PDA

View Full Version : luol Deng or Ben Gordon

nastylikedwade
11-07-2008, 10:44 PM
I think the bulls should have signed ben Gordon instead of loul deng. What do you guys think

Afridi786
11-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Yeah Deng is a scrub.

_Sn1P3r_
11-07-2008, 10:58 PM
They have both players still don't they?

IndyRealist
11-07-2008, 11:04 PM
They have both players still don't they?

Yes, but Gordon's playing on a qualifying offer, which means that he'll be an unrestricted free agent next summer. The money that could have gone towards his contract went to Deng.

NJrockPD
11-07-2008, 11:24 PM
I think Deng contributes in more ways where as BG just puts points up. If Ben has an off night shooting he really can't do anything for the team. He can't get other players shots, he can't rebound and he definetly can't play d. Deng can put some points up but he is also an excellent rebounder and a good defender. Deng is an overall better player, even when he doesn't score he is still contributing, Ben is just a liability.

redwhitenblue
11-07-2008, 11:32 PM
OMG, Deng started this year cold while Gordon has played eh okay (still can't play D), let's make rash decisions about who deserved the contract based on 5 games!

Draco
11-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Pointless thread. It wasn't an either/or scenerio. The Bull's tried to sign BG along with Deng.

nastylikedwade
11-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Pointless thread. It wasn't an either/or scenerio. The Bull's tried to sign BG along with Deng.

The reason why i asked the question was whether it was wise for the bulls to make signing luol deng a priority instead of making it their priority to sign ben Gordon to a long term deal. With all due respect, i don't think this thread is pointless.

DamnGoat
11-08-2008, 12:29 AM
They offered Gordon a long-term deal too, he just didn't accept.

Then when he finally realized he wasn't worth the money he was demanding their offer was off the table.

Like Draco said, it wasn't an either/or scenario. They tried to keep both and as far as I know, one wasn't more of a priority than the other. Deng just signed first and Gordon (and his agent) tried to inflate his value all summer, likely costing him a good chunk of money.

He'll get paid by someone else next summer, but I doubt it'll be the $10-11M per the Bulls were offering.

MGB
11-08-2008, 12:35 AM
I think Deng contributes in more ways where as BG just puts points up. If Ben has an off night shooting he really can't do anything for the team. He can't get other players shots, he can't rebound and he definetly can't play d. Deng can put some points up but he is also an excellent rebounder and a good defender. Deng is an overall better player, even when he doesn't score he is still contributing, Ben is just a liability.

A-motha-****ing-men! You hit the proverbial nail on the head.

MDD
11-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Why is it that everbody trying to make Deng more than what he is, the dude can't score on his own gets burn by other #3's and he is jealous of Rose. One more then I'm tired of peole that says he's still young he have time to grow, the man jumping ability,speed and quickness are not going to get any better to become Lebron,Carmelo,Paul or Caron. He's just another overrated college player.

hdxstunts1
11-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Loul Deng. He's in a slump thats all. All Ben Gordon can do is shoot, cant defend,cant handle pressure with ballhandling, is small, greedy, and ballhog. Not the player the bulls need!!!!!

redwhitenblue
11-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Why is it that everbody trying to make Deng more than what he is, the dude can't score on his own gets burn by other #3's and he is jealous of Rose. One more then I'm tired of peole that says he's still young he have time to grow, the man jumping ability,speed and quickness are not going to get any better to become Lebron,Carmelo,Paul or Caron. He's just another overrated college player.
So much stupid in such a condensed post.

NYMetros
11-08-2008, 12:42 AM
I would rather have Deng on my team. He isn't as good of a shooter, but he plays better defense, rebounds, and can drive to the basket more easily. He is capable of scoring 17-20 points per game.

I definitely don't think he's jealous of Rose. That's just not true.

MGB
11-08-2008, 12:43 AM
So much stupid in such a condensed post.

:laugh:

I was about to post something similar, but in a more round-about way...

If Deng gets "burn by other #3's" (not exactly sure how to "get burn") what do opposing #2's do to Ben Gordon?