PDA

View Full Version : Could Raptors deal former No.1 pick Andrea Bargnani?

angelsforever
11-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Not surprising, the Raptors' perimeter starters have been outscored 143-84 over the past three
games.

And it follows that the Raptors have talked with both the Golden State Warriors and the Bobcats
about trades, according to two league sources, with an eye toward correcting that kind of
imbalance.

The Warriors are looking to move Al Harrington, and the Bobcats are looking to trade Wallace.

Each is a veteran small forward who would be an upgrade on the inconsistent Moon. Harrington
has the more attractive contract – his deal will expire in 2010. The slashing, ball-hawking
Wallace might have the more attractive game, though the five years and nearly $50-million (U.S.)
he has left on his contract comes with more risk, particularly given Wallace's concussion history.
The real sticking point is that the player who clubs ask about is inevitably Bargnani, whom
Colangelo remains bullish on and who is showing signs of putting last season's sophomore
pratfall behind him.

But one might guess that Colangelo's belief idoesn't match Mitchell's win-now urgency.

Globe and Mail (http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081109.rapanalysis10/GSStory/GlobeSportsBasketball/home?cid=al_gam_mostview)

NYstateofMinD
11-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Not surprising, the Raptors' perimeter starters have been outscored 143-84 over the past three games. And it follows that the Raptors have talked with both the Golden State Warriors and the Bobcats about trades, according to two league sources, with an eye toward correcting that kind of imbalance. The Warriors are looking to move Al Harrington, and the Bobcats are looking to trade Gerald Wallace. Each is a veteran small forward who would be an upgrade on the inconsistent Moon. Harrington has the more attractive contract - his deal will expire in 2010. The slashing, ball-hawking Wallace might have the more attractive game, though the five years and nearly $50-million (U.S.) he has left on his contract comes with more risk, particularly given Wallace's concussion history. The real sticking point is that the player who clubs ask about is inevitably Andrea Bargnani, whom Colangelo remains bullish on and who is showing signs of putting last season's sophomore pratfall behind him. But one might guess that Colangelo's belief in the former No. 1 draft pick's long-term potential doesn't match Mitchell's win-now urgency.

Wheres the link to this? I'd rather have Wallace, but why would Larry Brown want Bragnani? He's soft and that doesn't fit his style.

marvILLous
11-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Wheres the link to this? I'd rather have Wallace, but why would Larry Brown want Bragnani? He's soft and that doesn't fit his style.

hoopshype.

article by the toronto globe & mail

JayW_1023
11-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Willie Green would be a perfect piece to trade for...the Sixers will get some size and shooting (they need a shooter badly), while the Raps will get that aggressive slasher they need.

North Yorker
11-10-2008, 12:51 PM
I wouldnt trade Bargs for Harrington. He's not the type of player that would put a team over the top.

Wallace would perfectly fit in the Raps line-up, but if one of the starters goes down we're ****ed.

ink
11-10-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't see this happening. Colangelo didn't bring in JO as a long term solution. They need Bargnani to develop into the big Colangelo hoped he'd be. The Raptors are between a rock and a hard place in terms of tradable assets and needs on the wings.

North Yorker
11-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Willie Green would be a perfect piece to trade for...the Sixers will get some size and shooting (they need a shooter badly), while the Raps will get that aggressive slasher they need.

perfect for the 76'ers?Yes

crap for the Raps.

JayW_1023
11-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Green is a slasher that looks to draw the foul...the Raps still miss a player like that. You guys seem to really overvalue Bargnani because he was the number one pick.

The Raps have their stars set in Jose, Bosh and JO...a slashing scorer like Green would really fit in.

North Yorker
11-10-2008, 12:55 PM
I don't see this happening. Colangelo didn't bring in JO as a long term solution. The Raptors are between a rock and a hard place in terms of tradable assets and needs on the wings.

If we still had Delfino then I would pull the trigger on the trade. It's just that our bench scoring is half of what it was last year and plus it would force Kris Humphries into big time mins by rotating with JO and CB4

bidi_nash
11-10-2008, 12:57 PM
i would like to get wallace or Harrington hopefully this isn't just a rumor

North Yorker
11-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Green is a slasher that looks to draw the foul...the Raps still miss a player like that. You guys seem to really overvalue Bargnani because he was the number one pick.

