PDA

View Full Version : Nikolai Khabibulan to the Devils?

beantownboy
11-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Rumor on yahoo sports is that the Blackhawks are looking to shop Nikolai khabibulan to the devils now that Marty is out. And since they are looking to just get rid of his salary they probably wont be asking for much in return.

AK-50
11-06-2008, 06:56 PM
i heard it can be either Khabibulan or Roloson

soxdynasty
11-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't see it happening, the Devils don't have the Cap room and believe Weeks is solid. Does anyone actually think Khabibulan is better than Weeks? The safe bet is Lou will wait and see how things go before pulling the trigger on something like this...NJ would have to match up salaries to make a deal and what would they give up without weakening there team?

JetsYanksDevils
11-08-2008, 09:10 AM
I don't see it happening, the Devils don't have the Cap room and believe Weeks is solid. Does anyone actually think Khabibulan is better than Weeks? The safe bet is Lou will wait and see how things go before pulling the trigger on something like this...NJ would have to match up salaries to make a deal and what would they give up without weakening there team?

your right Lou definitly has gotta wait. so far Weekes has played good and they havent gave that Clemensen or w.e his name is a shot. Plus were only gonna get better when are team recovers from their injuries

DewsSox79
11-08-2008, 02:43 PM

bulin>weeks

Bulin has been solid this year, making that our starting goalie huet is riding the bench

beantownboy
11-09-2008, 02:03 PM
brodeurs cap will be taking off the team because he's on the IR. so there might be room. and please dont compare bulin and weekes. bulin is a much better goaltender. weekes isnt bad but bulin is the "wall"

jimmyjames
11-10-2008, 07:20 AM
yeah let Lou wait till NJ loses 10-15 in a row cause Weekes is so horrible. You CAN'T play with a backup as your starter....

deke173
11-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Personally i'd rather wait and see what the Thrashers do with their goalie situation. They might get rid of Kari Lehtonen who has one year left on his contract who I'd rather have than Khabibulin or Weekes. They might not ask for much in return because of fear of losing him to free agency for nothing. What do you guys think?

beantownboy
11-10-2008, 04:55 PM
yeah let Lou wait till NJ loses 10-15 in a row cause Weekes is so horrible. You CAN'T play with a backup as your starter....

how is new jerseys goalie prospects? if any?

soxdynasty
11-24-2008, 06:58 PM
I wouldn't take Knabibulin as he is a streaky goaltender. If the Devils were looking they would want some one who has shown consistency during his career. Currently, the Devils are playing well and expecting some big help soon. The tandem of Clemenson and Weeks should be able to hold there own until Marty returns.