PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Starting Miller/ Hawes Combo

Remmni
11-10-2008, 01:58 PM
I know everyone would like to see Thompson getting his chance too start but I believe HAwes is more prepared with a year under his belt and is playing great Basketball. We've got to get Moore out of the starting line-up and Putting the 2 Big Bodied 7 footers in would be great for our rebouding blocking and better for our Offense. Then we Bring in Thompson and Moore off the bench. What does everyone think is that the Ideal Lineup for us? HAving the vet Miller who grabs 10 boards and 6 dimes along side a firy youngster in Hawes crashing the boards and blocking shots.

DerekRE_3
11-10-2008, 02:06 PM
With Hawes playing so well, Theus should consider it. Hawes and Miller seem to work well together. I think it depends on the matchup. We will definitely see them on the floor together a lot this year, but I don't know if Theus will officially start both of them.

Catfish1314
11-10-2008, 05:51 PM
I suggested this a while back. The game before Miller came back I think.

I think it's a great idea. Miller worked very well with Vlade Divac a few years back when Webber was hurt. He's the perfect frontcourt complement for a real inside post presence (not some chump like Moore). He's got that midrange shot and his high to low post passing ability is unparalleled by anyone even near his size in the NBA. Brad put up the best numbers of his career at PF next to Vlade. In many ways, Hawes is a lot like Divac so I think it could work well against most teams.

Agent008
11-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Not a bad idea. They complement each other well and Moore would be better coming off the bench. But it also depends on who they're playing. I don't know how well it would work against teams with quicker, more athletic PFs .

Gigantes4Life
11-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Anything but Moore would be an improvement.

Purple Monkey
11-11-2008, 04:23 PM
I asked this Question like 8 months ago...
I thought it would work then, and i think it would be stellar now.. Miller's passing from the high post is the best in the league for a big man. Hawes has a very good post up game, and one hell of an outside shot. It would make a tough task for other teams to defend our cutters with both big men pulled out of the paint. It would also help our interior defense (wich is very soft) as well as our defensive rebounding. Our bench would also be very deep, Thompson, Moore, Brown, and Garcia. With a dash of Green.

I like it!!

jmtapia
11-12-2008, 01:10 AM
With Martin out it seems like they Kings will be going with

PG Udrih
SG Salmon
SF Thompson
PF Hawes
C Miller

Through out the Piston game it seems like the passing of Miller at the point with Thompson and Hawes in the middle, seemed to be the most productive package out there.

Thompson and Hawes combo seems to be growing into a good one. Also with the emergence of Hawes and JT it seems that Miller might be expendable and to some point blocking these two young hungry players.

Remmni
11-13-2008, 02:57 PM
You need veterans on every team Dont give away everyone just to get younger. Miller is a great Verteran who like to teach let him stay

DerekRE_3
11-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Yeah I think Miller is a great guy to keep around to mentor Hawes. If he can teach Hawes how to pass like him, then Hawes will be scary in the future.

Hawes could be Brad Miller, with a post game, with a better shot, and a better shotblocker.