The Raps have their stars set in Jose, Bosh and JO...a slashing scorer like Green would really fit in.

If there was any chance of that happening you would have to add in one of your young bigs. Because if not than there is nothing behind Bosh and JO coming off the bench. And plus Willie Green isnt the type of player that gets a team over the hump.

JayW_1023
11-10-2008, 12:59 PM
I don't think you can get Wallace or Harrington in a direct swap...the Raps will have to give up more than just Bargnani.

They need to trade Andrea for some guys who fill a certain need.

JermanJaysFan
11-10-2008, 01:00 PM

We value Bargnani highly because he has the chance to be an incredibly special player in this league. Willie Green, to put it shortly, isn't and doesn't.

JayW_1023
11-10-2008, 01:05 PM
If they can package Bargnani and Joey Graham for someone like Wallace that'll be something...because I don't think the Bobcats will part with their best player unless they can get an immediate differencemaker in return. Brown and MJ really want to win now.

The Raptors need rebounding and some kind of aggressive slasher/scorer off the bench.

marvILLous
11-10-2008, 01:11 PM
wow bargnani for willie green? green is garbage, most sixers fans hate him too. never ever

kobe>lebron
11-10-2008, 01:13 PM
trade luke, mihm and a second for him

marvILLous
11-10-2008, 01:14 PM

doesn't really make any sense for the raptors. might as well keep him

North Yorker
11-10-2008, 01:15 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~2759~1026~1828~3460&teams=20~30~28~30~30&te=&cash=

Just came up with this quickly. Maybe Charlotte gets a pick too?

Master Mind
11-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Bargnani + Moon for Marion?

king4day
11-10-2008, 01:17 PM

Yes but what do the Raptors get? ;)

29$JerZ
11-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Green for Bargnani is horrible for the Raptors.

king4day
11-10-2008, 01:19 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~2759~1026~1828~3460&teams=20~30~28~30~30&te=&cash=

Just came up with this quickly. Maybe Charlotte gets a pick too?

Bobcats aren't going to deal, arguably their most popular player and probably best defender, for some contracts. They need to get a star in return or else they are taking a major step back.

The best trades are the ones that neither team felt they won. This deal, the Sixers and Raptors rape.

torontosports10
11-10-2008, 01:21 PM
10 ppg
4.5 rpg
2 bpg
56% from the field
58% from 3 pts
83% FT
24 mins a game

He is doing a great job this year.. he is shooting great and opening up the floor for Bosh.. Look at his %'s

To trade him for.. Willie Green is an absolute joke.. I dont want to see him moved for Harrington or G-Force either. I much rather keep him to play Center when JO gets traded next year or walks as a FA in 2010 and we have a boat load of Cap Space.

JayW_1023
11-10-2008, 01:21 PM
I don't know...sometimes a role player who provides a different dimension can make a difference. The Raps have enough shooters as it is.

king4day
11-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Bargnani + Moon for Marion?

Contracts don't come close, but the idea is right. Though, I don't think Raps do that deal without confirmation they can resign Marion.

I think if the Heat are out of it by the deadline, then they might consider something like this. MIGHT.

Bargnani hasn't done anything to warrant a big contract so it wouldn't cost Miami much at all to resign him (compared to Marion).

The CrucifiXioN
11-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Bargnani hasn't done anything to warrant a big contract so it wouldn't cost Miami much at all to resign him (compared to Marion).
I'm not so sure about that. If Marion continues to play the way he's been playing so far, then I don't think he'll get a very big contract either.

king4day
11-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm not so sure about that. If Marion continues to play the way he's been playing so far, then I don't think he'll get a very big contract either.

I figure if he gets dealt this year (maybe for Harrington or something) and plays in a fast system again, he may build his value back up.

I hope the experts are looking at the Shaq trade a little closer and realizing why it was done.

