best guard since Michael Jordan. You could argue all you want about Kobe being the best player but thereís no way Wade would have let the Lakers lose against the Celtics. Im not taking anything away from Kobe or LeBron but no one's as good as Wade when it matters the most. These last three games Wade showed the world that heís back to being the best player in the world. I certainly like his chances of ending up the MVP so long as the Heat could be a top 5 team in the East.

Hawkeye15
11-10-2008, 11:55 PM
I can't say this enough, but MVP only goes to the best player on a top 2-3 team. Wade has 0 chance of winning it. It needs to be renamed, best player on the best team award.

EddieB
11-10-2008, 11:56 PM
After 5 games?

Lakers4ItAll
11-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Wade is a GREAT player and I would take him over Lebron anyday.

But as far as MVP not a chance on that crappy Miami team, sorry

Hawkeye15
11-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Wade is a GREAT player and I would take him over Lebron anyday.

But as far as MVP not a chance on that crappy Miami team, sorry

you would take him over LeBron anyday? Wow. Your bias knows no realms

camador22
11-11-2008, 12:03 AM
After 5 games?

After 5 games I could tell he's back to being the Wade that lead his team to a title.

Brooke
11-11-2008, 12:03 AM
I love Wade and I think he is a great player BUT I wouldnt go that far

still way to early in the season yet

EddieB
11-11-2008, 12:05 AM
After 5 games I could tell he's back to being the Wade that lead his team to a title.

You mean getting bailed out by the refs shooting over 20 fts a game in the finals, I call that Stern making sure Marc Cuban doesn't get a title

camador22
11-11-2008, 12:07 AM
You mean getting bailed out by the refs shooting over 20 fts a game in the finals, I call that Stern making sure Marc Cuban doesn't get a title

I mean the Wade that dropped 40 points and 11 assists on Kobe on Christmas day

Hawkeye15
11-11-2008, 12:07 AM

do you need to go there? Do we want to go to the only reason Kobe has a ring is because he played with the most physically dominant player in history? Wade and Kobe are benefactors of the same man. Don't get mad or jealous

Lakers4ItAll
11-11-2008, 12:08 AM
I think he is a better player, when healthy.

SteveNash
11-11-2008, 12:08 AM
I’ve always said a healthy Wade is the best player in the league. In 2006 IMO Wade was the best guard since Michael Jordan. You could argue all you want about Kobe being the best player but there’s no way Wade would have let the Lakers lose against the Celtics. Im not taking anything away from Kobe or LeBron but no one's as good as Wade when it matters the most. These last three games Wade showed the world that he’s back to being the best player in the world. I certainly like his chances of ending up the MVP so long as the Heat could be a top 5 team in the East.

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2007/series/series_e1s4.html

Explain.

camador22
11-11-2008, 12:11 AM
http://www.nba.com/playoffs2007/series/series_e1s4.html

Explain.

I guess you can't read. I said when he's healthy, he was about 60% at best playing the Bulls

JordansBulls
11-11-2008, 12:21 AM
For Wade to get MVP, the Heat need to win 50 games and be a top 4 seed in the east.

daleja424
11-11-2008, 12:23 AM
A healthy Wade is definitely a top 3 player in the league. If the heat is over .500 Wade will have a good chance...

And whoever said the heat suck needs to take their head out of their *** and watch some baketball...

Hawkeye15
11-11-2008, 12:26 AM
I can't say it enough. You can't win this award unless you are on a top 3 team, 2 really. Nash won it in 06', with the 4th best record, but they lost Amare for the year, so they gave it to him. Wade will not, and can not win it. LeBron stands a chance of breaking that cycle if the Cavs finish #2 in the east. Other than that, look for Kobe to repeat due to the Lakers winning 59+ games, and being 1-2 in the NBA in wins.

daleja424
11-11-2008, 12:28 AM
I can't say it enough. You can't win this award unless you are on a top 3 team, 2 really. Nash won it in 06', with the 4th best record, but they lost Amare for the year, so they gave it to him. Wade will not, and can not win it. LeBron stands a chance of breaking that cycle if the Cavs finish #2 in the east. Other than that, look for Kobe to repeat due to the Lakers winning 59+ games, and being 1-2 in the NBA in wins.

you can say whatever you want...but voters do not look for the player that is on the best team...they look for which player elevated their team the most. Therefore since the Lakers would still win 50 games without Kobe...he shouldnt win it. Wade on the other hand could take the heat to 45+ wins this year and without him they may not win a single game...sooooo

Hawkeye15
11-11-2008, 12:30 AM
you can say whatever you want...but voters do not look for the player that is on the best team...they look for which player elevated their team the most. Therefore since the Lakers would still win 50 games without Kobe...he shouldnt win it. Wade on the other hand could take the heat to 45+ wins this year and without him they may not win a single game...sooooo

then rationally explain to me how LeBron didn't win it last year....soooooo

xxdc2tegxx
11-11-2008, 12:32 AM
wade's always in the running for mvp when healthy....the question is if he can overcome getting a better record than the hornets or the cavs (Cp3 and bron') or suns and lakers in the west (Kobe and amare)

tbron
11-11-2008, 12:33 AM

attack the basket you get fouled kobe should try it sometime and maybe he'll win one as a leader. 3 sidekick rings won't do it.

