PDA

View Full Version : Will LeBron get a championship ring in his career?

vince carter
11-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Will LeBron get a championship ring in his career?

dudeonthemoon
11-08-2008, 05:27 PM
not with the cavs

$ NyC $
11-08-2008, 05:28 PM
4 SURE. If he took no1 with him 2 the Finals i think he'll eventually have a good cast around him to win it all. He's one of those special players that can get you a ring you just need to provide them with a bit of help.

MiamiHeat
11-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Yes not with his current roster

mrblisterdundee
11-08-2008, 05:51 PM
I voted yes. Lebron james will never win a championship in Cleveland. The management and owner are too inept to surround him with the players necessary to go all the way. He will get tired of his team's mediocrity, move to another team, and win a championship.

laker1000
11-08-2008, 05:57 PM
yes, he still has many years to go.

dre1990
11-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Fo so

rosesbulls
11-08-2008, 06:03 PM
without a doubt he's only 23 no injury problems and will go down as second best all time. Hes only 23 Jordan was 26 when he first won and hes a little over a year when Kobe won at 22 so just give him time and he will win it all if he hasnt won in 5 years then MAYBE make this thread

DrDEADalready
11-08-2008, 06:11 PM
if he stays with the Cavs he won't. and least this point one man cant carry a team

JordansBulls
11-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Next month he will be 24, so I am sure he should be able to get 2-3 rings in his career.

DrDEADalready
11-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah he still has a long career ahead of him. But you have to think about the team he will be on. and also all the other Championship contender teams. The west is Flat out Stacked with contenders. so I don't think he will get any rings anytime soon. But in the future who knows.

Mane
11-08-2008, 06:24 PM
No.

_Sn1P3r_
11-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Yes he will.

G-Funk
11-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Yes, David Stern will make sure of that.

Redbull
11-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Not with the Cavs, maybe if he switches teams in a few years.

GspLAL
11-08-2008, 07:27 PM
4 SURE. If he took no1 with him 2 the Finals i think he'll eventually have a good cast around him to win it all. He's one of those special players that can get you a ring you just need to provide them with a bit of help.

Not if he doesnt develop some kinda shot, once he grows into his 29 30s+ he wont be able to power his way in all the time.

chicagowhitesox
11-08-2008, 07:58 PM
he'll get multiple championships

Sox Appeal
11-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Not if he doesnt develop some kinda shot, once he grows into his 29 30s+ he wont be able to power his way in all the time.

People where saying the same thing about Jordan early in his career. He was yet to develop a consistent jumper, and he was scoring the majority of his points driving in the paint. Then, as his career went on, he developed a jumper and turned into one of the best players of all-time.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-08-2008, 08:17 PM
"I gotta milion dollars says LeBron don't win a ring" -The Game

LeBrowns
11-08-2008, 08:24 PM
not with the cavs

yeah maybe with a team like the Knicks or the Nets

HAHA

cmstophe
11-08-2008, 08:26 PM
yeah maybe with a team like the Knicks or the Nets

HAHA

I laughed too. People are stupid.

Lebron will win the Cavs a championship. When it happens, I will be here and you can come back and tell me I was right. People are just too jealous of you guys (Cavs fans) so they like to try and be witty and say stuff like, "Not with the Cavs, lul, but once he takes over a horrendous/falling apart Knicks team, he will!"

Iodine
11-08-2008, 08:26 PM
LeBrowns - king of the insightful knowledge

I have no idea really who knows if next season he severes a nerve in his neck or his teamates get like, good

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
11-08-2008, 08:27 PM
I think so, if not then he'll be the 2nd best player never to get one.

cmstophe
11-08-2008, 08:29 PM
LeBrowns - king of the insightful knowledge

I have no idea really who knows if next season he severes a nerve in his neck or his teamates get like, good

Hmm.

*looks at Cavaliers so far this season*

His teammates are lookin pretty solid so far. But, will get no recognition because, um, they play in Cleveland, of course.

Iodine
11-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Hmm.

*looks at Cavaliers so far this season*

His teammates are lookin pretty solid so far. But, will get no recognition because, um, they play in Cleveland, of course.
Your really gonna make me have to look at that stats won't you?