Still a good defender, but not a 15-20 million dollar player.

superkegger
11-10-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't know if the contracts work off hand, and they probably don't. but why not bargs to GSW, Harrington to Charlotte and Gerald to toronto....bargs would fit Nellie's style, charlotte gets a versatile big with a contract that runs out sooner, and toronto gets their slasher....

tru
11-10-2008, 02:27 PM
wallace for bargnani??? LMAO thats the dumbest **** i ever heard, lets say wallace is an 85 then bargnani is like a 74 its not even kinda fair, im a bulls fan so im not siding with wallace for any reason other than he's waaaaaaaaay better than (bargnani????) lol the bobcats could probably get odom for wallce, NOBODY WANTS BARGNANI, wait.......the thunder might??? but other than that you might as well just trade him for some shoelaces

Master Mind
11-10-2008, 02:33 PM
I don't know if the contracts work off hand, and they probably don't. but why not bargs to GSW, Harrington to Charlotte and Gerald to toronto....bargs would fit Nellie's style, charlotte gets a versatile big with a contract that runs out sooner, and toronto gets their slasher....

Miami might want to get into that

mjt20mik
11-10-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm hoping for Al Harrington.

Raptors could afford to trade
Jason Kapono + Joey Graham/Kris Humpries + 1st Rounder for him

Dol-Fan
11-10-2008, 02:38 PM
wallace for bargnani??? LMAO thats the dumbest **** i ever heard, lets say wallace is an 85 then bargnani is like a 74 its not even kinda fair, im a bulls fan so im not siding with wallace for any reason other than he's waaaaaaaaay better than (bargnani????) lol the bobcats could probably get odom for wallce, NOBODY WANTS BARGNANI, wait.......the thunder might??? but other than that you might as well just trade him for some shoelaces

the Thunder? OK I'll trade Bargs for Jeff Green.

I don't think BC will sacrifice future cap flexibility on an injury prone Wallace, especially not for his former #1 pick. Harrington sucks on D (which is what we need...) and doesn't even play to his strengths. No thank you to Harrington. Wallace, I would do but I don't know about BC.

Nexus
11-10-2008, 02:41 PM

LOL. It wouldn't be Wallace for Bargs straight up. Moon would likely be involved as well, since Moon's main role under Mitchell is to play athletic defence against the Dengs of the league...something Wallace can do better. Bargs was 18-9 with three blocks yesterday, I think some teams are seeing why he went #1. He may be a "74", but his ceiling must just be higher than Wallace's value right now (not saying he's likely to reach it, however). It's called potential, something your video game doesn't account for.

But assuming Bargnani and Moon:

Calderon/Ukic/Solomon
Parker/Adams
Wallace/Kapono/Graham
Bosh/Hump
O'Neal/Jawai

I LOVE the look of that starting five. Such a balance of skills with great defence. What happens if O'Neal goes down though? Jawai starts? No thanks. It thins out our bench even further.

torontosports10
11-10-2008, 03:51 PM

You my friend most likely have a basketball IQ of 10.

Rapthug
11-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Trading Bargs in any of these scenarios just isn't worth it. G-Force makes way to much money and is injury prone. I would take him for Kapono and Hump...not Bargs though. Al Harrington just likes to shot jumpers.....we got more than enough of those guys already.

Bargs upside is too great to give away unless you are getting an All-Star in return. His defence has come along way this year and his only problem on offense is that Sam doesn't feature him enough. Bargs is going to be a 7 foot match up nightmare. I see him being a 20 plus scorer (capable of having 40 point nights), 6-7 boards (not great but he's a perimeter guy), 5-6 dimes, 3-4 threes, and a 1.5 block guy. He looks like a dope but the guy can flat out shot.

Ragun
11-10-2008, 04:06 PM

are you dumb? less than that.

Ph1lly Diehard
11-10-2008, 04:09 PM
What about if we just give you guys Willie Green for Bargnani's game used waterbottle?

torontosports10
11-10-2008, 04:24 PM
i dono some ppl say Willie Green is the piece that will push us over the top.. maybe Bosh for him?

pebloemer
11-10-2008, 04:32 PM

Wow....

Current skill rating of a player is not the only factor in deciding on trades. Potential, current skill, age, contract amount, contract length, position, chemistry, injury history, etc etc.

