PDA

View Full Version : If you put Vince Carter on the Cavaliers, would they be the team to beat?

JordansBulls
11-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Lets' say that the Wally for Carter deal went down and the Cavs had the following lineup:

PG Mo Williams
SG Vince Carter
SF Lebron
PF Ben Wallace
C Big Z

Would the Cavs be the team to beat?

Lakers4ItAll
11-10-2008, 09:07 PM
LOL no Lebron needs more than VC to be the "Team to beat"

KG#1
11-10-2008, 09:12 PM
it depends on what they would have to give up
if it is like the pau giveaway they would be much better but again it would depend if vc would decide to play d

Goon.Weezy
11-10-2008, 09:23 PM
this team wont be the team to beat because you got 2 ballhogs on the team....

CB4AB7VC15
11-10-2008, 09:27 PM
finals, lebron took boston to 7 alone with vc they can make the finals bu lakers r just way too strong.

x_notorious
11-10-2008, 09:29 PM
:laugh2:

No. Not even in the Eastern Conference, let along the entire NBA.

JJ81
11-10-2008, 09:34 PM
No. Vince Carter has the be the main star of a team. The only thing is he's not good at that.

KB24PG16
11-10-2008, 09:38 PM
why do u always make these threads with what if
anyways they wouldnt be as good as the celts, lakers, and possibly the hornets

NYK
11-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Them with the Celtics would be the teams in the east but they wouldent win the finals if they were to make it in.

JIDsanity
11-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah, some of the post above are by clowns

dre1990
11-10-2008, 10:03 PM
It would make them worse with theplayers they would have to give up IMAO

zambo4president
11-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Vince isnt even that good, so i dont know how they would even be A team to beat

Lakersfan2483
11-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Lets' say that the Wally for Carter deal went down and the Cavs had the following lineup:

PG Mo Williams
SG Vince Carter
SF Lebron
PF Ben Wallace
C Big Z

Would the Cavs be the team to beat?

No, they would not quite be the team to beat, but things would be very interesting out in the East. I definitely think they would have the chance to make a run for the finals, however I don't think they would win a title. They would need better low post scoring.

Raidaz4Life
11-10-2008, 10:32 PM
no.... not at all.... VC is washed up

JordansBulls
11-10-2008, 10:38 PM
no.... not at all.... VC is washed up

This is what he is doing this year?

21.8 PPG 3.4 APG 5.0 RPG 47.1 FG

Seriously I don't consider a guy scoring 20 ppg a guy that is washed up.

LeonFSU
11-10-2008, 10:48 PM

I don't think they'd have a better regular season record than Boston, but once Vince Carter became comfortable with his teammates, if that did in fact happen before the end of the year, then I think they'd be better than both Boston and Detroit come playoff time. Just my opinion.

Lakersfan2483
11-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Carter would be excellent playing with a guy like Lebron, he could play off of him as the 2nd option, of course both guys would have to be willing to sacrifice and build chemistry.

unwantedplayer
11-10-2008, 11:13 PM

Hes the #1 scoring option on the team. He is like a Paul Pierce w/o KG and Ray, jacking up shots all night long.

LeBrowns
11-10-2008, 11:31 PM
why are people so obsessed with critiquing the cavs, VC is terrible as a 2nd option and management doesn't want his sorry lazy defense on the floor either.

JIDsanity
11-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Hes the #1 scoring option on the team. He is like a Paul Pierce w/o KG and Ray, jacking up shots all night long.

and making 47% of those shots.

JIDsanity
11-10-2008, 11:48 PM
why are people so obsessed with critiquing the cavs, VC is terrible as a 2nd option and management doesn't want his sorry lazy defense on the floor either.

:confused: So you'd rather have Mo Williams. I'm done I've been responding to clowns on PSD all day and I'm sick of it. Peace

Lebron23
11-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Vince Carter with the Cavs = 2009 NBA Finals Appearance.