J$mo0th_3o5
11-11-2008, 12:34 AM
He's looking like the old Wade. The '06 form. If the Heat win some games I really think Wade can win MVP. I can hear it already the Triple A chanting MVP MVP MVP!!!!

daleja424
11-11-2008, 12:36 AM
then rationally explain to me how LeBron didn't win it last year....soooooo

I can't... Kobe winning last year was a head scratcher... people got enamored with how good the lakers were...

EddieB
11-11-2008, 12:37 AM
attack the basket you get fouled kobe should try it sometime and maybe he'll win one as a leader. 3 sidekick rings won't do it.

:rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
11-11-2008, 12:41 AM
I can't... Kobe winning last year was a head scratcher... people got enamored with how good the lakers were...

look, I am on your side. But the way the award is decided now, I can't respect it. It simply goes to the best player on the best team. WHich makes no sense. It should go to the player who has the most effect on the number of wins that team has, regardless of standing. If LeBron doesn't play, the Cavs win maybe 15 games. If Kobe doesn't play, the Lakers win 45. Who is more valuable?? ANd that is only last year. KG won it in 04', and I think he was far more deserving in 05', when Cassel and Spree had checked out, and KG drug that non talented pantywaste team to 48 wins with no help. It is what it is. Nothing you can do about it. For any Laker fans who want to jump my ****, I think Kobe should have won it in 06', or whatever it was, when he went for 35-5-5, and brought a group of average players to within a game of beating the Suns.

EddieB
11-11-2008, 12:42 AM
I mean the Wade that dropped 40 points and 11 assists on Kobe on Christmas day

yeah with the worst record in the league last year :clap:

Hawkeye15
11-11-2008, 12:42 AM

3 sidekick rings beat 1. Just saying

EddieB
11-11-2008, 12:43 AM
3 sidekick rings beat 1. Just saying

Correct! Difference is I'm a D wade fan, but tell the truth, those guys are Kobe Haters who speak out of hate

LakeShowRaider
11-11-2008, 12:45 AM
who really cares. Wade hasnt done anything for the past couple of years. hes irrelevant!! Let him get Miami in the playoffs first and then well talk.

#1Mavericksfan
11-11-2008, 12:50 AM
who really cares. Wade hasnt done anything for the past couple of years. hes irrelevant!! Let him get Miami in the playoffs first and then well talk.

:clap::clap::clap:

leftymo
11-11-2008, 01:01 AM
How does the best player in the league lead his team to one of the worst records in all of basketball?

I love watching the Kobe vs. Wade matchup. It's usually not even close. But Wade sure does get mad love from the officials.

#1Mavericksfan
11-11-2008, 01:04 AM
How does the best player in the league lead his team to one of the worst records in all of basketball?

I love watching the Kobe vs. Wade matchup. It's usually not even close. But Wade sure does get mad love from the officials.

That's nothing new Wade has been getting love from the officials for a long time and trust me I know.

HiphopRelated
11-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Heat won't(or shouldn't) generate enough wins for him to be MVP

1st team all nba is very much on the table though

camador22
11-11-2008, 01:06 AM

Wade played 51 games injured. Your right about the Wade vs Kobe matchups. When Wade was healthy he completely embarrassed Kobe in every way imaginable. Did you forget the Lakers in 04 Lakers that were the 3rd worse team in the West with Butler and Odom.

Lakersfan2483
11-11-2008, 01:06 AM
Iíve always said a healthy Wade is the best player in the league. In 2006 IMO Wade was the best guard since Michael Jordan. You could argue all you want about Kobe being the best player but thereís no way Wade would have let the Lakers lose against the Celtics. Im not taking anything away from Kobe or LeBron but no one's as good as Wade when it matters the most. These last three games Wade showed the world that heís back to being the best player in the world. I certainly like his chances of ending up the MVP so long as the Heat could be a top 5 team in the East.

Kobe and Lebron are better than Wade, I stopped reading the rest when you stated, he's been the best guard since MJ. By the way, Wade shot .20pct from the field against the Celtics defense last season.

camador22
11-11-2008, 01:09 AM
Kobe and Lebron are better than Wade, I stopped reading the rest when you stated, he's been the best guard since MJ. By the way, Wade shot .20pct from the field against the Celtics defense last season.

What part of Wade not being healthy since 06 don't you guys understand. Wade's the only guard since Jordan to have lead there team to a championship. There's no arguing that fact

Lakersfan2483
11-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Wade played 51 games injured. Your right about the Wade vs Kobe matchups. When Wade was healthy he completely embarrassed Kobe in every way imaginable. Did you forget the Lakers in 04 Lakers that were the 3rd worse team in the West with Butler and Odom.

Wade is a great player and had an incredible season in 2006, but Kobe Bryant has put up "Great Performances" since 2000, you need to do your homework before you try to take away from Kobe. He was great during all of the title runs, and took his team to the finals last season during the most competitive conference in 20 yrs. Wade "has" to lead his team without Shaq and Zo past the 2nd round before you compare him to Kobe. He's great, but he's not on Kobe's level, period.....

