PDA

View Full Version : Law Signs with Jets

penuch
11-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Law Sign with Jets (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3694821)

At least Law has familiarity on his side. He played from 1995-2004 in New England before spending the 2005 season with the Jets.

Well not really this is a FAR FAR FAR different offense then when he played with the team!

They say the pats were also trying to sign him, and all I can say is thanks Jets cause lets be realistic he is not even close the the CB he once was. I am not sure he would of offered much even to our depleted secondary.

The Intimidator
11-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Ehh...this isn't big news IMO. I'd be surprised if Law sees much playing time against the Pats on Thursday night.

YANKSJETSKNICKS
11-10-2008, 09:38 PM
its just that hes gonna beat u guys

Patsfan56
11-10-2008, 09:44 PM
its just that hes gonna beat u guys

With his mobile scooter and life alert tag? I don't think so. :p

jetsfan89
11-10-2008, 11:18 PM
he's not gonna start for us so tell wes welker to stop licking his chops. he's just gonna provide some solid depth for us and will be the CB/S hybrid for us. our CB's after revis, poteat, and lowery suck.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-10-2008, 11:59 PM
efen traitor. F him. another guy just looken for money and i know the jets just did this to annoy NE.

btw hows the great Gholston working out? let em keep taking our trash.

jetsfan89
11-11-2008, 12:06 AM
efen traitor. F him. another guy just looken for money and i know the jets just did this to annoy NE.

i love how there's a misconception that the jets took gholston cause the pats wanted him. they took him cause gholston has a ton of potential and at the time the jets needed front 7 players. fortunately bryan thomas has come back to 06 form. i knew that he wouldnt have much of an impact this season (not to the extent now though). its next year where we'll see it. it had nothing to do with the pats.

Red_Sox_89
11-11-2008, 12:33 AM
Bold prediction for the game:
Ty Law will only play half the game when the team doctor has to treat Law for...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjZwNTLh4_U&feature=related

jetsfan28
11-11-2008, 12:35 AM

You really shouldn't talk trash if you don't know what you're talking about. Gholston was picked for the long term, not the short term, and the two gusy ahead of him, Pace and Thomas, are having huge years.

Bold prediction for the game:
Ty Law will only play half the game when the team doctor has to treat Law for...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjZwNTLh4_U&feature=related

It's very possible, he's old enough

BTownTeamsRKing
11-11-2008, 01:51 AM
please jets fans dont tell me for a moment that mangini didnt pick gholston just to annoy BB. NE bluffed and mangini bought it. the guy could still be good, but if hes so good, why is Jerod Mayo who the jets could have taken doing so much better and revived the Patriots defense while gholston is missing special teams tackles against Leodis Mckelvin? face it your coach doesnt have the mental capacity to take on BB in the longterm.

how would your team be without your QB, 3 RBs, Starting SS, and other RELATIVELY minor injuries?

btw dont take it personal jets fans, i got nothin against u personally. just your team. its sports so keep it to trash talk.

nyyfan4life
11-11-2008, 02:39 AM
please jets fans dont tell me for a moment that mangini didnt pick gholston just to annoy BB. NE bluffed and mangini bought it. the guy could still be good, but if hes so good, why is Jerod Mayo who the jets could have taken doing so much better and revived the Patriots defense while gholston is missing special teams tackles against Leodis Mckelvin? face it your coach doesnt have the mental capacity to take on BB in the longterm.

how would your team be without your QB, 3 RBs, Starting SS, and other RELATIVELY minor injuries?

btw dont take it personal jets fans, i got nothin against u personally. just your team. its sports so keep it to trash talk.

:laugh:

Jets took Gholston because he was the best player available. He was taken as the BPA and the need at that point. Pace was a large unknown at the time and Thomas was coming off a horrid year. Just so happens while the dumb college rule kept Gholston out of the training camp for a while, both Thomas and Pace signed.

Gholston is a rookie. You think he's a bust after half a season? Mario Williams was fairly bad his first year and that was without learning a new position. You can TRY to talk smack but its evident that you know nothing. The fact is Gholston was taken for long term impact. Judging a rookie based of half a season is stupid.

Mayo has started every game mainly because of need. WE haven't had the need to play Gholston, YET. Do you KNOW that Mayo and Gholston play different positions? Just wondering. I guess many teams were foolish because they passed on David Harris last year too :rolleyes:.

Who cares about injuries? They are part of the game. Just so happens the Pats are hit with the injury bug this year. Maybe they shouldn't have tried to cheat...:p. Even though I don't care, I'll say it still, karma is a *****. Just so happens that the Pats got theirs. Now lets see all the Pats fans get their panties in a bunch...

The Intimidator
11-11-2008, 03:29 AM
Jets took Gholston because he was the best player available.

False. There were much more talented players still available at the #6 pick. Mayo, Rivers, and Harvey are all more talented players than Gholston. The Jets were baited into taking him, but not by the Pats. Gholston's stock rose after the 2006 Ohio State-Michigan game. Other than that game, he was an above average to good college player. The knock on him is that he disappears in big situations, and then next time he comes up big in such a situation will be the first time. He will never live up to being a top ten pick, although I do agree with you when you say that it it too early to call him a bust. I like the Mario Williams comparison.

