PDA

View Full Version : Adalius Thomas out for the season

Celts22
11-10-2008, 12:44 AM
New England's win over Buffalo Sunday came with a significant loss.

Linebacker Adalius Thomas, who has started all nine games for the Patriots and is tied for the team lead with five sacks, suffered a broken left forearm in the first half of the Patriots 20-10 win, according to sources. The sources believe the injury is likely season ending.

"It's not good. He's probably done [for the season]," said one source.

New England is 6-3 and tied for first place in the AFC East despite a season-ending injuries to quarterback Tom Brady, safety Rodney Harrison, and running back Laurence Maroney as well as the absence of running backs Sammy Morris and LaMont Jordan.

Jesus Christ. Another ****ing injury, just what we need

Tragedy
11-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Man, this team just continues to battle and battle. If they had a healthy team minus Brady, I'd have some level of confidence. But now we're just getting killed.

Though, I don't think losing Maroney is really a factor.

The Intimidator
11-10-2008, 01:15 AM
This article from the Herald gives some slight hope. It says that there is no timetable for how long Thomas will be out. But yeah, this team just can't catch a break. I guarantee that this forum will be flooded with anti-Patriot posters saying that "karma is a *****" now.

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/2008_11_09_Sources:_Adalius_Thomas_breaks_right_ar m/srvc=home&position=4

cmoneytakemoney
11-10-2008, 01:32 AM
If he is out for the season do we stick Guyton over there or, let Crable play or, sign somebody? Maybe we play more 4-3 defense. I don't know I'm devastated and, just trying to find a silver lining. It sucks bad because he can't be replaced.

Wake's Fastball
11-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Woods probably gets a fair amount of playing time. Seau rumors probably start back up. Losing Thomas was a big blow... really leaves us without anyone capable of covering opposing tight ends.

The Intimidator
11-10-2008, 02:36 AM
Bring back Seau!

JerseyBrave
11-10-2008, 03:51 AM
I think it is time to give the young guns more playing time, meaning crable, woods, guyton, etc. Let them prove themselves we have no better option, and please what would bringing back seau do he plays inside not outside, and he can't cover a TE

doesntmatter1
11-10-2008, 07:16 AM
just what we need and crable is already on ir. We now have no quality depth at lb. Even inside lb alexander has been hurt all year. Who knows when wheatley will be back at cb, at least jason webster had a decent game against the bills. Just pray for this team. It will be a real feel good story after we when the superbowl without many of our stars.

doesntmatter1
11-10-2008, 07:17 AM
Maybe Adalius Thomas will be able to play with a cast.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-10-2008, 09:13 AM
o well, plug in Woods and move on. ok we have overcome the loss of Brady, Maroney, Morris, Jordan, Harrison, and others. im not worried at all

kbjohnson26
11-10-2008, 09:21 AM
With Crable on Ir the depth at OLB is really thin. Guyton has been taking reps at ILB. All we really have is vrabel and woods.

Colvin is a free agent. Maybe if he is healthy, give him a look. At least to provide some depth.

KingJamsI
11-10-2008, 10:14 AM
god damn.... i'm thinking about selling my moss and seymour jerseys....i mean the other ones I have a Brady, Maroney, and Thomas... cant be good luck for me to have a guys jersey.

bagwell368
11-10-2008, 10:37 AM
he could be back in the playoffs... if we get there.

i think BB has an idea of who he wants over there, and he'll start there and see what happens.

What's the upside for Seau? The Pats have a very thin chance at making the SB, never mind winning it, this just delays when he gets to Canton - nope he won't come, and I'm not sure we want him. Time for youth.

The Intimidator
11-10-2008, 11:11 AM
god damn.... i'm thinking about selling my moss and seymour jerseys....i mean the other ones I have a Brady, Maroney, and Thomas... cant be good luck for me to have a guys jersey.

Sell those jerseys!