Secondly, have you even payed any attention to Bargnani's career or are you running your mouth off based on the odd time you have seen him play?Because anyone who has seen him play regularly would have to admit that he has a very special skill set and if you have been paying attention he has been hitting his stride quite nicely this season. You can go look at his stats if you like, but the stat sheets don't really tell the story. You say nobody wants Bargnani, but I bet every GM sees a lot more value in him than you do. I actually would not want to trade Bargnani for Wallace straight up from a Raptors stance based on all the factors involved. I won't spell it all out for you (unless I already have), but you can go through and look at all those things yourself if you feel so inclined.

pebloemer
11-10-2008, 04:32 PM
i dono some ppl say Willie Green is the piece that will push us over the top.. maybe Bosh for him?

Philly is getting robbed, we should throw in Jose as well.

mjt20mik
11-10-2008, 04:39 PM
are you dumb? less than that.

LOL.

What are you talking about Ragun?
Using Nba live 09/ Nba 2k9 is clearly an effective way of judging the effectiveness of players.

C'mon man! In Nba 09 I'm rated 99, mvp of the league, and a 2 time champion going for my third. That is also true is real life. :rolleyes:

NJrockPD
11-10-2008, 04:40 PM
I suggested this a few weeks ago, but I was wondering what raptors fans thought of a Bargnani for Ben Gordon trade.

BG would help your perimeter scoring and Bargnani would give the bulls some size and some points from a big. The bulls have a logjam of guards so i think it would benifit both teams.

What do you guys think?

Hellcrooner
11-10-2008, 04:42 PM
as Ukic is not very good and they need some wing...... Sergio Rodriguez + Outlow for Bargnani.

superkegger
11-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Miami might want to get into that

with what? marion or dorrel wright? please.

pebloemer
11-10-2008, 04:58 PM
as Ukic is not very good and they need some wing...... Sergio Rodriguez + Outlow for Bargnani.

The problem with trading Bargnani for a wing is that we have no front court depth beyond him. Unless we take back a capable back up big man in the deal, we are left with Humphries and Jawai as our two subs. Jawai hasn't been cleared to practice all season and Humphries is very limited in what he can do for the team. As previously mentioned, the Raptors are caught between a rock and hard place with the wing issues, lack of depth and owner who won't pass the tax threshold which would be the only way to get another player as we are just under it. While I think Sergio and Outlaw would both look great as Raptors, I don't see it as possible without a big man coming back this way.

marvILLous
11-10-2008, 05:11 PM
I suggested this a few weeks ago, but I was wondering what raptors fans thought of a Bargnani for Ben Gordon trade.

BG would help your perimeter scoring and Bargnani would give the bulls some size and some points from a big. The bulls have a logjam of guards so i think it would benifit both teams.

What do you guys think?

nah. gordon is a nice scorer but we'll be too undersized and our perimeter defense will get killed.

_Sn1P3r_
11-10-2008, 05:24 PM
nah. gordon is a nice scorer but we'll be too undersized and our perimeter defense will get killed.

Yeah I agree. We're looking to improve our perimeter D as well. I'd love G-Wall here. I think his game could help us and help contain the perimeter more. Also, with a PG like Calderon, he should get some good lucks and maybe the occasional alley-oop.

PS I love his blocks. :P

ShaunRiching9
11-10-2008, 05:31 PM

raps dont want willie there gonna give Bargs another chance to prove himself this year, and convince them he is a future Star

IndyRealist
11-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Wow....

Current skill rating of a player is not the only factor in deciding on trades. Potential, current skill, age, contract amount, contract length, position, chemistry, injury history, etc etc.

Secondly, have you even payed any attention to Bargnani's career or are you running your mouth off based on the odd time you have seen him play?Because anyone who has seen him play regularly would have to admit that he has a very special skill set and if you have been paying attention he has been hitting his stride quite nicely this season. You can go look at his stats if you like, but the stat sheets don't really tell the story. You say nobody wants Bargnani, but I bet every GM sees a lot more value in him than you do. I actually would not want to trade Bargnani for Wallace straight up from a Raptors stance based on all the factors involved. I won't spell it all out for you (unless I already have), but you can go through and look at all those things yourself if you feel so inclined.

