PDA

View Full Version : McDyess interest?

earschicken
11-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Antonio McDyess, after being traded to the Nuggets in the AI/Billups deal, is definitely going to be waived. He'll then be free to sign with whichever team he wants to. He is a traditional big man backup and does play some center. I think he is certainly worth pursuing and would be a great upgrade over every big reserve we have except Milsap/AK. He would probably come cheap too, but I don't know if he would want to play in SLC. We are a championship contender and he would be a nice piece to have on an already deep team. THoughts?

futureman
11-07-2008, 10:47 AM
No chance of us landing him. Especially when half of the league is gunning for him.

THE_FLASH_21
11-07-2008, 02:10 PM
He's going back to Detroit!

jimbobjarree
11-07-2008, 02:12 PM
yeah i doubt we get him.

you guys think theres any chance at Deng or Gerald Wallace, both look like they are being shopped

JAZZNC
11-07-2008, 06:54 PM
I'd love to get him on the team, but I think we're at the max as far as players are concerned and he won't play here when there's a ton of other places other than Utah to go play. Very few guys come here b/c they really want to.

earschicken
11-07-2008, 07:48 PM
True, but if he wants a title shot, we are a VERY competitive team and that's a big plus. I realize he'll very likely go elsewhere but I wouldn't mind seeing our front office making a play for him.

Raupie
11-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Could we do a sign and trade with him? Pistons had interest in Morris Almond. Pistons sign McDyess and trade him to us for Almond and then we put Fez and Koufos in the D-League for the year?

I do like McDyess, I think the is like a Kurt Thomas type player. We have guys injured right now, so it hasn't been an issue, but when Collins, Dwill, and Harpring come back... 3 players will have to be deactivated from the active roster... so who goes to the d-league and who sits around do nothing?

jimbobjarree
11-08-2008, 09:32 AM
rumored that 18 teams are interested in him....is Utah one of them?