Z is having his third worst rebound % so far this year
Mo is having the worst O rating since his rookie year
Ben is having his worst TS% and EFG% of his carrer
Gibson is the same as ben AND having the worst O rating of his carrer

Really impressive:rolleyes:

CHRISDODGERS
11-08-2008, 08:48 PM
yep...

OY!
11-08-2008, 09:13 PM
with the cavs? no.

Ph1lly Diehard
11-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I'll be bold and say no.

cmstophe
11-08-2008, 09:32 PM

Yet they're 4-2 with his teammates carrying Lebron at a lot of crucial moments this year, rather than the other way around? I watched the feed last night, Verajao was a beast and carried that team during a stretch and then Lebron finally turned it on. So did Mo, in the 4th quarter. They were men amongst boys.

They scoring points like crazy. I like how you mention Z's rebounding, but fail to realize Ben Wallace is looking healthy, rejuvenated, and has been a beast on the boards and with blocks.

Keep bashing them even as they win...come playoff time it'll be the same story when everyone predicts them to miss playoffs/lose in first round and they do neither.

I truly think they are the only team that can beat the Celtics this year in the ECF.

You see, unlike you, I don't just look at box scores. I actually watch the games. I think Lebron James is amazing and make a point to watch as many Cavs games as I can. Thus, I see these things rather than just looking at box scores, like you. Thus, I also know they are running a new offense, and that Delonte West has been superb so far.

Scheck
11-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Lebron sucks, he can't even beat DeShawn Stevenson

Nets fan 93
11-08-2008, 10:20 PM
If he leaves Cleveland in 2010 yes...

SAVAGE CLAW
11-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Yes, if he has not done so when he is 31 oe 32 or something the league will make up a unbalanced trade for him so he joins other failed goodies and win the ring by stealing three straight 7th games and then allowing his mates to use Knifes and Guns in the finals withouth calling them a foul.

Vinny642
11-08-2008, 10:33 PM
it would be a shame if he didnt but he needs some more players.

hdxstunts1
11-08-2008, 10:37 PM
I dont know. Not with the cavs. But if he i=goes to a New York or New Jersey also a no! I'm thinkin he will if gets to a big name place like Boston,LA, CHicago, San Antonio, Detroit, something like that. But i'm going to say no since he has loyalty for the cavs.

cmstophe
11-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Lebron sucks, he can't even beat DeShawn Stevenson

TRUTH

:speechless:

I dont know. Not with the cavs. But if he i=goes to a New York or New Jersey also a no! I'm thinkin he will if gets to a big name place like Boston,LA, CHicago, San Antonio, Detroit, something like that. But i'm going to say no since he has loyalty for the cavs.

What does the city have to do with it?

If he stays with the Cavs for his career, he'll never win a championship simply ... because...Cavs/Cleveland? Yet if he goes to Boston (rofl) he'll suddenly win a billion championships? Hmm.

GspLAL
11-08-2008, 11:45 PM
People where saying the same thing about Jordan early in his career. He was yet to develop a consistent jumper, and he was scoring the majority of his points driving in the paint. Then, as his career went on, he developed a jumper and turned into one of the best players of all-time.

Ok whats your point? Lebron isnt Jordan, you can't assume Lebron will develop a J just cuz Jordan did.

Lebron23
11-08-2008, 11:48 PM
He will win an NBA Championship, and Multiple Finals MVP.

cmstophe
11-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Damn Lebron shut down the Bulls tonight...with 3 pt shooting in the 4th....WHAT?!

KG#1
11-09-2008, 12:20 AM
hes too good not to get one
as we saw a few years ago he can take a terrible team to the finals
so if he gets a good team watch out

JJ81
11-09-2008, 12:31 AM
How could you know? There's loads of great players who never got rings and loads that have.

philab
11-09-2008, 12:33 AM

Is this serious?

Not only are you using statistics after SIX games, you're also picking and choosing stats to use.

