PDA

View Full Version : Al Harrington...

superkegger
11-06-2008, 02:58 PM
He demanded a trade like last week, he's still in GS... I haven't heard anything on where he might be headed...and the article this morning (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/11/05/SP7213VCHS.DTL) gave no indication of a possible desitination. Just wondering wher ehe will end up. Cause the dude is hella talented and can play both forward positions and would be a real nice asset to a contender who need that extra edge.

Lakers4ItAll
11-06-2008, 03:16 PM
I think its total bs when a player demands to be traded

Bob_at_york
11-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I think that the Knicks could definitely make a push for Al. I can see them getting him. Also Dallas could probably make a good offer too.

ink
11-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Any more updates about this?

Flash812
11-09-2008, 01:14 PM
I wish the Hornets had somebody to trade for him, the guy always shoots lights out when playing aginst us but then again he is not going to want to go from starting to the bench and only getting 17 minutes a game. I would say he lands in the east somewhere.

mitch91
11-09-2008, 01:36 PM
i just thought there that al would be real good for the.....spurs! but sadly they have nothing at all to offer gs

North Yorker
11-09-2008, 01:43 PM
GS probably wants a decent offer in return but all the other NBA teams know that Harrington isn't a guy you give up a lot for. He's not a big difference maker.

IndyRealist
11-09-2008, 03:01 PM
If he goes somewhere where he'll be the primary scorer, expect him to get anywhere from 16-18ppg, around 8rpg. As a second through sixth option, anywhere from 10-13ppg, 6rpg. He does not block shots, and while not a bad defender he's not a great defender. He also takes a lot more three's than he should, and his post game is suspect. He's a mid-range shooter and he can run the floor.

There was talk about him coming back to the Pacers...again...but I think I'd rather have Troy Murphy's double-double and .500 3pt shooting over Harrington's mid-range game.

$ NyC $
11-09-2008, 03:14 PM
It's either he's comin 2 NY or going 2 the Bobcats 4 Gerald Wallace.

$ NyC $
11-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Rumor has it either Al Harrington to the Cats 4 Gerald Wallace or Harrington 2 the Knicks 4 Eddy Curry or a package including David Lee

IndyRealist
11-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Eddy Curry does nothing for Golden State. Al Harrington does nothing for Charlotte. These are the two trade rumors? Really?

Golden State does not need to slow down their game to accomodate Curry. Chris Webber he is not.

Charlotte needs a capable C to move Okafor to his natural PF position, and apparently they want to start Adam Morrison at SF. Al Harrington is a SF/PF who only plays C on really, really desparate teams. I mean, he's 6'9". I suppose if they leave Okafor at C, then Al could play PF, but he doesn't provide toughness, interior defense, or rebounding. He scores. Charlotte already has plenty of that.

CB30
11-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Eddy Curry does nothing for Golden State. Al Harrington does nothing for Charlotte. These are the two trade rumors? Really?

Golden State does not need to slow down their game to accomodate Curry. Chris Webber he is not.

Charlotte needs a capable C to move Okafor to his natural PF position, and apparently they want to start Adam Morrison at SF. Al Harrington is a SF/PF who only plays C on really, really desparate teams. I mean, he's 6'9". I suppose if they leave Okafor at C, then Al could play PF, but he doesn't provide toughness, interior defense, or rebounding. He scores. Charlotte already has plenty of that.

Al played center once, on Yao Ming. He D'ed him up pretty well, but He is defintely a PF. He spreads the floor, shoots the 3. But He isnt the best descion maker

IndyRealist
11-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Al played center once, on Yao Ming. He D'ed him up pretty well, but He is defintely a PF. He spreads the floor, shoots the 3. But He isnt the best descion maker

Al started his career in Indiana playing SF. He plays like a SF. On his return he played C. It did not end well.