PDA

View Full Version : Nfl Mock Draft 2009

FKNRUEHH925
11-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Ok with the amazing play of Thigpen i think our draft needs have changed! our offense is starting to click we have r # 2 receiver in Bradley. are off is starting to come alone very well, i can see us winning 2-3 more games this year! I have a new vote now for the draft. Its time to admit we need to pass on Stafford r BIGGEST weakness is getting pressure on the qb (or getting no pressure), so the answer to r problems is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGUc3UL64f0

Brian Orakpo Is a beast and with Glenn Dorsey Taking double and triple teams Brian Orakpo would run wild on qb's I have fallowed this guy when he first came into the league and since kcfan u live in texas u watch all the texas games u know how DOMINATE he is every game

RustShack
11-10-2008, 02:54 AM
I don't think we will be in position to draft Stafford, so I like a DE or MLB. OT is up there still... so is OG in the 2nd.

Gigantes4Life
11-10-2008, 02:59 AM
I'm liking DE as well. I'd like to grab and OT and OG in later rounds, and possibly another DT.

Getting another QB in rounds 3 and after isn't a bad idea either.

FKNRUEHH925
11-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Brian Orakpo is a best and imo by far the best talent to come out this year at DE.. IMO Orakpo in the first Brandon Spikes in the 2nd, and then maybe move back into the second to nab a 0-lineman

RustShack
11-10-2008, 03:42 AM
Spikes in the 2nd round is wishful thinking. I don't know if we get lucky like we did with Flowers again.

Gigantes4Life
11-10-2008, 04:44 AM
I see Spikes going more in the 15-25 region to be honest, although I'm no expert.

FKNRUEHH925
11-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Orakpo is the man

FKNRUEHH925
11-10-2008, 03:42 PM
and i could see Spikes slippin into the 2nd. it looks like CB AND FS AND SS is the biggest need for most teams, Giants and eagles r the only teams i could see taking a LB FROM 20-32

Doc Fluty
11-10-2008, 03:53 PM
to many top pass rushers come out of college and dont live up to the hype.. id rather take an OT in the first and hope we can pick up a proven young pass rushing de

Kcfanbaby212*
11-10-2008, 03:56 PM
i like orakpo...but idk when we pick...could be to early.

In_Ned_I_Trust
11-10-2008, 06:56 PM
I still think we need a MLB first. Outside of Johnson our LB corps is average at best and aging.

Kcfanbaby212*
11-10-2008, 07:13 PM
idk....Thomas is actually stepping up here lately...by no means do i like him...but hes played decent....however....idk if its RE...or MLB we need more. Glad were not talking QB right now lol

Gigantes4Life
11-10-2008, 07:23 PM
If the talent isn't there maybe we should consider trading our DP for more picks. That is if someone has two 1st rounders :p.

Kcfanbaby212*
11-10-2008, 07:24 PM
well if we happen to trade...we will get good picks for it..no doubt....but i think we will be fine...i think we will win a game or 2 prior to the end of the season.

RustShack
11-11-2008, 01:47 AM
to many top pass rushers come out of college and dont live up to the hype.. id rather take an OT in the first and hope we can pick up a proven young pass rushing de

I don't know where that statistic came from... but I wouldn't say DE has that high of a bust rate... not any more than a lot of other positions.

Pipes
11-11-2008, 02:01 AM
At this point I'd go Maualuga if he's available...

DKKC
11-11-2008, 02:17 PM
He could step in from day one and put an attitude back into this defense that we lost back in Feb 8th of 2000..

Kcfanbaby212*
11-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Rey!! Rey!!

FKNRUEHH925
11-11-2008, 03:16 PM
The Draft all depends on what we do in FA, there are a few LB'S that could become free agents. K. Dansby is becoming a fa

RustShack
11-11-2008, 04:04 PM
You draft the best players you can period. FA's rarely have an impact on their new teams like they did their first teams.

FKNRUEHH925
11-11-2008, 04:47 PM
You draft the best players you can period. FA's rarely have an impact on their new teams like they did their first teams.

I Strongly Disagree. There has been countless times a player has blossomed on a diff team

RustShack
11-11-2008, 06:04 PM
I Strongly Disagree. There has been countless times a player has blossomed on a diff team

If a player "blossoms" on another team that means he wasn't very good with the first one. I said good players are rarely good for more than one teams. FA just isn't a good way to get players anymore. They are old/washed up and/or way over priced.

RustShack
11-11-2008, 06:06 PM
If you think there are going to be a bunch of good young players in free agency willing to sign with Kansas City you are crazy. Half or the players we wanted last year refused to even come in for a workout or to negotiate a contract. Teams just don't let good players go anymore.

RustShack
11-11-2008, 06:13 PM
You compliment your draft with free agents, not the other way around. The draft is the base and where you build a team, free agency is to top it off. We are still a team building. I'm not saying we shouldn't get any free agents, because we should.

Pipes
11-11-2008, 06:31 PM

That's why I say Maualuga....

RustShack
11-11-2008, 07:25 PM
That's why I say Maualuga....

He would be a great pick if we are in the top 10. I would love to have him, but LB's aren't often drafted in the top 5. He could be a rare exception though.

In_Ned_I_Trust
11-11-2008, 07:29 PM
He would be a great pick if we are in the top 10. I would love to have him, but LB's aren't often drafted in the top 5. He could be a rare exception though.

Umm I think we will be in the top 10 Rust.

Where do you guys think Brian Cushing or Taylor Mays will go?

RustShack
11-11-2008, 07:32 PM
I thought by my post you would understand I was talking about inbetween 5-10.

RustShack
11-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Umm I think we will be in the top 10 Rust.

Where do you guys think Brian Cushing or Taylor Mays will go?

Cushing- Mid to late 1st
Mays- Late 1st to early 2nd

In_Ned_I_Trust
11-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Sorry I misunderstood. I really hope we aren't drafting 3 which we have a good chance of doing. I think if we are at 5 we could justify Rey, I agree with you Rust higher than 5 for a MLB is rarely done. I hope we could move back into the first by trading LJ and Tony and snag Mays or Cushing, that would give us a fantastic young LB corps. I don't see it happening however.

Anyone think the Cardinals would be willing to take LJ? they are an up and coming team with an average at best running game.

RustShack
11-11-2008, 08:16 PM
I think we should and will keep both LJ and Tony. LJ doesn't have much if any trade value anymore, and if he is a team player and stays out of trouble for the rest of the year the Chiefs would be foolish to get rid of him. Now if he continues being selfish and a woman abuser he will probably be shown the door. He has been punished and we will have to see how he reacts now. I think the new found passing game will help him a lot though. Also now that the offense is going, and the Chiefs are playing close with teams Tony will likely stay. His value is decreasing, which also decreases the chances of us trading him. I think the Chiefs might win a couple games this year still too, so we will still have a high pick, but not an extreamely high paid one, and I think the Chiefs have a chance of making the playoffs next year(mainly because we are in the AFC West).