Mayo has started every game mainly because of need. WE haven't had the need to play Gholston, YET.

This is a weak argument on your part. Mayo has started because he is flat out GOOD. He leads the team in tackles with 65, which means that he is on pace for 115 tackles. He is a legitimate threat to win defensive rookie of the year, and has the potential to be a perennial pro-bowler. If Gholston was thought of highly enough by the Jets staff, he would be playing a significant amount of snaps. His 7 tackles in 9 games show me that he probably doesn't make too many plays when he's out there on the field either, whereas Mayo is making plays left and right.

Who cares about injuries? They are part of the game. Just so happens the Pats are hit with the injury bug this year. Maybe they shouldn't have tried to cheat...:p. Even though I don't care, I'll say it still, karma is a *****. Just so happens that the Pats got theirs. Now lets see all the Pats fans get their panties in a bunch...

This is a typical attempt to bait. Sure, you say that injuries are just a part of the game now, but don't even tell me that you wouldn't be pissed off if the Jets lost Favre, Jones, Rhodes, Ellis, and other contributors due to injury, because you would. The bottom line is that with all of our injuries, the rest of the AFC East still can't overtake us. What does that say about those teams? Also, the beautiful thing about "karma being a *****" is that it affects everyone. It will reach you soon enough my friend.

HOZ THE KNICK
11-11-2008, 06:50 AM
this is a diffrent football team from week 2 be prepared be very prepared that's all i have to say.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-11-2008, 09:08 AM
False. There were much more talented players still available at the #6 pick. Mayo, Rivers, and Harvey are all more talented players than Gholston. The Jets were baited into taking him, but not by the Pats. Gholston's stock rose after the 2006 Ohio State-Michigan game. Other than that game, he was an above average to good college player. The knock on him is that he disappears in big situations, and then next time he comes up big in such a situation will be the first time. He will never live up to being a top ten pick, although I do agree with you when you say that it it too early to call him a bust. I like the Mario Williams comparison.

This is a weak argument on your part. Mayo has started because he is flat out GOOD. He leads the team in tackles with 65, which means that he is on pace for 115 tackles. He is a legitimate threat to win defensive rookie of the year, and has the potential to be a perennial pro-bowler. If Gholston was thought of highly enough by the Jets staff, he would be playing a significant amount of snaps. His 7 tackles in 9 games show me that he probably doesn't make too many plays when he's out there on the field either, whereas Mayo is making plays left and right.

This is a typical attempt to bait. Sure, you say that injuries are just a part of the game now, but don't even tell me that you wouldn't be pissed off if the Jets lost Favre, Jones, Rhodes, Ellis, and other contributors due to injury, because you would. The bottom line is that with all of our injuries, the rest of the AFC East still can't overtake us. What does that say about those teams? Also, the beautiful thing about "karma being a *****" is that it affects everyone. It will reach you soon enough my friend.

basically my thoughts. nice. well put.

NO TEAM with this amount of injuries could ever survive. nevermind lead the division.

griff141
11-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Ok... I love all these people playing the karma card. Well for all of you that love saying that all of our misfortunes are because of karma, well, you are idiots! Everything that has happened to our team is part of the game of football. Games are lost, players are injured, and players sign with other teams for more money. Plus, if you knew half of what your talking about, you would realize that in Hindu, Jain, Sikh, and Buddhist religions where karma is believed to exist, karma doesn't take effect until one's next life.

The Intimidator
11-11-2008, 12:39 PM
this is a diffrent football team from week 2 be prepared be very prepared that's all i have to say.

Oh, I'm sure the Jets are different from Week 2. Favre is more comfortable now, and it's obvious that they are playing well. But you must also take into account that the Pats are a different team as well. Matt Cassel was making his first NFL start in the first Pats-Jets game, and he went 16/23 for 165 yards. He was also sacked 4 times, because when he was faced with pressure, he turned into a deer in the headlights. Cassel is a different player now. He has developed some chemistry with Moss, and has been sacked just once over the course of the last two games. Now when Cassel is faced with pressure, he steps up into the pocket, like his predecessor Tom Brady. Unlike Brady, however, Cassel has the ability to tuck the ball and run with it when the pocket collapses. Another factor to consider is that the Jets haven't seen BenJarvus Green-Ellis before, except on film. Both teams are different, so there will be adjustments made by the Pats and Jets on Thursday night. And FYI, the phrase is "be afraid, be very afraid". :p

Patsfan56
11-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Ahhh, yes!!! This is what I remember. God I love Jets Pats football. The rivalry is finally starting to heat back up. Ty Law signed. Good for him. I loved watching him play for the Pats, but his tank is on empty, so I hope the deal wasn't for too much... well, yes I do.

Sucks I won't get to see the game.

GO PATS!!!

kbjohnson26
11-11-2008, 02:30 PM
All I can say is that both teams are different from week two. The QB play from both teams is better and it should be pretty competitive. Even though I was pretty surprised to see Justin Miller get waived. I still thought he had some upside.