Did you forget the Miami heat with Wade and Marion were the worst team in the NBA last season?

camador22
11-11-2008, 01:14 AM
Wade is a great player and had an incredible season in 2006, but Kobe Bryant has put up "Great Performances" since 2000, you need to do your homework before you try to take away from Kobe. He was great during all of the title runs, and took his team to the finals last season during the most competitive conference in 20 yrs. Wade "has" to lead his team without Shaq and Zo past the 2nd round before you compare him to Kobe. He's great, but he's not on Kobe's level, period.....

Did you forget the Miami heat with Wade and Marion were the worst team in the NBA last season?

He won with an old Shaq averging 13 points a game and Antoine Walker :speechless:.Please don't compare the beast Shaq was when he was in the Lakers. Everyone with basketball knowledge know Kobe was nothing more the a sidekick to Shaq. Kobe had the best balanced team in the league and the hawks did a better job against the Celtics.

uchiha
11-11-2008, 01:15 AM

I know that you know that Wade was injured all season, and missed the last half of the season (as did Haslem, and Zo), and Marion wasn't on the scene until February... but who cares when you are trying to make a point, right? If only your arguments weren't so biased..

still1ballin
11-11-2008, 01:16 AM
He's looking like the old Wade. The '06 form. If the Heat win some games I really think Wade can win MVP. I can hear it already the Triple A chanting MVP MVP MVP!!!!

The only MVP chants coming from Triple A is when kobe is at the free throw line. :D

Lakersfan2483
11-11-2008, 01:16 AM
What part of Wade not being healthy since 06 don't you guys understand. Wade's the only guard since Jordan to have lead there team to a championship. There's no arguing that fact

Wade had Shaq and Zo, 2 hall of fame players, the year prior to the title run, O'neal was considered for MVP honors, so don't tell me he didn't have a "legit" Shaq. Shaq was great against Detroit that year, and was the main reason they beat the Pistons. I don't want to hear about Wade not being healthy, their are plenty of guys who are not healthy. He suited up last season just like everyone else. I can name a number of guys who are not 100 pct, but don't use that excuse..

HiphopRelated
11-11-2008, 01:17 AM

lol, how many have you seen??

Lakersfan2483
11-11-2008, 01:20 AM
He won with an old Shaq averging 13 points a game and Antoine Walker :speechless:.Please don't compare the beast Shaq was when he was in the Lakers. Everyone with basketball knowledge know Kobe was nothing more the a sidekick to Shaq. Kobe had the best balanced team in the league and the hawks did a better job against the Celtics.

A sidekick that avg. in 2000, 21ppg, in 2001 30ppg, in 2002 28.5ppg during the title runs ( During the Playoffs). Yeah, he was worthless. lol. Your arguments are flawed like this weak thread. The lakers went to the finals and the Hawks were knocked out in the first round. I don't follow that logic.

camador22
11-11-2008, 01:23 AM
Wade had Shaq and Zo, 2 hall of fame players, the year prior to the title run, O'neal was considered for MVP honors, so don't tell me he didn't have a "legit" Shaq. Shaq was great against Detroit that year, and was the main reason they beat the Pistons. I don't want to hear about Wade not being healthy, their are plenty of guys who are not healthy. He suited up last season just like everyone else. I can name a number of guys who are not 100 pct, but don't use that excuse..

I your memory's off a huge deal. Shaq was an MVP candidate in 04 when he first cam to Miami. They won a championship in 06 and yes Shaq did average 13 PPG in the finals not the 30PPG and 15rebs a game as he did with Kobe. Not to mention he had a 60 yr old Payton.

HiphopRelated
11-11-2008, 01:24 AM

Gimme a break. Before Bynum's emergence and the Pau trade Lakers fans had 2 outcomes to look foward too..

1. missing the playoffs
2. scrambling to a low seed and knocked out in the 1st round

Now we're chest thumping?? man please. LA was a .500 team when Bynum and Gasol didn't play last year.

Kobe didn't get out the 1st round without a great bigman, so to hell with your argument.

camador22
11-11-2008, 01:25 AM
A sidekick that avg. in 2000, 21ppg, in 2001 30ppg, in 2002 28.5ppg during the title runs ( During the Playoffs). Yeah, he was worthless. lol. Your arguments are flawed like this weak thread. The lakers went to the finals and the Hawks were knocked out in the first round. I don't follow that logic.

My statement was very clear. The Hawks did a far better job against the Celtics then the Lakers did. There's no argument there buddy. Plus you guys had a stacked team and Kobe choked.

Fayzon10
11-11-2008, 01:28 AM
Iíve always said a healthy Wade is the best player in the league. In 2006 IMO Wade was the best guard since Michael Jordan. You could argue all you want about Kobe being the best player but thereís no way Wade would have let the Lakers lose against the Celtics. Im not taking anything away from Kobe or LeBron but no one's as good as Wade when it matters the most. These last three games Wade showed the world that heís back to being the best player in the world. I certainly like his chances of ending up the MVP so long as the Heat could be a top 5 team in the East. Wade wouldn't have let the Lakers lose in the finals but he let his team have one of the worst records in the league???:confused:

Lakersfan2483
11-11-2008, 01:31 AM
Gimme a break. Before Bynum's emergence and the Pau trade Lakers fans had 2 outcomes to look foward too..