RustShack
11-11-2008, 09:16 PM
If we were to somehow draft Mays, we would stacked at safety. Morgan being backed up by Page at FS and Mays being backed up by Pollard at SS would be sick. Mays will probably end up going in the top 20 when its all said and done and maybe even top 15. He could be Sean Taylor without the attitude problem.

RustShack
11-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Drafting Rey in the first and Cushing in the second would also give us a sick LB corps. Duke Robinson has fallen out of the first on a lot of boards and Todd McShay doesn't even have Herman Johnson going in the second, but drafting one of those guys in the second would be awesome too.

In_Ned_I_Trust
11-11-2008, 10:19 PM
I think before the season started Cushing might have dropped to the second round but with the way they are playing this year and Cushing staying healthy I think he is a sure fire 1st rd'er. SC has the #1 defense in the country, Mays, Cushing and Muauluga are big reasons for that, Clay Matthews Jr, Kyle Moore and Everson Griffin too.

Come to think of it Kyle Moore is a junior he will probably come out this year and is 6-6 270 and a very impressive guy. Clay Matthews Jr has been the defensive player of the year for the Trojans this year IMO, but still a redshirt Sophmore.

Sorry I'm an SC homer but I just have seen about 30 practices and follow this team very closely.

RustShack
11-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Ray, Mays, and Cushing will most likely all end up going in the first... I would love to have either of those three on defense. If he had to, Mays could line up at either safety position, CB, or LB. Hes a freak.

In_Ned_I_Trust
11-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Ray, Mays, and Cushing will most likely all end up going in the first... I would love to have either of those three on defense. If he had to, Mays could line up at either safety position, CB, or LB. Hes a freak.

Yeah but remember Darnell Bing? he was a stud at SC at the Raiders ruined him trying to make him a LB. Now he is on the Lions scout team.

I see a lot of scouts saying fili moala will go in the first as well. Not bad if they do get 4 defensive starters in the first round. So no love for Kyle Moore?

callmesir
11-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Why all the love for rey?... I understand he's a freakish athlete that has a ton of potential, but I wonder if anyone has read a scouting report on this guy, he's the type of guy that has some limited success in the nfl but eventually can't play. He's scouted as a freakish athlete that isn't too bright and freelances too much, blows alot of assignments and overruns alot of plays, not very disciplined. That's not the type of guy we want at arrowhead. For every great play he makes he'll make 2 boneheaded rookie mistakes. The problem is that these rookie mistakes won't go away, he can cover up mistakes in college because he's such a good athlete but not in the nfl. he reminds me of lavar arrington. Great athlete with a ton of potential but couldn't play within a system. Anyone know where he's playing right now?... Get off the rey bandwagon. He has bust written all over him. If gunther and herm were selecting a MLB it would be in the mold of the kid from ohio state lauranitis (spell check).... good not great athlete, superior recognition skills and disciplined player, although the backers out of ohio state recently haven't done so well.... anyway, ball games are won up front. We have some skill guys, build the lines and hope for some late round magic with some lb's

RustShack
11-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Mays will be a SS in the NFL, but he has the talent to do more than that. He will be able to shut down TE's and slot WR's. Since Mays plays for USC, he knows his assignments too. Thats one of the huge differences between him and Sean Taylor. Taylor made the mistake of trying to free lance and make big plays like he could in college. Thats why Mays doesn't make a bunch of huge plays like he can, because he sticks to his assignments. Mays can be one of the great NFL safeties.

RustShack
11-12-2008, 01:07 AM
If one of those LB's is a bust it would be Luarenitus.

In_Ned_I_Trust
11-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Cushing is better than laurenaitis (Spell check lol)

callmesir
11-12-2008, 01:45 AM
laurenitis is considered the safe pick, the least likely to bust. Even if he doesn't end up great he'll probably have a productive ten year career. I just can't envision spending a top five pick on him, nor can I envision spending a top five pick on either LB from USC. Maybe it's my deep hate for USC, or maybe I just don't want a lavar arrington on my team, or do I think we should spend a top five pick on an OLB that is projected in the last half of the first round.

Cushing very well may be better than laurenitis, I haven't really watched either of them play enough to may an informed statement, I'm just basing what I know on what I've read about them and generally where they're projected to go in the draft.... oh and I hate everything about USC.

RustShack
11-12-2008, 01:12 PM
I don't think anyone is talking about drafting a LB in the top 5... Rey is better than Lofa Tatupu, Laurenitus isn't as good as AJ Hawk. USC players are disciplined and stick to their assignments. Derrick Johnson free lanced in college so I'm assuming you don't like him at all? In training camp they were talking about letting DJ free lance this year so he can make big plays like he did in college. If it weren't for the coach and system change Lavar Arrington would probably still be in the NFL and be one of the best LB's ever. Some players just don't fit other systems, hes not the only one.

DKKC
11-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Cushing is better than laurenaitis (Spell check lol)

James will be put outside if he goes to team with a decent MLB and Cushing is really big so I could see him being placed at the MLB position at the next level.

I think these guys could be much better than and will be great at the next level at their respected switched position

RustShack
11-12-2008, 01:31 PM
James will be put outside if he goes to team with a decent MLB and Cushing is really big so I could see him being placed at the MLB position at the next level.

I think these guys could be much better than and will be great at the next level at their respected switched position

I wouldn't say they will be great, but I think they could switch like you said. Cushing might even be a MLB right now if he were on a different team, and he would probably make more plays than he does now.

In_Ned_I_Trust
11-12-2008, 08:28 PM

I like Cushing as a OLB but I would say he would do pretty well at DE as well, in the Kearse mold.

Pipes
11-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Any LB would be nice.... Not saying we should draft on in the top 3 to 5 but we do need to upgrade... And callmesir why so down on Maualuga... I know what the scouting report says but that's 1 guy's opinion... Like Rust said DJ was/is a freelancer himself... Freelancers can be good maybe you remember some named Derrick Thomas... I believed he excelled in a role like that... But to veer off to far I like both Cushing & Laurinaitis and both would nice upgrades but Maualuga has the intensity I feel that this team desperately needs! For me it's a no brainer Maualuga all the way... But like I said before... it all depends on where we pick and who's availible... But Maualuga is a guy I would reach a little on though.

DKKC
11-13-2008, 01:05 PM
I like Cushing as a OLB but I would say he would do pretty well at DE as well, in the Kearse mold.

I would assume if he hasnt already gotten time with his hand on the ground it might be a little to late to start devolping his skills with his fist in the dirt? I could be wrong tho im not sure if he's actually had anytime rushing the passer in that position.

And just an FYI Cushing has very excellent size and playmaking ability to be moved inside. Then on top of that Pete Carroll claimed his best football was still ahead of at MLB.