Also, the whole "karma" thing is stupid. As someone said in an earlier post, someone should actually check what it actually means. But the more important thing is that this isnt some video game. These guys (some of whom get paid crazy money) are getting seriously hurt (did you see the Vikings Game.... OUCH! )and all some fans can say is "karma's a b****...." Because some QB torches your team that doesnt give someone reason to hope they get injured.

And Jets Fans... Theres a reason why your coach is hated by more than just pats fans and he was voted one of the most hated coaches this year. If the Pats were such bums for "cheating" why did he sit on their sidelines knowing what they were doing was wrong and obviously didnt complain, then left the team and "tattled" ....that is called a hypocrite. Before Jets fans start complaining about "belicheat or whatever they want to call him, they should take a look at their own slimy coach and know that if BB ever decided he was done with the Pats what would be one of the first teams calling....

BostonHooligan1
11-11-2008, 02:59 PM
its funny how the jets fans throw up the cheating thing....im so sick of hearing about that ****....get some new ammo...they didnt cheat its been proven they didnt cheat, the just broke the rules on video taping....if u dont change your signs then its your own damn fault....hell the cowboys use to sign steal all the time. And how quick they are to forget that THEIR coach, Eric im not a MANgini, was sitting right next to BB collecting the info...and then we spanked them like the little girls they are and mangini turned into a true new yorker....a whine baby rat. boo hoo....no matter how you look at it...the jets are nothing but the scraps left over from the pats. Mangini will never be BB as much as he tries. With the fact that our team has been devastated by injury after injury we still are tied with a healthy jets team with the infamous favre. Now that brady and half our team is out the jets got a little swagger....good enjoy it....cause it wont last forever...and its sad that it takes half our team to be injured for the JETS to actually have a chance.

kbjohnson26
11-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Ahhh, yes!!! This is what I remember. God I love Jets Pats football. The rivalry is finally starting to heat back up. Ty Law signed. Good for him. I loved watching him play for the Pats, but his tank is on empty, so I hope the deal wasn't for too much... well, yes I do.

Sucks I won't get to see the game.

GO PATS!!!

I agree the Jets/Pats rivalry is definitely interesting and currently one of the better in Football.

jetsfan89
11-11-2008, 04:03 PM
its funny how the jets fans throw up the cheating thing....im so sick of hearing about that ****....get some new ammo...they didnt cheat its been proven they didnt cheat, the just broke the rules on video taping....if u dont change your signs then its your own damn fault....hell the cowboys use to sign steal all the time. And how quick they are to forget that THEIR coach, Eric im not a MANgini, was sitting right next to BB collecting the info...and then we spanked them like the little girls they are and mangini turned into a true new yorker....a whine baby rat. boo hoo....no matter how you look at it...the jets are nothing but the scraps left over from the pats. Mangini will never be BB as much as he tries. With the fact that our team has been devastated by injury after injury we still are tied with a healthy jets team with the infamous favre. Now that brady and half our team is out the jets got a little swagger....good enjoy it....cause it wont last forever...and its sad that it takes half our team to be injured for the JETS to actually have a chance.

not quite. if you remember david harris our MLB who was a stud last year will be out this game cause of groin surgery. i honestly view him with the same impact on the jets as adalius thomas for the pats. i understand that your team has alot more injuries. and trust me this team would rather face the pats with everybody healthy but thats the way it goes.

futureheisman
11-11-2008, 04:32 PM
put law on randy moss

Red_Sox_89
11-11-2008, 04:34 PM
put law on randy moss

Oh god, Moss would destroy Law.

nyyfan4life
11-11-2008, 05:23 PM
put law on randy moss

:pity:

You'd love that won't you, lol.

The rivalry has been intense and lets hope for a good win :cheers:.

The Intimidator
11-11-2008, 05:55 PM
put law on randy moss

:dance:

:silly:

:drunk:

MilledgeGomez
11-11-2008, 06:26 PM
not that we are really young but the Jets keep getting older and older

jetsfan89
11-11-2008, 08:35 PM
not that we are really young but the Jets keep getting older and older

really? i understand that guys like law, favre, and faneca are up there in age but our core players are relatively young.

Offense:
RB Leon Washington-26
WR Laveranues Coles-30
WR Jerricho Cotchery-26
LT D'brickasahw Ferguson-24
C Nick Mangold-23
TE Dustin Keller-24
RB Thomas Jones-30

Defense:

NT Kris Jenkins-29
DE-Kenyon Coleman-29
MLB David Harris-24
OLB-Calvin Pace-28
OLB Bryan Thomas-29
S Kerry Rhodes-26
CB Darrelle Revis-23

by no means is this team getting older and older cause they have two starters and a few backups that are above 30.

BostonHooligan1
11-12-2008, 01:09 AM
not quite. if you remember david harris our MLB who was a stud last year will be out this game cause of groin surgery. i honestly view him with the same impact on the jets as adalius thomas for the pats. i understand that your team has alot more injuries. and trust me this team would rather face the pats with everybody healthy but thats the way it goes.

one player compared to 5 of our star players....good comparison :rolleyes: and you say that the jets would love to play a healthy pats team...come on....no one would want that.... pure bull, just cause u know it isnt going to happen.