5. Joe Johnson, Atlanta Hawks
6. Carlos Boozer, Utah Jazz
7. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
8. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
9. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
10. Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs

MiamiHeat
11-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Comment: Just look at those defensive digits -- three thefts, two rejections per. Someone asked him if he could bring that defensive intensity he had in Beijing back to South Beach (or just across Biscayne Bay). Looks like he did. Wade's all-around game hasn't been this sharp since that championship season in '06. Easy. I'm not saying the Heat are going to The Finals. I'm just saying: Flash is back. It's good to have him back.

:clap:
Finally he made it in the top 10

_Sn1P3r_
11-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Fair rankings.

thapharcyd
11-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Amar'e top 3!! That's good to see. Rankings seem fair. Good to see Joe Johnson getting some recognition.

laker1000
11-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Fair rankings, nice to see joe johnson so high but the season is still young

leftymo
11-07-2008, 05:39 PM
I guess the rankings are fair. I was going to complain about Kobe being #1 (and I'm a Laker fan) but realizing that it was him that pushed LA past Denver, and him that finally came around to push LA past LAC also.. I guess.

Parker's good game doesn't offset their under .500 record.

Atlanta's & Utah's best players should get consideration.

But yeah, best player on the best team having a superior statistical season = MVP.

The Intimidator
11-07-2008, 05:50 PM
No Celtics on this list...

bidi_nash
11-07-2008, 05:51 PM
I like the rankings especially CB4 number 5

superkegger
11-07-2008, 05:55 PM

as there shouldn't be at this point.

cuttygiantsfan
11-07-2008, 06:25 PM
TP9 should be #1 right now

S.J.Basketball
11-07-2008, 06:32 PM

Pierce is playing awful...at least shooting wise. 38% from the floor. UGH!

He's shooting 65% from the free throw line too. Averaging 17 points a game. Not MVP material my friend.

The other 2 superstars are averaging 15 points a piece. So tell me...why should they be on there at this point?

_Sn1P3r_
11-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Amar'e top 3!! That's good to see. Rankings seem fair. Good to see Joe Johnson getting some recognition.

He deserved it. After all, the Hawks are still undefeated.

bleedprple&gold
11-07-2008, 07:39 PM
My fantasy team has Lebron, Dwight Howard and Joe Johnson, all in the top 10. Great picks by me!

daleja424
11-07-2008, 08:16 PM
My fantasy team has Lebron, Dwight Howard and Joe Johnson, all in the top 10. Great picks by me!

how many teams in the league? 3? 4 maybe?

The Intimidator
11-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Pierce is playing awful...at least shooting wise. 38% from the floor. UGH!

He's shooting 65% from the free throw line too. Averaging 17 points a game. Not MVP material my friend.

Those numbers are based on one bad game against the Pacers where he shot 3-15. That's also the only game the Celtics lost so far. If you take out that game, Pierce is shooting 43 percent from the floor. The free throw shooting will improve, and "The Truth" will be an MVP candidate by season's end, just like the Celtics will be at the top of the Eastern Conference.

kingkobe
11-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Those numbers are based on one bad game against the Pacers where he shot 3-15. That's also the only game the Celtics lost so far. If you take out that game, Pierce is shooting 43 percent from the floor. The free throw shooting will improve, and "The Truth" will be an MVP candidate by season's end, just like the Celtics will be at the top of the Eastern Conference.

Oh no!! Watch out..The GOAT is coming!!

All hail to the 43% shooting one of the greatest players who should be the MVP!

And this isn't towards you Intimidator. Its towards Pierce who thinks all so mighty of himself. He better get his game straight. And 65% from FT?? That's worse than Tim Duncan. come on now.

JordansBulls
11-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Rankings should stay the same as last year until the 1st month passes.

nastylikedwade
11-07-2008, 10:10 PM
I won't be surprised if D wade ends up being the MVP. If he is healthy and they make it to the top 6 in the east, i think he can get it.

Hawkeye15
11-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I won't be surprised if D wade ends up being the MVP. If he is healthy and they make it to the top 6 in the east, i think he can get it.

Find me an MVP in the last 10 years, that was on a team that wasn't a top 3 team. It is simply the best player on the best team award at this point. Nothing more. Nash may have been one, but he brought a team that lost Amare for the season to a top record. I can't remember where they finished that year.

cahawk
11-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Wow, a couple of games into the season and we have mvp mania?
Lebron was the real mvp last year but media hype won out over substance.

JJ81
11-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Why put Tony Parker in the top 10 though? He had one great game but his team is second from last in the west and third from last overall.

Macedonian
11-08-2008, 01:54 PM
I like the rankings especially CB4 number 5You mean number 4, right?
4. Chris Bosh, Toronto Raptors

G-Funk
11-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Wow, a couple of games into the season and we have mvp mania?
Lebron was the real mvp last year but media hype won out over substance.

his team should have gotten more wins.

G-Funk
11-08-2008, 03:22 PM

It's pretty hard putting a Celtic on when he has 2 hall of famers making his life much easier.

OrderOfCook
11-08-2008, 09:48 PM
The pedagogy of the MVP has certainly changed over the last decade or decade and a half, and the 'way' they get ranked now produces a list like this one. It's a fair list, all the players on it are having great starts to the season and their teams are doing well.

However, if the MVP award was really about the best individual player in the NBA (including his contributions to the team as both a leader and gameplay, but not including how well his team is doing in rankings) then I think generally everyone would have to agree that Kobe and Bron bron sit in a different sphere from virtually every other player in the NBA. There are a couple dozen players that can 'go off' and have insanely good nights, even some players that have consistently great nights (Amare comes immediately to mind) but none of them are worth the value of a Kobe or LeBron.

codes238
11-09-2008, 09:55 AM
this season's MVP race is basically a 2 man race between chris paul and lebron, one of those guys is winning it for sure

JayW_1023
11-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Well Celtics fans, THIS is how us Spurs fans feel every damn year. Be happy you guys are defending champs while still being under the radar.