1. missing the playoffs
2. scrambling to a low seed and knocked out in the 1st round

Now we're chest thumping?? man please. LA was a .500 team when Bynum and Gasol didn't play last year.

Kobe didn't get out the 1st round without a great bigman, so to hell with your argument.

He plays in the Western Conference, unlike the East, the West has a pleuthra of great teams. The East has had 2 or 3 great teams the past 6 yrs. It's much easier to have success in the East, the fact that Wade has not had much success is an indictment as to what type of player he is. This is a make or break year for him. Before you compare him to Kobe, he has to succeed and accomplish more than one spectacular year. Wade is a great player, but he's not on Kobe's level or Lebron's for that matter.

Antbanks21
11-11-2008, 01:32 AM
I guess you can't read. I said when he's healthy, he was about 60% at best playing the Bulls

and Kobe had an injured pinky which needed surgery and still got to the NBA Finals.

camador22
11-11-2008, 01:34 AM
Wade wouldn't have let the Lakers lose in the finals but he let his team have one of the worst records in the league???:confused:

Do you read or are you ignorant. Wade played 51 games injured and the entire team was injured as well. What was Kobe's excuse in 04 being one of the worst teams in the league with a healthy Butler and Odom :confused:.

camador22
11-11-2008, 01:35 AM
He plays in the Western Conference, unlike the East, the West has a pleuthra of great teams. The East has had 2 or 3 great teams the past 6 yrs. It's much easier to have success in the East, the fact that Wade has not had much success is an indictment as to what type of player he is. This is a make or break year for him. Before you compare him to Kobe, he has to succeed and accomplish more than one spectacular year. Wade is a great player, but he's not on Kobe's level or Lebron's for that matter.

Once Kobe and LeBron lead there teams to a championship then we'll have this conversation.

Lakersfan2483
11-11-2008, 01:35 AM
I your memory's off a huge deal. Shaq was an MVP candidate in 04 when he first cam to Miami. They won a championship in 06 and yes Shaq did average 13 PPG in the finals not the 30PPG and 15rebs a game as he did with Kobe. Not to mention he had a 60 yr old Payton.

Let's see how Wade succeeds the next couple of yrs. before you place him above everyone. One great season does not put you over the best and Kobe is the best, like it or not.

Lakersfan2483
11-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Once Kobe and LeBron lead there teams to a championship then we'll have this conversation.

Lebron and Kobe have been to the finals without Shaq, has Wade?? Flawed argument, case closed. You need to watch and study the game before you post. No one with half a brain considers Wade better than Kobe and Lebron.

DreamShaker
11-11-2008, 01:38 AM

Ridiculous....he takes it to the basket....hard....any superstar who takes it to the basket will get alot of free throws....yeah there were some crazy calls in that Mavs series....but that is blown out of proportion....and Camador said A HEALTHY WADE....

BTW Camador is back!!!!:clap:

DreamShaker
11-11-2008, 01:42 AM
Let's see how Wade succeeds the next couple of yrs. before you place him above everyone. One great season does not put you over the best and Kobe is the best, like it or not.

I don't think Camador or anyone sane would pit the overall body of work of Wade against Kobe....but if Wade is on top of his game....like he seems to be now....Kobe is not just overwhelmingly better....he might be better....but it's not a totally laughable statement to say Wade is better at this point in their careers....

dannyy08
11-11-2008, 01:43 AM
Iíve always said a healthy Wade is the best player in the league. In 2006 IMO Wade was the best guard since Michael Jordan.

UHHH . . . are you serious?
And Wade not letting the lakers lose against the Celtics? Come on man!!! Are you ********? Wade is not on the level of The Black Mamba. He isn't even on the level of Bron Bron. I don't even know why I am posting this. It is just common sense.

EddieB
11-11-2008, 01:44 AM
Look I like Wade, but that 2006 championship the Mavs got screwed big time, and I'm not even a Mavs fan. This thread shouldn't even be a discussion with the Heat being the worst team in the NBA last year.

HiphopRelated
more than 1 spectacular year??

Wade last 4 years

ECF
Finals MVP
lose 1st rd
miss playoffs.

Kobe last 4 years

miss playoffs
1st round exit
1st round exit
lose Finals

Lakersfan2483
I don't think Camador or anyone sane would pit the overall body of work of Wade against Kobe....but if Wade is on top of his game....like he seems to be now....Kobe is not just overwhelmingly better....he might be better....but it's not a totally laughable statement to say Wade is better at this point in their careers....

He's not on Kobe's level or Lebron's for that matter. He's great just not better than those 2 guys.

