PDA

View Full Version : League Pass

Tom81
11-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Hi guys I have League Pass but I can't watch the games there is some "BLACKOUT" and "This game is not available to view due to blackout restrictions"
What i have to do?
Thanks for help.

MiamiHeat
11-06-2008, 04:27 PM
the free preview is over :( (I have comcast)

Tom81
11-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I have comcast too and i order whole season.help guys

Chronz
11-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Do you have dish?

Lakers4ItAll
11-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Look for the game on other channels

Tom81
11-06-2008, 04:36 PM
what is this?dish

NYMetros
11-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Try calling up your cable company. If you ordered it then you shouldn't be having this problem.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
11-06-2008, 11:35 PM
is it your home town team your trying to watch ?

Gibby23
11-06-2008, 11:53 PM
You don't get the 2 games today because they are on national TV (TNT).

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2008, 12:22 AM
I have comcast too and i order whole season.help guys

You should actually call your cable company. There is nothing we PSD posters can do about it from afar...As crazy as that may sound. :eyebrow:

SportsManiacSJ
11-07-2008, 01:16 AM
the free preview is over :( (I have comcast)

mine too.....:(

avsman05
11-07-2008, 01:43 AM
dont call in its useless heres some information on blackouts. so in a nutshell you live in an area where they want you to go to the game has nothing to do with the cable provider. or its on another station (TNT, Local station, FSN, etc.)

General Blackout Details
A sporting event may be blacked-out when one broadcaster purchases the rights to an event, and other broadcasters do not have the rights to broadcast that event. The broadcasters who cannot show the event will be blacked-out.
There are national blackouts and regional market blackouts.

National blackouts occur when a local channel, or a Regional Sports Network, purchases the rights to the event. In these cases, the event will not be available to any channel that is outside of that region. See additional details below.
Regional market blackouts occur when a national channel such as ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, TNT, etc., purchases the rights to the event. In these cases, the event will not be available to any regional channel within that team's territory unless a regional channel purchases the rights to the event. See additional details below.

Each sports league determines its team's territories differently.
For example, an NBA team and an MLB team from the same market may have drastically different local blackout areas.
There are several types of sports blackouts that pertain separately to individual event types and broadcasts.
National Blackouts
Games are occasionally blacked-out on national sports coverage channels such as ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, TNT, etc.
These blackouts occur when a Regional Sports Network (RSNET), or another local channel, has the rights to the game in the customer's designated geographical location or ZIP code (DMA).

For Example

A Colorado Avalanche (NHL) game, in Denver, CO, is blacked-out for people who live outside of the Denver DMA.
The RSNET assigned to that DMA (in this case Denver's UPN or FOX Sports Rocky Mountain), has the broadcast rights to this game.
Therefore, customers who live outside of this area (the rest of the country) will be not able to receive the game.
Regional Market (RSNET) Blackouts
Sometimes RSNETs are not permitted to broadcast games in certain parts of the country.
These blackouts are designed to protect individual team's territories and rights to certain games purchased by programmers other than RSNETs.
Blackouts on the RSNETs are not based on arena sellouts.
Pay-Per-View - Season Ticket Blackouts
Blackout restrictions apply to all games offered on DISH Network Season Ticket events.
Such blackout restrictions are designed to protect the television rights holders in the competing teams' respective home markets.
Blackouts are not based on arena sellouts.
For example, if a local network affiliate (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX), or an RSNET has the rights to broadcast an event in its local area, customers in that area will only be able to receive that game on that channel.
ESPN GamePlan - College Football
Blackouts are determined on a per game basis and the information on those games is available the week preceding the game.
This blackout information will be posted on the web and dishnetwork.com/football as soon as it is available.
Boxing
Blackouts will apply to the markets in which the fight takes place, unless the fight is sold out.
If the fight is sold out, blackouts will not be implemented.

theuuord
11-07-2008, 02:06 AM
I'm having the same problem with league pass broadband. I talked to one of their "live chatters" (which was likely an automated service) and they said they were having technical problems and working "around-the-clock" (which means basically never) to get it fixed.

i'm pretty mad personally because I wanted to keep up with the Nets and it's basically impossible in Massachusetts to watch the development of our players, and there's basically been no change in over a week. How hard can it be to fix a problem like this?

snoop2327
11-07-2008, 02:14 AM
They have FREE trial for online until the 11th

theuuord
11-07-2008, 02:40 AM
They have FREE trial for online until the 11th

but that's the point. The blackouts in question are also on broadband.

vlb79
11-07-2008, 04:46 AM
blackouts for the game that already on national TV so basically u shouldnt need league pass to watch these game

thapharcyd
11-07-2008, 04:54 AM
Blackouts do not mean the game isn't playing. It is on your local Regional Sports Network, or as others have said ESPN, TNT, etc. For instance, League Pass for me all Nuggets games are blacked out, however, I pay $5 more a month to get my Region Sports Networks (Altitude). For most people it is something like YES or Fox Sports South, etc.

The broadband blackouts are only for nationally televised games. However, they shouldn't blackout those cuz not everyone with internet has expanded cable.