Carter is still a dominant scorer, and i take him over Tracy Mcgrady.

Hawkeye15
11-11-2008, 12:09 AM

not a big VC fan here, but he would be by far and away their 2nd option. Mo Williams over him? Really?

bostncelts34
11-11-2008, 12:14 AM
good team yes, not the team to beat tho

Durant is hype
11-11-2008, 12:35 AM
They have the talent with Carter,but the really question is can they commit all those guys to play defense.

#1Mavericksfan
11-11-2008, 12:46 AM

:clap::clap::clap: Well said

Ballah0liC1
11-11-2008, 01:04 PM
why are there so many carter and tmac haters,i know what everyone is going to say they have skill but dont try,but how the **** do u know are friends with them, are u at all the games if not shut the hell
up,ok lets talk about kobe,pau ,bynum,vujacic,fisher,ariza,rondo,allen,garnett,pi erce,

rosesbulls
11-11-2008, 01:18 PM
do you mean in the east or nba in general in the east probably but Celtics would be breathing on there necks. In NBA it would still be the Lakers.

rosesbulls
11-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Vince Carter with the Cavs = 2009 NBA Finals Appearance.

Carter is still a dominant scorer, and i take him over Tracy Mcgrady.

VC over Tmac :eyebrow: really.

JermanJaysFan
11-11-2008, 01:20 PM
They need a real post presence. Z is declining. Lebron + consistantly good post presence = championship

rosesbulls
11-11-2008, 01:22 PM
What would cleveland give up for Vince no way they get him without giving up at least one starter.

wolf3742
11-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Uhm... I am a nets fans... I want to give VC away because I'd like to get a young piece for him but from what I have seen this season VC is far from being washed up and far from being sefish. Like someone said, he is already shooting 47% and he is not jocking up shots any longer. If you see him play now, he became more of the playmaker. the first half he brings the assist and in he brings in the scores during crunch time.

With that said, the Cavs would be in a much better situation with VC on board. He can still score and it will be hard for the defense on who to guard with VC and Lebron playing together. They might step on the elite team with that lineup.

mrblisterdundee
11-11-2008, 01:29 PM
The Cavaliers would definitely be the team to beat in the east. They got to the semifinals and championship game with just LeBron starring. Now they have a talented combo guard in Mo Williams to share distribution and scoring duties. I could see Vince still scoring nearly 20 points per game on the Cavaliers, and still getting decent assist and rebound numbers. People get down on him a lot, but he still puts up good stats. His presence would mitigate the arrival of Allen Iverson in the east, and provide the Cavs with the extra help they need to get past game 7 with the Celtics.

Kaptain Kanada
11-11-2008, 01:51 PM
VC = Cancer

Kiss Ma Grits
11-11-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm going to say "NO" he wouldn't help the team and not because he's declined. I just think West fits what we're looking for at the time. He's knocking down open looks, playing scrappy defense, quicker then Vince, and he fits into the teams "Continuity". I'm not saying Delonte is better then Vince statistically but he plays with much more heart and he doesn't need the ball to make an impact.

PLUS,

I've read all summer long about how much better Philly and Toronto were going to be because they picked up former all stars but CLEVELAND has the better record. I've been reading about how we're in need of a post player bad and how much Z has declined and even though Philly and Toronto has better post players, CLEVELAND has a better record and the declining Z's numbers has yet again improved and he's STILL one of the best offensive rebounders in the league (go check the numbers the last few years folks). CLEVELAND don't need any of that in which you're talking about because they're doing quite fine without that post player that Toronto and Philly has. We don't need Vince Carter who may NOT fit here. Just because he's a star doesn't mean he his game has the "continuity" to help the Cavs so keep the post players, keep Vince Carter, and just stick with what we have and we'll be fine. Look who's leading the Central Division folks!

ee
11-11-2008, 02:23 PM
VC = Cancer
^^
get over it man:rolleyes:

I think that'll be a fun team to watch....Finally, another scorer next to LBJ, he can lighten the load and can also play the SF position so the drop off when LBJ sits isn't much.....MoWill is supposed to be that 2nd scorer to lighten the load for LBJ so we'll see. But VC can definitely be that guy.....

