PDA

View Full Version : What each team needs to be able to win it all: East

JayW_1023
11-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Hawks: Size...their center is Al Horford who is really a powerforward...they need a long athletic rebounder who will help in the weakside defense and score around the hoop. Their niche is the transition game and another post player would help if they struggle in the half court and the outside shot isn't falling.

Bobcats: Playmaking, a pass first point guard...a guy who will orchestrate the offense and makes plays. They have alot of athleticism and individual talent. They just need that glue guy who provides leadership and be the coach on the floor. Brown is banking on young DJ Augustin, since Felton has been moved to SG more often.

Heat: Depth...outside their core of Haslem, Beasley, Marion and Wade they need a guy to step up. Mario Chalmers has helped but they have no bench which will give their stars a heavy load to carry.

Magic: Rebounding and a point guard. Nelson is courageous and underrated, but their backcourt still needs work. They need another big who will open up the floor for Howard with a solid high post game...although Lewis is growing more comfy at the 4 he still is a 3.

Wizards: Health, interior defense and a good rotation. Too much inconsistency in Jordans rotations...they also need some toughness up front.

Bulls: Interior scoring...most of their guys are perimeter oriented. Gooden is their best offensive big and he often looks clumsy and confused when there is a help defender thrown at him.

Cleveland: Another solid offensive big...Z is aging and injury prone and Wallace and Varejao are strictly hustle players.

Pistons: A clutch scorer that can go back and forth with the best in the league...which Iverson is. If they can still be efficient on both ends they'll be a very tough, well-rounded team withy their depth and versatility. Who can replace Billups' playmaking?

Pacers: Someone who can rebound the ball and be an intimidator around the rim.

Bucks: Consistency from their role players...and Bogut getting a meanstreak...and someone who can tell Charlie Villenueva the difference between a good and a bad shot.

Celtics: A lockdown defender who can fill the defensive void left by Posey...could that be Tony Allen?

Nets: An up and coming go to scorer...Vince Carter has never been suited as the first option on a team.

Knicks: Someone who can run the floor in a hurry and finish, and a pass first point who can push the ball and see the floor.

Philadelphia 76ers: A consistent sniper from long range who will make teams pay for over playing their wings' dribble penetration or Brand on the block.

Toronto Raptors: A banger who will do the dirty work...someone who fills the Charles Oakley role and shores up the toughness.

Kaptain Kanada
11-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Toronto Raptors: A banger who will do the dirty work...someone who fills the Charles Oakley role and shores up the toughness.

I was thinking they could use a slashing scorer more than a banger.

nstojic
11-07-2008, 12:21 PM
hey, raptor fan here, doing my part for my team

i disagree, what we need IS a legit scoring threat from either the 2 or the 3... preferably the 3.. not a top tier guy but someone who could avg 12-18 ppg and be the 2a or 3rd option on the team..

JayW_1023
11-07-2008, 12:23 PM
You guys could be right...especially since the whole Bargnani experiment hasn't worked out as planned so far.

Good points.

marvILLous
11-07-2008, 12:37 PM
yea.. a slashing wing man who can score and defend is needed more than a banger. Jermaine is doing a good job anchoring our inside defence. Not to mention, bargnani is leading the team in blocks and actually trying to rebound the ball this year.

We need like a corey maggette, richard jefferson, etc..

Gibby23
11-07-2008, 01:04 PM
I think the heat need a center and they would be good, just a young legit 7 footer that can play D.

JordansBulls
11-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Knock off Boston is what someone has to do and if that happens, then any team of Cleveland, Detroit, Toronto, or Orlando can take it.

_Sn1P3r_
11-07-2008, 07:24 PM
yea.. a slashing wing man who can score and defend is needed more than a banger. Jermaine is doing a good job anchoring our inside defence. Not to mention, bargnani is leading the team in blocks and actually trying to rebound the ball this year.

We need like a corey maggette, richard jefferson, etc..

Yeah I agree. A slasher will put us over the top IMO.

The Intimidator
11-07-2008, 08:29 PM
In order for the Celtics to stay at the top of the Eastern Conference, they need to stay hungry. If they just fight as hard as they did last year, they'll get it done.

MiamiHeat
11-07-2008, 08:32 PM
The Heat also need a good C

IndyRealist
11-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Every point on every team is valid. I have absolutely nothing to add to this thread. Except, good job.