HiphopRelated
11-11-2008, 01:47 AM
I'm not taking any Laker fan seriously with this "without Shaq" ***** like Lakers were going anywhere without Gasol or Bynum

Bulls4Lyfe
11-11-2008, 01:50 AM
why does it always have to be about kobe...

regardless, wade looks good thus, especially with tonight's win. he was a beast in the 4th quarter. absolutely dominated down the stretch.

wade probably won't win mvp unless the heat wins the division and finishes at least top 3. nevertheless, the man is back and is a force to be reckoned with.

also, to compare the shaq the heat had in the team's championship run to the shaq of the lakers is ludicrous. shaq was one of the best, if not the best, players in the league with the lakers. with the heat in 2006, he was still in the top tier of centers, but merely an above-average center.

Lakersfan2483
11-11-2008, 01:51 AM
I'm not taking any Laker fan seriously with this "without Shaq" ***** like Lakers were going anywhere without Gasol or Bynum

Bad argument, every great team has had other great players around them. Magic had Kareem and Worthy. MJ had Pippen, Bird had Mchale and Parrish, so what's your point. Of course Kobe needs a good 2nd option like Gasol. KG needed Pierce and R. Allen to help him capture a title last season.

DreamShaker
11-11-2008, 01:51 AM
He's not on Kobe's level or Lebron's for that matter. He's great just not better than those 2 guys.

Not saying he's better....but he's in the discussion I believe....

I think if you took two players of that caliber off of any team they would struggle....Kobe can't do EVERYTHING....

barreleffact
11-11-2008, 01:52 AM

no knock on lebron, but id take a healthy wade over him too. wade in 06 to me was the best player ive ever witnessed. i wasnt really able to be a fanatic of jordan due to age, but wade was sooo smooth. i patterned my game after him from his glass shots to his reverse between the legs. lebron is good, but i see him as that guy who is an individual elite. wade is special. he, cp3, and kobe are my top 3 perimeter players. lebron is 4th tho. but even now, wade is above .500 with an underequipped heat team. a rookie pg, beasley with no D and wants to play 3, marion who doesnt have the same statistical impact, and 6'8 haslem as CENTER

barreleffact
11-11-2008, 01:54 AM
Bad argument, every great team has had other great players around them. Magic had Kareem and Worthy. MJ had Pippen, Bird had Mchale and Parrish, so what's your point. Of course Kobe needs a good 2nd option like Gasol. KG needed Pierce and R. Allen to help him capture a title last season.

exactly...nobody wins on their own. hell jordan got bounced out of the playoffs how many times before he finally won? championships have at least 2 elite players...the only exception is detroit, but they had 5 equally talented players

Lakersfan2483
11-11-2008, 01:54 AM
Not saying he's better....but he's in the discussion I believe....

I think if you took two players of that caliber off of any team they would struggle....Kobe can't do EVERYTHING....

Wade is a top 5 player in the NBA. I have him below Kobe, Lebron, Duncan and KG. It no Knock on Wade, he's a terrific player.

Lakersfan2483
11-11-2008, 01:56 AM
exactly...nobody wins on their own. hell jordan got bounced out of the playoffs how many times before he finally won? championships have at least 2 elite players...the only exception is detroit, but they had 5 equally talented players

Exactly, NO one wins without other great players around them.

Bulls4Lyfe
11-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Exactly, NO one wins without other great players around them.

Just a thought...who were the great players around wade when the heat won a championship? not saying he didn't have a great supporting cast, but still.

EddieB
11-11-2008, 02:16 AM
Dwayne Wade is one of the most explosive players in the league, but calling him a MVP candidate after last year is premature. The Heat make the playoffs this year, they he may be in the top 5 candidate. The MVP is a joke imo, you have to be great with a great team, it's not about how great your stats are anymore and how much you dominate a game

nik.jd.aitken
11-11-2008, 02:29 AM

7 games in, Wade probably won't play 65.

barreleffact
11-11-2008, 02:39 AM
7 games in, Wade probably won't play 65.

:mad: i would shake my head, but idk how. lol, but thats messed up. wade hasnt PROVEN to be injury proned yet. even MJ had a 16 game season...meaning basically a year. lets see if he sustains before we call him greg oden please

Lakersfan2483
11-11-2008, 03:33 AM
Just a thought...who were the great players around wade when the heat won a championship? not saying he didn't have a great supporting cast, but still.

He had a good cast around him and he had Shaquille O'neal (he wasn't in his prime, but he still was extremely effective, the best center at that time), Alonzo Mourning was huge for that team off of the bench. Walker and Posey were critical to that teams success as well. J. Will and GP were effective enough in the backcourt as was Haslem defensively. Shaq and Wade had a good supporting cast, considering they won a championship.

Note: People often talk about Shaq not putting up great numbers in the Finals against Dallas, but they don't understand his importance. Avery's strategy was to not allow Shaq to beat him and he got burned by D. Wade. He chose not to take the ball out of Wade's hands and instead he doubled Shaquille. It was a costly mistake because this allowed D. Wade to be single covered and he had a huge series. Although Shaq did not score as much, his mere presence alone changed the game defensively and also allowed Wade to operate on the perimeter, Shaq was huge for that team winning a title.

pmmr2113
11-11-2008, 03:55 AM
and if wade had the work ethic that kobe bryant has, he wouldn't get injured as often

barreleffact
11-11-2008, 04:04 AM
and if wade had the work ethic that kobe bryant has, he wouldn't get injured as often

work ethic??? its wade's style not his ethic

lakerboy
11-11-2008, 05:03 AM
They didn't even win all their last three games.

