PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Wallace Trade Imminent.

blackjack_119
11-07-2008, 04:50 AM
http://www.probasketballnews.com/pbn_breaking110608.html

The article says Golden State, New York and Portland are the likely destinations.

Certainly his incredible athleticism would blend in well with the Warriors.

The Knicks need talent and would be a good center piece for a D'Antoni offense.

Portland could use a veteran/wing defender as teams continue to shoot better than 50% against them.

Afridi786
11-07-2008, 04:55 AM
Gerald to the Bulls...:pray:

blackjack_119
11-07-2008, 05:04 AM
Gerald to the Bulls...:pray:

I doubt they would trade him within the division.

JayW_1023
11-07-2008, 05:33 AM
It was said before if they trade him, it'll be for a legitimate superstar.

Tblaze
11-07-2008, 06:08 AM
I would love to get him on the team!

Cracka2HI!
11-07-2008, 06:44 AM
I can't see any way he goes to the Knicks or GS. Love to have him on the Clipps!

$ NyC $
11-07-2008, 06:47 AM
It was said before if they trade him, it'll be for a legitimate superstar.

I don't think they could get a super-star 4 Gerald Wallace. He's a star but not a super-star.

I'd give them Q+Curry or Jamal + Curry. I don't care as long as some1 who takes minutes from Wil is traded. I always said an athletic defender like Gerald Wallace or Josh Smith would work wonders in D'Antoni's system.

lavis
11-07-2008, 07:50 AM
I don't think they could get a super-star 4 Gerald Wallace. He's a star but not a super-star.

I'd give them Q+Curry or Jamal + Curry. I don't care as long as some1 who takes minutes from Wil is traded. I always said an athletic defender like Gerald Wallace or Josh Smith would work wonders in D'Antoni's system.

Those deals would be like buying chocolate with *******.. Don't hold your breath. Won't happen.

Tblaze
11-07-2008, 08:56 AM
I think it's either going to be a trade involving Harrington with gs, or a package of youth and picks from portland.

JordansBulls
11-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Who would the Bulls trade?

Hinrich, Thabo, Nocioni, Deng???

Who exactly??

Wilson
11-07-2008, 09:15 AM

Or Shawn Marion...

NYKnickFanatic
11-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Knicks huh? :eyebrow:

oshea225
11-07-2008, 09:37 AM
I doubt they would trade him within the division.

bobcats and bulls are different divisions

i like the idea of him on new york and golden state. not as much on portland because sooner or later they're going to have to extend some of their contracts and theres not going to be enough money to go around to supply all their stars

JIDsanity
11-07-2008, 09:37 AM
About time Jordan grew some balls

king4day
11-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Crawford and Curry for Wallace and cap filler would prob make some sense.
Crawford was the only knick that I can recall who played very well under Brown. Curry prob wouldn't do much since he's out of shape but technically it'd give them the height they need.

JayW_1023
11-07-2008, 10:31 AM

Why? G-Force is their BEST player. If Jordan wants to trade him for Jamal and curry, the Bobcats will plainly get robbed. It will be yet another dumb transaction on his resume. You don't trade your best player unless you get a real differencemaker in return.

If the Knicks really want Wallace they would have to at least give up David Lee, since he was a Brown favorite. And even that is highly unlikely.

Mark my words, if G-Force gets traded, the Bobcats will also throw in a liability like Morrison and/or May to get a superstar caliber player...that's the only thing that makes sense since both Brown and Jordan are impatient and want to win NOW.

sully00
11-07-2008, 10:35 AM
I may overvalue Gerald Wallace but I have been thinking of the names mentioned in this thread, none are better than him. Frankly the list of players that are better than him and could play for Larry Brown isn't very long.

The only thing that makes any sense to me is that DEN is liquidating and they would send Carmelo to CHA for a package that includes Wallace. While not exactly LB's kind of guy he seems pretty tight mith MJ and is the kind of guy LB would think he can fix.

op12
11-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Why? G-Force is their BEST player. If Jordan wants to trade him for Jamal and curry, the Bobcats will plainly get robbed. It will be yet another dumb transaction on his resume. You don't trade your best player unless you get a real differencemaker in return.