:clap:
And I don't even like Bargs. You gotta love video game (or fantasy league) analysis of players. They have absolutely no pertinence in real life.

tru
11-10-2008, 06:40 PM

oh great here we go again, another fan who wont admit the players on his team suck.............bosh and calderon are the only players worth mentioning from toronto, everyone else can be traded for a cheeseburger.....bargnani is nowhere near wallace, sorry little boy

mjt20mik
11-10-2008, 06:43 PM
oh great here we go again, another fan who wont admit the players on his team suck.............bosh and calderon are the only players worth mentioning from toronto, everyone else can be traded for a cheeseburger.....bargnani is nowhere near wallace, sorry little boy

I highly doubt that if this trade does go through, it would be a one for one deal. It will be more along the lines of Bargnani with say another kicker and a pick plus cash.

And you really must have more facts to support your "theories" on whether teams suck or not. Cause by my reckoning, the Raptors are doing quite well in the Eastern Conference.

North Yorker
11-10-2008, 06:49 PM

Go back to playing your ps2 4th grader. Make sure you have done your homework first though.

tru
11-10-2008, 06:49 PM
I highly doubt that if this trade does go through, it would be a one for one deal. It will be more along the lines of Bargnani with say another kicker and a pick plus cash.

And you really must have more facts to support your "theories" on whether teams suck or not. Cause by my reckoning, the Raptors are doing quite well in the Eastern Conference.

yea they are doing well, because they got bosh and calderon, why is cleveland doing good? cuz they got crybaby james, what the hell is your point?

SensandRaps
11-10-2008, 07:03 PM

wait this comming from a teams fan thats begging to get a big:p wow dude stfu ur such a loser. at least the raps are gonna be worth mentioning this year. and bosh and calderon are the only ones mentioning i think u forgot about JO, Bargani-former number 1 pick and Kapono-3 point champion whos worth mentioning on the bulls deng and rose thats all i could think of:p look at your team b4 u bash other teams you little ****:mad:

mjt20mik
11-10-2008, 07:17 PM
yea they are doing well, because they got bosh and calderon, why is cleveland doing good? cuz they got crybaby james, what the hell is your point?

I suppose Ilgauskas, Wallace, Williams, Szczerbiak are "crap" in your mind too?

My point is plain and simple..

What the heck are you smoking?

tru
11-10-2008, 07:23 PM
I suppose Ilgauskas, Wallace, Williams, Szczerbiak are "crap" in your mind too?

My point is plain and simple..

What the heck are you smoking?

who on the raptors are you comparing to ilgauskas? wallace? williams?
illgauskus been to the all-star game, wallace is 3 time defensive poy, and williams just put up about 20 a game last year, what are you smokin??? sorry that bar bosh and calderon everybody on the raptors sucks, dont get mad at me get mad at the gm..............oh yea dont ever ever ever ever ever compare "toronto" and boston again, it makes you seem stupid

Lakers4ItAll
11-10-2008, 07:23 PM
The kid is a bust

mjt20mik
11-10-2008, 07:28 PM
illgauskus been to the all-star game, wallace is 3 time defensive poy, and williams just put up about 20 a game last year, what are you smokin??? sorry that bar bosh and calderon everybody on the raptors sucks, dont get mad at me get mad at the gm..............oh yea dont ever ever ever ever ever compare "toronto" and boston again, it makes you seem stupid

Do you listen to yourself when you talk?
All I simply said was that you called everyone on the Cavs "chums" except for Bron Bron. Need some refreshing?

So maybe if you read through your post, and thoroughly think it out. Then maybe come back to me?

rickyk13
11-10-2008, 07:29 PM
whoever pulled out video games stats is by far the worst sports fan i have ever witnessed on this site and they need to be banned

maybe instead of just watching the odd hilights show watch a game and look at other things than just dunks and ppg

potential wise bargs wins
wallace is injury prone
wallace has a filthy over paid contract because realistically jamario moon is the same player just not as developed yet
so im not sure why the raps would want him
and the only reason i could see the raps getting harrington is cause he lights us up every time we play the guy but im not serious about that move because im not playin nba streets right now

what a chote

North Yorker
11-10-2008, 07:29 PM

The only comparison that you probably know between the two teams are their ratings in your video game.