Heat is not even a top contender in the East. No way Wade is MVP.

GspLAL
11-11-2008, 05:13 AM
do you need to go there? Do we want to go to the only reason Kobe has a ring is because he played with the most physically dominant player in history? Wade and Kobe are benefactors of the same man. Don't get mad or jealous

I'm sure Shaq or even Jordan would have won a title if they had a crappy role player in the spot of pippen or kobe.

EddieB
11-11-2008, 05:58 AM
I'm sure Shaq or even Jordan would have won a title if they had a crappy role player in the spot of pippen or kobe.

thank you. At least Pippen wasn't a liability in the last few minutes of games like Hack a Shaq, either he fouled out or was on the bench due to hack a shaq

barreleffact
11-11-2008, 06:21 AM

exactly...i mean cuz shaq lost with penny...and jordan got his *** handed to him everytime until pippen developed...but you couldve put anybody with them and they win...i mean plus all the other years shaq was in the league and didnt win b4 the 3 peat...na. forget em. ANY crappy role player would do:rolleyes:

HiphopRelated
11-11-2008, 09:58 AM
lol, so what's your argument against Wade again??

Wade = proven ability to win with good team

So all that other sh1t about needing to get past the 2nd round to be in convo with Kobe is garbage. The Heat TEAM currently aren't contenders period.

That has jack ***** to do with Wade vs. Kobe.

Kobe has Lamar Odom coming off the bench, Wade has Yakhouba Diawarra

JordansBulls
11-11-2008, 11:19 AM
As John Havlicek said: "Every one needs talent to win, however everyone who has talent doesn't win".

So when players have the talent on the team and don't win, then excuses can't be made by saying they didn't have so and so like someone else did. Because they were already good enough to win but just didn't pull through.

ATX
11-11-2008, 12:41 PM
That's nothing new Wade has been getting love from the officials for a long time and trust me I know.

OMG, how long are you Mavs fans going to :cry:

Get over it, please.

MiamiHeat
11-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Look I like Wade, but that 2006 championship the Mavs got screwed big time, and I'm not even a Mavs fan. This thread shouldn't even be a discussion with the Heat being the worst team in the NBA last year.

that was last year....
new season new beginning

and I'm getting pretty sick of some of you *****es
complaining about how Wade gets love from the refs come seriously?
I don't see you complain when Kobe gets to the freethrow line.
Wade gets foul hard that's why he goes to the freethrow line
I wanna see one of you little pussys do that everynight you won't be lasting
2 games, gets me so mad how some of you dumbasses can't get it through
your thick skulls Wade is a great player :mad:

ATX
11-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Only point I'll argue here is that it's way to premature to have this discusion...As you can clearly see, most are basing thier arguments on past performances and taking it back to Shaq/Kobe years and MJ/Pippen years...Just watch and enjoy the game for what it is. All I know now is that when I see Wade or Kobe or LeBron or Paul or Amare play, my jaw hit the floor often. Those players have elevated themselves to superstar status. They are as gifted as they come and take thier games to new heights when it matters most. Some are on better teams than others, but all could easily be the MVP this year or any other year. I just love to watch them play.

NYKnickFanatic
11-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Cant win MVP with a losing record.

ATX
11-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Thank you MiamiHeat!!

Last year was last year...It's a whole new season, in case some haven't noticed. Stop living in the past and crying about the 06 Finals...This thread has nothing to do with that.

Wade making a run for MVP??

Of course he is, he will always be in the discussion, and if you can't except that than your probably a Mavs or Knicks fan. I'm not a Kobe fan, but I can certainly aknowledge his basketball prowess.

Heat have a winning record, and when they get Wright, Jones and possibly Mourning back, you can bet they'll have a winning record at seasons end. I'm not saying they're contenders by any stretch, but they'll make the playoffs.

Gunzito22
11-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Wade v. Kobe v. LeBron in an MVP race 2 weeks into the season??? Really???

this is the "premature ejaculation" equivilant of all PSD threads... :pity:...

Hawkeye15
11-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Wade could clearly be the best player in the NBA this year. But if his team isn't a top 2 seed in the east, it will go to LeBron (same thing goes for him as far as seeding), Kobe, or Paul, who will all have far better team records, which is always the deciding factor in the MVP vote. Everyone here can argue who they think it better. It doesn't matter. The winner of the MVP award is rarely that, they are the best player on the best team. That is all.

BALLER71
11-11-2008, 02:25 PM

What bias? He's a Lakers fan rooting for Wade?
Where's the bias.

P-O-Z
11-11-2008, 02:31 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

Lmfao you have no right to be in this thread :laugh:

Considering that fiasco the mavs puled in 06, i would be living under a rock.

da wood
11-11-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm going to say this and leave it alone those few years when kobe was putting up those crazy numbers. All anyboby could say was make your team better. All anyone said was said was that Kobes supporting cast is hot garbage. Hum we only have added 2 new players to our team. Everyone else remains the same and we are the deepest team in the league. so i tell you this have d wade make his team contenders and we can converse.