If the Knicks really want Wallace they would have to at least give up David Lee, since he was a Brown favorite. And even that is highly unlikely.

Mark my words, if G-Force gets traded, the Bobcats will also throw in a liability like Morrison and/or May to get a superstar caliber player...that's the only thing that makes sense since both Brown and Jordan are impatient and want to win NOW.

they are not going to throw morrison in. the whole point of trading wallace is to start morrison at sf. they might throw in may because they were planning on him starting at pf at the start of the season, but he is not in playing shape. they really need to trade him for a big, even though i hope it is not for curry. david lee wouldnt be too bad.

DerekRE_3
11-07-2008, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Gerald Wallace on the Blazers. Roy and Wallace together would be sick. That pairing could have happened in Charlotte, but MJ is ******** and drafted Adam Morrison.

Why is MJ trying to trade Wallace, who is averaging 19.5 points, 9.3 boards, 2 steals, and a block on 52% shooting. He is also shooting over 60% from the 3 point line. I just don't get it.

king4day
11-07-2008, 01:35 PM
I may overvalue Gerald Wallace but I have been thinking of the names mentioned in this thread, none are better than him. Frankly the list of players that are better than him and could play for Larry Brown isn't very long.

The only thing that makes any sense to me is that DEN is liquidating and they would send Carmelo to CHA for a package that includes Wallace. While not exactly LB's kind of guy he seems pretty tight mith MJ and is the kind of guy LB would think he can fix.

Rarely are any deals even. See Pau.

The Iverson deal I'd say is as close as you'll get though.
The best deals are the ones whre both teams feel they didn't win.

GunFactor187
11-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Gerald Wallace for Al Harrington, straight up.

DerekRE_3
11-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Gerald Wallace for Al Harrington, straight up.

That's a terrible deal for Charlotte.

king4day
11-07-2008, 01:49 PM
That's a terrible deal for Charlotte.

They need someone young who can defend. Lee would be a good fit.

I still think, if Curry could get himself in shape he could be good again, but he just doesn't seem motivated anymore.

DerekRE_3
11-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Well, I think the best trade the Bobcats can make is not make one at all that involves Wallace. There are three guys they should look into trading...

Raymond Felton
Sean May
Adam Morrison

The Bobcats aren't going to get fair value for Gerald Wallace, who is their best player, because of his injury history (4 concussions in about 4 years).

marvILLous
11-07-2008, 01:57 PM
he would be perrrrrrrrfect in toronto :(

superkegger
11-07-2008, 01:58 PM

lol, you always said that because you saw shawn marion in that system.

They need someone young who can defend. Lee would be a good fit.

I still think, if Curry could get himself in shape he could be good again, but he just doesn't seem motivated anymore.

I somehow doubt Larry Brown wants Eddy Curry again.

Testaverde16
11-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Maybe Jordan can trade him and get kwame brown again.

CrowninMe
11-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Man, the Warriors would be SICK if they could get Wallace. The Knicks and Bobcats would still suck.
:clap:
http://hoopsoup.com/2008/11/07/gerald-wallace-to-warriors-in-3-team-deal/

rrude
11-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Wallace is exactly the kind of player that fans tend to overvalue. He's got an exciting game to watch and occasionally has a huge night. But he's not a top-tier player, and hasn't he spent some part of the last few seasons on the IR?

The argument that because he's their best player he should bring back a superstar, just doesn't work...look at the Knicks, just because Crawford (for example) is their best player, should he bring back a superstar in a trade? No.

The most appealing thing about trading for Harrington is his expiring contract. He's not that good and he always seems unhappy.

A Curry-Wallace trade makes some sense, in that fills some needs on both sides, and I don't think LB was that down on Curry.

Although if Charlotte is trading GW to start A-Mo they seriously need their heads examined.

Wallace-Harrington only makes sense if it's just about salary dumping.

Wallace to Portland makes no sense for Portland, unless they are already decided about the (non-)future of some of their younger players.

sully00
11-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Rarely are any deals even. See Pau.

The Iverson deal I'd say is as close as you'll get though.
The best deals are the ones whre both teams feel they didn't win.

This isn't a report that the Bobcats are desperately trying to move him or he has demanded a trade. This is more likely that he has been told by the organization to be prepared for a deal. From the article it sounds more like their is a lot of interest from other teams in Wallace because of his game and money and that Brown and Jordan think they can get more for him than he is going to do for them.