** Has anyone heard anything about Cushing and his Roid usage?

RustShack
11-13-2008, 01:09 PM
I think Cushing would make a better MLB than DE, and I've never heard anything about roids... wouldn't surprise me though.

Kcfanbaby212*
11-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Orakpo is my choice. He is a game changer. Our d line would be badass with him.

FKNRUEHH925
11-13-2008, 03:46 PM
bench presses 515 lbs., squats 600 lbs. and power cleans 380 lbs and runs the 40 in 4.75. He is deff going to be the most powerful guy on the field but he also plays the game with lightning fast speed ...
tallied 37 tackles, nine TFL, 5.5 sacks, 12 pressures, two PBD and a forced fumble ... notched three tackles and a half sack against Arkansas State his jr year.
and in his senior year so far threw 9 games he has 31 tck 13 TFL totalying a loss of 79 yards! 8.5 sacks for a loss of 71 yards. 2 passes broken up. 11 qb hurries, and 3 forced fumbles
If we had Orakpo he would demand double teams and this would free up Dorsey all day!

Brian Orakpo

FKNRUEHH925
11-13-2008, 04:17 PM
imo we need a DE more than a LB. when we 6 sacks on the year 6 that is so pathetic. When we has Allen at least were getting pressure on the QB, last eyar Hali had 8.5 sacks. Orakpo can stop the run, and be force in pass rush. A great DE makes average LB look good, Pittsburgh's DE'S made weak *** Joey Porter a Pro Bowler

Kcfanbaby212*
11-13-2008, 05:54 PM
:drool:
bench presses 515 lbs., squats 600 lbs. and power cleans 380 lbs and runs the 40 in 4.75. He is deff going to be the most powerful guy on the field but he also plays the game with lightning fast speed ...
tallied 37 tackles, nine TFL, 5.5 sacks, 12 pressures, two PBD and a forced fumble ... notched three tackles and a half sack against Arkansas State his jr year.
and in his senior year so far threw 9 games he has 31 tck 13 TFL totalying a loss of 79 yards! 8.5 sacks for a loss of 71 yards. 2 passes broken up. 11 qb hurries, and 3 forced fumbles
If we had Orakpo he would demand double teams and this would free up Dorsey all day!

Brian Orakpo

imo we need a DE more than a LB. when we 6 sacks on the year 6 that is so pathetic. When we has Allen at least were getting pressure on the QB, last eyar Hali had 8.5 sacks. Orakpo can stop the run, and be force in pass rush. A great DE makes average LB look good, Pittsburgh's DE'S made weak *** Joey Porter a Pro Bowler

I agree...and watching him every saturday....goddamn!!The kid is a beast, and his stock is amazingly higher than what most people expected....i watch Texas...and I love the kid...he is a MUST if he is their. Very good against run, and hes a beast in pass rush. Next year,our D-line could be amazing....Orakpo...Tank...Dorsey...Hali. :Drool:

RustShack
11-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Would be a perfect prospect if he was a tad taller, had longer arms, and didn't play for Texas. Its awesome what he does in the weight room, but if we went by that Vernon Davis would be the best TE in history.

RustShack
11-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Brian Orakpo-

Overall Football Traits
-Production 2 Orakpo has played in 35 career games (10 starts) and has notched 90 tackles, 19 TFL, 10.5 sacks, 32 pressures, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery during his three seasons of playing time thus far. He redshirted in 2004 before playing in all 13 games (one start) at defensive end in 2005. He played in all 13 games as a sophomore in 2006, finishing with 26 tackles, including 4.5 sacks. Orakpo then started eight of the nine games he played as a junior in 2007, finishing with 37 tackles, nine TFL, 5.5 sacks, 12 pressures and a forced fumble
-Height-Weight-Speed 2 Possesses adequate height and bulk. Still has some room left on his frame to get bigger. Speed is adequate-to-good but not at elite level
-Durability 3 Sprained right knee during 2007 opener (Arkansas State) was an early setback. He missed the next four games as a result but did finish the season strong, including two sacks vs. ASU in Holiday Bowl.
-Character 0 N/A

Defensive End specific Traits
-Agility/Quickness 2 Very fluid athlete. Can change directions smoothly for a taller end and shows good closing quickness in pursuit. But he lacks ideal initial burst and seems to take too long to reach full speed.
-Strength/Toughness 3 Stronger in the upper body than he is in the lower body. Does not have the base to win many phone booth battles and he doesn't do himself any favors by playing too high at times
-Instincts 3 Snap anticipation is inconsistent. Seems to find the ball quickly in the backfield. Also does a good job of getting his arms up as a pass rusher in order to bat passes down when he doesn't get to the QB in time
-Pass Rusher 2 He's a fluid athlete with some good double moves as a pass rusher. He has solid instincts and closing burst to the QB. However, his initial burst was not that of an elite edge rusher in 2007, which is partially attributed to his sprained knee in the season opener. Most of his sack production comes from him stunting/angling/twisting to the inside. Needs to prove in 2008 he has to burst to consistently turn the corner as an edge rusher in the NFL.
-Run Stopper 3 Much improved in this area but still a work in progress. Does a good job of using his long arms and quick hands to keep blockers off his pads temporarily. Plays with discipline and will fight to finish. However, he lacks ideal size, he plays with a narrow base and he struggles to hold ground when teams run at him. Also does not protect his legs well enough.

Trait Scale
1 = Exceptional 2 = Above average 3 = Average 4 = Below average 5 = Marginal

RustShack
11-13-2008, 06:30 PM
That doesn't have this year factored into it though. Sounds like a great LE, but I'm a little iffy about him playing RE in the NFL.

Kcfanbaby212*
11-13-2008, 06:43 PM
That doesn't have this year factored into it though. Sounds like a great LE, but I'm a little iffy about him playing RE in the NFL.

well...the difference from last season to this season...is as big as colt mccoys from last season to this season...although not nearly as noticeable...but hes made great improvements....but I want to see his 10 yard dash....thats how you can truly test a DE...if he has a good burst..he can play RE...he will be very successfull in the NFL....which side? IDK. What about michael johnson?

RustShack
11-13-2008, 06:44 PM
I just looked at a mock that has us picking #2 and taking Orakpo in the first and Spikes in the second.

Kcfanbaby212*
11-13-2008, 06:45 PM
what I like most tho, is the fact his pass rushing skills....are pretty damn good...something alot of them need to work on a bit when they first come into the league. Either way...he is an athletic guy...and I like the fact that when he cant get to the QB...hes always getting his hands up to bat down balls.

Kcfanbaby212*
11-13-2008, 06:46 PM
I just looked at a mock that has us picking #2 and taking Orakpo in the first and Spikes in the second.