Lost Art
11-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Wow. Camador, could you be a bigger homer? I don't think there is one other person in here, nor are there any NBA analysts, that feel the same way you do. Wade is a great player but by NO MEANS is he the best player on the planet.

You say that Wade wouldn't have let the Lakers lose to the Celtics..........well Kobe would never let his team lose 67 games in a season :p

See how dumb that sounds? Don't bash other players to try to boost the reputation of your favorite player, it's a bit petty ;)

P-O-Z
11-11-2008, 02:33 PM
The mavs the past few seasons have choked harder than pornstars.
On some real ****.

NYKnickFanatic
11-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Wow. Camador, could you be a bigger homer? I don't think there is one other person in here, nor are there any NBA analysts, that feel the same way you do. Wade is a great player but by NO MEANS is he the best player on the planet.

You say that Wade wouldn't have let the Lakers lose to the Celtics..........well Kobe would never let his team lose 67 games in a season :p

Haha, I hate Kobe and the Lakers but...:clap:

Hawkeye15
11-11-2008, 02:35 PM
What bias? He's a Lakers fan rooting for Wade?
Where's the bias.

your bias comes from saying you would take anybody in todays game over LeBron anyday. Really?

P-O-Z
11-11-2008, 02:37 PM

bro wade was rushed back into action way before he was supposed to go back. He missed half the season anyways. i would say he was at 60 percent when he was playing last year. The only reason you guys lose to the celtics was because of your defensive play in the 4th in i believe that crucial game 4. I wouldn't doubt it if the lakers take it this year.

Lost Art
11-11-2008, 02:42 PM
bro wade was rushed back into action way before he was supposed to go back. He missed half the season anyways. i would say he was at 60 percent when he was playing last year. The only reason you guys lose to the celtics was because of your defensive play in the 4th in i believe that crucial game 4. I wouldn't doubt it if the lakers take it this year.

I know Wade wasn't completely healthy, I was just making a point of how dumb Camador's arguments are. And I agree, it was definitely our team defense and the Celtics physical play that caused us to lose in the finals. I don't think swapping Kobe with any other SG in the league would have changed that.

BALLER71
11-11-2008, 04:04 PM

You know what else you know about?
ABOUT CHOKES AND ****** DEFENSE.
CHOKE. THAT'S WHAT YOUR TEAM DID.
You couldn't finish a series that was basically over. Your team couldn't stop Wade.
He took a **** on your team.
GREATEST FINALS PERFORMANCE.
Shut up. Cry me a river (http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-1)
And guess what? Yesterday he had another MVP like night. 19 points in the 4th quarter when we were down by double digits.

MiamiHeat
11-11-2008, 04:08 PM
You know what else you know about?
ABOUT CHOKES AND ****** DEFENSE.
CHOKE. THAT'S WHAT YOUR TEAM DID.
You couldn't finish a series that was basically over. Your team couldn't stop Wade.
He took a **** on your team.
GREATEST FINALS PERFORMANCE.
Shut up. Cry me a river (http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-1)
And guess what? Yesterday he had another MVP like night. 19 points in the 4th quarter when we were down by double digits.

:clap: :laugh2:
cry me a river

but on a serious now
Mavs fans gotta get over it damn
they are such little crybabys

LA_Raiders
11-11-2008, 04:17 PM
I can't say this enough, but MVP only goes to the best player on a top 2-3 team. Wade has 0 chance of winning it. It needs to be renamed, best player on the best team award.

Agree....

HiphopRelated
11-11-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm going to say this and leave it alone those few years when kobe was putting up those crazy numbers. All anyboby could say was make your team better. All anyone said was said was that Kobes supporting cast is hot garbage. Hum we only have added 2 new players to our team. Everyone else remains the same and we are the deepest team in the league. so i tell you this have d wade make his team contenders and we can converse.
lol @ "only added 2 players"

you would believe they added Chris Wilcox and Eric Snow

S.J.Basketball
11-11-2008, 04:28 PM

Get Wades penis out of your mouth already. All I see is excuses...Kobe manhandled Wade last year and Wade didn't know wtf to do. Best guard since MJ? You're trippin man....

Lakers4ItAll
11-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks you....

no knock on lebron, but id take a healthy wade over him too.

PHX-SOXFAN
11-11-2008, 05:07 PM

why does it always come to something like this. leave mj out and in his own discussion. he never lost a finals, let alone multiple, never got blown out in a finals game, let alone multiple times.

LeBrowns
11-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Iíve always said a healthy Wade is the best player in the league. In 2006 IMO Wade was the best guard since Michael Jordan.

I stopped reading after this.

LeBrowns
11-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Get Wades penis out of your mouth already. All I see is excuses...Kobe manhandled Wade last year and Wade didn't know wtf to do. Best guard since MJ? You're trippin man....

yeah and wade had some future hall of famer named Shaquille O Neal on his team, Jordan had.....no dominate bigman

barreleffact
11-11-2008, 05:29 PM
yeah and wade had some future hall of famer named Shaquille O Neal on his team, Jordan had.....no dominate bigman

and jordan had another top 50 player playing with him too....wats your point?