Wallace's TS% and EFG%? Who the hell cares about his TS%? He's obviously not here for that, and a couple of % points lost in TS% don't really mean much when he takes MAYBE one shot a game.

Z's third worst rebound%? Maybe its the fact that Wallace, LeBron, and AV are getting so many rebounds.

Boobie has been slightly off, but our reliance upon him is far less than in the past.

What makes all this null anyway is the fact that they're 5-2 with the only two losses coming against Boston and New Orleans and both of those were on the road. I have no clue how good they'll be by season's end, but you certainly can't say they're off to a bad start.

And again, the season is very, very young.

philab
11-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Yes, David Stern will make sure of that.

Sign me up.

It's been too long -- I'll take it and not complain a bit.

DreamShaker
11-09-2008, 01:12 AM
People keep talking about his outside shot but his free throw shooting is the only thing holding him back....

cmstophe
11-09-2008, 01:19 AM
Is this serious?

Not only are you using statistics after SIX games, you're also picking and choosing stats to use.

Wallace's TS% and EFG%? Who the hell cares about his TS%? He's obviously not here for that, and a couple of % points lost in TS% don't really mean much when he takes MAYBE one shot a game.

Z's third worst rebound%? Maybe its the fact that Wallace, LeBron, and AV are getting so many rebounds.

Boobie has been slightly off, but our reliance upon him is far less than in the past.

What makes all this null anyway is the fact that they're 5-2 with the only two losses coming against Boston and New Orleans and both of those were on the road. I have no clue how good they'll be by season's end, but you certainly can't say they're off to a bad start.

And again, the season is very, very young.

Yes you can. Theyre the Cavs. Thus 5-2 is terrible. Cleveland is terrible. Lebron is terrible until he goes to the Nets and then he will obviously win 8 championships back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back.

oshea225
11-09-2008, 01:24 AM
no doubt in my mind he'll get one

SAVAGE CLAW
11-09-2008, 01:25 AM
Playing alongside 4 players that are not at the league top ten on their positions is what holds him back.

Look at the other conteders.

Lakers: Kobe and Pau both at top ten in their positions, Bynum Near if he isnt....

Suns: Nash, Stoudamire.... Shaq...Arguably.

Mavs: Dirk, Kidd.

Hornets: Paul, West.

Rockets: T-Mac, Yao,Artest.

Jazz:Williams, Boozer.

Pistons: AI,Prince, Rip, Sheed?

Raptors: Bosh, JO, Calderon.

Celtics: Pierce, Garnett.

Sixers: Iggy, Brand.

Magic: Howard, Lewis.....

Who has lebron? None of his starters are top ten right now....

cmstophe
11-09-2008, 01:31 AM
That is a very good point Savage.

However, you could argue Lebron is a more dominant player than every single one of the players you just listed, and the only one who'd have a case for being moreso than Lebron is Kobe.

We already saw Lebron take scrubs to the Finals. Now his team is 3x as good.

philab
11-09-2008, 01:40 AM
People keep talking about his outside shot but his free throw shooting is the only thing holding him back....

Again, only seven games so far, but he's at 77.3% (58/75).

Last four games have been 13/15, 15/16, 4/7, and 11/13.

I'll take 77% for the season, for sure. If he could knock down 80-85% I'd be ecstatic.

cmstophe
11-09-2008, 01:42 AM
His stroke looks much improved over the past 3 games...can he keep it up?

SAVAGE CLAW
11-09-2008, 01:42 AM
Thats why i always preffer a Lebron to a Kobe, because he could lead a lot of Crap into the finals, while kobe has FAILED to win the finals surrounded with a lot of talent.

Not to mention he has not gone further than the first round with a crappy suporting cast, and it never was As crappy as lebrons, you know? Caron Butler!!! Healthy Mihm!!!.

philab
11-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Healthy Mihm!!!.

:laugh:

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't quite think "Healthy Mihm" is worthy of THREE exclamation points. ;)

Kings Faithful
11-09-2008, 02:08 AM
He definatly will. But not with that roster right now.

