PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on young season

enabring
11-09-2008, 05:57 PM
1. Mo Williams fits perfectly with this team, what a steal!
2. Mike Brown couldn't be happier with threesome rotation of West, Williams, and Gibson.
3. Wallace healthy like this reminds me quite of bit of Dennis Rodman with the Bulls, without the antics. That's a pretty nice piece of the puzzle to have.
4. Z is solid and very underappreciated
5. When Lebron is at the PF and Verajao at C, the Cavs can outrun any team in the league and still play respectable defense.
6. Finally, Lebron is only a season or two away from developing his overall game so much that he may actually average (gasp!) a triple double. He may be on his way to his first MVP this year, with better all around stats than last year (he won't average 30 a game this year, though) all while playing about 5 minutes less per game.

Buckwheat
11-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Sasha Pavlovic sucks dick harder than I do when I need coke.

Sbank
11-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Verajao needs to do less for offense and play defense. He not helping our offense by missing shots and coast some leads during the games.

EdTheRevelator
11-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Sasha Pavlovic sucks dick harder than I do when I need coke.

:laugh:How often is that? And do you know where we can get some for Sasha?

Hollywood Coal
11-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Lebron has become a much better teammate this year. I would love to see him complain less to the officials, though.

Varejo, while he still Yo-yos, by which I mean he still does the absolute worst things and the best things at times. It seems the gap is getting smaller and he is playing more consistently.

Sasha is done, look for the Cavs to move him at the trade deadline, along with expiring Wally. Not much to say here other than the guy looks just clueless out there.

JJ really needs some work, he is a year away from being ready to make an impact, although he is very athletic and active. I like his future.

Gibson has continued to play better and has become one of my favorite players.

Wallace is healthy, and is now active again, however he is so bad on the offensive end that he really hurts the team. He is my new worst player on the Cavs (taking over for Larry Hughes).

Mo is panning out to be a great pickup. The guy moves the offense without James, in fact it often times looks much more fluid when James in not out there. I cringe every time he takes a shot, thinking that he is going to be the next Larry Hughes, but the guy is a creator and a true point guard. On the other hand, when James is out there, I still see a lot of Mo dribbling the ball up the court and handing it off to James.

The offense gets way to stagnant at times. James takes the ball to the top of the key and just sits on it. I agree with him posting up more and driving the lane more, as he has really improved his free throws. I can't be too hard on him, because he has MVP numbers. I would like to see more offensive sets where the whole team has movement.

Defensively, the Cavs need work on the pick and roll. Z or whichever big guy ends up at half court running to pickup his guy underneath basket and the other team gets an easy bucket.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-10-2008, 03:10 PM
I like Mo a lot. I have seen his offensive game enough to know he could become a legitimate scorer. He has the mid range game that we needed for a long time. He moves the ball well too.

One thing I would like though is more aggression from him. I wouldn't mind more shots from him. I don't think 10 shots is enough from "your second option".

EdTheRevelator
11-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Wallace is healthy, and is now active again, however he is so bad on the offensive end that he really hurts the team. He is my new worst player on the Cavs (taking over for Larry Hughes).

You're making him the worst player on the team just because he doesn't score? You do realize he was an all-star, and he didn't score then too, right?

Cavs_Fan24
11-11-2008, 08:37 PM
To be honest, they've been playing a lot better then i expected. Even though they lsot to 2 games to good teams (Boston and NO) they played very well. I hope we can keep up this solid play.

Cavs_Fan24
11-11-2008, 08:41 PM
And i'd alos like to add that Ben has played much beyond expectation, even for us Cavs fans, and he doesn't hurt the team one bit. IMO, without him playing as well as he is. we would've gotten blown out by Boston, NO(but probably not as badly) and we'd probably be 3-4, not 5-2. His defense, and leadership has made a big difference, and he will be a key part to our team, and will have an above average season as long as he stays healthy.

Hollywood Coal
11-13-2008, 10:23 AM
I can't believe you guys stick up for Ben like this. I was surfing today and found the following from www.basketbawful.com.

Again the highlight here is that Ben is the highest paid player on the Cavs.

Ben Wallace: He had his fourth scoreless game (out of eight) of the season last night. He shot 0-for-3 and had only 4 rebounds. And get this: He's Cleveland's highest paid player this season at $14,500,000. Yes, you read that correctly. He makes more money than teammate LeBron James. [Insert maniacal laughter here.] Oh, and here's a little retroactive WotN: Two games ago, against the Pacers, Big Ben had zero points and zero rebounds in 19 minutes of lack-tion. It becomes increasingly unbelievable that, only two seasons ago, he was the hottest free agent acquisition in the league. Pretty soon, the sound technicians at Quicken Loans Arena are going to be ringing that gong for things like "sitting down to rest aching knees" and "rubbing Icy Hot on back to reduce spasms."

IndiansFan337
11-13-2008, 12:57 PM
I can't believe you guys stick up for Ben like this. I was surfing today and found the following from www.basketbawful.com.

Again the highlight here is that Ben is the highest paid player on the Cavs.

Ben Wallace: He had his fourth scoreless game (out of eight) of the season last night. He shot 0-for-3 and had only 4 rebounds. And get this: He's Cleveland's highest paid player this season at $14,500,000. Yes, you read that correctly. He makes more money than teammate LeBron James. [Insert maniacal laughter here.] Oh, and here's a little retroactive WotN: Two games ago, against the Pacers, Big Ben had zero points and zero rebounds in 19 minutes of lack-tion. It becomes increasingly unbelievable that, only two seasons ago, he was the hottest free agent acquisition in the league. Pretty soon, the sound technicians at Quicken Loans Arena are going to be ringing that gong for things like "sitting down to rest aching knees" and "rubbing Icy Hot on back to reduce spasms."
No one said Ben was worth his salary. We didn't sign him to that contract, so we can't be at much fault for his huge salary.

No one expects him to get 10+ ppg, but he is doing what we need him to do. Varejao will average more mpg this season than Wallace. So even though Wallace is the starter in name, he is not playing starter's minutes or closing in most games (partially because of his FT problems).

The bottom line is that we are glad to have a veteran like this guy on our squad. He's the opposite of Larry Hughes. He is a great teammate, a winner, he doesn't take bad shots. The only similarity is that they both are extremely overpaid. I think we won out on that deal. Not to mention we also landed West & Wally in that same trade! So taking on Wallace was definitely worth that "sacrifice".

23LBJCleBrowns
11-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Were just playing great ball this year.