Walterfootball? I like that site...but IDK...if we have the 2nd pick...idk if Orakpo would be the best player to get....idk tho..could be...he needs to continue to play lights out to be that highly picked...IMO it would be a reach..not much..but still a reach....as for us picking 2nd...i think we will win a game or 2.

FKNRUEHH925
11-13-2008, 07:12 PM

That would be amazing to get both of those guys?? the sad thing is mock draft aint real, and i dont think we will get that lucky? anyone we get in the 1st paired up with spikes in the 2nd would be an amazing draft

RustShack
11-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Mels top 25 SR's(For some reason it has class, but I'm pretty sure thats wrong)-

1. Brian Orakpo Sr. DE Texas
2. Michael Oher Sr. OT Mississippi
3. Michael Johnson Sr. DE Georgia Tech
4. Eugene Monroe Sr. OT Virginia
5. Jason Smith Jr. OT Baylor
6. Aaron Curry Jr. LB Wake Forest
7. William Moore Jr. S Missouri
8. Brandon Pettigrew Jr. TE Oklahoma St.
9. Rey Maualuga Sr. LB USC
10. James Laurinaitis Sr. LB Ohio State
11. Brian Cushing Sr. LB USC
12. Malcolm Jenkins Sr. CB Ohio State
13. Clint Sintim Sr. LB Virginia
14. B.J. Raji Jr. DT Boston College
15. Tyson Jackson Sr. DE LSU
16. Alphonso Smith Sr. CB Wake Forest
17. Jamon Meredith Sr. OT South Carolina
18. Alex Mack Jr. C California
19. Chase Coffman Sr. TE Missouri
20. Max Unger Sr. C Oregon
21. Brian Robiskie Jr. WR Ohio St.
22. Duke Robinson Sr. OG Oklahoma
23. Javon Ringer Sr. RB Michigan St.
24. Juaquin Iglesias Sr. WR Oklahoma
25. Darius Butler Sr. CB Connecticut

FKNRUEHH925
11-13-2008, 07:36 PM
so Orakpo is #1 on Kipers list?

RustShack
11-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Of the Sr's, yes.

Kcfanbaby212*
11-13-2008, 08:45 PM
damn...he doesnt have Oher number one? Thats crazy.

RustShack
11-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Whats so crazy about that?

Kcfanbaby212*
11-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Hes probably the best in the draft...for one of the biggest needs on most teams that are picking this early. However, Orakpo has been a monster.

touchdown bowe
11-17-2008, 05:52 PM
I think we should still draft Stafford..Thiggy might be pulling an Anderson in Cleveland & Stafford is franchise QB material..2nd round i want Herman Johnson or w/e his name is..the Guard. 3rd round should go to the needed DE position. Not gonna go any farther cuz im sure well be pickin up more draft picks after we trade some of the older vets in the offseason

Kcfanbaby212*
11-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Pulling an anderson? lmao....beleive me, anderson wasnt the only problem in cleveland....Braylon Edwards was dropping every ball possible for the longest time, and he still leads the league in drops, by a large margin. The O-line has sucked, and no run game.....not saying Anderson was doing badass...but he wasnt the only problem.

touchdown bowe
11-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Anderson wasnt the whole problem..but he had a large part in the problem..im still not sure if Thiggy is a long term QB tho..and Stafford has franchise QB capabilitys..I'd have to take him..

Pipes
11-18-2008, 03:19 AM
We have recorded a hole 6 sacks so far this year gents... That would make us not only the worst but the worst in a very long time time up to this point... I think DL (ie Orakpo) is the biggest need right now... especially with the way Thigpen has been playing he's made that position alot less of a priority. I know there's alot of season left but I feel with the way they've adjusted the offense he should be solid the rest of the way through... This can always change but I see us going D (ie DE or a playmaker like Maualuga) again in the first with us looking at OL aswell... Then QB later on... I hate to say this but with us switching to the spread and it "apparently working" has changed things alittle... I see us eyeing a guy like Tebow later on... Please don't confuse me with saying I think we'll eye him with I want him... but given King Carls infatuation and us coincidently going to the spread I say it's more of a possibilty now then say a few weeks ago...

kcchiefs_82
11-19-2008, 09:24 PM
I think we might look at stafford in the 3rd or 4th round. I wouldnt mind that but I realy have alot of hope in thigpen. Also the difference between Thigpen and Anderson is that Thigpen has a natural ability to lead a team and always says the right things and wants to win more than anyone in that lockerroom.

kcchiefs_82
11-19-2008, 09:24 PM
and I agree that Orakpo or Maualuga would be the best choices in the first round.

touchdown bowe
11-19-2008, 09:37 PM
I think we might look at stafford in the 3rd or 4th round. I wouldnt mind that but I realy have alot of hope in thigpen. Also the difference between Thigpen and Anderson is that Thigpen has a natural ability to lead a team and always says the right things and wants to win more than anyone in that lockerroom.

Theres no way on earth Stafford will fall to the 3rd or 4th round........

and i disagree..Gonzo wants to win more than anyone in that locker room and thats a fact

RustShack
11-19-2008, 10:15 PM

Stafford probably wont make it to the third or fourth pick, not to mention third of fourth rounds...

FKNRUEHH925
11-20-2008, 02:04 AM
Thiggy has played Amazing. He makes things happen, and the Spread Offence is working for him, i know we dont have a win yet but dont fix whats not broken, if we build around thiggy i think he can be a really great qb, in the past 4 games his stats have been top 10 if not top 5. He can score points. Our problem is r defense. 6 sacks through 10 games is almost worst in history. I know we have 2nd most turnovers in the nfl but we still really cant stop anyone if we can get pressure on the qb imagine how many turn overs we can have.

kcchiefs_82
11-20-2008, 06:17 PM
I meant to say Gram Harrel. lol srry my bad.

Pipes
11-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Thiggy has played Amazing. He makes things happen, and the Spread Offence is working for him, i know we dont have a win yet but dont fix whats not broken, if we build around thiggy i think he can be a really great qb, in the past 4 games his stats have been top 10 if not top 5. He can score points. Our problem is r defense. 6 sacks through 10 games is almost worst in history. I know we have 2nd most turnovers in the nfl but we still really cant stop anyone if we can get pressure on the qb imagine how many turn overs we can have.

I fully agree... That's why I feel a D player is almost a lock with our 1st pick....

In_Ned_I_Trust
11-22-2008, 02:19 AM
^ Seems like your all coming over to the dark side of the force Rey Muauluga!!!!!

kcchiefs_82
11-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Im there, but I wouldnt mind Orakpo either though just as long as it improves the pass rush next year.

Pipes
11-23-2008, 09:13 PM
^ Seems like your all coming over to the dark side of the force Rey Muauluga!!!!!

I've been on his bandwagon for awile... Even though I feel DE is a bigger priority if Maualuga is on the board grab him... It's not every year you can bring in a guy like him!

