PDA

View Full Version : Worst Local NBA Announcing Crews

oldenpolynice
11-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Which NBA announcing crews do you really dislike listening to?

For me, it's Kings, Thunder and Raptors.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/11/09/thunder-announcers-driving-me-crazy/

Nets fan 93
11-09-2008, 11:08 PM
I dont know the worst... but the Nets and Knicks both have great broadcasting crews

Nets:
Marv Albert
Mike "Czar" Fratello
Ian Eagle
Jim Spinarkle

Knicks
Walt Clyde Frazier, makes the most random sayings like, "Dishing and Swishing" or Zach to the Rack...
Mike Breen

thapharcyd
11-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Milwaukee Bucks was the worst I think I ever heard....

Also I am not a big fan of Leander who does the Suns games... as Barkley would say... Terrible.

DirtyThirty
11-09-2008, 11:17 PM
i agree with Nets Fan 93 im from NJ and teh Nets and Knicks commentators are real good

JPHX
11-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Lakers. one of the dudes sounds like he has a computer voice similar to steven hawkings. pacers announcers are horrible too.

Fury
11-09-2008, 11:29 PM
i agree with Nets Fan 93 im from NJ and teh Nets and Knicks commentators are real good

I dont know the worst... but the Nets and Knicks both have great broadcasting crews

Nets:
Marv Albert
Mike "Czar" Fratello
Ian Eagle
Jim Spinarkle

Knicks
Walt Clyde Frazier, makes the most random sayings like, "Dishing and Swishing" or Zach to the Rack...
Mike Breen

hol up..first off ima jersey fan i live in jersey..When Ian Eagle is doing the play by play its great with whoever is next to him..he keeps me entertained the hole time..wit marv albert is doing it i feel like as hes getting older hes getting more boring i just dont think hes the same i think Ian eagle is far superior to marv...the Czar im not feeling at all hes to mellow to boring an When MArv is working with him it seems like marv just gets on his nerves..The knicks the only thing they have thas good is Mike Breen (which is why he does espn games) Clyde frazier is seriously the worst he is corny hes boring and just ****in annoys me.....

i moved by philly and i get all the philly games and they have horrible broadcasting..the phillies and Sixers have ridiculously bad commentating very very boring..thank god for the eagles that fox does there games

lakers4sho
11-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Lawler's Law makes me want to puke.

If you know what I'm talking about, more power to you :)

EddieB
11-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Chicago bulls homers
Rockets
Kings

cmstophe
11-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Boston and Chicago come to mind.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Lakers. one of the dudes sounds like he has a computer voice similar to steven hawkings. pacers announcers are horrible too.

Agree. His name is Joel Myers. I miss Chick Hearn:(

DreamShaker
11-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Chicago bulls homers
Rockets
Kings

Bill Worrel is the freaking man....

richardle9
11-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Chicago bulls homers
Rockets
Kings

hell no, bill worrell is the man

EddieB
11-10-2008, 12:57 AM
hell no, bill worrell is the man

no chickie baby is the man, i miss him rip

marvILLous
11-10-2008, 01:21 AM
sooooooooo... you don't like the raps broadcasters because they refer to jose calderon as, "jose"?

i see...

Raidaz4Life
11-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Kings... listened to them once and had to mute the game

$KnicksAndKobe$
11-10-2008, 01:49 AM
Knicks got the best ...

We got Gus, Breen, And Clyde
OUR BIG 3

LeBrowns
11-10-2008, 01:51 AM
cough homer cough

Afridi786
11-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Clyde is just horrible...just horrible.

rhino17
11-10-2008, 01:58 AM
I was watching the Lakers rockets online and the Lakers crew was broadcasting. One guy was ok, but the other guy was talking like a kid, he was just horrible

also the rockets home games when Clyde Drexler does the TV commentary, he invents several new words on a nightly basis

JordansBulls
11-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Boston and Chicago come to mind.

When we had Jim Durham he was good for the Bulls back in the day.

yojoe792
11-10-2008, 02:14 AM

You mean Stu Lantz? The award winning, wonderful announcer who knows the game? The one that is widely regarded as one of the best we've ever heard? That one? Really?

awesomeovie8
11-10-2008, 02:30 AM
hol up..first off ima jersey fan i live in jersey..When Ian Eagle is doing the play by play its great with whoever is next to him..he keeps me entertained the hole time..wit marv albert is doing it i feel like as hes getting older hes getting more boring i just dont think hes the same i think Ian eagle is far superior to marv...the Czar im not feeling at all hes to mellow to boring an When MArv is working with him it seems like marv just gets on his nerves..The knicks the only thing they have thas good is Mike Breen (which is why he does espn games) Clyde frazier is seriously the worst he is corny hes boring and just ****in annoys me.....

i moved by philly and i get all the philly games and they have horrible broadcasting..the phillies and Sixers have ridiculously bad commentating very very boring..thank god for the eagles that fox does there games

Wow, you must be deaf. First of all the Phillies have Harry Kalas (hof) one of the best and most respected announcers in the game. Larry Anderson is also very good and a great color commentator. I dont watch the sixers very often but Dei Lynam (sp?) does interviews for tnt basketball games so they cant be so bad. And if you like fox you must be not only deaf but slow. Joe Buck has got to be the worst announcer in sports.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-10-2008, 02:44 AM
Ron Boone and Craig Bolerjack are the worst... somtimes I watch Jazz games on mute.