ProPoster
11-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Yes, sell them quick. I already noticed Moss limping a bit after one play where his foot got caught with the defenders foot.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-10-2008, 11:47 AM
lol @ selling jerseys.

chill ppl, someone will step up. step away from the edge of Gillette Stadium. we'll be fine. Cassel is looken good and the D-line is playing Great. we didnt have AT for the 2nd half and id say we looked good. we just may have to play more 4-3.

BB has been developing Woods for so long, we'll see if he can step up. if not, we put Guyton to OLB.

kbjohnson26
11-10-2008, 11:56 AM
I agree with Btown, ultimately it is time for Woods to step up. If he can't at least fill the void and make plays, its time to cut him loose. I think guyton has the speed to be an edge rusher and fill the AT role, but he has taken alot of reps at OLB. I think they'll promote Vince Redd before we start seeing more of Guyton on the outside.

I still think Colvin is a possiblity to come back.

Ewagner
11-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Is Colvin still a free agent? He seems the logically player to come back but only if thomas is put on IR

The Intimidator
11-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Is Colvin still a free agent? He seems the logically player to come back but only if thomas is put on IR

Yeah, Colvin is still out there, but I'm not sure that they bring him back in. They released him because they weren't sold on his health.

griff141
11-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Woods looked good in pre-season although we have to take that with a grain of salt because he was playing against guys that are probably flipping burgers right now. He has to step up and contribute. We could end up playing more 4-3. We'll see what happens.

MilledgeGomez
11-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Haha i have all the same jerseys maybe I better sell mine too

futureheisman
11-10-2008, 05:33 PM
this is a huge blow. He put some much pressure on the QB now we need to blitz even more now.

The Intimidator
11-10-2008, 05:50 PM
this is a huge blow. He put some much pressure on the QB now we need to blitz even more now.

Not necessarily. If they sub someone in like Woods, they'll blitz the same amount of times they usually do. I don't know why you think they would have to blitz more just because of Thomas' injury.

cmoneytakemoney
11-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Isn't Simeon Rice available and, doesn't he still want to play? We could play more 4-3 with him or, use him as the pass rusher in the 3-4 problem solved. Damn I should be a general manager.

The Intimidator
11-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Isn't Simeon Rice available and, doesn't he still want to play? We could play more 4-3 with him or, use him as the pass rusher in the 3-4 problem solved. Damn I should be a general manager.

He's been out of the league for almost a year now. I don't think he comes back into the league at this point, at least not for us. Good thought though.

futureheisman
11-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Rice is a good idea but I dont think he would want back into the league

cmoneytakemoney
11-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Rice is a good idea but I dont think he would want back into the league

I read somewhere before the season started that Rice is finally 100% and itching to play in 2008.

Red_Sox_89
11-10-2008, 08:07 PM

I have a moss jersey, but i'll buy seymour from ya. lol

The Intimidator
11-10-2008, 08:09 PM
I read somewhere before the season started that Rice is finally 100% and itching to play in 2008.

I'm sure that he wants to play, I just don't think it will be here, if anywhere.

NYMETS6986
11-10-2008, 08:52 PM
wtf, the pats cant catch a break, these injuries are getting ridiculous. the only good thing is so far this team has been able to overcome, lets hope it continues....

Patsfan56
11-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Hats off to BB the rest of the coaching staff, but also these younger players who are stepping up and keeping it together. Even without another record breaking season, it is pretty incredible watching these guys handle all this adversity and still find a way to win.

Makin' me proud... :)

TheRedMarauder
11-10-2008, 11:41 PM
A source tells the Boston Herald that Adalius Thomas will have surgery on his broken forearm Wednesday.

This is usually a 6-8 week injury, but the Patriots aren't expected to try to wait it out. Thomas could be placed on injured reserve early this week.

rotoworld

ERLynx
11-11-2008, 02:33 PM
ughhhhhhh.

kbjohnson26
11-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Hats off to BB the rest of the coaching staff, but also these younger players who are stepping up and keeping it together. Even without another record breaking season, it is pretty incredible watching these guys handle all this adversity and still find a way to win.

