PDA

View Full Version : Best home crowd in the NBA

Global Celtic
11-09-2008, 09:30 PM
What's the best home crowd in the NBA?
I watched a Celtics @ Thunder game a few days ago and I was impressed by Oklahoma's City fans.

And, for instance, Utah has a great atmosphere also.

But in your opinion, what's the best/most passionate crowd in the league?

ink
11-09-2008, 09:49 PM
It has been the GSW crowd for the last few years.

Ph1lly Diehard
11-09-2008, 09:49 PM
What's the best home crowd in the NBA?
I watched a Celtics @ Thunder game a few days ago and I was impressed by Oklahoma's City fans.

And, for instance, Utah has a great atmosphere also.

But in your opinion, what's the best/most passionate crowd in the league?

Utah/Los Angeles/Boston/New York when things go well :p

lakers4sho
11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Seattle fans...

tonercharmer
11-09-2008, 10:07 PM
LAKERS anyone remember when horry hit the 3 against the kings and the shot of the crowd ELECTRIC!

SAVAGE CLAW
11-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Jazz? they have always been there trough thick and Thin, i know someone will call me homer but im proud of Knicks Fandom too, ok we are very critic but we stay loyal and Msg is full even if we suck.

On the other side of the coin ill never Understand what happens to people in L.A, they look like if they were in the Opera or something, and are more concerned about looking good or watching Hollywood stars than in the game itself.

EddieB
11-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Lakers

grkmaster
11-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Utah/Los Angeles/Boston/New York when things go well :p

knicks crowd whether we suck or are good is always the ****!

kswissdaf
11-09-2008, 10:16 PM
sacramento

SensandRaps
11-09-2008, 10:26 PM
utah, la laker and toronto

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Jazz.

cmellofan15
11-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Laker's games are full of Celebrity's who need something to do in their spare time. Seriously, Jack Nicholas has season tickets so you know they don't get TOO hyped up.

On the other hand Piston's fans seem pretty rowdy LOL

mays217
11-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Warriors fans, no question.

SteveNash
11-09-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm always impressed by Portland's fans, even through their down years when they were rebuilding recently. They're not the rowdiest, but they seem like the smartest.

Hawkeye15
11-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Lakers?? They come late and leave early. And OKC fans, lets see how many of you attend in 3 years, when your teams still sucks. As far as fans, and complete loyalty, Portland, Golden St, and Utah seem to always be crazy

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Lakers?? They come late and leave early. And OKC fans, lets see how many of you attend in 3 years, when your teams still sucks. As far as fans, and complete loyalty, Portland, Golden St, and Utah seem to always be crazy

Honestly, I'm saying this as polite as I can, I implore you to know what your talking about or at least have a general idea of the subject matter before you type something. It makes you seem a lot more credible. Otherwise you will look like, well....... you.

Hawkeye15
11-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Honestly, I'm saying this as polite as I can, I implore you to know what your talking about or at least have a general idea of the subject matter before you type something. It makes you seem a lot more credible. Otherwise you will look like, well....... you.

coming from you, I will take that as a compliment. I will clarify something, Laker fans, like yourself, are for real. But most that go to the games, are not. The Laker ticket prices are out of control, and all those celebs, with a few exceptions, are there to be there, they could care less. Most of the real fans don't get to go to a ton of games, or they would be in the poorhouse.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-09-2008, 11:40 PM
coming from you, I will take that as a compliment. I will clarify something, Laker fans, like yourself, are for real. But most that go to the games, are not. The Laker ticket prices are out of control, and all those celebs, with a few exceptions, are there to be there, they could care less. Most of the real fans don't get to go to a ton of games, or they would be in the poorhouse.

I understand the stereotype. But that is not true for Laker games. I think you are mixing Dodger fans with Laker fans. Laker fans do not have a reputation for leaving early or arriving late. Dodger fans do. Which does have some truth to it. But while Laker fans will never be considered the loudest or most obnoxious fans, they are very passionate about the Lakers. They are usually there for the whole game. Are we quite sometimes, absolutely. But never is there empty seats. That is what I was referring to.

Hawkeye15
11-09-2008, 11:44 PM
I understand the stereotype. But that is not true for Laker games. I think you are mixing Dodger fans with Laker fans. Laker fans do not have a reputation for leaving early or arriving late. Dodger fans do. Which does have some truth to it. But while Laker fans will never be considered the loudest or most obnoxious fans, they are very passionate about the Lakers. They are usually there for the whole game. Are we quite sometimes, absolutely. But never is there empty seats. That is what I was referring to.

Hey dude, I am not trying to piss you off, I am going by what I see on TV, since I have never been to Staples. But it seems to be a big show, and the tickets are so expensive, I can't see how regular people can afford to be there every game, like a Sacramento for example. I could be wrong, and like I said, there are a huge number of Laker fans that follow every second of their team, but I just don't know how many of them are buying season tickets.

NYMNYRNYJNYK
11-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Laker's games are full of Celebrity's who need something to do in their spare time. Seriously, Jack Nicholas has season tickets so you know they don't get TOO hyped up.

On the other hand Piston's fans seem pretty rowdy LOL

there are clebrities at every knicks game. but it's the knicks who has the best fans, because win or lose (or just lose), we still support them.

I Am Awesome-O
11-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Grizzlies fans of course. I mean when people in your home stands have Allen Iverson jerseys on, you know you have support.

ironkobe
11-10-2008, 12:57 AM
lmao for the people who said lakers i can here the players talk on the court most of the time

Raidaz4Life
11-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Jazz although their fans are also the least classy group in the NBA too.... no joke complete a-holes but by far the best home crowd

OY!
11-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Jazz although their fans are also the least classy group in the NBA too.... no joke complete a-holes but by far the best home crowd

agreed. jazz fans are scums IMO. they even booed Karl Malone in his last year just because he's on a different team. that team might of been the lakers, but i mean, the Jazz's best player ever, booed by jazz fans? come on now :pity: i mean jazz fans have done enough when they throw beer bottles lol.

but they are the loudest in their home court ill give them that.

LeBrowns
11-10-2008, 01:38 AM
cavs games get pretty loud, but i cant make argument since ive only been to two other arenas

Mythman13
11-10-2008, 01:41 AM
Boston
No place is louder than the Garden

Flash812
11-10-2008, 01:46 AM
there are clebrities at every knicks game. but it's the knicks who has the best fans, because win or lose (or just lose), we still support them.

Maybe becuase there are like 20 million people that live in the metro area and only like 20,000 people can fit in MSG.

Just to be unbiased I say the Warriors do, every time I watch them the crowd is great.

$KnicksAndKobe$
11-10-2008, 01:48 AM
New york, Utah, and GS

Wake's Fastball
11-10-2008, 01:55 AM
Gotta give Detroit some credit here. I always hate seeing the Celtics need to go to Auburn Hills.

yojoe792
11-10-2008, 02:23 AM
LAKERS anyone remember when horry hit the 3 against the kings and the shot of the crowd ELECTRIC!

I was there....insane.

Lakers, Utah, GSW.

yojoe792
11-10-2008, 02:26 AM

Not so true.

There is no bigger fan in the world than Jack. Any sport, any city. EVER.

I get what your saying though. Only the richest of the rich get to go on a regular basis, but those who do go most games are real fans. Like David Beckham is not a fan. He goes when he feels, just to be there. But Jack, Toby, others are fans.

sportsnutzz
11-10-2008, 03:54 AM
I can't really argue the bad Jazz rap, it pisses me of also. We do like to get loud though :D