PDA

View Full Version : The NBA really isn't the same anymore!!

BBWCNO21
11-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Its funny how they closed my thread... it in no way was a bad thread. It simply stated the facts that now a days the NBA is worthless to be a fan of. You can shut down my thread all day long but in no way have I violated any rules. Your just mad that I'm up here speaking the truth. Your probably a fan of the NBA so this offends you but it's called a forum and there is a thing called freedom of speech. My thread was done in a mature way.

(original thread)...............
Now-a-days when I open the newspaper and read the sports section, THE NFL sports section, it's hard not to notice the fact that Seattle Supersonics are no where to be seen within those standings. Yeah of course I'll take heat for this thread but ask me if I care. I'm aware by now the team I grew up to no longer exists and are now called some dumb name and located approximately some 1,000 miles away from Seattle. I use to love watching the NBA but over the last 10 years there has been so many changes within this sport that has just drove it into the ground. All my friends that use to be NBA fans don't care for the sport anymore, love to play it just like I but don't care to watch it anymore. I use to be able to name every player on every NBA team and now they are just full of no-names aside from the guys you hear on TV everyday. In my opinion, I can tell you where they went wrong. During the early 90's there were trades within the NBA there always have been but never have I seen one team trading 6 or 7 players to another team for 6, 7 players, THIS IS ridiculous.... also even though I'm not sure they are still doing it but when they let all these guys come straight out of high school and not even attend college that also ruined the game. I want to watch guys earn money that have did there time in the college game, guys who have talent and learned how to play basketball not these kids with raw talent. The move of not taking care of one of our NBA teams that has many, many loving fans in the Seattle Supersonics (I know what happened, no need to tell me or explain to me) was an extremely bad move as well. It's all about the money and thats all good and all but we also must take into consideration the fans love of the game. Without us they are nothing... I'd continue with this thread but it's time to go unfortunately but now a days the NBA is all about the jerseys not the players, it's about fashion, targeting the young kids with these jerseys, selling and making money. You can't be a fan of a team anymore because every 5 minutes a team is trading there players. Good example, 2 games into this season and here they are shopping players, COULD THEY HAVE NOT DONE THIS BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED? It all about marketing...... THE NBA NOW, IS JUST A REALLY HUGE JOKE>>>> They should learn something from the NFL...

superkegger
11-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah, reposting a closed thread, real mature. If you don't like the NBA, don't watch it and don't post about it.

daleja424
11-08-2008, 03:09 PM
I respect your right to dislike the NBA but it sounds like sour grapes to me. If you really didnt like the NBA for the past 10 years then you wouldnt give a damn that they took the sonics away from seattle.

xxepo
11-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Its all about the money , everyone has to get payed is it hard for you to understand that . Its called business there is this thing called a cap if a team is not making enough money other teams suffer . K THX BYE

G-Funk
11-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Every sports have ther good and bad things.

DreamShaker
11-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Nothing is ever the same....

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-08-2008, 03:48 PM
How do you expect something to be the same after 10 years?

superkegger
11-08-2008, 03:50 PM
How do you expect something to be the same after 10 years?

hehe, your name is no longer relevant. i don't know why i just find it funny, got a good chuckle out of it.

$ NyC $
11-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Well. Trades happen and they always have. You are no longer allowed to jump into the NBA from HS. I would rather develop myself in the NBA with an NBA staff instead of a college staff also. All the things you stated haven't really changed the NBA. BTW there are ALWAYS trade rumors and teams are always looking to improve that's just how it works.

nygiants242
11-08-2008, 04:05 PM
dont repost closed threads..

WestCoastPhan
11-08-2008, 04:08 PM
I love the NBA, especially as a warriors fan..every game is fun to watch whether we win or lose, but the league definitely isn't the same as it used to be back in the Jordan era when he was what everybody was talking about.

That day and age is gone, now our league is starting to get a lot of international players to shake things up, eventually a new era will be established that we can all look back on. Will it be better than the Celtics era, Magic and the Lakers, Jordan and the Bulls, Kobe and Shaq...i duno but i'll be watching, and if you aren't then thats ur problem, but i got love for the game, some ppl dont.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-08-2008, 08:19 PM
hehe, your name is no longer relevant. i don't know why i just find it funny, got a good chuckle out of it.

:laugh2: haha yea thanx.

