PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather build a franchise around???

DreamShaker
11-10-2008, 02:45 AM
Rank these guys and their "franchise player" possibilities...

Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose
OJ Mayo
Rudy Gay
Brandon Roy
Joe Johnson
Michael Beasley
Danny Granger
Andrew Bynum
Chris Bosh
Deron Williams
Al Jefferson

JermanJaysFan
11-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Deron Williams
Chris Bosh
Al Jefferson
Brandon Roy
Joe Johnson
Danny Granger
Kevin Durant
Andrew Bynum
Michael Beasley
Derrick Rose
Rudy Gay
OJ Mayo

Here's my general rules. Since all of them are young, I'll take the proven players over the unproven. I will take points and bigs over wings. I like Roy because he seems to have the attitude and instinct to lead a team, instead of potentially more talented, less attitude oriented guys like Beasley.

Sixerlover
11-10-2008, 03:07 AM
Al Jefferson
Chris Bosh
Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Brandon Roy
Andrew Bynum
Derrick Rose
Kevin Durant
Danny Granger
Michael Beasley
Rudy Gay
OJ Mayo

Jefferson just has that "it" factor to me

bigmac8675
11-10-2008, 03:11 AM
Deron Williams or Chris Bosh as my first two choices.

lakersrock
11-10-2008, 03:43 AM
Bosh has proven he can't lead a team to playoff victories, he's gone.
Al Jefferson is good, but I don't see franchise good in him.
Rudy Gay won't even be the franchise guy on his own team...done.
Johnson is the oldest on the list and is gone.
While Granger is a beast, I don't see him as franchise either.
Beasley is gonna be like Boozer. Great player....not a leader.
Mayo looks like he is gonna be bad, but it's too early to take him.

Now I'm down to the list I wouldn't want to miss out on.

Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose
Brandon Roy
Andrew Bynum
Deron Williams

Kevin Durant has all the inside and outside skills to win by himself. He proved it in college and when he gains a little bit more weight, he's going to be a LeBron-type without the physical power, but with a very sweet outside shot.

Derrick Rose has looked awesome on a not very good team with a brand new coach. If he switched places with say Chris Paul, I think he would be close to 20 PPG and 10 APG.

Brandon Roy showed his amazingness by that shot he hit against Houston. He really has all the skills to be a dominant player, but he also has grown as a leader. Given the right players, he can definately lead a team into the playoffs.

Andrew Bynum will get me mouthed on here, but outside of Dwight, no big man can touch his amazing potential. He's still raw and working on his offense, but he is managing 8-9-3 on a loaded Lakers team. If he's back up to 13-10-3 by the All-Star break, there is no reason to keep him off this list. Big men are hard to come by and having this much potential, this young, earns him the spot.

Deron Williams is the best in the list easily. He defends, passes, scores, shoots, leads, everything. I honestly don't see how anyone in the list can even come close to making an argument against him being #1 in it. The only reason he isn't the best PG in the NBA is because of Mr. Paul. (...and to be fair, he's already in waiting to become one of the best PG ever.)

Hellcrooner
11-10-2008, 04:04 AM
BIG YES TO: Bosh, Deron.

JURY IS OUT ON: Bynum (lets see how knees respond) Roy (im not liking his selfish game lately and im seeing aldrige as a better alternativ).

Big NO to : OJ and GAY, just check their numbers today, very bnad shooting and a lot of ballhoggign, that leads NOWHERE ( mmm fishy Marc scores 27 and in teh following three games he only receives the ball to shoot 3 times a game.....Jealousy form this two? :()

Not enough data: ROse , Beasely

marvILLous
11-10-2008, 04:36 AM

Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose
Brandon Roy
Andrew Bynum
Deron Williams

Kevin Durant has all the inside and outside skills to win by himself. He proved it in college and when he gains a little bit more weight, he's going to be a LeBron-type without the physical power, but with a very sweet outside shot.

Derrick Rose has looked awesome on a not very good team with a brand new coach. If he switched places with say Chris Paul, I think he would be close to 20 PPG and 10 APG.

Brandon Roy showed his amazingness by that shot he hit against Houston. He really has all the skills to be a dominant player, but he also has grown as a leader. Given the right players, he can definately lead a team into the playoffs.