Oh yea, btw, excellent use of quotation marks there. What was your english mark on your report card?

mjt20mik
11-10-2008, 07:31 PM
And you notice that you went from saying Bosh and Calderon were good, to saying that both Bosh and Calderon as well as everyone on the Raptors suck?

Maybe if you stick to a point, your stuff might be more credible. So never ever ever ever ever talk before you actually think about what your saying?
K?
:D

rickyk13
11-10-2008, 07:34 PM
and Z is quite possibly the slowest nba player although he does serve a purpose on your team
plus i wouldnt pay wallace 2million a year to score me 2 points and grab me 8 boards a game when im pretty sure even shawn bradley could do that
so for us raps fans that know our 3 is the weakest point and our back up 1 needs some help dont try and make your team out to be an all star squad

tru
11-10-2008, 07:37 PM
whoever pulled out video games stats is by far the worst sports fan i have ever witnessed on this site and they need to be banned

maybe instead of just watching the odd hilights show watch a game and look at other things than just dunks and ppg

potential wise bargs wins
wallace is injury prone
wallace has a filthy over paid contract because realistically jamario moon is the same player just not as developed yet
so im not sure why the raps would want him
and the only reason i could see the raps getting harrington is cause he lights us up every time we play the guy but im not serious about that move because im not playin nba streets right now

what a chote

alright well if wallce is injury-prone
then bargnani is sucking-prone..................
the dude sucks, sorry if i hurt your little feelings................you guys kind of remind me of a dad who sticks up for his daughter even though he's knows she's ugly, yall can say bargnani is good 100000000000 times but when the sun sets he will still suck, SORRY! and moon is nowhere near wallace, he's more like a tyrus thomas, keep it up though dude, your a good fan lol

tru
11-10-2008, 07:40 PM
And you notice that you went from saying Bosh and Calderon were good, to saying that both Bosh and Calderon as well as everyone on the Raptors suck?

Maybe if you stick to a point, your stuff might be more credible. So never ever ever ever ever talk before you actually think about what your saying?
K?
:D

learn how to read little boy............i said "BAR" bosh and calderon, do you know what that means little boy, it means EXCLUDING, i will no longer argue with you for you are too stupid

mjt20mik
11-10-2008, 07:43 PM
learn how to read little boy............i said "BAR" bosh and calderon, do you know what that means little boy, it means EXCLUDING, i will no longer argue with you for you are too stupid

Ahahaha.

Ok, I'm man enough to take that. It's just that with your previous slop for writing, and then you using "bar", I quickly assumed you didn't have much of a vocabulary to have any other meaning for bar than Barganani. So you got me there. Good job there champ. :clap:

BRADfromOZ
11-10-2008, 07:48 PM
:horse: This could have been a good thread.

tru
11-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Ahahaha.

Ok, I'm man enough to take that. It's just that with your previous slop for writing, and then you using "bar", I quickly assumed you didn't have much of a vocabulary to have any other meaning for bar than Barganani. So you got me there. Good job there champ. :clap:

right on man, **** lets just say that "most" of the players from the raptors and bulls suck excluding(bosh,calderon,JO,rose,deng,gordon) lets just hope we both make the playoffs and if not, its really not a bad thing because then we could get into the lottery and add to our young teams, but hey, no pun intended, sports just get me a little amped, alright good luck to your raptors, maybe we'll see you in june :smoking:

mjt20mik
11-10-2008, 07:57 PM
right on man, **** lets just say that "most" of the players from the raptors and bulls suck excluding(bosh,calderon,JO,rose,deng,gordon) lets just hope we both make the playoffs and if not, its really not a bad thing because then we could get into the lottery and add to our young teams, but hey, no pun intended, sports just get me a little amped, alright good luck to your raptors, maybe we'll see you in june :smoking:

LOL.. this was a pretty heated argument.