Makin' me proud... :)

I agree.... Gives hope for the future. At least there is no more talk about How Old are team is!

Red_Sox_89
11-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Sucks so much... what else can go wrong? :(

The Intimidator
11-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Sucks so much... what else can go wrong? :(

Please dear God, don't ask that!

TheRedMarauder
11-13-2008, 03:01 PM
The Patriots have not quite yet given up on Adalius Thomas for the season after he underwent surgery on his broken right forearm Wednesday.

The decision could still come quickly, and the I.R. remains the most likely outcome. But doctors haven't told him he's out for the season and the Patriots will see how a follow-up appointment goes Thursday before deciding if they want to keep Thomas on the roster for a possible late season return.

rotoworld

Patsfan56
11-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Please dear God, don't ask that!

SOMEONE ALREADY DID A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO.......:mad:

LYNX!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Intimidator knows what I'm talking about!

What was that, in the injuries thread???

It's as predictable as a bad horror movie.

The Intimidator
11-14-2008, 03:54 PM
SOMEONE ALREADY DID A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO.......:mad:

LYNX!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Intimidator knows what I'm talking about!

What was that, in the injuries thread???

It's as predictable as a bad horror movie.

Yup. Lynx was the guy who made that comment. :mad:

celticfan
11-15-2008, 08:39 AM
not good

futureheisman
11-15-2008, 01:37 PM
not good at all

DaSupremeRuler
11-16-2008, 02:27 AM
actually that is wrong man! The man had surgeries on it and knowing Belichick, he will not reveal the status of it.

ERLynx
11-18-2008, 11:55 PM
yes i was. and i came in here explicitly looking to see if someone would call me on it.

its true, i said what else could go wrong. and look what happened.

i'm sorry fellas if i jinxed the season. but i wore the same white tom brady jersey last year through every win. and i wore it in the superbowl and they lost. so it wasnt me then, and it's not me now.

they are showing a fantastic deal of character right now. they are playing well with literally more injuries than I have ever seen since I started watching the NFL. it would be too easy now to say, let them lose and get a nice first round pick.

i say lets keep rolling fellas. i'm with BB, MC and the Pats. lets see how much we can do despite all this shyt.

The Intimidator
11-19-2008, 12:11 AM
yes i was. and i came in here explicitly looking to see if someone would call me on it.

i'm sorry fellas if i jinxed the season. but i wore the same white tom brady jersey last year through every win. and i wore it in the superbowl and they lost. so it wasnt me then, and it's not me now.

they are showing a fantastic deal of character right now. they are playing well with literally more injuries than I have ever seen since I started watching the NFL. it would be too easy now to say, let them lose and get a nice first round pick.

i say lets keep rolling fellas. i'm with BB, MC and the Pats. lets see how much we can do despite all this shyt.

:mad: You're killing me Lynx! Just Kidding. :p

Patsfan56
11-19-2008, 01:09 AM

Its all good. I was just having some fun. My brothers and I do that all the time.

:p

bagwell368
12-03-2008, 11:23 AM
WEEI is talking that AT will probably be playing in 3 weeks. Interesting...

Redsoxin2009
12-03-2008, 11:53 AM
heck..........if thomas can come back and actually be close to the same guy....and with colvin now in the fold.......they should be able to put a lot more pressure on the qb...which should help the secondary a bit....and heck.....maybe they can get to the playoffs and win a game.....who knows

futureheisman
12-04-2008, 07:15 PM
thats key in the NFl rusing the passer and I think when he comes back they will be a lot better defense

bagwell368
12-05-2008, 11:27 AM
AD is out for the year (IR), and Seau is in - WEEI just said so.

ERLynx
12-05-2008, 01:17 PM
lolwut. are you kidding me.

futureheisman
12-05-2008, 04:59 PM
horrible news