PDA

View Full Version : Rockets game should had been over

Rockets4Life
11-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Did everybody see that the game should had been over when yao ming made the turnaround fadeaway with 1.9 secs left. Watch the clock when it starts ticking down. The clock stops at 0.8 when the ball is STILL in the air. The game should had been over with that shot. I cant believe the TNT people did not catch it when I did watching it at home. The Nba has got to see that. Everyone watch it and let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x9Xh3kYx5I

NYKnickFanatic
11-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Once the whistle is blown, the clock stops. Come on...

Edit: It was a great game nonetheless!

oshea225
11-07-2008, 11:37 AM
the clock stops when the ref blows the whistle to call the foul like its supposed to do

ATX
11-07-2008, 11:40 AM
the clock stops when the ref blows the whistle to call the foul like its supposed to do

Ya, that's what I saw...Anyways, what an amazing finish! Roy coming up huge, twice!! Wow

Ballah0liC1
11-07-2008, 11:59 AM
rockets fans dont complain dont make yourselves look like *****, im starting to get used to bad calls even in football the falcons losing to the eagles on a so called muffed punt

dre1990
11-07-2008, 12:00 PM
u know they fixed it right?

8kobe24
11-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Did everybody see that the game should had been over when yao ming made the turnaround fadeaway with 1.9 secs left. Watch the clock when it starts ticking down. The clock stops at 0.8 when the ball is STILL in the air. The game should had been over with that shot. I cant believe the TNT people did not catch it when I did watching it at home. The Nba has got to see that. Everyone watch it and let me know.

You're right, I watched if frame by frame.. Now thats what I call home cookin'.

marvILLous
11-07-2008, 12:40 PM
obviously the clocked stopped cuz a foul was called lol

blackjack_119
11-07-2008, 12:53 PM

1. Clocks stops when fouls are called. Everyone else has already pointed that out so your premise is false.

2. Are you actually complaining about the officiating of a game when the refs gave your team a foul call with 1.8 seconds left in OT on a fade-away jumper that would either: 1) left you tie (if the shot didn't go down); or 2) let you win the game? Seriously.

I think I can speak for fans everywhere and say that we would gladly take the whistle in that situation every time.

Rockets4Life
11-07-2008, 01:14 PM
1. Clocks stops when fouls are called. Everyone else has already pointed that out so your premise is false.

2. Are you actually complaining about the officiating of a game when the refs gave your team a foul call with 1.8 seconds left in OT on a fade-away jumper that would either: 1) left you tie (if the shot didn't go down); or 2) let you win the game? Seriously.

I think I can speak for fans everywhere and say that we would gladly take the whistle in that situation every time.

No Im not complaining about the officiating. I made a mistake and forgot about the foul being called which indeed does stop the clock. Everybody makes mistakes.

JordansBulls
11-07-2008, 01:15 PM

They reviewed the play and it counted. What more do you expect? If Fisher can catch the ball and turn to shoot with .4 then I don't see why Roy couldn't shoot straight up with .9. Hell Trent Tucker hit a 3 on the Bulls with .1 seconds.

THE_FLASH_21
11-07-2008, 01:35 PM
CRY BABYS!!!!!! Roy put u Rockets in your place!!

nstojic
11-07-2008, 01:37 PM
you should HAD grammar checked

king4day
11-07-2008, 01:39 PM
obviously the clocked stopped cuz a foul was called lol

This is exactly what happened.

Also, wrong forum. This should be moved.

agobbi17
11-07-2008, 01:43 PM
it was a great game. we all were gettin drunk watchin the game and we thought we won and everyone left the living room because we thought we won. I walked back in to get a drink and Roy hits the three pointer. that was so devastating but in the end this will only make the rockets better.

GO ROCKETS

king4day
11-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Watching it now, I'm getting chills. Highlights never do justice the way realtime footage like that does.
I don't bias against the Rockets, that was just one heck of a heck of a finish.

Reminded me of a few years back when Ray Allen hit the near half court 3 to beat the Suns in what I think was double OT. Horrible feeling but a chilling finish.

king4day
11-07-2008, 01:48 PM
it was a great game. we all were gettin drunk watchin the game and we thought we won and everyone left the living room because we thought we won. I walked back in to get a drink and Roy hits the three pointer. that was so devastating but in the end this will only make the rockets better.

GO ROCKETS

It was just a bad break. Contrary to what I said in another forum, it was actually defended pretty well.
Every team in the league will experience gut wrenchers like that.
Nothing was worse than Allens 3 over the Bobcats last season....

Actually, Manu's end to end drive on the Suns in game one was pretty tough.

AK-47
11-07-2008, 01:49 PM
LOL @ the thread maker. Yes sir, you got screwed. The clock shouldn't of stopped after a foul like it does every single time one is called. :D

superkegger
11-07-2008, 02:06 PM
What a shot by Roy, that was amazing.

DerekRE_3
11-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Brandon Roy has ice in his veins. He was incredible. And he did it against one of the games best defenders, Ron Artest....TWICE!

pete_one
11-07-2008, 02:09 PM
u win some you lose some

JordansBulls
11-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Just think of it, the Bulls could have had him.

MiamiHeat
11-07-2008, 03:40 PM
take it like a man
you guys lost

GspLAL
11-07-2008, 04:05 PM
They reviewed the play and it counted. What more do you expect? If Fisher can catch the ball and turn to shoot with .4 then I don't see why Roy couldn't shoot straight up with .9. Hell Trent Tucker hit a 3 on the Bulls with .1 seconds.

how

bleedprple&gold
11-07-2008, 04:42 PM
That was just a ridiculous shot by Roy. You have to tip your hat to them and bow gracefully in defeat

mrblisterdundee
11-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Yao was fouled and the clock stopped. It's only the beginning of the season, so don't worry.

_Sn1P3r_
11-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Roy comin up big there. That was a ridiculous shot.

Ballah0liC1
11-07-2008, 05:14 PM

but the difference with fisher is he didnt pivot then hitch the ball to the side of his head, and hitting a three in .1 seconds impossible what did he tip it in from 3:confused:

after the shot this is how i felt- :faint:

JordansBulls
11-07-2008, 05:22 PM
how

That's what they said. that is why they changed it and said you couldn't get off a shot unless it was .3 seconds left.

leftymo
11-07-2008, 05:43 PM

Agree 100%.

Refs most often swallow their whistles on buzzer beaters, unless its an intentional foul or something. I pretty much expect no calls at that time and point. So you should be lucky you got a call. I'm guessing if you hadn't (as expected) rocket fans would've been whining about a "no call"...

pcord901
11-07-2008, 05:44 PM
CRY BABYS!!!!!! Roy put u Rockets in your place!!

Now the question, can he do it again? You are celebrate like this game was a title game, IMO this is = Beat the Rockets you an are a competitor in the NBA. JAJAJA! See you in the playoff (if you clinch). Maybe 7 or 8 splot. I repeat maybeeee 7 or 8 with a little push a 6.

Bob_at_york
11-07-2008, 05:53 PM
man i wish I had stayed up for that.

#1Mavericksfan
11-07-2008, 05:56 PM
The Rockets just got "David Sterned" man...it happens to most teams in the NBA so nobody is safe from it.

rosesbulls
11-07-2008, 06:44 PM
i saw the same thing and i thought it to but it was an amazing shot not that big of a deal stuff happens.

CrowninMe
11-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Brandon Roy is a pimp. Yao is overrated. Love seeing the Rockets go down.