I think both teams have a chance of doing well in the East (it's the East after all). But I still think both teams have a decent nucleus. It's just that both teams are missing that one piece, that will put them on the top.

tru
11-10-2008, 09:45 PM
LOL.. this was a pretty heated argument.

I think both teams have a chance of doing well in the East (it's the East after all). But I still think both teams have a decent nucleus. It's just that both teams are missing that one piece, that will put them on the top.

EXACTLY......it is my belief that the raptors are just missing premier sg or sf (a rashard lewis or shawn marion type player) and the bulls are just missing a big man that can score night in and night out(a chris bosh or carlos boozer type player) but both squads are pretty young and are both going up instaed of down (pistons and spurs for example are better than us now but they're going down) and yea i was being hard on bargnani, the man doesnt suck, he just hasnt produced like you'd want a number 1 pick to produce YET, hell i'd put my money on bargnani before thomas or noah

SAVAGE CLAW
11-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Adam Morrison? or Jr Reddick? or Bellinelli?

Wing bust for Inside Bust rookie salarie scales to match ok, does it not make sense?

tru
11-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Adam Morrison? or Jr Reddick? or Bellinelli?

Wing bust for Inside Bust rookie salarie scales to match ok, does it not make sense?

um.....no

Tulanehockey
11-11-2008, 03:46 AM
Hey, huge Bulls fan here, hoping to take the side of sanity...

Tru, if Bargnani sucks, then so do Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah.

However, I would actually love to have Bargnani on our team.

Drew Gooden for Bargnani and Ukic works for both teams.

Gooden has a 7 million expiring contract this year and fills both back-up big man spots.
Bargnani, Noah, and TT could morph into a sick front-court rotation with DRose feeding them the ball, and Ukic provides depth at PG due to Kirk's thumb-puss.

I could also see Nocioni for Bargnani and Ukic, however I doubt the Raptors would want a SF/PF with 5 years and 40 million left, but he is literally everything Jason Kapono isn't.

Hellcrooner
11-11-2008, 03:58 AM
^How does it work for the Raps? I mean The problem with basrg sis he is nto really a three, but still can play some SF, Gooden CANT.

Tulanehockey
11-11-2008, 04:01 AM
Well, Crooner, would the Raps be more interested in Nocioni?

Hellcrooner
11-11-2008, 04:08 AM
mmm he can shot threes so i think so, but do salaries match?

Tulanehockey
11-11-2008, 04:11 AM
yeah Nocioni for Bargnani and Ukic works. However, if I were the Raptors I would take Gooden's expiring over Nocioni's 4 years at 8 million.

pebloemer
11-11-2008, 09:51 AM
alright well if wallce is injury-prone
then bargnani is sucking-prone..................
the dude sucks, sorry if i hurt your little feelings................you guys kind of remind me of a dad who sticks up for his daughter even though he's knows she's ugly, yall can say bargnani is good 100000000000 times but when the sun sets he will still suck, SORRY! and moon is nowhere near wallace, he's more like a tyrus thomas, keep it up though dude, your a good fan lol

Just to let you know, over the summer, over the PSD Raptors forum, Barganani was voted least favorite Raptor among the PSD Raptors fans. So I am not sure your perception of us Raptor's fans defending "our daughter" is an accurate depiction of how we feel about him.

Perhaps the reason why we are debating so strongly is the absurdity of some of your posts.

"NOBODY WANTS BARGNANI, wait.......the thunder might??? but other than that you might as well just trade him for some shoelaces"

Or perhaps you are getting a lot of attention because you "flip-flop" on your point where suddenly you aren't even arguing anymore just trying to bait and insult people. After saying that all Raptor's have is Bosh and Calderon and that is why they are doing well in the East, you state that the only reason Cleveland is doing well in the East is because of LeBron. You are saying that the Raptor's supporting cast sucks and implying the same about Cleveland. You follow that by defending Cleveland's supporting cast....

Then you back up on your original point altogether and state:

"yea i was being hard on bargnani, the man doesnt suck, he just hasnt produced like you'd want a number 1 pick to produce YET, hell i'd put my money on bargnani before thomas or noah"

So out of curiosity, what is your point in all this? I am not even sure what you are arguing anymore.