Andrew Bynum will get me mouthed on here, but outside of Dwight, no big man can touch his amazing potential. He's still raw and working on his offense, but he is managing 8-9-3 on a loaded Lakers team. If he's back up to 13-10-3 by the All-Star break, there is no reason to keep him off this list. Big men are hard to come by and having this much potential, this young, earns him the spot.

Deron Williams is the best in the list easily. He defends, passes, scores, shoots, leads, everything. I honestly don't see how anyone in the list can even come close to making an argument against him being #1 in it. The only reason he isn't the best PG in the NBA is because of Mr. Paul. (...and to be fair, he's already in waiting to become one of the best PG ever.)

so a 23/24 yr old who leads a DECENT team ALONE to the playoffs 2 years in a row is automatically a playoff bust? he's only 24 years old.. let him lead a GOOD team to the playoffs and let's see how it goes..

wow...

JJ81
11-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Rank these guys and their "franchise player" possibilities...

Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose
OJ Mayo
Rudy Gay
Brandon Roy
Joe Johnson
Michael Beasley
Danny Granger
Andrew Bynum
Chris Bosh
Deron Williams
Al Jefferson

Deron Williams
Al Jefferson
Andrew Bynum
Chris Bosh

3 of them are proven valuable players (unlike the others) and I have faith in Bynum.:clap:

kobe>lebron
11-10-2008, 12:53 PM
andrew bynum and oj mayo

but if i wanted a starting five it would be

C-bynum

pf-bosh

sf-kevin durant

sg-oj mayo

pg- u cant go wrong either way with rose or williams but right now i'll take williams

thesparky33
11-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Al Jefferson
Chris Bosh
Deron Williams
Brandon Roy
Derrick Rose
Andrew Bynum
Kevin Durant
Michael Beasley
OJ Mayo
Danny Granger
Rudy Gay
Joe Johnson

lovingTO
11-10-2008, 02:18 PM
People who have a player like Bynum above bosh or d-will or several other players on this list are on drugs.

goldblue21
11-10-2008, 02:36 PM
If I had to choose oh most def have to go with Bynum. Before he got injured last season he was putting up amazing numbers avg a double double a game. He is one of the younger guys on the list also making him easier to build a team around. I would have to say go with him and Danny Granger just cuz I like how they play and I like there potential.

mjt20mik
11-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Bosh is playing just beastly now!

But if anything it would be close between Bosh and D.will

Draco
11-10-2008, 03:24 PM
These guys are already established so I'll rank them separately.
Deron Williams (It's a guards league)
Chris Bosh
Al Jefferson
Joe Johnson

Ranking the newer guys:
Derrick Rose
Kevin Durant

After those two, I have equal preference for these guys:
Andrew Bynum (don't know much about him.. just seems like he's been given a lot of time already)
Michael Beasley

I consider these guys talented second options rather than franchise players:
Brandon Roy
OJ Mayo (maybe he'll surprise me..)
Rudy Gay

Dont know much about:
Danny Granger

29$JerZ
11-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Al Jefferson
Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose
Deron Williams
Brandon Roy
Joe Johnson
Chris Bosh
Danny Granger
Rudy Gay
Andrew Bynum
OJ Mayo
Michael Beasley

mjt20mik
11-10-2008, 03:28 PM
These guys are already established so I'll rank them separately.
Deron Williams (It's a guards league)
Chris Bosh
Al Jefferson
Joe Johnson

Quite frankly, those four players shouldn't even be doubted, when thinking of franchise players. Each of those players are definitely their go to guys for their respective teams.

BlondeBomber41
11-10-2008, 03:40 PM

Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose
Brandon Roy
Andrew Bynum
Deron Williams

Wow, what a Laker fan homer post. Chris Bosh is 24 years old, and Al Jefferson is 23 years old and they have already proven to be twice the player Andrew Bynum has. They have both the ability to be the go to guy offensively and the teams defensive presence down low.

You really think that "Bosh has proven he cant win in the playoffs" is a valid arguement. The dude is 24 and has never really had a good team around him. I mean who has been his best 2nd option before this year, Anthony Parker? TJ Ford? Jason Kapono?

Plus what has Andrew Bynum proven? He can play decently for half a season and then get injured and miss the rest of the season? If we are going to go by what players have proven, why the hell would you pick Bynum? All he has proven is that he is an injury risk.

If I am building a team, its very simple which order I would take the guys in. No homerism here.