Hellcrooner
11-09-2008, 03:52 AM
He will, either it is earning it , are having it handled to him by officials, but he will.

lakers4sho
11-09-2008, 04:53 AM

Lebron will win the Cavs a championship. When it happens, I will be here and you can come back and tell me I was right. People are just too jealous of you guys (Cavs fans) so they like to try and be witty and say stuff like, "Not with the Cavs, lul, but once he takes over a horrendous/falling apart Knicks team, he will!"

:laugh2:

What exactly is there in the Cavs that we should be jealous about??

Thats why i always preffer a Lebron to a Kobe, because he could lead a lot of Crap into the finals, while kobe has FAILED to win the finals surrounded with a lot of talent.

Not to mention he has not gone further than the first round with a crappy suporting cast, and it never was As crappy as lebrons, you know? Caron Butler!!! Healthy Mihm!!!.

Uhh last time I checked the Cavs failed to win even a single game in the Finals. Lakers could've won 3 had: 1) they not screw up game 4, and 2) the referees not screw them up in game 2

Lakersfan2483
11-09-2008, 05:09 AM
Championships are not guaranteed, but I think lebron is good enough to get a couple of rings before he retires. The main thing for him is to stay healthy and get the right group of players to help him win.

Lakersfan2483
11-09-2008, 05:13 AM

Your basketball IQ is low, he plays in the East and the year he went to the finals he had Larry Hughes, Z. Illgauskas, D. Gooden, E. Snow, who were actually a better supporting cast for him than what Kobe had. Kobe had Lamar, Walton, Mihm, Smush Parker, K. Brown.

The eastern conference has had 2, maybe 3 solid teams the past couple of yrs., get your facts straight when comparing teams and competition levels. Check the numbers for Lebron's supporting cast that season compared to the Lakers supporing cast. You also have to factor in the quality of competition faced. The west is a much tougher conference.

USMCLaker
11-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Yes not with his current roster

Ditto

stawka
11-09-2008, 08:23 AM
There's about 500 reasons as to why he will win a ring, and you have people coming in here saying "NO" with no explanation.

He is an extremely gifted player, and in his rookie year he was more physically gifted then Jordan was in his first year. This kid is gonna be something special. TAKE A LOOK AT HIM NOW FFS!

He will win a ring in his career - hopefully multiple. With all the hype around him, for such a young guy he has handled himself extremely well. I wish him nothing but the best. And if the Cavs don't get him some serious help, I hope he leaves.

ink
11-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Lebron is one of the best players to ever play in the NBA. I hope he gets more than one ring.

Draco
11-09-2008, 01:11 PM
He'll get more than one.. I think he's the most dominant player in the league since MJ. I don't, however, put any stock in him potentially being the best ever (the game just isnt as hard to play as it used to be.. and Lebron's success is as much due to overpowering physical strength as talent) but he's able to impose his will on a game like I've only seen MJ do before him.

Kabowdos
11-09-2008, 01:52 PM

LeBron has plenty of help right now and has had plenty in the past.

I think he will win a championship but he is just not ready or there yet. It is not because of his teammates.

JordansBulls
11-09-2008, 02:55 PM
LeBron has plenty of help right now and has had plenty in the past.

I think he will win a championship but he is just not ready or there yet. It is not because of his teammates.

:mad:

cmstophe
11-09-2008, 03:05 PM
:laugh2:

What exactly is there in the Cavs that we should be jealous about??

Uhh last time I checked the Cavs failed to win even a single game in the Finals. Lakers could've won 3 had: 1) they not screw up game 4, and 2) the referees not screw them up in game 2

LOL @ you making excuses. "Bu-bu-but the Lakers! Could've..COULD'VE...SHOULD'VE won...3 games!! In the finals!"

Oh, quit being a blowhard and blaming the refs :rolleyes: Lakers got shellacked in the Finals. Owned. Destroyed. They didnt even do much better than the Cavs. At least the Cavs didn't blow a 30 point lead at home, and kept fighting and clawing whereas the Lakers got absolutely destroyed in Game 6 to clinch the series for Boston. If you actually watched the Cavs-Spurs (you didnt), you'd know a few of those games were decided by a couple of points. Yet Cavs fans arent making excuses like you are.

