PDA

View Full Version : The Celtics have Spurs-syndrome?

JayW_1023
11-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Has anyone noticed the media hardly seem to care about Boston? It seems being defending champs wasn't enough to get attention. They seem to be just doing about their business, going under the radar. It's like the Spurs last year.

Could it be a team really needs a flashy perimeter guy in order to grab all the media hype, like the Lakers, Cavaliers and Heat?

king4day
11-10-2008, 01:47 PM
To the media they are apparently yesterdays news.
I know last season I followed them closely cuz I wanted those guys to get a ring (if my team didn't). Now that they have, all that excitement has worn off on me, as a fan.

The media seems to be jumping more on LA because they know they are the favs to win with Bynum back and likely can make the most money off of them. Kobe draws.

superkegger
11-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Or its because at this point they don't have an interesting story line. No finals to rebound from, no big aquisition, nothing to talk about really. It won't last, they're in a big market and they're good. IF both the Lakers and Celtics keep winning, we're going to be hearing a lot more about both teams.

JordansBulls
11-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Has anyone noticed the media hardly seem to care about Boston? It seems being defending champs wasn't enough to get attention. They seem to be just doing about their business, going under the radar. It's like the Spurs last year.

Could it be a team really needs a flashy perimeter guy in order to grab all the media hype, like the Lakers, Cavaliers and Heat?

People just like to talk about what is new and who can defeat the champions. So they mention the Lakers, Hornets and Rockets nowadays. Also the Billups for AI deal is hitting the headlines now.

b_russ
11-10-2008, 04:29 PM
IF both the Lakers and Celtics keep winning, we're going to be hearing a lot more about both teams.

Really? Can they really talk any more about the lakers?

Kaptain Kanada
11-10-2008, 04:38 PM
I think everyone got tired of hearing Pierce talk this summer. There's only so many times you can hear a guy tell you how good he is before you get sick of it.

superkegger
11-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Really? Can they really talk any more about the lakers?

Yes, they can and will.

Lakersfan2483
11-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Boston seems to be getting a lot of press, especially on ESPN. In my opinion, they don't seem to be under the radar like the Spurs. I just think that it's a new season and the media likes to talk about different teams that could potentially knock off the champs.

Faneik
11-10-2008, 04:57 PM

Good. No distractions.