PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster Trade? Thoughts

The Magic Man
11-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Im a magic fan and I thought of a trade and wanted some Hornets fans thoughts on this proposed trade with the magic.

Magic Trade: Dwight Howard, Chris Lee
Hornets Trade: David West, Tyson Chandler, 1rd draft pick

Lineup
pg:Paul/James
sg:Peterson/Lee
sf:Stoj/Posey/Wright
pf:Ely/Wright
c:Howard/Armstrong
Don't know your whole roster

I think you guys would lose 2 allstars but you gain a superstar and a young sg. I think you would still be one of the best teams in the west and CP3 and SUPERMAN would dominate for the next decade. You lose depth but I think you could trade Peja for a solid pf to get more size to contend with the lakers.

Would you do this deal if it was offered.

Deuce22
11-08-2008, 05:37 PM
lmao!!!!!!!!!!

Flash812
11-09-2008, 01:27 AM
UUUUUUMMMMMMM.

NO!

If it aint broke don't fix it. Hornets are already one of the best teams in the league, that trade would make them worse.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-09-2008, 10:26 PM
UUUUUUMMMMMMM.

NO!

If it aint broke don't fix it. Hornets are already one of the best teams in the league, that trade would make them worse.

Agreed.

CP3+D12 would be very scary though.

THE MTL
11-10-2008, 12:22 AM
How about you guys try to get Gerald Wallace. I would love to see Chris Paul throwing alley-oops to Wallace.

thephoenixson28
11-10-2008, 05:11 PM
If I was a hornets fan I would do that trade in a heartbeat having one of the best pg plus one of the best centers in league you can't go wrong with that. Im a phoenix suns fan and I would trade nash, diaw and shaq for dwight howard imagine amare and dwight. I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it.

wolf3742
11-11-2008, 12:16 PM
I always loved the thought of CP3 and Howard playing together on what it would be like... I also thought that the only way to get Howard is to give West and Chandler but giving up both for Howard only is not that wise. Problem is, CP3 needs shooters for the team to be more effective which David West is. If Hornets in someway can find a shooting PF that can consistently shoot that open mid ranger. It may not be as good as West. I would take the offer but I think Orlando would need to add another player to make the salary work.

Storch
11-12-2008, 04:45 AM
Deal! My favorite pg and c on the same team. Awesome!

thapharcyd
11-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Man I like the Hornets... but I love that trade!! Would be even better.

Flash812
11-13-2008, 01:20 AM
We need depth at PF and C, not to give everything we have up for 1 player even if that player is DHoward. Look at the Lakers, they are unbeaten do to the depth of big men and every other position.

wwwhat
11-13-2008, 06:35 PM
I'd do this trade in a heartbeat if I were NO. Trading 2 rather injury prone big men for the best center in basketball that played in all 82 games last season and a nice rookie combo guard is a no-brainer.

_Sn1P3r_
11-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Hornets lose to much depth in my opinion.

KB24PG16
11-16-2008, 12:46 AM
no

fishfan79
11-19-2008, 12:21 AM
if howard is going there paul is going back the other way no way orlando does that trade

Ansy
11-29-2008, 06:42 AM
New Orleans would be so dirty if they made this trade. The best center and the best point guard on the same team. The last time we saw the best players at two positions on the same team was Kobe and Shaq and they won 3 championships in their 6 years together. Assuming these guys don't have personality issues there's no reason to believe they couldn't stay together for more than a decade and win 5-6 rings.

They probably wouldn't get one this year because they'd be sacrificing their depth to pull it off, but at the end of the season (and for the next 12 years) veteran free agents would flock to them and it's not too hard to find a reasonable 2 and 4. Those might even be the two easiest positions to fill.

The Magic shouldn't do this though. You don't trade the best center in the game. Especially not if he's 22.

king4day
12-03-2008, 04:08 PM
I'd do it since Chandler is injury prone and both players only proved their worth while playing with Paul. Howard did it without a great PG.
If the Celtics can fill the team with role players, then so can N.O.

JAZZNC
12-03-2008, 05:45 PM
If the Hornets got this offer and didn't do it they would be ********. Might not be as good this year but from here on out they would be much better.

That said, there is no way the Magic trade Howard for anyone that any team would be willing to offer. Maybe Kobe or Lebron and those guys aren't getting traded either so in the end it makes no sense.

celticfan
12-03-2008, 09:51 PM
yeah Orlando would never do this

ramz.n
12-21-2008, 02:37 PM
if howard is going there paul is going back the other way no way orlando does that trade

would do it in a heartbeat, but true they wouldn't give up a 20 something year old Monster who is dominating at rebounding and finishing above the rim if West is the main player traded

ramz.n
12-21-2008, 02:41 PM
we'll give Peja and David West or Peja, Chandler and 1st for howard, there no way West and Chandler and a 1st is packaged.

pg Paul
sg Butler or mo pete
sf posey
pf West
c howard

or

pg Paul
sg butler
sf posey or mo pete
pf howard
c chandler

either way this team would be very good, as a matter of fact posey is an upgrade at the defensive end + hes only a letter downgrade from Peja on offense

S-Dot
01-02-2009, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=The Magic Man;7249189]Im a magic fan and I thought of a trade and wanted some Hornets fans thoughts on this proposed trade with the magic.