In the end nobody is more image conscious than Jordan, while his deals have been shaky at best and lacked some forsight they generally look good on the day he makes them because he makes sure he gets the bigger name in the deal if not the better player over time.

I would be expecting a bigger name than Wallace not two guys who aren't as good.

CrowninMe
11-07-2008, 03:07 PM
This would make the Warriors amazing!!!!

bartlett2266
11-07-2008, 03:07 PM
he would be perrrrrrrrfect in toronto :(

ya man definitely, maybe for jamario moon and a pick?

FlawlessKB24
11-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Monta/Jackson/Maggette/Wallace
so much talent, but they can only play with one ball.

b_rad23
11-07-2008, 03:17 PM
^and 2 firsts maybe. Worth wayyy more than Moon.

Anyways, why trade your best player and the only player thats good on both sides of the floor. What a dumb move. How about you trade Felton for a decent big to play alongside Okafor. I guess he wants to completely start over.

$ NyC $
11-07-2008, 03:34 PM
^ lolll great point.

$ NyC $
11-07-2008, 03:36 PM
wow that article is dumb. No way that deal goes through. The Knicks will NOT i repeat NOT basically trade Eddy Curry AND David Lee for Al Harrington.

MiamiHeat
11-07-2008, 03:37 PM
The Knicks will be so small

CrowninMe
11-07-2008, 03:45 PM
The knicks totally could trade Eddie Curry and David Lee. They want to get rid of Eddy Curry's contract and free up space to play the young guys. Donnie Walsh really wants Al harrington and he want Curry gone. The Warriors could sweeten the deal by adding Marco Bellenelli another Italian to for D'antoni to play.

$ NyC $
11-07-2008, 03:46 PM
We want to get rid of Curry but not trade Curry AND one of our most trading assets in Lee for a 1 or 2 year rental of the worst rebounding PF in the league who only shoots.

CrowninMe
11-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I dislike Al as much as the next guy, but for some odd reason Donnie Walsh worships this guy. I can't find out why.

$ NyC $
11-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Hopefully, and I'm pretty sure, he doesn't worship him THAT much.

$ NyC $
11-07-2008, 03:53 PM
that's a bad starting 5 (Duhon, Crawford, Q, Harrington, Z-bo)

$ NyC $
11-07-2008, 03:56 PM
that's a downgrade from Lee + Z-bo

Nets fan 93
11-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Warriors would have 3 good SF's
Jackson, Maggette, Wallace... would they be able to coexist though?

jsand3030
11-07-2008, 04:32 PM
the Warriors dont need the Knicks for this. Wallace and Harrington's salaries are pretty close.........

$ NyC $
11-07-2008, 04:52 PM
That's also very true. They could straight up trade Wallace 4 Harrington but Larry Brown wouldn't want that trade.

your-mama-ugly
11-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Why an the heck would Jordan do this trade? I don't see Okafor and Curry coexisting. Smart move by NY IMO you get rid of Curry long term deal and you dont have to worry about David Lee long term future and make room for Patrick Ewing JR.

CB30
11-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Do want for warriors

futureheisman
11-07-2008, 06:10 PM
i have him i hope its somewhere where he get big numbers

S.J.Basketball
11-07-2008, 06:17 PM
I think it's either going to be a trade involving Harrington with gs, or a package of youth and picks from portland.

Exactly. :clap:

Thatruth32
11-07-2008, 06:35 PM
thats a big contract i dont know how happy i would be about that

Epic89
11-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Maybe Jordan can trade him and get kwame brown again.

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

CB30
11-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Exactly. :clap:

I hope so. But whats with the Warriors and Lakers sig? I declare shennanigans

IndyRealist
11-07-2008, 11:28 PM
If Wallace goes to NYK then they have a much better chance of landing Lebron. Curry and David Lee for Wallace and Sean May makes a lot of sense. May expires, and Wallace could hold the fort until Lebron arrives. Charlotte gets a post scorer that lets Okafor move to his natural PF spot. David Lee is expiring and New York hasn't extended his contract. Didn't check the numbers, but there are plenty of scrubs on both teams to make the contracts match.