Tulanehockey
11-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Pebloemer,

Who on the Bulls would fit with the Raptors? Watching Calderon find and feed Bargnani has made me wonder what Rose and Andrea could do if they were given quality minutes together. Vinny Del Negro continues to give Tyrus Thomas quality minutes, and he is much worse than Bargs, I think he would do the same with all three of them, Deng and Hughes or Gordon.

tru
11-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Just to let you know, over the summer, over the PSD Raptors forum, Barganani was voted least favorite Raptor among the PSD Raptors fans. So I am not sure your perception of us Raptor's fans defending "our daughter" is an accurate depiction of how we feel about him.

Perhaps the reason why we are debating so strongly is the absurdity of some of your posts.

"NOBODY WANTS BARGNANI, wait.......the thunder might??? but other than that you might as well just trade him for some shoelaces"

Or perhaps you are getting a lot of attention because you "flip-flop" on your point where suddenly you aren't even arguing anymore just trying to bait and insult people. After saying that all Raptor's have is Bosh and Calderon and that is why they are doing well in the East, you state that the only reason Cleveland is doing well in the East is because of LeBron. You are saying that the Raptor's supporting cast sucks and implying the same about Cleveland. You follow that by defending Cleveland's supporting cast....

Then you back up on your original point altogether and state:

"yea i was being hard on bargnani, the man doesnt suck, he just hasnt produced like you'd want a number 1 pick to produce YET, hell i'd put my money on bargnani before thomas or noah"

So out of curiosity, what is your point in all this? I am not even sure what you are arguing anymore.

1. excluding bosh and calderon, nobody on toronto will ever be an all-star for the rest of their careers

2. james aint that good, he has good teammates but he's nothing but a one-man show thats why they'll never win it all, bosh is much more valuable to a TEAM than lebron.(james is like iverson, he's great but he makes people around him suck, its the opposite with bosh.

3. tyrus and noah suck even worse than barganani, thats not saying much for bargnani

4. get off my nuts you cyber nerd

tru
11-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Hey, huge Bulls fan here, hoping to take the side of sanity...

Tru, if Bargnani sucks, then so do Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah.

However, I would actually love to have Bargnani on our team.

Drew Gooden for Bargnani and Ukic works for both teams.

Gooden has a 7 million expiring contract this year and fills both back-up big man spots.
Bargnani, Noah, and TT could morph into a sick front-court rotation with DRose feeding them the ball, and Ukic provides depth at PG due to Kirk's thumb-puss.

I could also see Nocioni for Bargnani and Ukic, however I doubt the Raptors would want a SF/PF with 5 years and 40 million left, but he is literally everything Jason Kapono isn't.

thats exactly what i said little boy

Hawkeye15
11-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Everyone knew Bargs would be a project. I am not sure I would give up on him quite yet. He has the skill set to be a poor mans Dirk. Now, I don't think he will be at Dirk's level, but a weaker version of that is possible. 16-6 type with great range who will age well because of height and shooting ability. I wouldn't give up on him yet is all I'm saying.

Tulanehockey
11-12-2008, 04:54 AM
If you were the Raptors, and you considered that the former number one overall pick in the draft (that was your very first pick as a GM) could only BECOME a POOR MAN'S DIRK, then you would TRADE HIM NOW.

Coangelo would realize he won't help them win within the Chris Bosh/ Jermaine O'Neal era of the next two years. Who honestly knows how long Jose Calderon will actually play at this level or pace.

If I were John Paxson, I would trade Nocioni and whatever picks they wanted for Bargnani and Ukic for a back-up point and a scoring big man. Paxson would get another young big who expires in 2010, were he to not work out, and sheds him of a hefty contract for a guy who he had no place for. If Bargnani, teamed with Luol Deng, Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, and Tyrus Thomas, could morph into a Hawks-on-steroids team.

Coangelo, were I him, I would accept this trade with a 1st in 2009 and right to swap picks in 2010. I would get a win now guy who provides a lot of things my team could use an infusion with: defense, hustle, three point shooting, and help at the 3 & 4; all in ONE GUY. Plus, if it doesn't make us win I'll have extra picks and options for the future.