FKNRUEHH925
11-23-2008, 09:24 PM
the bills scored 54 pnts!!! 54 ****ing points!! D-fence is the biggest problem clearly but im not sold that u take malaugua with the 1-3rd pick. I think Crushing or Spikes have a chance to fall or we could move back into the 1st and grab one or move to like the 33rd spot and hope one falls

Kcfanbaby212*
11-23-2008, 09:29 PM
the bills scored 54 pnts!!! 54 ****ing points!! D-fence is the biggest problem clearly but im not sold that u take malaugua with the 1-3rd pick. I think Crushing or Spikes have a chance to fall or we could move back into the 1st and grab one or move to like the 33rd spot and hope one falls

we need STs too....wasnt all Ds fault

RustShack
11-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Good ST's is the product of having good depth and good coaches. A young team that lacks talent and depth wont ever have a good Special teams.

Kcfanbaby212*
11-23-2008, 09:42 PM
injuries have kicked our ***, which is a main reason why we lack depth....we need durable people...and our STs coach has never had a consistent STs...time for him to go.

RustShack
11-23-2008, 09:43 PM
injuries have kicked our ***, which is a main reason why we lack depth....we need durable people...and our STs coach has never had a consistent STs...time for him to go.

I can careless about injurys... all I care about is the players on the field :rolleyes:

Kcfanbaby212*
11-23-2008, 09:57 PM
I can careless about injurys... all I care about is the players on the field :rolleyes:

well duh...thats stuff you cant control...thats why we sign guys weekly...watch the press conference and you will understand that the reason STs struggles is because they are consistnely moving guys around, and adding new guys. Difference between a Backup Safety or CB is they are most likely with their team prior to the start of the season, so they have more than 1 week of experience. Chemistry is never their when you get new guys weekly. I dont like the STs coach anyways tho, so i hope we continue to suck on STs so he will get fired.

Pipes
11-24-2008, 02:55 AM
I'm sure it will be another offseason of change... I see almost all of the D staff gone including Gun & Krum.... And any ST's staff... I believe though Herm will come out of it unless something horrendous happens...

Nvchiefsfan
11-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Watch Herm pull a Saban! Maualuga has to potential to be just like Urlacher or Rey Lewis
the guy is all over the field and he is quick for his size.

RustShack
11-29-2008, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't say he has that much potential... but I think he can be a top 5-10 MLB in the NFL...

touchdown bowe
11-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Ive changed my mind..right now im seeing Detroit taking Stafford, which is kinda confusing since they just spend a 2nd last year on Stanton, so im thinking we should pick up Michael Johnson..I wouldnt rule out Branden Oher or Andre Smith either..then moving Branden Albert back to RG or possibly RT

Kcfanbaby212*
11-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Ive changed my mind..right now im seeing Detroit taking Stafford, which is kinda confusing since they just spend a 2nd last year on Stanton, so im thinking we should pick up Michael Johnson..I wouldnt rule out Branden Oher or Andre Smith either..then moving Branden Albert back to RG or possibly RT

if Johnson was worth that top pick...then sure...but hes not. Im not ruling out a LT either, but we IMO have more pressing needs....would be nice to have a line like LT-Oher, LG-Waters, C-Niswanger, RG-Albert, RT-Taylor/Richardson

kcchiefs_82
11-29-2008, 09:59 PM
That would be nice but I think that we need to go Defense in the 1st round. Our D is just embarrasing... So im wanting to go Mauagula or the top DE in the draft.

DKKC
12-01-2008, 12:59 AM
if Johnson was worth that top pick...then sure...but hes not. Im not ruling out a LT either, but we IMO have more pressing needs....would be nice to have a line like LT-Oher, LG-Waters, C-Niswanger, RG-Albert, RT-Taylor/Richardson

The chances of them going out and getting another LT in the draft with our first round pick is almost nothing. Albert has all the potential in the world and we have so many other pressing needs on the D line. Hell the left side should be fine as long as we can get an upgrade at RT in the later rounds of the draft

bmcculloch21
12-01-2008, 01:17 AM
The Chiefs need to sign LB Jonathan Vilma from the Saints who was drafted by Edwards in New York, LB Karlos Dansby from the Cardinals and CB Nnamdi Asomugha from the Raiders.

Then, in the draft, they need to take the best DE available Orakpo or Johnson. Then, the best OL available whether it's a OG, C or OT. If you could get someone like Alex Mack from Cal to play center who, could perhaps be the best Center prospect to come out in the draft in years, to play Center, then you could move Niswanger over to OG and then pick up a tackle in the 3rd.

These moves would completely rebuild the O-line, complete the LB corp and D-line and give the Chiefs a permanent partner for Flowers at CB. The only true holes that i could see the Chiefs still having after that would be at WR and FS. If the Chiefs could get an additional 2nd round pick, it'd be nice to see the Chiefs take Myron Rolle from FSU to lock that S spot down.

bmcculloch21
12-01-2008, 01:21 AM
another name to check out in the later rounds at MLB would be Joe Pawelek from Baylor. He's a candidate for the Butkus award and leads the Big 12 in tackles.

RustShack
12-01-2008, 01:51 AM
The NFL would be lucky for one of those names to actually hit free agency. The Chiefs would be extremely lucky to get one in for a workout, not to mention sign.

bmcculloch21
12-01-2008, 01:53 AM
The NFL would be lucky for one of those names to actually hit free agency. The Chiefs would be extremely lucky to get one in for a workout, not to mention sign.

no doubt. I'm sure both of the LBs will be franchised, but the Raiders can't afford to franchise their CB. They're only 3million under the cap.

RustShack
12-01-2008, 01:55 AM
The Raiders will find a way to keep him.

bmcculloch21
12-01-2008, 02:15 AM
The Raiders will find a way to keep him.

You're giving Al Davis WAAAAY too much credit. He rarely does ANYTHING positive for that franchise.

kcchiefs_82
12-01-2008, 08:43 PM
That would be so nice to get Aso. and wasnt Karlos Dansby Franchised last season? If he was that means he has to sign a long term deal to stay in Arizona.

touchdown bowe
12-01-2008, 11:06 PM
I think you can be franchised 2 years..Aso can be franchised again and its likely he will be..If Vilma does hit the F.A. market im sure the Chiefs will give him a call because of Herms ties with him..but any smart FA will stay away from the Chiefs til we prove we can win games..I honustly dont expect us to do much in FA again this year..Wont surprise me if we sign a known LB like last year with Demarrio Williams..other than that just minor signings

Pipes
12-01-2008, 11:33 PM
You never know.....:shrug: Last I checked money talks and very few teams have more then the Chiefs have at this time so there's hope! But with that said I don't see any major signings for the fact that all that will be out there is aging stars (which doesn't fit our mold right now) and young no-name players. So if we expect to climb out of this ever growing hole we'll need another very good draft... So my opinion look at that instead of FA's.... Personally I'm on record for Maualuga. I think he would give us the bigger impact earlier on and fills one of our biggest holes.

touchdown bowe
12-01-2008, 11:37 PM
I think theres a chance this year the Chiefs trade down maybe 8 spots and get another 3rd rounder..we could certainly use the pick

Pipes
12-01-2008, 11:48 PM
I rather not chance it and run the risk of not grabbing a elite type of guy.....

