PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker goes down with an ankle sprain, out 2 wks!

Lakersfan2483
11-08-2008, 05:23 AM
The Spurs are in serious trouble this season, Manu is out indefinititely and now Tony Parker just went down with a high ankle sprain. Are the Spurs in danger of missing the playoffs?

Note: I understand the season just started, but prior to the Parker injury, San Antonio was off to a terrible start. They are lacking talent and depth on their team.

DerekRE_3
11-08-2008, 05:25 AM
Ouch. They may be fighting to just get into the playoffs. They really can't afford any injuries. George Hill is going to have to step up big time.

Duncan = Donkey
11-08-2008, 05:58 AM
good news

Big Quett
11-08-2008, 06:09 AM
If Parker is out for any significant time they are done. With TP they were only 1 and 3. And with him out they could go winless

LakerzDQ
11-08-2008, 06:30 AM
good news

oh, come on now...

bad news for the Spurs. if it's two weeks, they might have a chance at catching up, but the west is so tight that a few games can cost them a playoff spot in the end.

Duncan = Donkey
11-08-2008, 06:41 AM
oh, come on now...

bad news for the Spurs. if it's two weeks, they might have a chance at catching up, but the west is so tight that a few games can cost them a playoff spot in the end.

exactly, 2 bad weeks in the west and you cand find yourself fighting for that 7/8 seed

JJ81
11-08-2008, 06:44 AM
good news

Come on, don't celebrate a players injury.

snickers
11-08-2008, 08:23 AM
right now the spurs are the colts of the nba.

OY!
11-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Well it's nice knowing ya Spurs.

Gilbert>TheRest
11-08-2008, 10:28 AM
im a wizards fan so i now how this feels

JordansBulls
11-08-2008, 11:08 AM
The Spurs are in serious trouble this season, Manu is out indefinititely and now Tony Parker just went down with a high ankle sprain. Are the Spurs in danger of missing the playoffs?

Note: I understand the season just started, but prior to the Parker injury, San Antonio was off to a terrible start. They are lacking talent and depth on their team.

Then whomever is the #1 seed or #2 seed better watch out because they wouldn't want to play the Spurs in round 1 once all 3 guys are healthy.

BullsNumber1Fan
11-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Then whomever is the #1 seed or #2 seed better watch out because they wouldn't want to play the Spurs in round 1 once all 3 guys are healthy.

Exactly what I was going to say! Although, they won't be able to do anything IMO because they are going to have to go all out just to make it to the playoffs and will have no energy come April.

MiamiHeat
11-08-2008, 01:19 PM
To tell you the truth Me and my dad were watching the Heat game and when Parker twisted his ankle me and him had a little smile in our faces but it was just our competitive self smiling but I wish him the best hope but now he has to stay home with Eva Longoria :drool:

_Sn1P3r_
11-08-2008, 01:29 PM
That'll hurt the Spurs for sure. The Big Fundemental gotta take over now.

Joshtd1
11-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Well TD has been playing great. Its not him that needs to step up. Mason has been doing great as well...it going to have to be our rookie George Hill, along with people like Micheal Finley who cant make a shot anymore.

Joshtd1
11-08-2008, 04:17 PM
right now the spurs are the colts of the nba.

Tell me about it....they are both my favorite teams, for the NBA and NFL:(

Lindystud36
11-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Just spectualation now, but the Spurs were in trade proposals on this website to make a play for eddy curry in a 3 team trade with the knicks and warriors. How about now the spurs call up the knicks and see is there is a way to make a package so that the spurs can end up with Curry and Steph? Knicks will obv get Al Harrington and not to sure what the warriors would get, leave that up to the gm's. But it makes sence for the spurs because with Steph's contract they can probably get him for cheap( as in trade value)

Ideas, reactions to this??

nady4president
11-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Tony Parker was that bug you could never squash,but now he's finally squashed, but only for about 2 weeks.