Kings Faithful
11-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Whats with the hatin on the Kings announcers? I know Jerry is kind of eh..but I love Napear, they sound more like people than just teleprompter robots, and they get excited. I also like how they aren't completely biased..yes they do have a biased towards the kings but as fans thats natural, at least they compliment other teams and don't bash on them. I think the Blazers have the worst announcers ever, so biased. And the Lakers announcers consider their team to be the Jesus of basketball which annoys me.

Shawh
11-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Blazers' and Kings' announcers come to mind...

Fury
11-10-2008, 03:01 AM
[/B]

Wow, you must be deaf. First of all the Phillies have Harry Kalas (hof) one of the best and most respected announcers in the game. Larry Anderson is also very good and a great color commentator. I dont watch the sixers very often but Dei Lynam (sp?) does interviews for tnt basketball games so they cant be so bad. And if you like fox you must be not only deaf but slow. Joe Buck has got to be the worst announcer in sports.

im not talking about Joe buck dick head but its true phillies games are boring as **** to watch ..ur either have never had a really good play by play man or u are as ****in boring as they are...i choose the 2nd one...BILL WALTON IS RESPECTED BUT EVERYONE KNOES HE SUCKS ...sry man ur phillies commentators are corny its not ur fault dont cry maybe a ring will inspire more character in the booth lol

Fury
11-10-2008, 03:04 AM
Knicks got the best ...
actually as long as clyde is doing the games u are on the bottom of the list..mike breen is good but he can only do so much by himself
We got Gus, Breen, And Clyde
OUR BIG 3

Clyde is just horrible...just horrible.
horrible just horrible beyond horrible...idc how good he wuz as a player his career shud not have anything to do wit him doing games cuz he is so bad..i rather watch the knick games on mute while listening to lil waynes annoying sqeaky voice

sportsnutzz
11-10-2008, 03:50 AM
Ron Boone and Craig Bolerjack are the worst... somtimes I watch Jazz games on mute.

Bolerjack bugs me, Boone is cool though. I listen to the radio so I can listen to hot rod announce the game.

awesomeovie8
11-10-2008, 09:31 AM
im not talking about Joe buck dick head but its true phillies games are boring as **** to watch ..ur either have never had a really good play by play man or u are as ****in boring as they are...i choose the 2nd one...BILL WALTON IS RESPECTED BUT EVERYONE KNOES HE SUCKS ...sry man ur phillies commentators are corny its not ur fault dont cry maybe a ring will inspire more character in the booth lol

There is a major difference between a bill walton and Harry Kalas and that is Harry Kalas made the hall of fame for announcing and not playing. Anyone who watches games knows he is a top play-by-play announcer. So please enlighten me on 10 who are better if he is so ******.

JPHX
11-10-2008, 05:14 PM
You mean Stu Lantz? The award winning, wonderful announcer who knows the game? The one that is widely regarded as one of the best we've ever heard? That one? Really?

if thats the guy. im not questioning his knowledge of the game. im just saying his voice sounds like microsoft sam.

Kaptain Kanada
11-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Chicago... they got the Raptors scraps.

MiamiHeat
11-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Miami Heat's announcers are the shizzle :)

sacgiants1213
11-10-2008, 05:34 PM
obviously none of you guys have heard bob fitzgerald and jim barnett of the warriors. they are horrendous. complete homers and talk **** about the opposing teams.

alexander_37
11-10-2008, 05:38 PM
man i watched the rockets lakers and those laker broadcasters are the biggest homers all they did was talk about how chuck hayes shouldnt be allowed to charge and how the lakers have amazing depth and how kobe is the best thing since jerry rice

Epic89
11-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Can't answer that besides "Not George Blaha and Greg Kelser"

Kelser gets me tickets every year.

Lakers4ItAll
11-10-2008, 09:14 PM
I don't like any home teams announcers they are all way to biast(sp).

CB4AB7VC15
11-10-2008, 09:23 PM
boston homers walt for the knicks and that cavs ann is just an idiot.

ARMIN12NBA
11-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Blazers' and Kings' announcers come to mind...

Totally agree.

Scheck
11-10-2008, 09:38 PM
I have only really heard the wizards announcers, and they are awesome

"DAGGER!!!!!"

KB24PG16
11-10-2008, 09:41 PM
the warriors guys

thapharcyd
11-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Watching the Celtics game vs. Toronto.... the Celts announcers are terrible.... not as bad as Milwaukee, but should be up there

kswissdaf
11-10-2008, 09:45 PM
i hate utahs

KB24PG16
11-10-2008, 09:55 PM
obviously none of you guys have heard bob fitzgerald and jim barnett of the warriors. they are horrendous. complete homers and talk **** about the opposing teams.

exaclty :clap:

dre1990
11-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Milwaukee Bucks

chisox..YES!
11-10-2008, 10:31 PM
I hated the bulls last year but it is better this year with Neil Funk. He is a man.

EddieB
11-10-2008, 11:42 PM
man i watched the rockets lakers and those laker broadcasters are the biggest homers all they did was talk about how chuck hayes shouldnt be allowed to charge and how the lakers have amazing depth and how kobe is the best thing since jerry rice

You should of listened to the Rockets broadcast, all I heard on every play was that was a foul blah blah blah :rolleyes:

EddieB
11-10-2008, 11:43 PM
How about the clippers broadcast, BINGO!!!!!!!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Bolerjack bugs me, Boone is cool though. I listen to the radio so I can listen to hot rod announce the game.

I Love hot rod.

Him and Bill Walton are my favorite.

DerekRE_3
11-11-2008, 01:10 AM
To those who are saying the Kings...if you are talking about Grant Napear, then I'd agree. But Jerry Reynolds is actually a knowledgeable and funny color commentator. He is one of the better ones.