RustShack
12-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Eh... there aren't many "elite" players this year anyways...

kcchiefs_82
12-02-2008, 08:03 PM
I think that Mauagula will be an elite player in this league and I realy like drafting guys from USC because they run more of a pro style Defense.

**CHIEFS**
12-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Love the idea of Vilma and Dansby. Then draft DE Johnson out of GT. Dont need another CB. Not at what he will cost anyway. DE and LB's are a must though. Then look for another RT in 2 like Loadholt or Meredith. QB in 3 like Bomar.

touchdown bowe
12-02-2008, 10:12 PM
actually i'd rather have the top G in the 2nd round if he's still available

Kcfanbaby212*
12-03-2008, 12:01 AM
if Johnson is still there sure....but I think a good pick if he happens to be there in the 2nd is, SPIKES!! lol. I know this sounds dumb, but Boiman has done pretty damn good at MLB for us, I dont see Thomas taking his job back.

FKNRUEHH925
12-03-2008, 12:06 AM
its been a while!!! i got a new job i know all u miss my imput....j/k but we need defence. i say round 1-2 D unless a great o-lineman falls to the second like the center from cal!! but if not then D all the way!!! and for the record i was at the raider game and it was a beautiful thing walking out of the stadium with the W

RustShack
12-03-2008, 01:43 AM
if Johnson is still there sure....but I think a good pick if he happens to be there in the 2nd is, SPIKES!! lol. I know this sounds dumb, but Boiman has done pretty damn good at MLB for us, I dont see Thomas taking his job back.

I've been saying Boiman will finish the year at MLB all along.

RustShack
12-03-2008, 01:45 AM
Love the idea of Vilma and Dansby. Then draft DE Johnson out of GT. Dont need another CB. Not at what he will cost anyway. DE and LB's are a must though. Then look for another RT in 2 like Loadholt or Meredith. QB in 3 like Bomar.

I love the idea too, but I really hate talking about free agents before the season is over. The guys you want and are good almost never are actually let go. Theres a pretty good list of free agents every year, but only about 5% of them actually end up hitting the open market.

DKKC
12-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Alex Mack would be best suited for our 2nd Round pick if still available. Or i'd like to see Brandon Spikes in that spot. I doubt either of those guys fall to us tho.

kcchiefs_82
12-03-2008, 10:07 PM
I would like to see Brandon Spikes if we dont pick Maugula with the first pick.

Kcfanbaby212*
12-04-2008, 11:18 AM

I remember. I just wish he was a bit faster....

FKNRUEHH925
12-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Crushin....Spikes....Or Alex Mack one of those three have a solid chance of slipping to us in the second!!!

FKNRUEHH925
12-04-2008, 06:24 PM
there are a lot of solid DE'S this year so i think if we passed on one in the 1st we could still get a solid one in the second! but we need o-lineman mlb and de... so unless we move back into the 1st or second i think there will be some people unhappy cuz one of those positions will go unadressed! I hope we make some noise in FA i know only about 5% of players make it to the market BUT some good players will be there! im not to fond of Vilma but Karlos Dansby would be amazing if he made it to FA! all we have to do is sign one quality player in FA and it will change are entire draft needs! if we can get a player like Dansby or Suggs then i would say pick a lineman in the 1st and if we juss rebuild threw the draft then i say we go D

Doc Fluty
12-04-2008, 07:28 PM
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if for some reason Suggs got on the market and we paid him $5 more than what j allen got from Min.

suggs has experience on the d-line and at lb... so he brings versatility

plus hes like a 5 year veteran and still only 25

that would let us take a tackle or MLB like rey in the first

touchdown bowe
12-04-2008, 11:27 PM

Good call

kcchiefs_82
12-04-2008, 11:40 PM
I think that if we pick anybody up in FA we will get a young RG or RT probably RT because we still have Wade, Alibi, and Jones, and Herby if he has to go in. So a young RT would be good in FA this offseason. just because this draft is so deep in LBs and DEs.

touchdown bowe
12-04-2008, 11:49 PM
I'd rather sign a RT..McIntosh is horrible

kcchiefs_82
12-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Ya thats what I was saying.

Kcfanbaby212*
12-05-2008, 12:08 AM
ill take my chances with what we got first, unless we can get a good in a late round...

rhensley3
12-05-2008, 09:39 AM
i'd like vilma in free-agency. i'm not 100% sure the o-line is such a bad place for us right now...the chemistry is starting to jell. right now (to me) our most pressing need is a pass rush...i think we have to go there first. after that, i almost think we just take the best athlete available. our offense is playing well enough to win every week and getting better. the defense is getting stops, but is allowing the qb's way too much time to look around. who knows what a season of experience and healthy bodies will do for us! i dont think we're that far off.

RustShack
12-05-2008, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't expect us to be healthy next year. Herms teams are always hit with injurys, he doesn't do something right in practice or before games.

kcchiefs_82
12-05-2008, 08:21 PM
I think that were one draft like last year away from a great team.

Doc Fluty
12-05-2008, 09:25 PM
I think with another decent draft and some position stability (read no injuries) we could compete for the division title next year.

the AFC west isnt the power house it once was and there is no reason to believe we can be next years falcons..

touchdown bowe
12-05-2008, 09:28 PM
I think that were one draft like last year away from a great team.

Not quite..but i do feel once we get a handle on winning ball games consistantly we can fight for the AFC west every season like the broncos have been doing over the last 12 years..its amazing what theyve done..only 1losing season since 1996..i think once we mature and gain experience and start winning games well be a consistant team for 5-10 seasons..this draft has a huge impact on how good we get but i dont think well become the good/great team until possibly 2010..but i promise next year we will show flashes

kcchiefs_82
12-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Im not saying we will be a great team next year by any means but Im saying if we have a great draft next year and by maybe 2010-11 The players from that draft and last years draft will have fully developed and we will be badass.

touchdown bowe
12-05-2008, 09:40 PM
we can only hope

RustShack
12-06-2008, 02:40 PM
We wont have a draft like last year, we don't have Jared Allen to trade. The draft wouldn't have been nearly as good if we hadn't had so many draft picks.

kcchiefs_82
12-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Im just talkin about quality of picks.

