PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Martin out 7-10 days (4-6 games)

Kings Faithful
11-10-2008, 08:39 PM
An MRI taken on Kevin Martin's left ankle today at the UC Davis Medical Center confirmed his sprain, and the Kings shooting guard is expected to miss seven to 10 days.

Based on the previous comments of Kings coach Reggie Theus, he may start Bobby Jackson at Martin's depleted position. Swingman Francisco Garcia (strained right calf) has yet to play in the regular season and is expected to miss at least another 10 days, and guard Quincy Douby is expected to remain out with a sore right ankle. Martin's time span would mean he will miss anywhere from four to six games. More to come with updates in this blog post.
Sacbee (http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/016890.html)

This sucks! Right when were getting some chemistry going! :mad:

Gigantes4Life
11-10-2008, 08:59 PM
****. This sucks ***. Maybe I won't go to Friday's game now :(.

sacgiants1213
11-10-2008, 09:05 PM
oh ****!

wow

DerekRE_3
11-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Start Bobby Brown.

sacgiants1213
11-10-2008, 09:11 PM
donte will be gettin his minutes now....salmons needs to be the leader now and good luck to bjax while he starts in place of kevin (assuming he does)

RockinJays
11-11-2008, 02:14 AM
no martin. thats alright we got salmons. cant get enough of salmons? we got greene. its not like were not use to seeing martin getting injured or having our actual starting lineup out there each game.

sacgiants1213
11-11-2008, 02:30 AM
hes gonna be given the label 'injury prone' pretty soon if he misses more time this year....hes just so skinny and fragile

M's Fan2411
11-11-2008, 02:36 AM
Give Donte Greene playing time please! or Bobby Brown! How bout this guys...
C =Miller
PF=Hawes
SF=Thompson
SG=Salmons
PG=Beno

Kings Faithful
11-11-2008, 02:54 AM
I doubt Theus will take Mikki out of the line up so soon. He hasn't budged yet even though he wants to play the guys who will rebound (Hawes and Thompson) but he won't start them. :confused:

DerekRE_3
11-11-2008, 03:02 AM
hes gonna be given the label 'injury prone' pretty soon if he misses more time this year....hes just so skinny and fragile

I doubt it...that injury was a freak thing where he got caught in the air and landed awkwardly. That stuff can happen to anyone. The key is his knees are clean.

Purple Monkey
11-11-2008, 04:32 PM
We will be fine. Martin will be back soon. I think this is a good test for our team. We are on a bit of a roll. Now we will see if some others can step up. Now that our youngsters have felt what winning is like, I am sure they will do all they can to keep thier high. Start Hawes, Miller, Salmons, Udrich, and BB or JT. B-Jax is done. Maybe start Greene instead of Hawes and see what he can do.