PDA

View Full Version : Underdog win of the night

JJ81
11-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Which of the follow was the best underdog win?

1. Charlotte Bobcats beat New Orleans Hornets. (Hornet's 7-point-second-quarter didn't help).

2. Atlanta Hawks beat Toronto. (Debatable who was the underdog).

3. New Jersey Nets beat Detroit Pistons. (Iverson's first game with the Pistons).

4. Chicago Bulls beat Phoenix. (Shaq needed a rest).

5. Sacramento Kings beat Minnesota Timberwolves. (Debatable who was the underdog).

JordansBulls
11-08-2008, 02:34 AM

1. Charlotte Bobcats beat New Orleans Hornets.

2. Atlanta Hawks beat Toronto.

3. New Jersey Nets beat Detroit Pistons.

4. Chicago Bulls beat Phoenix.

5. Sacramento Kings beat Minnesota Timberwolves.

Bobcats over Phoenix

JJ81
11-08-2008, 02:36 AM
Bobcats over Phoenix

They didn't play eachother tonight.

Rosh
11-08-2008, 02:36 AM
Bobcats over Phoenix

In some weird twisted crossover game?

dodgers07champs
11-08-2008, 02:37 AM
Atlanta over Toronto? IMO Atlanta is better than them, but i'll go with the Bobcats.

JJ81
11-08-2008, 02:43 AM
Atlanta over Toronto? IMO Atlanta is better than them, but i'll go with the Bobcats.

Yeah, I shouldn't have included that one, sorry. :shrug:

rico
11-08-2008, 02:44 AM
i say bobcat sbeating the hornets. bulls murdered the suns :) we have a good team, things wouldve been a bit different with shaq there though.

JJ81
11-08-2008, 02:47 AM
Personally, I think it was either Bulls beating the Suns or Bobcats beating the Hornets.

MGB
11-08-2008, 02:50 AM
Bobcats over Phoenix

I was going to go with teh Grizzlies over the Seahawks :shrug:

SAVAGE CLAW
11-08-2008, 02:54 AM
Grizz vs Gs?

Arent they supposed to end bottom of the league? they are 3-2 Now......

Like MY KNICKS who all of the writers put clearly at the bottom of the east!!!! He He He.... Playoffs here we go....

JJ81
11-08-2008, 02:57 AM
Grizz vs Gs?

Arent they supposed to end bottom of the league? they are 3-2 Now.....

Yeah but they both went into the game with the same record. And I'd say Grizzlies > Golden State.

Like MY KNICKS who all of the writers put clearly at the bottom of the east!!!! He He He.... Playoffs here we go....

Calm down, we're only a few games in.

S.J.Basketball
11-08-2008, 02:59 AM
suns didn't have Shaq or Barnes and Nash played just 20 minutes...who was the underdog in that match? Yea. Think again.

superkegger
11-08-2008, 03:11 AM
Hornets are a popular pick for the championship and they lose to the bobcats, thats got to be it, without a doubt. I don't know if sac or minny is an underdog in that game, both are hoping they can be considered average, and ATL is undefeated, while Toronto has struggled. ATL isn't the underdog. And while Phoenix would be the favorite, with no shaq or barnes its a different game...bobcats for sure.

JJ81
11-08-2008, 03:15 AM
suns didn't have Shaq or Barnes and Nash played just 20 minutes...who was the underdog in that match? Yea. Think again.

So, going into that match, Suns were the underdogs? If you become an underdog half-way though the game, it doesnt really count...

JJ81
11-08-2008, 03:27 AM
What about the Nets spoiling Iverson's Pistons debut?

All the hype around Iverson helping to bring Detroit the championship?

theimortalone
11-08-2008, 03:40 AM

1. Charlotte Bobcats beat New Orleans Hornets. (Hornet's 7-point-second-quarter didn't help).

2. Atlanta Hawks beat Toronto. (Debatable who was the underdog).

3. New Jersey Nets beat Detroit Pistons. (Iverson's first game with the Pistons).

4. Chicago Bulls beat Phoenix. (Shaq needed a rest).

5. Sacramento Kings beat Minnesota Timberwolves. (Debatable who was the underdog).

Definitly the Bobcats game. They played the Hornets very well. The Chicago/Phoenix game wasnt really an upset. The suns were not playing with two of their starters. Barnes and Shaq. IMO I dunno if Terry Porter will rest shaq that much anymore after this game.