GspLAL
11-11-2008, 05:34 PM
As John Havlicek said: "Every one needs talent to win, however everyone who has talent doesn't win".

So when players have the talent on the team and don't win, then excuses can't be made by saying they didn't have so and so like someone else did. Because they were already good enough to win but just didn't pull through.

Sorry but that quote is ********, you can have all the talent you want but when youre soft, don't play defense, all your talent wont matter, its not an excuse, its a reason.

IndyRealist
11-11-2008, 05:40 PM
more than 1 spectacular year??

Wade last 4 years

ECF
Finals MVP
lose 1st rd
miss playoffs.

Kobe last 4 years

miss playoffs
1st round exit
1st round exit
lose Finals

Best. Post. Ever.

:clap:

Seriously, Wade is fully back from injury. If his team can put it together, not only will it be a single season turnaround on par with last year's Celtics, but he will easily be in the running for MVP. Not that I'm saying they'll win that many games, they have too many holes in their roster. Jamaal Tinsley's still available....

G-Funk
11-11-2008, 05:48 PM

First of all it's the Kobe vs. Wade & Officials matchup. Wade is my second best player in the NBA next to Kobe but dang he's a pssy when he gets injured.

G-Funk
11-11-2008, 05:54 PM
your bias comes from saying you would take anybody in todays game over LeBron anyday. Really?

I would take Wade over LBJ. Nothing wrong with that.

Bulls4Lyfe
11-11-2008, 06:01 PM

I stopped reading after this.

Riiight...what part exactly do you find irrational?

Most will agree that Wade is top five, probably top three, in the league when healthy. It can be argued that a healthy Wade is the best player in the league. It's not irrational. I personally believe him to be a top 3 player.

Also, Wade dominated in 2006. He was on the same level as Kobe. He put up big numbers and led his team to a championship in 2006.

As for all of you discrediting Wade of his talent or accomplishments because of the supposed love the refs have for him, stop making excuses. Wade, in my opinion, is the best at attacking the basket. He gets those free throws because of his style of play, and he earns the vast majority of his calls. And it is obvious that superstars, whether it be Lebron, Kobe, Wade, etc., get a little more help from the refs.

ATX
11-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Riiight...what part exactly do you find irrational?

Most will agree that Wade is top five, probably top three, in the league when healthy. It can be argued that a healthy Wade is the best player in the league. It's not irrational. I personally believe him to be a top 3 player.

Also, Wade dominated in 2006. He was on the same level as Kobe. He put up big numbers and led his team to a championship in 2006.

As for all of you discrediting Wade of his talent or accomplishments because of the supposed love the refs have for him, stop making excuses. Wade, in my opinion, is the best at attacking the basket. He gets those free throws because of his style of play, and he earns the vast majority of his calls. And it is obvious that superstars, whether it be Lebron, Kobe, Wade, etc., get a little more help from the refs.

:clap:

EddieB
11-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Maybe he means, Wade is making a run for most valuable player on his team, now that makes for sense:clap:

MiamiHeat
11-11-2008, 06:30 PM
First of all it's the Kobe vs. Wade & Officials matchup. Wade is my second best player in the NBA next to Kobe but dang he's a pssy when he gets injured.

wow what your to tough to cry?
I would cry my *** off if I dislocated my left shoulder
so stop being such a ******* saying stuff like that

fhatmanz
11-11-2008, 06:37 PM

What's your point?

Kobe in the past two years has stopped forcing shots and is focused on managing the game, which has allowed him to be a distributer and become a scorer when needed.

Players like Bynum and Gasol benefit from Kobe now "making" his teammates better.

Same can be said with Chris Paul and David West.

Steve Nash and Amare, and at one point Marion.

Your going to need players of talent on your team to win... Lakers were not going nowhere when we had Kwame, Cook, Smush..etc

MilfHunter07
11-11-2008, 06:47 PM

Thats his opinion just like you have yours, i would aslo pick him over lebron anyday. Wade has a better overall game plain and simple.

BALLER71
11-11-2008, 06:52 PM

Horace Grant?
The only player who has ever carried his team to the playoffs was Lebron James. MJ didn't do it, he had Pippen.

MilfHunter07
11-11-2008, 06:59 PM

Have you ever played basketball? Guess not. Look even when you role your ankle it hurts like hell. IMagine a Dislocating a Shoulder. Back when i use to play basketball, i remember i went up for a layup on this fat kid and in thin air he pushed me and i landed wrong and broke my knee. I cryed like a little ***** all the way to the hospital. Because of that i got water in my knee and i was never really able to play the same again. So imagine a Dislocated Shoulder with a Pitched Nerver. Pretty sure no one would be able to stand that pain. So come on cut him a break with that crying stuff. Like if you've never cryed :eyebrow:

sep11ie
11-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Wow, talk about an early season MVP campaign. Who are you? Scott Boras?