MiamiHeat
11-08-2008, 08:36 PM
:laugh2: haha yea thanx.

you should ask
Wrigleyboy25 to change Melo with Wallace or whoever you want in the pistons

TheHoopsProphet
11-08-2008, 08:41 PM
I feel you BBW. This is a matter of opinion, not intended for flaming, that a lot of thought was put into. And the moderators delete it, without any concern of the effort put into the post. I've had a lot of threads deleted in the past where I put time and effort into, and were deleted, some without any legitamate reason why, a "wtf" for reason of deleting seems to be the common excuse. Sometimes they don't even feel they need to give the person who posted it a reason for deleting it. Just, deleted. Although I disagree with you on your post, Its good to have opinions from the other side of the spectrum.

richardle9
11-08-2008, 09:12 PM
its called CHANGE :p

DreamShaker
11-09-2008, 01:34 AM
you should ask

He's a Nuggets fan.....so AnthonyCarterMelo=killaduo would be the winner....

dodgers07champs
11-09-2008, 01:54 AM
you should ask

Can you really do that? I wish..just look at my name..:(

T-Wolf
11-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Its funny how they closed my thread... it in no way was a bad thread. It simply stated the facts that now a days the NBA is worthless to be a fan of. You can shut down my thread all day long but in no way have I violated any rules. Your just mad that I'm up here speaking the truth. Your probably a fan of the NBA so this offends you but it's called a forum and there is a thing called freedom of speech. My thread was done in a mature way.

Now-a-days when I open the newspaper and read the sports section, THE NFL sports section, it's hard not to notice the fact that Seattle Supersonics are no where to be seen within those standings. Yeah of course I'll take heat for this thread but ask me if I care. I'm aware by now the team I grew up to no longer exists and are now called some dumb name and located approximately some 1,000 miles away from Seattle. I use to love watching the NBA but over the last 10 years there has been so many changes within this sport that has just drove it into the ground. All my friends that use to be NBA fans don't care for the sport anymore, love to play it just like I but don't care to watch it anymore. I use to be able to name every player on every NBA team and now they are just full of no-names aside from the guys you hear on TV everyday. In my opinion, I can tell you where they went wrong. During the early 90's there were trades within the NBA there always have been but never have I seen one team trading 6 or 7 players to another team for 6, 7 players, THIS IS ridiculous.... also even though I'm not sure they are still doing it but when they let all these guys come straight out of high school and not even attend college that also ruined the game. I want to watch guys earn money that have did there time in the college game, guys who have talent and learned how to play basketball not these kids with raw talent. The move of not taking care of one of our NBA teams that has many, many loving fans in the Seattle Supersonics (I know what happened, no need to tell me or explain to me) was an extremely bad move as well. It's all about the money and thats all good and all but we also must take into consideration the fans love of the game. Without us they are nothing... I'd continue with this thread but it's time to go unfortunately but now a days the NBA is all about the jerseys not the players, it's about fashion, targeting the young kids with these jerseys, selling and making money. You can't be a fan of a team anymore because every 5 minutes a team is trading there players. Good example, 2 games into this season and here they are shopping players, COULD THEY HAVE NOT DONE THIS BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED? It all about marketing...... THE NBA NOW, IS JUST A REALLY HUGE JOKE>>>> They should learn something from the NFL...

I agree with everything you said! There is nothing to be added... Everything is truth!!!

cambovenzi
11-09-2008, 09:12 AM
I agree with everything you said! There is nothing to be added... Everything is truth!!!

:rolleyes:

your team moved, cry me a river?
nothing you said is really bad about the league.
big trades? how is that bad?

you not knowing players is not the leagues fault or our fault.
watch some BBall.

if high school players are good enough to make an NBA team then why not?
b/c you dont know them? thats not a good reason. they bring as much interest as anyone. kobe, tmac, KG, lebron, etc.
and now they cant even do that anymore, so you are talking about nothing.

the hapless supersonic franchise got moved.
its called economics.
sure you are pissy that your team moved away, and that lowers your interest, but no need to start talking nonsense about the league.

Wilson
11-09-2008, 01:01 PM

I think every thread I've seen Killaduo post in since the trade, the only responses he's gotten have been laughing at his name. I don't think anyone's going to take him seriously anymore...

lakers4sho
11-09-2008, 01:23 PM

Again, I wouldn't bother reading this one just like the other one. Learn how to use punctuations first.

DreamShaker
11-10-2008, 12:23 AM
Again, I wouldn't bother reading this one just like the other one. Learn how to use punctuations first.

Maybe he's special....be sensitive.

Fury
11-10-2008, 12:28 AM
i think he should be able to speak his mind without having it closed by a person just becuz he disagrees...thats why its called an opinion we should be able to say w.e we feel thas why forums and blogs exist!!!