JJ81
11-08-2008, 03:54 AM
Definitly the Bobcats game. They played the Hornets very well. The Chicago/Phoenix game wasnt really an upset. The suns were not playing with two of their starters. Barnes and Shaq. IMO I dunno if Terry Porter will rest shaq that much anymore after this game.

I'd be upset if my team (a supposed championship contender) lost to a team like that.

theimortalone
11-08-2008, 03:57 AM
I'd be upset if my team (a supposed championship contender) lost to a team like that.

haha so what are you saying that I am did not pick the Bulls/Suns game because Phoenix is my team? And If you didnt realize not having shaq in tonight really hurt them. But I dont blame the game on Shaq not playing tonight. I blame the team itself. The only player who played his *** off was Amare. The rest of the team looked like absolute ****. They deserved to lose that game.

JJ81
11-08-2008, 04:06 AM
haha so what are you saying that I am did not pick the Bulls/Suns game because Phoenix is my team? And If you didnt realize not having shaq in tonight really hurt them. But I dont blame the game on Shaq not playing tonight. I blame the team itself. The only player who played his *** off was Amare. The rest of the team looked like absolute ****. They deserved to lose that game.

You miss understood me, I didn't take notice of you being a Phoenix fan.

This season - Suns. Bulls. Underdog = Bulls.

They dont have the talent Phoenix has. I know Shaq and Barnes were out but Phoenix are contenders this season, Bulls aren't.

S.J.Basketball
11-08-2008, 04:21 AM
So, going into that match, Suns were the underdogs? If you become an underdog half-way though the game, it doesnt really count...

2 of their 5 starters were gone. Tell me again why the Suns weren't the underdogs? I'm sure the Spurs would love to tell you about that also.

S.J.Basketball
11-08-2008, 04:26 AM
You miss understood me, I didn't take notice of you being a Phoenix fan.

This season - Suns. Bulls. Underdog = Bulls.

They dont have the talent Phoenix has. I know Shaq and Barnes were out but Phoenix are contenders this season, Bulls aren't.

:confused::confused:

We're going by a game to game basis...not a look at the entire season and the expectations. The Suns were missing 2 key starters who produce a lot leaving them undermanned in THIS GAME. Advantage = Bulls.

theimortalone
11-08-2008, 04:27 AM
:confused::confused:

We're going by a game to game basis...not a look at the entire season and the expectations. The Suns were missing 2 key starters who produce a lot leaving them undermanned in THIS GAME. Advantage = Bulls.

Exactly.

Hellcrooner
11-08-2008, 04:35 AM
Obama winning conference finals against Hillary and then winning the Ring.

JJ81
11-08-2008, 04:35 AM
2 of their 5 starters were gone. Tell me again why the Suns weren't the underdogs? I'm sure the Spurs would love to tell you about that also.

Suns werent the underdogs because they have the better team this season. I'm not gonna explain again. I think you just like arguing rather than seeing my reasoning.

S.J.Basketball
11-08-2008, 04:40 AM
Suns werent the underdogs because they have the better team this season. I'm not gonna explain again. I think you just like arguing rather than seeing my reasoning.

FAIL.

Read my post above again.

JJ81
11-08-2008, 04:45 AM
FAIL.

So what if they had starters not playing? We didn't know that until the game started. They chose not to play Shaq.

theimortalone
11-08-2008, 04:46 AM
FAIL.

Wow how does he not get that? I got it perfectly S.J.

JJ81
11-08-2008, 04:46 AM
I was hoping to add Clippers beat Rockets to this list... as well as Indiana beat Cleveland but neither happened :(

Duncan = Donkey
11-08-2008, 05:56 AM
bobcats for sure