DKKC
12-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Alberts, Flowers, Charles and Carr made that draft

Im still waiting for the rest of our picks to show up

touchdown bowe
12-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Dorsey has shown flashes already..he's forced the QB out of the pocket several times this year..if we only had a pass rushing DE to finish the job..ive been checking mocks around the web and ive seen the Chiefs taking these players
1. Matt Stafford QB
2. Michael Johnson DE
3. Michael Oher OT
4. Andre Smith OT
5. Michael Crabtree WR
6. Orapoko (sp?)
Surprisingly no LB's..were still in the NFL season tho so i can see major changes by then
By the way..If the Seahawks finish with a worse record than Raiders, which i can see happening, the Seahawks will prolly take Crabtree..if they do im gonna laugh my *** off

touchdown bowe
12-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Alberts, Flowers, Charles and Carr made that draft

Im still waiting for the rest of our picks to show up

I think Will Franklin would show up more if they would put him ahead of Darling on the depth chart..Johnston will be better next year because of experience and if he can stay injury free

kcchiefs_82
12-06-2008, 08:53 PM
I think that Will Franklin would be much better than Darling and they should put him in front of Darling.

In_Ned_I_Trust
12-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Why would Vilma sign with a team that has lost 20+ games in the last 2 years?

touchdown bowe
12-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Why would Vilma sign with a team that has lost 20+ games in the last 2 years?

We have a ton of cap space..were expected to be a powerful team in a year or two..he was originally drafted by Herm..those are the reasons why he would consider signing with us..I hope he does if he even hits the market

RustShack
12-07-2008, 12:13 AM
I think that Will Franklin would be much better than Darling and they should put him in front of Darling.

I'm pretty sure that has something to do with where you live.

kcchiefs_82
12-07-2008, 09:53 PM
No.. Im pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that Darling sucks and has gotten his chances and I think we should give Franklin a chance.

touchdown bowe
12-07-2008, 10:24 PM
I wont be surprised if Darling is cut after the season

Kcfanbaby212*
12-07-2008, 10:33 PM
he wouldve had a TD catch today....if he wouldnt have slowed down on the route...

touchdown bowe
12-08-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that has something to do with where you live.

I wouldnt care if Franklin went to Iowa State..he's clearly better than Darling to me, and alot of other Chiefs fans

RustShack
12-08-2008, 01:40 PM
A lot of Chiefs fans are Mizzou fans or from that area. Its pretty funny that I don't know a single person who thinks Franklin will ever amount to anything besides Mizzou fans, Chiefs fan, or people who live in that area.

FKNRUEHH925
12-08-2008, 05:51 PM
when it comes to FA money talks imo i think if the moneys right any playet would go anywhere...plus we have a good squad and we will b better next year.. mine

DKKC
12-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Franklin will probably eventually become a good slot WR or 2nd WR but it'll only happen once he sures up those hands of his. My thoughts on Darling is that he hasnt excatly had a fair chance in this offense to consistantly see the ball come his way. Half of that being his own fault. As of now tho Darling is the better player vs Franklin.

PS Vilma isnt going to come here if he hits the market which isnt going to happen.

Kcfanbaby212*
12-08-2008, 06:11 PM
A lot of Chiefs fans are Mizzou fans or from that area. Its pretty funny that I don't know a single person who thinks Franklin will ever amount to anything besides Mizzou fans, Chiefs fan, or people who live in that area.

ironically, Darling had the same hype....by a bunch of raven fans...and a certain chief fan.

Kcfanbaby212*
12-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Franklin will probably eventually become a good slot WR or 2nd WR but it'll only happen once he sures up those hands of his. My thoughts on Darling is that he hasnt excatly had a fair chance in this offense to consistantly see the ball come his way. Half of that being his own fault. As of now tho Darling is the better player vs Franklin.

PS Vilma isnt going to come here if he hits the market which isnt going to happen.

Darling vs. Frankling isnt even fair....both are playing like scrubs, except one is a rookie, and thats kinda expected. One has always played like a scrub, unless its TC.

DKKC
12-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Both are fast both have their problems. The odds are against them from ever doing much so it doesnt really matter. Bowe TG and Bradley are more than sufficient. Hopefully Charles can start to break some big ones when he lines up in the backfield or the slot and balance out this offensive attack of ours.

Kcfanbaby212*
12-08-2008, 06:30 PM
i just want charles to get healthy lol

touchdown bowe
12-08-2008, 06:42 PM
yea im sick of watching Jamaal limp & hobble off the field every other game..

DKKC
12-08-2008, 06:42 PM
he'll only stay healthy over a season once he adds weight and size to his tiny frame.

touchdown bowe
12-08-2008, 06:43 PM

Do you honustly expect most people to know who the Chiefs 4th string WR is? NO..by no means am I saying he's gonna be a Bowe, or any sort of superstar WR, but he can be a solid 2nd-3rd stringer if they gave him a chance. Im also guessing if Maclin comes out and the Chiefs draft him he'll be nothing special also?

RustShack
12-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Do you honustly expect most people to know who the Chiefs 4th string WR is? NO..by no means am I saying he's gonna be a Bowe, or any sort of superstar WR, but he can be a solid 2nd-3rd stringer if they gave him a chance. Im also guessing if Maclin comes out and the Chiefs draft him he'll be nothing special also?

Maclin is a good WR, Franklin was what, fourth in receiving his SR year? And yes, if Franklin is such a great prospect many people would know of him, and he would have been drafted before the 4th round. Oh if he was so great, he probably could have at least been a top 2 receiver for his team his Sr. year. You wouldn't be high on him if he came from a college in NY, but you can't see that through your homerism.

DKKC
12-08-2008, 07:08 PM
haha homerism? thats not even a real word but you do make a point. Franklin is just a complimet to Webb, faster but his hands arent as good. If anything it's going to be a few years before we see him start to turn it around

kcchiefs_82
12-08-2008, 08:27 PM
It would be realy nice to have Maclin and not just because Im a mizzou fan. Its because he could be a great player. I could see a similar or better season than Eddie Royal has had.

Doc Fluty
12-08-2008, 08:36 PM
wasnt there like a LB from mizzou or somewhere we got.. like an undrafted guy or something.. but all the cats on here was raving about it...

whered that guy go

touchdown bowe
12-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Maclin is a good WR, Franklin was what, fourth in receiving his SR year? And yes, if Franklin is such a great prospect many people would know of him, and he would have been drafted before the 4th round. Oh if he was so great, he probably could have at least been a top 2 receiver for his team his Sr. year. You wouldn't be high on him if he came from a college in NY, but you can't see that through your homerism.

I actually would be high on him if he came from somewhere else besides missouri. 4th in recieving while in the spread offense which has about 4 recievers out there. Last year they did have Maclin, Coffman, & Martin who I think were ahead of Franklin. Maclin & Coffman are potential 1st round players. Martin was drafted by cleveland, day 2. Not entirely a bad thing to be 4th in his case.