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-10-2008, 12:34 AM

If you want me to read this book your going to have to break it up in paragraphs and chapters. Too long! You have to take into account the people with ADHD. We cant sit through such rambling.

LeBrowns
11-10-2008, 01:51 AM
I wish there was a way for teams from way back when to play teams from now to see how better or worse the league has really become.

BBWCNO21
11-19-2008, 05:32 PM
dont repost closed threads..

first off dude when this thread was originally posted it had not been up but maybe 15 minutes and then was closed by one of the mods for no reason what so ever. Yeah of course not everyone agreed with what I had to say but I was being honest and of course took good criticism with no problem. The mod that had closed it had no reason other then being an NBA fan and not caring for what I had to say.... before you go yapping telling me to not post closed threads... do your math.... I'll post what I want....

BBWCNO21
11-19-2008, 05:36 PM
If you want me to read this book your going to have to break it up in paragraphs and chapters. Too long! You have to take into account the people with ADHD. We cant sit through such rambling.

well maybe you need to go back to school... your short 3 sentence reply was more rambling and worthless of a post then my originally thread.... nice try duh-dah

superkegger
11-19-2008, 05:40 PM
or maybe your post actually does suck.

Sixerlover
11-19-2008, 05:43 PM
I mean that is sports. A lot of things change.
10 years ago Quarterbacks weren't treated like girl scouts by the front office of the NFL, and Steriods was the thing to do in baseball. I think the game is still great, and anticipate every season when it nears.

BBWCNO21
11-19-2008, 05:46 PM

Again, I really don't care what you would bother reading.... you don't stand for those that are out there that might want to take a minute and read.... you don't like forums???? stay away.... I'll speak my mind and post what I want.... It's funny how you just told me to "learn how to use punctuations first".... when you can't even do it yourself....PUNCTUATION'S. Get a life

superkegger
11-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Again, I really don't care what you would bother reading.... you don't stand for those that are out there that might want to take a minute and read.... you don't like forums???? stay away.... I'll speak my mind and post what I want.... It's funny how you just told me to "learn how to use punctuations first".... when you can't even do it yourself....PUNCTUATION'S. Get a life

It's funny how you're offering criticism of the NBA, and while I'm not sure what you're expecting peoples reaction to be, it seems you would want people to agree with you, or at least disagree respectfully, yet there is no way I'm going to do either when you can't take criticism of your post gracefully.

unwantedplayer
11-19-2008, 05:51 PM
its a change deal with it

Lakersfan2483
11-19-2008, 05:57 PM
In my opinion, the NBA was at it's best in the 80's and early 90's.

BBWCNO21
11-19-2008, 06:00 PM
:rolleyes:

your team moved, cry me a river?
nothing you said is really bad about the league.
big trades? how is that bad?

you not knowing players is not the leagues fault or our fault.
watch some BBall.

if high school players are good enough to make an NBA team then why not?
b/c you dont know them? thats not a good reason. they bring as much interest as anyone. kobe, tmac, KG, lebron, etc.
and now they cant even do that anymore, so you are talking about nothing.

the hapless supersonic franchise got moved.
its called economics.
sure you are pissy that your team moved away, and that lowers your interest, but no need to start talking nonsense about the league.

it's guys like you that would ruin a franchise.... if a kid has enough talent to make it into the NBA then he should do a damn good job in college, I can wait to see just how much talent he has after he has done his time in college... with that being said that rule no longer applies so moving on to your next wonderful point... your telling me to watch some bball? my friend I don't want to watch some basketball because it's not the same anymore. Can you read? And I'm far from "pissy" why don't you go back to school... with your vocabulary it's looks as though you may need to. I was a Seattle fan but I would feel the same way about Portland, Atlanta, New York, Boston, Miami, Golden State, Denver and every single other NBA team if the idiots running the show tried moving them. See I'am an NBA fan and have been one for a very long time but I can still say the NBA sucks now-a-days and that I don't care to watch it anymore and describe in detail where I think things went wrong... that's why they have created this thing called a forum.

BBWCNO21
11-19-2008, 06:03 PM
It's funny how you're offering criticism of the NBA, and while I'm not sure what you're expecting peoples reaction to be, it seems you would want people to agree with you, or at least disagree respectfully, yet there is no way I'm going to do either when you can't take criticism of your post gracefully.
unfortunately I have to disagree with you... that particular guy was not offering criticism of my post, but rather referring to my grammar.... I don't need you to agree with me... honestly by all means disagree, I love it

superkegger
11-19-2008, 06:08 PM
I really don't understand why you think the NFL is so much better than the NBA. The NFL is just as much about money as the NBA. If not more so. Are there problems with the NBA, yes, or course. But the game changes, thats how it goes. Like SL said, steroids used to be what baseball was about, and QB's weren't the biggest nancies in all of sports.