ARMIN12NBA
11-11-2008, 02:29 PM
:laugh2:

No. Not even in the Eastern Conference, let along the entire NBA.

I'm thinking the same thing. There is star power there, but no chemistry IMO. I really can't imagine VC and Lebron as well as Mo trying to share one ball. It won't work.

bartlett2266
11-11-2008, 02:35 PM
How is a heartless coward going to help Lebron beat anyone

heatfan123249
11-11-2008, 02:36 PM
would be the clippers be the team to beat with Lebron? Plus what would CLeveland offer for Vince?

Pierzynski4Prez
11-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Cleveland would have to give about 14 mil worth of players for VC, not so sure they will be a better team, unless the nets are dumb enough to take ben wallace

hotpotato1092
11-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Well considering that they'd be playing 4 on 5 25-30 minutes a night when Ben Wallace's corpse is on the floor I'd say no

CB4AB7VC15
11-11-2008, 09:57 PM
wally plus first rounder for vc
wally 12m and expiring thats what nj wants.

Nets fan 93
11-11-2008, 10:08 PM
:rolleyes:
VC is a greatplaymaker in this stage of his career and Bron get almost 10 assists every game... very great post...

MGB
11-11-2008, 10:11 PM
JB, are you a relative of VC? Or better yet, are YOU Vince Carter? :eyebrow:

Anthony Flores
11-11-2008, 10:28 PM
... In the East yes not at all in the west and the Nets wont do that anyways

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
11-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Wow it's really not surprising at all how much hate their is for vc in this forum. It's either those raptor fans who are still crying because the furthest or biggest they have ever been was with Vince carter... Or its those dumb ignorant fans that watch listen to critics and still link vince to the whole toronto incident... Have u guys seen vince paly in a NEt uniform ? Honestly? Have u seen him play this year ? He such a good play maker these days.. he has grown into a team first player and a great leader... He has matured a ton and can really play the game... Even last year i think him, kobe, and lebron were the only three players to average 20 , 5, and 6... How is a player that is doing what only lebron and kobe are doign washed up? GOd haters... This season his playing with a bunch of young unexperienced kids on his team.. and he faces a double triple team every time he touches the ball.. he still dropin 20 and at 47 %fg.... cmon stop the hating

Anyway I think at this point in his career... Vince would make a great # 2 option to lebron.. Wow i think he'd be a great fit. I know lebronw ould endorse him 4 sure... Lebron has never played with a great scorer like that.. it will make both of their lives so much easier... Vince has the nice touch and ability to drive to the rim.. and Lebron is just a bulldozer.. lebrons lebron... those two on the same team would causes so many mismatches and double teams... with mo williams spreading floor... shooting the ball liek he does.. and Z and big ben down low... playing D and grabing boards... wow.. I say front runner in the East.

I'm guessing its not going to happen. The nets do want to hold onto vicne it looks like to me.. He is the only person that can sell a ticket on that team.. and hes their only hope. He has been awsuem to the organizationa , a great leader.. and is showing great patience.. I think the team rewards him by keeping him... and Letting him make a run with the star they get in 2010 and these very young talented players...

