PDA

View Full Version : NBA really does just suck!!

BBWCNO21
11-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Now-a-days when I open the newspaper and read the sports section, THE NFL sports section, it's hard not to notice the fact that Seattle Supersonics are no where to be seen within those standings. Yeah of course I'll take heat for this thread but ask me if I care. I'm aware by now the team I grew up to no longer exists and are now called some dumb name and located approximately some 1,000 miles away from Seattle. I use to love watching the NBA but over the last 10 years there has been so many changes within this sport that has just drove it into the ground. All my friends that use to be NBA fans don't care for the sport anymore, love to play it just like I but don't care to watch it anymore. I use to be able to name every player on every NBA team and now they are just full of no-names aside from the guys you hear on TV everyday. In my opinion, I can tell you where they went wrong. During the early 90's there were trades within the NBA there always have been but never have I seen one team trading 6 or 7 players to another team for 6, 7 players, THIS IS ridiculous.... also even though I'm not sure they are still doing it but when they let all these guys come straight out of high school and not even attend college that also ruined the game. I want to watch guys earn money that have did there time in the college game, guys who have talent and learned how to play basketball not these kids with raw talent. The move of not taking care of one of our NBA teams that has many, many loving fans in the Seattle Supersonics (I know what happened, no need to tell me or explain to me) was an extremely bad move as well. It's all about the money and thats all good and all but we also must take into consideration the fans love of the game. Without us they are nothing... I'd continue with this thread but it's time to go unfortunately but now a days the NBA is all about the jerseys not the players, it's about fashion, targeting the young kids with these jerseys, selling and making money. You can't be a fan of a team anymore because every 5 minutes a team is trading there players. Good example, 2 games into this season and here they are shopping players, COULD THEY HAVE NOT DONE THIS BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED? It all about marketing...... THE NBA NOW, IS JUST A REALLY HUGE JOKE>>>> They should learn something from the NFL...

alexander_37
11-07-2008, 11:05 PM
its mandatory to wait a year out of highschool to get to the nba now

and these ' no names ' are usually the new rising stars what do u expect shaq and kobe and KG to play forever :pity:

JIDsanity
11-07-2008, 11:22 PM
NBA is the ****

Kaptain Kanada
11-07-2008, 11:37 PM
God that was hard to read. Don't they use punctuation and grammar in Seattle??

You're just pissed that your team is gone... don't be bitter.

chicagowhitesox
11-07-2008, 11:41 PM
i didn't even read your post. but based on your title, just stop watching the nba then.

superkegger
11-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Shark Attack!!

But seriously...

Since when has the NFL not been based on marketing?

nastylikedwade
11-08-2008, 12:26 AM
????? what a thread!!

cmellofan15
11-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Well...this is pointless

cahawk
11-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Yes, the NBA is getting more and more a joke.
And Stern & the sleazy okc owner raped your Seattle team & fans.
And one of the posters told you, "stop watching the nba".
The old love it or leave it line.

So I guess if nba refs are fixing games, don't correct the problem just stop watching the nba....

MGB
11-08-2008, 01:13 AM
I actually do kind of agree with you in a way... if you are old enough to have grown up watching the Jordan-Bird-Stockton-Kemp-Magic era, you understand. The NBA just isn't what it was back then. Most of the people I know who grew up watching that era just don't care about it anymore.

I think a big part of what has turned away a lot of fans is the Hip-Hop culture and attitude that has overrun the league. With it has come over the top flashyness, and you don't see as much true "team basketball," which can be seen if you look at some of the more recent Olympic performances by NBA players (save 2008).

JJ81
11-08-2008, 01:24 AM
If you think it sucks why are you on here?