PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think this about Bondo?

Sheffies Chef
11-09-2008, 07:52 PM
If he can stay healthy from Opening Day until "Closing Day", does anyone but me think that Bondo could win 20 games, have a 3.5 era or lower and k 200 guys?

i don't have exact stats, but i do know that when he has been healthy, he has been dominant (beginning of '07, most of '06, when he was rolling in '08). it seems that he has finally learned to pitch and under Knapp i think could be our best pitcher with JV coming in second. idk, it's just a hunch.

thoughts?

Bondomania
11-09-2008, 07:59 PM
i am pretty sure we all know how i feel about him.. but i think that this clogged artery could have been a lingering injury from previous years, as his velocity was down from previous years, and i also think it was preventing him from getting on top of his slider to throw that real nasty slider.. and i think this year, he was starting to pitch his best baseball right before the injury. I think that Bondo could very well win 17 to 20 games, and have an ERA under 4.. i think if Knapp can finally refine that changeup and get him more comfortable throwing it he could be one of the most dominant pitchers in the AL

mark1125
11-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Anything is possible. I like Bondo and I think he has good stuff. IMO I think 20 games is a stretch. As of right now, I am not sure if he can keep it together for a whole season. He needs to get out of that 1st inning rut.

Lets face it. If the Tigers don't shore up that bullpen, they will blow a few wins for him. My outlook for Bondo in 09' 13-15 wins and an ERA in the low 4's. I wouldn't be overly disappointed with that.

hoog
11-10-2008, 08:47 AM
I've always been a big fan of Bondo but just like our entire rotation (whoever they may be?) I have absolutely NO expectations. I was so high on them this year and have predicted that Bondo and Verlander would be 20 game winners in the past that I am just going to let it be and just accept what I get. Between Verlander, Bondo, Galarraga, and a combination of Willis, Garcia, Robertson, and Minor I am hoping (not expecting) to have a decent or serviceable rotation.

smarkow
11-10-2008, 02:04 PM
It all depends on if these guys can throw strikes. Which is why we brought in the new pitching coach who preaches strikes.

Nizzle20
11-11-2008, 01:47 PM
The only thing i disagree with is the ERA. I doubt he will be under 4. Though taking for granted he remains healthy for the year, I think 20 wins is very attainable. And, no doubt what so ever for the 200 strike outs. In fact, if Bonderman was healthy all year he would no doubt pitch well of 200 innings, and I think would have between 230 and 250 strike outs. I think he is that good of a strike out pitcher. He has a career 7.35 K/9. In 2006 he had a 8.5 K/9 and 202 total Ks. 2006 was his where he was naturally progressing to. If it was not for the injury, that i have little doubt also effected him in 2007, I am sure he would be around 9 K/9 and about 225 innings.