So drop it. I swear, the superiority complex of Lakers fans everywhere is absolutely mind boggling.

Lakersfan2483
11-09-2008, 06:35 PM
He'll get more than one.. I think he's the most dominant player in the league since MJ. I don't, however, put any stock in him potentially being the best ever (the game just isnt as hard to play as it used to be.. and Lebron's success is as much due to overpowering physical strength as talent) but he's able to impose his will on a game like I've only seen MJ do before him.

The most dominant since MJ, huh?? Shaq has 4 rings since MJ's departure and so does Tim Duncan. Lebron has been great, but he's not ahead of those 2 guys for sure. Shaq has been the most dominant along with Duncan.

Jimmy3702
11-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Wud love to see the King get a Ring.

GspLAL
11-09-2008, 08:22 PM
LOL @ you making excuses. "Bu-bu-but the Lakers! Could've..COULD'VE...SHOULD'VE won...3 games!! In the finals!"

Oh, quit being a blowhard and blaming the refs :rolleyes: Lakers got shellacked in the Finals. Owned. Destroyed. They didnt even do much better than the Cavs. At least the Cavs didn't blow a 30 point lead at home, and kept fighting and clawing whereas the Lakers got absolutely destroyed in Game 6 to clinch the series for Boston. If you actually watched the Cavs-Spurs (you didnt), you'd know a few of those games were decided by a couple of points. Yet Cavs fans arent making excuses like you are.

So drop it. I swear, the superiority complex of Lakers fans everywhere is absolutely mind boggling.

Um, the referee situation wasnt an excuse, its a reason. People I know who hate the Lakers even agreed the game was ********, take your head out of your ***.

Judging from your post youre probably one of those fans who thinks games would never be setup.

lakers4sho
11-09-2008, 09:39 PM

Hey, look who's talking. At least we won a game in the Finals. The Cavs...uh nothing.

Draco
11-09-2008, 09:55 PM
The most dominant since MJ, huh?? Shaq has 4 rings since MJ's departure and so does Tim Duncan. Lebron has been great, but he's not ahead of those 2 guys for sure. Shaq has been the most dominant along with Duncan.

Shaq's been swept out of the playoffs in at least two series that I know of. Shaq and Tim have had help.. Lebron, not so much and that's why it's particularly easy to see Lebron's impact.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Well the lakers got Robbed in the finals , thats for sure but still Lebron lead a team to the finals OUT OF HELP.

lakers4sho
11-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Well the lakers got Robbed in the finals , thats for sure but still Lebron lead a team to the finals OUT OF HELP.

meaning he only played 1-on-5 basketball??

Of course his teammates had to contribute something somehow. I remember Boobie Gibson being a key factor in one of the series...

EddieB
11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Lebran wants to play with the Lakers, so yes he will get a ring

SAVAGE CLAW
11-09-2008, 10:13 PM
^I really doubt he would go to the lakers to share court with that guy on your Sig, Hollywood wouldnt be big enough for both their Egoes.

If Kobe Opted out and left, then Maybe.

EddieB
11-09-2008, 10:17 PM
^I really doubt he would go to the lakers to share court with that guy on your Sig, Hollywood wouldnt be big enough for both their Egoes.

If Kobe Opted out and left, then Maybe.

They were good friends in the olympics, plus Kobe getting up their in age, will turnover the team to Lebran

cmstophe
11-10-2008, 12:02 AM
They were good friends in the olympics, plus Kobe getting up their in age, will turnover the team to Lebran

No.

You don't really believe this do you? Seeing as you can't correctly spell 'Lebron', I doubt it.

LeBrowns
11-10-2008, 01:35 AM

Im tired of people looking over Clevleand and trying to tear down one of the only good things that's happened to this city sports wise.

LA_Raiders
11-10-2008, 01:39 AM
he is going to a rebuilding team after Clev...Unless he goes to Det, or LA...

LeBrowns
11-10-2008, 01:45 AM
he is going to a rebuilding team after Clev...Unless he goes to Det, or LA...

which is where I question why LeBron would want to build up a 17-65 team in 2003 to redo it all over again in 2010