Chris Bosh
Deron Williams
Al Jefferson
Brandon Roy
Kevin Durant
Andrew Bynum
Michael Beasley
Derrick Rose

The other guys I dont consider potential franchise guys. Truthfully its hard to even consider Bynum a potential franchise guy, but he is a big so that helps him out.

MiamiHeat
11-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Chris Bosh
Al Jefferson
Deron Williams
Brandon Roy
Andrew Bynum
Michael Beasley
Joe Johnson
Derrick Rose
Danny Granger
Kevin Durant
Rudy Gay
OJ Mayo

18colts29
11-10-2008, 07:06 PM
I don't see why Granger is so low on everyones list, he is 4th in scoring, I know it still early but he has potential to finish in the top 10 this year.

Lakers4ItAll
11-10-2008, 07:11 PM
How do you put Deron Williams and not Chris Paul?

JIDsanity
11-10-2008, 07:17 PM
If NJ had Deron Williams I would be soooo happy

Faneik
11-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Al Jefferson
Chris Bosh
Deron Williams
Brandon Roy
Derrick Rose
Andrew Bynum
Kevin Durant
Michael Beasley
OJ Mayo
Danny Granger
Rudy Gay
Joe Johnson

x2, maybe only switch Roy and Rose

MyCousinVinny
11-10-2008, 08:08 PM
in the long i think you have to go a pg who can lead a team so id say derron and then rose even tho we dont no much about him other than so far hes been great. and in my opinion rose will be even better than dwill eventually

BRADfromOZ
11-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Chris Bosh
Brandon Roy
Deron Williams
Al Jefferson
Joe Johnson
Danny Granger
Rudy Gay
Derrick Rose
Kevin Durant
Andrew Bynum
OJ Mayo
Michael Beasley

dawgsfan_45
11-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Chris Bosh
Al Jefferson
Brandon Roy
Derrick Rose
Kevin Durant
Andrew Bynum
OJ Mayo
Rudy Gay
Danny Granger
Michael Beasley

MiamiHeat
11-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Beasley is last in most of you guys list :(

NYMetros
11-10-2008, 08:36 PM
1. Deron Williams
2. Al Jefferson
3. Joe Johnson
4. Brandon Roy
5. Chris Bosh
6. Rudy Gay
7. Andrew Bynum
8. Derrick Rose
9. Kevin Durant
10. OJ Mayo
11. Danny Granger
12. Michael Beasley

NYMetros
11-10-2008, 08:37 PM

He's too small IMO. Could be a bit of a problem during his career. I still think he will be a good player, just not a great one.

dawgsfan_45
11-10-2008, 08:45 PM

For some reason I'm not feeling all the hype. I dont think he'll ever be a superstar, but the #2 guy that has a bunch of rings. Kind of like Pippen.

SensandRaps
11-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Bosh
Williams
Roy
In that order. And to think the raps could have had 2 of them :(

UofA
11-10-2008, 08:57 PM
1. Deron Williams
2. Chris Bosh
3. Al Jefferson
4. Brandon Roy
5. Derrick Rose
6. Joe Johnson
7. Andrew Bynum
8. Michael Beasley
9. Kevin Durant
10. Danny Granger
11. O.J. Mayo
12. Rudy Gay

GSRaider
11-10-2008, 09:06 PM
deron williams

LeBrowns
11-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Bosh or Jefferson, both are proven studs.

Kyben36
11-10-2008, 11:50 PM
Rose- I think he will be GR8. And he is only 20.
D Williams- Proven to be a leader
Bosh- Proven Big
Jeferson- Real Big man with a post game

Bynum is just unproven and like the first guy said. Bigs and Points over Wings.

EddieB
11-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Chris Bosh is my number 1 choice

Andrew Bynum if he keeps working hard

Kaptain Kanada
11-11-2008, 12:03 AM
CB4
DWill

arlubas
11-11-2008, 03:10 AM
Deron Williams and Brandon Roy are my top two choices. Bosh is also worthy of a mention but for some reason I just can't see him being the actual leader of a contending team. That doesn't mean he ain't good though cause he's beasting so far in the season, I just don't see him as the sure shot franchise guy I look at the other two like.

KB24PG16
11-11-2008, 03:07 PM
i pck howard even though he is not on the list

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Willie or CB4