Maybe Vince and Lebron play on the same team then,,..Just my opinion

domenicd
11-12-2008, 05:34 PM
if Clevland wants to do anything, they need to somehow get rid of Ben "I don't care to play anymore cuz I make so much money and sit on the bench" and Wally and their contracts. If LB continues to score 41, they are doomed, but Mo Williams still needs some games with his new team before he picks it up as his shooting hasn't been good

BTownTeamsRKing
11-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Wow it's really not surprising at all how much hate their is for vc in this forum. It's either those raptor fans who are still crying because the furthest or biggest they have ever been was with Vince carter... Or its those dumb ignorant fans that watch listen to critics and still link vince to the whole toronto incident... Have u guys seen vince paly in a NEt uniform ? Honestly? Have u seen him play this year ? He such a good play maker these days.. he has grown into a team first player and a great leader... He has matured a ton and can really play the game... Even last year i think him, kobe, and lebron were the only three players to average 20 , 5, and 6... How is a player that is doing what only lebron and kobe are doign washed up? GOd haters... This season his playing with a bunch of young unexperienced kids on his team.. and he faces a double triple team every time he touches the ball.. he still dropin 20 and at 47 %fg.... cmon stop the hating

Anyway I think at this point in his career... Vince would make a great # 2 option to lebron.. Wow i think he'd be a great fit. I know lebronw ould endorse him 4 sure... Lebron has never played with a great scorer like that.. it will make both of their lives so much easier... Vince has the nice touch and ability to drive to the rim.. and Lebron is just a bulldozer.. lebrons lebron... those two on the same team would causes so many mismatches and double teams... with mo williams spreading floor... shooting the ball liek he does.. and Z and big ben down low... playing D and grabing boards... wow.. I say front runner in the East.

I'm guessing its not going to happen. The nets do want to hold onto vicne it looks like to me.. He is the only person that can sell a ticket on that team.. and hes their only hope. He has been awsuem to the organizationa , a great leader.. and is showing great patience.. I think the team rewards him by keeping him... and Letting him make a run with the star they get in 2010 and these very young talented players...

Maybe Vince and Lebron play on the same team then,,..Just my opinion

good defense of your player. your right he isnt washed up, but everytime i watch him, i dont see any defense. for example, Wade completely killed him in the 4th quarter. and dont tell me VC isnt athletic enough to stay with him. VC is a very good player stuck on a rebuilding team.

as far the cavs with him. who knows? we all said melo and AI would be great bc it takes pressure off both, but that didnt work out very well either. so maybe it turns out good, but it most likely wont unless they play without each other on the court bc lebron has never played with another scorer like that so its all about his reaction. can he play his game without gettin as many touches?

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
11-12-2008, 06:07 PM
good defense of your player. your right he isnt washed up, but everytime i watch him, i dont see any defense. for example, Wade completely killed him in the 4th quarter. and dont tell me VC isnt athletic enough to stay with him. VC is a very good player stuck on a rebuilding team.

as far the cavs with him. who knows? we all said melo and AI would be great bc it takes pressure off both, but that didnt work out very well either. so maybe it turns out good, but it most likely wont unless they play without each other on the court bc lebron has never played with another scorer like that so its all about his reaction. can he play his game without gettin as many touches?

Very good point... What hurt melo and Ai was that they didn't play any defense... That could very well be the same case with the cavs... But i think lebron is different from melo in that he wants to play better defense... He wants to get better at defending.. he Understand bball is played on both ends... He may not be the best or at kobe's level... but i think his leadership and his intent to paly defense might help them a little...

And yea that game against the heat.. Vince should have definitly done a better job at locking him down.. I mean its hard to stop Dwade.. but i wish he at least made him work a little more at the other end...

I love vince but im not going off the wall and saying hes the best player in the world..He does make mistakes... But i mean i still thinkin hes better than 95% of the league... and is far from washed up..

Lincecum55
11-12-2008, 06:11 PM
I doubt it. He is good but I dont think they would be the team to beat

futureman
11-12-2008, 06:36 PM
hahahahahahahahaha! team to beat? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Quit it with your obsession with these overrated players? Vince carter will be a good player on a weak team if he went to a real team he would average 8 points a game. You drove me crazy with how the jaz should get vince carter this summer, I'm soooo glad we didn't make a deal like that, now that AK is projected to be 6th man of the year.

Kaptain Kanada
11-12-2008, 07:17 PM
How is a heartless coward going to help Lebron beat anyone

HAHA.... tru dat.