You say:

You can't be a fan of a team anymore because every 5 minutes a team is trading there players. Good example, 2 games into this season and here they are shopping players, COULD THEY HAVE NOT DONE THIS BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED? It all about marketing......

The NFL and MLB are 10x worse. They are all about the bottom line, because you see star running backs being let go(edge, which was apparently a good move by indy), star corners being cut midseason(hall), the franchise tag, etc... Things change, and you just sound like a grumpy old man who just passed a kidney stone.

BBWCNO21
11-19-2008, 06:08 PM
its a change deal with it

lol... do you think I go to bed at night with the NBA and it's carnival ways on my mind? No, I don't think so.... I felt as though I could voice my opinion and that's what I did.... yeah it's a change alright. You can say that again a million times over, and it will never amount to what this game was in the early 80's, early 90's....

dudeonthemoon
11-19-2008, 06:21 PM
idiot

BBWCNO21
11-19-2008, 06:24 PM
I really don't understand why you think the NFL is so much better than the NBA. The NFL is just as much about money as the NBA. If not more so. Are there problems with the NBA, yes, or course. But the game changes, thats how it goes. Like SL said, steroids used to be what baseball was about, and QB's weren't the biggest nancies in all of sports.

You say:

The NFL and MLB are 10x worse. They are all about the bottom line, because you see star running backs being let go(edge, which was apparently a good move by indy), star corners being cut midseason(hall), the franchise tag, etc... Things change, and you just sound like a grumpy old man who just passed a kidney stone.

Please show me in the NFL where a football team recently or in the past has traded 4,5,6 players at a time to another NFL team. And your stretching my words.... Every sport is about money, but it's another story when it comes down to how that particular sport is run. MLB has rebounded a bit from this steroid thing where organizations and franchises are re-gaining a little respect but the NBA and it's no-salary cap b.s. are just for the birds man. Yeah Hall just got cut and there have been a few players here and there that have but we will not use Edge as an example because you make no sense in that regard, the guy is old and if he can not produce, then he will get benched/used sparingly until he is eventually cut but in no way can you compare the 2 sports. If the NFL didn't have the franchise tag or it's salary cap then we might as well dress the guys up in shirts and shorts and through them a basketball because the very well respected sport of the NFL will go from riches (not meaning just money but respect as well) to rags.... I'm 28 years old my friend so before you go preaching to the choir stop being a hypocrite

BBWCNO21
11-19-2008, 06:25 PM
idiot

you must have just came straight out of high school.... it shows

superkegger
11-19-2008, 06:39 PM
You know I would bother to respond again, but you clearly are just an unhappy person pissed off at the world for some reason much deeper than your dislike of the NBA. No matter what I say, you're just going to continue to write long paragraphs with poor grammar and run-on sentences.

If you don't like the NBA, that's absolutely fine with me. I happen to love it. I think it's absolutely wonderful. Thing is, I don't really understand why you're whining about not liking the sport in an NBA forum. Clearly you just like to incite drama and rile people up.

So go on, keep being pissed off about how the NBA is no longer the same. It's you're every right. Just know that no one really gives a ****.

BBWCNO21
11-19-2008, 07:29 PM
You know I would bother to respond again, but you clearly are just an unhappy person pissed off at the world for some reason much deeper than your dislike of the NBA. No matter what I say, you're just going to continue to write long paragraphs with poor grammar and run-on sentences.

If you don't like the NBA, that's absolutely fine with me. I happen to love it. I think it's absolutely wonderful. Thing is, I don't really understand why you're whining about not liking the sport in an NBA forum. Clearly you just like to incite drama and rile people up.

So go on, keep being pissed off about how the NBA is no longer the same. It's you're every right. Just know that no one really gives a ****.

Poor grammar... and **** is good grammar? Please guy... spare me. The correct way to close out your hypocrite paragraph that just as many could care less about reading would be that YOU could really give a **** about what I have to say. Sorry man but you can't speak for everyone. Your the one who sounds pissed off. I was just having a conversation here. See thing is... your just like that mod that originally deleted my first post 15 minutes after posting it... you don't care to hear anyones opinion on a sport you like so you cut me down for posting a thread about what I think of the NBA.... hey don't respond, I don't care, your not worth the time anyway.... it's a forum man, lightening up !!!