RustShack
12-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I'll drop it, its impossible to get through to homers. How people think a WR who can't even be a top guy on his college team his senior year can be in the Pros is beyond me.

a_wood04
12-18-2008, 03:29 AM
IMO best picks that would go amazing if we signed Terrell Suggs from Baltimore for DE, and Jonathan Vilma from Saints for MLB. First player is with these two FA signings and second player is without the FA or just an extra possibility. (depends on spot as well)

1st Aron Curry at 6'2 247 lbs playing OLB from Wake Forest
Brian Orakpo at 6'4 260 lbs playing DE from Texas
2nd Alex Mack at 6'4 316 lbs playing C from Cal
Brandon Spikes at 6'3 244 lbs playing MLB from Florida
3rd Phil Loadholt at 6'8 350 lbs playing LT move him to our RT from Oklahoma
Eric Wood at 6'4 304 lbs playing C from Louisville
4th Phillip Hunt at 6'2 260 lbs playing DE from Houston <-great pick here
Zach Follett at 6'2 235 lbs playing OLB from Cal
5th Jordan Shipley at 6'0 195 lbs playing WR/ST from Texas
Marcus Thigpen at 5'9 195 lbs playing KR/RB from Indiana
6th Paul Fanaika at 6'6 337 lbs playing RG from Arizona State
7th Trimane Goddard at 6'0 195 lbs playing SS from North Carolina
Lydell Sargeant at 5'10 186 lbs play CB from Penn State

I still believe we might trade down a bit for more picks, but trading a few players could help us as well with the second and third rounds this year possibly having a ton of steals.(Larry comes to mind)

RustShack
12-18-2008, 03:31 AM
Since Suggs will stay in Baltimore I don't see that signing happening. Also why do you want Curry? Hes more of a 3-4 LB and we run the 4-3...

DKKC
12-18-2008, 12:56 PM
I'll drop it, its impossible to get through to homers. How people think a WR who can't even be a top guy on his college team his senior year can be in the Pros is beyond me.

Carl and Herm cant both be MU fans so they clearly had to have seen something else in the WR that makes them think he can come in and shine bright with time. I mean there are plenty examples where WRs drafted in later rounds go on to succeed. He has had some nice plays so far this year tho their arent many of them to count.

**CHIEFS**
12-18-2008, 02:56 PM
you mean like royal?

kcchiefs_82
12-18-2008, 03:13 PM

I like alot of late round picks that arent from Mizzou.... I like Robinson because he has made some plays in the return game. Im just saying that I think Franklin has alot of ability and yes there is no way to get it through your head if he wasnt from Mizzou I wouldnt like him so Im just gonna drop it to.

a_wood04
12-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Curry Plays OLB ina 4-3 d just like the Cheifs play at WF and is a great tackler. If anything he is better suited for the 4-3 than 3-4 because of his size and the fact that he is not exactly a sack master.

RustShack
12-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Hes more of a 3-4 LB in the NFL, and not every LB in the 3-4 defense is a "sack master"

RustShack
12-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Also if we are drafting a LB I would want a MLB, which Curry is not.

jonesy1524
12-18-2008, 05:54 PM
I like alot of late round picks that arent from Mizzou.... I like Robinson because he has made some plays in the return game. Im just saying that I think Franklin has alot of ability and yes there is no way to get it through your head if he wasnt from Mizzou I wouldnt like him so Im just gonna drop it to.

franklin has disappointed.
but honestly, i should of saw it coming. but i didnt want to face reality because hes a tiger.

touchdown bowe
12-18-2008, 06:15 PM
franklin has disappointed.
but honestly, i should of saw it coming. but i didnt want to face reality because hes a tiger.

Franklin has never really had the chance to impress til last sunday..He's been held behind Darling all season

kcchiefs_82
12-18-2008, 09:05 PM
How many catches did he get Sunday 4? well anyways on his first real chance to be the 3rd WR or at least get in the offense more he came out with 3 or 4 catches and that is not a bad game for a 3rd to 4th WR.

touchdown bowe
12-18-2008, 09:20 PM
its also common for a 3rd string WR to get about 1-4 catches a game in the spread offense..Not dissing franklin by any means because he broke tackles after his catches and fought for the 1st down

kcchiefs_82
12-18-2008, 09:28 PM
I thought Franklin did a pretty good job last week.

touchdown bowe
12-18-2008, 10:27 PM
He did..but im just sayin its not uncommon for a 3rd string WR to have 1-4 catches/game in the spread

kcchiefs_82
12-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Ya... I know that We run it at school... REMEMBER??

a_wood04
12-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Curry play OLB ina 4-3 in college, every single professional scouting guy including Mike Mayock of NFL network, Mel Kiper Jr., and Todd Mcshay of ESPN all have him as playing best in a 4-3 D at outside LB. And he is the highest of al LB on the board for any f those guys. Also I had them taking him if they where to get Jonathan Vilma in FA since he will not be a saint next year no matter what. Curry is the best of all LB in this draft in coverage, which is perfect for the Tampa 2, and he is great at getting to the ball carrier putting up 13.5 tackles for a loss OMG!

RustShack
12-19-2008, 01:58 AM
I think he CAN be a 4-3 OLB, but I think hes a much better fit for the 3-4 in the NFL. I wouldn't be opposed to having him, I just think Maualuga or even Laurinaties would be a better fit for our defense.

RustShack
12-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Hell scouts said Sedrick Ellis could be a 3-4 NT last year too.. he probably COULD line up there that doesn't mean he would be great there.

Gigantes4Life
12-19-2008, 02:03 AM
Hey Rust, what's the best site that risks college prospects by position that you know of?

RustShack
12-19-2008, 02:08 AM
I really don't have a clue... I haven't looked at any lately but I could try to find one tomorrow if you want me too.

Gigantes4Life
12-19-2008, 02:49 AM
That would be nice.

I've looked around but I'm not really sure which one is best. They're all very similar at the top, but I'm more curious with those later round guys.

a_wood04
12-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Well I defiantly agree that we need a MLB more so than OLB, but I truly believe that if the Chiefs want a successful draft they will at least have to get a couple of FA. Jonathan Vilma is as good or probably better than any MLB we would get in the draft, and something about the two main middle LB prospects has bust all over them. Maualuga blows plays, because, he knows his defense has his back, which that wont be an option for him in KC. Laurinaties did not play nearly as well this year as he did the year before which worries me a bit about him. And part of me wants them to go DE with Orakpo, but so many first round d lineman never work out so wanting to chance on people later like Phillip Hunt in round 4 is more my liking. Curry just really looks to be a locked stud here and in my opinion is the second best defensive player on the bard behind Malcolm Jenkins. So with Vilma not going to be resigned by NO he will go to another team and this is a guy that had a season with 169 tackles one year and then got injured the following season. Now he is back at full force and has played amazing for a terrible saints D. He can do it all and if we get this guy it makes our first pick in the draft that much easier.