PDA

View Full Version : Would this trade make sense for everyone?

Tulanehockey
11-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Time for a shake-up in Chicago.

The Bulls send Larry Hughes and Thabo Sefolosha to New Jersey for Vince Carter.

New Jersey gets a sg/sf who is young and defends well and a contract that exires in 2010.

The Bulls then send Andres Nocioni and Joakim Noah to New York for Zach Randolph.

New York gets a home grown talent to start at C next to David Lee and a high motor who can back-up Qrich and Lee at the SF and PF positions.

The Bulls get a go-to scorer in Carter and a 20/10 guy in Randolph.

Rose/Carter/Deng/Randolph/Gooden is a hard line-up to play any day.

With Hinrich/Gordon/Tyrus Thomas/ Aaron Gray off the bench.

superkegger
11-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Somewhat, but its never going to happen.

Tulanehockey
11-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Why not? The Bulls have shown major interest in Zach Randolph, however they are not willing to give up what the Knicks really wanted, and can't now because Gordon can't be traded. However, with Noah they have their fast front court of the future and he's from NY, and with Nocioni, they get a guy who could spell extremely well for QRich and David Lee.

New Jersey gets a starting shooting guard for the next two years and a diamond in the rough in Sefolosha.

It really lies with the Bulls to make these trades happen, as the Knicks and Nets are more than willing to dump their "garbage," and perhaps dumping it all in the same place might intice them to actually do it.

Lakers4ItAll
11-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Carter is past his prime....

king4day
11-06-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm sure it'd make sense, but with teams not wanting to offer fair deal to NY for Z-bo, now his stock has gone up and it'll take a lot for a team to pry him away.

superkegger
11-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Why not? The Bulls have shown major interest in Zach Randolph, however they are not willing to give up what the Knicks really wanted, and can't now because Gordon can't be traded. However, with Noah they have their fast front court of the future and he's from NY, and with Nocioni, they get a guy who could spell extremely well for QRich and David Lee.

New Jersey gets a starting shooting guard for the next two years and a diamond in the rough in Sefolosha.

It really lies with the Bulls to make these trades happen, as the Knicks and Nets are more than willing to dump their "garbage," and perhaps dumping it all in the same place might intice them to actually do it.

The Knicks aren't looking to lock up long term salaries at this point, and especially not in a guy whos turned into a chucker in Nocioni.

The return on talent from nocioni and noah just isn't enoug for randolph either, who is actually looking decent thus far in D'Antoni's system.

As far as the nets go, it might make sense, but with their ownership in flux and the move to brooklyn looking shakier by the day, unloading vince for cap space might not be the best move at this point.

Lakers4ItAll
11-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Plus nobody is gonna want Hughes's contract

b_rad23
11-06-2008, 06:29 PM
There would definitely have to be picks going to NJ. Sefolosha and Hughes are very marginal talents. Say what you wish about Carter but he's several levels above those two. Nobody wants Hughes.

$KnicksAndKobe$
11-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Knicks can get better contracts then Nocioni ...

We don't want Nocioni because of his contract and because he will hog the minuted from gali and chandler

We rather take Larry and a first round pick

JordansBulls
11-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Time for a shake-up in Chicago.

The Bulls send Larry Hughes and Thabo Sefolosha to New Jersey for Vince Carter.

New Jersey gets a sg/sf who is young and defends well and a contract that exires in 2010.

The Bulls then send Andres Nocioni and Joakim Noah to New York for Zach Randolph.

New York gets a home grown talent to start at C next to David Lee and a high motor who can back-up Qrich and Lee at the SF and PF positions.

The Bulls get a go-to scorer in Carter and a 20/10 guy in Randolph.

Rose/Carter/Deng/Randolph/Gooden is a hard line-up to play any day.

With Hinrich/Gordon/Tyrus Thomas/ Aaron Gray off the bench.

I'd do it for sure. Our guys have been overrated for a long time now. Just the fact that a rookie is the best player on the team shows this.

Hawkeye15
11-06-2008, 07:23 PM
picks and cash would have to play in, but I actually like this trade. Bringing immediate help into Chicago, and giving the Knicks better players for D'Antonios system. New Jersey gets even more cap money for that run at LJ

rosesbulls
11-07-2008, 01:55 AM
why would the bulls want 2 contracts that end in 2011 that are over 30m between the 2 i would much rather just have hughes contract run out and then have a big offseason in 2010

rosesbulls
11-07-2008, 01:57 AM
Chicago isn't looking at this season or the next as their target there looking at the bulls in 2-4 years their probably hoping to pick up one guy in 2009 and 1 guy in 2010 off season and most likely they will be young

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-07-2008, 02:05 AM
VC isn't as beastly as he once was... But, Thabo and Hughes aren't beastly at all. :shrug:

snoop2327
11-07-2008, 02:16 AM
carter aint what he use to be but hes worth more then larry hughes...as for the knicks i would ****ing love to see Z gone and i think if he has a good first half maybe even "allstar" (or at least concideration) its possible with the numbers he can put up in that system the knicks would take any trade to clear the cap space that would be over 37+million off the books

blackjack_119
11-07-2008, 05:01 AM
That Bulls team would not work... unless you have three basketballs on the court at the same time. Seriously. The defense would be horrible. Rose would be the only one of the team who would pass the ball. There aren't enough shots to go around. Finally, a Gooden/Randolph front court would be the shortest and most un-athletic duo in recent memory.

lavis
11-07-2008, 07:53 AM
No it doesn't. It's for two players that clearly won't take any team anywhere. No future what so ever with those trades. I'd call it idiotic.

BkOriginalOne
11-07-2008, 08:40 AM
I think the knicks make out nicely. The bulls supposed lineup is not that bad on paper, but on the court it spells disaster. They probably wouldn't make the playoffs considering that they can't defend at the 2 or the 4. Thats unacceptable.

Draco
11-07-2008, 08:46 AM

No they haven't.. It'd be great if you didn't pass off unsubstantiated rumors as fact.

Draco
11-07-2008, 08:49 AM
The return on talent from nocioni and noah just isn't enoug for randolph either, who is actually looking decent thus far in D'Antoni's system.

According to you which means squat to me.

One NBA scouts opinion of Randolph.

Zach Randolph is the type of player who provides production to a losing team. I've seen him win a game by himself. But look at the circumstances of how he was sent to New York: The Trail Blazers were willing to take back Steve Francis and cut him to get out from under Zach, because they had a lot of young, impressive draft picks and they needed to get rid of this guy who was dragging everybody down. He is like the frontcourt version of Stephon.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/10/22/knicks/