You are a Magic fan and considering a trade with Dwight Howard for players other than CP3...wow. To answer your question though, that trade may not get New Orleans to the Finals this year but after one offseason and restructuring a supporting cast, that would make the Hornets dominant

futureheisman
01-02-2009, 04:18 PM
no

Chapin78
01-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Thats to much for us to give up but DHoward and CP3 on the same team is ridiculous. I say no to that.

saintdrew
01-16-2009, 04:19 PM
that trade would never happen, we need to stop talking about it

carlo4444
01-17-2009, 06:19 AM
i would not pass up on that trade the best c in the league and pg i mean come on

Sixerlover
01-17-2009, 06:34 AM
UUUUUUMMMMMMM.

NO!

Magic fans deserve to say this MUCH more than Hornets fans right now

CP3_Beast09
01-18-2009, 09:20 PM

Yeah for right now but wait till later on down the road.

Rhino
01-19-2009, 04:06 AM

Well considering there are only about 3 decent teams in the east I would have to disagree. The Hornets are slowly putting it back together and I wouldn't say they are worse then the Magic in fact I would say they are about even right now.

kambion
01-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Im a magic fan and I thought of a trade and wanted some Hornets fans thoughts on this proposed trade with the magic.

Magic Trade: Dwight Howard, Chris Lee
Hornets Trade: David West, Tyson Chandler, 1rd draft pick

Lineup
pg:Paul/James
sg:Peterson/Lee
sf:Stoj/Posey/Wright
pf:Ely/Wright
c:Howard/Armstrong
Don't know your whole roster

I think you guys would lose 2 allstars but you gain a superstar and a young sg. I think you would still be one of the best teams in the west and CP3 and SUPERMAN would dominate for the next decade. You lose depth but I think you could trade Peja for a solid pf to get more size to contend with the lakers.

Would you do this deal if it was offered.
dude, are you crazy? this is HORRIBLE for the magic. David West is a perimiter, face to the basket forward, and so is hedo and so is lewis. The magic NEED him to open it up for all of the shooters on their team, David West just wouldnt be able to do that for the magic, and with jameer nelson, he wont get anywhere as many good oportnities for easy buckets...

ANOTHER thing, Howard brings scoring AND shotblocking, tyson chandler wont be anywhere as good of player with nelson at pg, and david west cant block shots...so you lose A LOT if you execute this crazy crazy trade.

Yankees12Magic
01-25-2009, 06:55 PM
who is chris lee i could of sworn his name was courtney lee

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Magic would never do this trade, there is just to much upside to Howard, and that's pretty scary because of his current play.

JerzeyFresh
01-28-2009, 07:58 PM
great trade i couldnt imagin how many assists Cp3 would have

JPHX
02-08-2009, 03:49 PM
you guys need the power and fury of the one and only Shaquille O'Neal. We'll take that dude Tyson Chandler off your hands. No biggie.:p

Wilson
02-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Wow, Dwight Howard and Chris Paul would be an amazing combo.

I don't think the Hornets need to make any major trades though. They're in a different situation than the Lakers were last season. They had an injury, and were able to make an addition which would help then and fit into the team when Bynum came back from his injury.

With the Hornets, they can't bring in any big time perimeter player, because it'd be hard to mesh that with Chris Paul. They can't bring in any big time big, because there will be no room to fit them with West and Chandler.

The Hornets will be fine when they come back from their injuries.

williemac
02-10-2009, 08:47 PM
what's up guys. ok, all of us hornets fans all seem to agree that we need a solid two guard. I mean we have paul at the point, dwest at the 3, peja at the 4 and tyson at center. We tried devon brown, antonio daniels, and even posey getting minutes in that spot but nobody really seems to fit. What if we go down to Orlando and get an unhappy guy who's not getting any minutes off the bench: JJ Redick. I mean a couple years ago this guy was the player of the year in college hoops, has unlimited range, and is begging to play. We give devon brown and shawn marks for him. Basically costing us the same but now we have a solid two guard who doesnt have to do it all himself. I mean you cant double him....leaving peja or posey wide open. Look, the guy is a spot up shooter, when paul penetrates, you have him, peja, and mo pete ready to knock it down, o yea, and dwest ready to bust the midrange jumper. Bottom line is, the guy wants to play and will listen to instructions from cp and the rest of the squad. His contract is very workable and the magic just signed another guard(Lou). Plus, with this, we still get to keep chandler who everyone seems to think is the problem, he's not. Trust the wishful GM lol!

mgsports
02-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Who is Chris Lee?