PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Feel Bad For .....

SwaggaIke
11-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Chauncey Billups? Honestly, the NBA is a pretty messed up biz and C Bill just felt its cold reality. He's been the man in Detroit for a long time. He came into his own as a Piston and the chemistry he developed w/ his team was phenomenal. I heard an interview w/ Rip and he has feelings similar to Coles when Pennington was released. The situation has to have Chauncey a little messed up.

Anyway on to a more game related topic, what do you see both teams doing this year? Do you think Bills presence on the Nuggets turns them into a more "we" oriented team? Similar to that of Karl's Seattle teams. How do you think A.I fits into the Pistons? Will he tone his game down for the better of the team? Do you think A.I will take less money to remain a Piston for at least another season if this one is a success?

Squad13
11-06-2008, 02:40 AM
Chauncey Billups? Honestly, the NBA is a pretty messed up biz and C Bill just felt its cold reality. He's been the man in Detroit for a long time. He came into his own as a Piston and the chemistry he developed w/ his team was phenomenal. I heard an interview w/ Rip and he has feelings similar to Coles when Pennington was released. The situation has to have Chauncey a little messed up.

Anyway on to a more game related topic, what do you see both teams doing this year? Do you think Bills presence on the Nuggets turns them into a more "we" oriented team? Similar to that of Karl's Seattle teams. How do you think A.I fits into the Pistons? Will he tone his game down for the better of the team? Do you think A.I will take less money to remain a Piston for at least another season if this one is a success?

Yeah poor guy makes millions playing basketball... now he has to go back to Colorado... :rolleyes: No he plays a child's game and lives like a king, he will get over it while shopping for his new mansion

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-06-2008, 02:53 AM
I haven't heard Chauncey speak about the trade yet. But, like "Squad" said... I'm sure he'll be pretty sad shopping for a 12 room 6 acre mansion, in his native Colorado.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-06-2008, 02:53 AM
Hopefully he's excited to play for us though...

superkegger
11-06-2008, 03:02 AM
nah, i don't feel bad. It's the business, and thats how it goes. and hes still getting paid millions and still on a decent team. i feel nothing close to bad for him.

fly boy
11-06-2008, 03:26 AM
he has a house in colorado already so he doesnt have to buy a new one so he's good money its apart of bussiness

JJ81
11-06-2008, 11:04 AM
LET THA NEW ERA BEGIN!

Isn't that what you said when Iverson signed with the Nuggs?:eyebrow:

NYKnickFanatic
11-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Isn't that what you said when Iverson signed with the Nuggs?:eyebrow:

Wasnt Iverson traded to the Nuggets? :rolleyes:

cubulls
11-06-2008, 11:17 AM
**** Billups. People who feel bad for millionaires are dumbasses.

BALLER71
11-06-2008, 11:21 AM
**** Billups. People who feel bad for millionaires are dumbasses.

Yeah poor guy makes millions playing basketball... now he has to go back to Colorado... :rolleyes: No he plays a child's game and lives like a king, he will get over it while shopping for his new mansion

:nod:
Winners.

bostncelts34
11-06-2008, 11:27 AM
not at all. Thats what sports are. You know that when you get drafted. You can get traded on draft day, or 10 yrs into your career. Get traded to a horrible team, or a contender. Not your choice, thats the game.

dre1990
11-06-2008, 11:28 AM
he pu everything he had in the pistons. i feel bad for hi though cause A.I stolehis number in detrooit

Raidaz4Life
11-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Nope from what I understand he loves Colorado so I have no reason to feel bad for him

Hellcrooner
11-06-2008, 11:35 AM
I hope he uses number 3, to responde to AI .

Er1c
11-06-2008, 11:39 AM
he will help the nuggets tahts for sure

CELTICS4LYFE
11-06-2008, 11:50 AM
i think he makes the nuggets what everyone thought they would b

Lakers4ItAll
11-06-2008, 03:18 PM
True dat

SwaggaIke
11-06-2008, 03:21 PM
I think everybody is taking this thread in a completely opposite direction. Of course he is a millionaire and what not. But i'm just talking about being separated from the place he has called home for 6 years. Leaving behind people that he came to know as brothers, its a messed up situation and he got the short end of the stick. Yea he's from Denver and that will help him, but that still doesn't change the fact that he went from a championship contender and players he had the perfect chemistry w/ to a team that hasn't tasted playoff success in a LONG time.

Lakers4ItAll
11-06-2008, 03:32 PM
In the end the NBA is always gonna be a Business 1st and the players all know that

myoo2182
11-06-2008, 03:48 PM
AI didnt really take Billups number. He wanted number 3 and Stuckey is willing to give number 3 to A.I. being that he's relatively new and A.I. is a vet, but apparently league rules now prohibit a player from changing numbers during a season (unless of course you get traded and your number is taken). That is what I read anyway.

Lakers4ItAll
11-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Interseting....

AI didnt really take Billups number. He wanted number 3 and Stuckey is willing to give number 3 to A.I. being that he's relatively new and A.I. is a vet, but apparently league rules now prohibit a player from changing numbers during a season (unless of course you get traded and your number is taken). That is what I read anyway.

westside51283
11-06-2008, 03:55 PM
who really cares the nba is horrible there a bunch of scorers that cant play defense its boring if u want to watch good basketball now of days u have to watch college and high school even my favorite player iverson doesnt play defense anymore it makes me sick

MiamiHeat
11-06-2008, 04:10 PM
you guys are *******s just because he makes millions doesn't mean he has no feelings and shouldn't feel bad for him

D-Leethal
11-06-2008, 05:43 PM
I might feel bad if they sent him to a crappy team or a crappy city, but Joe D sent him home to a playoff team whats there to feel bad about?

_Sn1P3r_
11-06-2008, 05:44 PM
I feel sorry for the guy for sure. Especially hearing Iverson take number 1. He deserves to have his number retired in Detroit IMO. The Finals MVP of their 04 championship.

Anywho, I think he could help Denver for sure. They have a good floor general and because he won't look to score as much as AI did, that opens up more oppurtunities for his teammates.

NYMetros
11-06-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm pretty sure Denver is his hometown, so I'm sure he likes going back there.

And I find it hard to feel bad for someone who is making millions while playing a sport.

Lakers4ItAll
11-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Why does he deserve that? They won 1 championship, big deal......

I feel sorry for the guy for sure. Especially hearing Iverson take number 1. He deserves to have his number retired in Detroit IMO. The Finals MVP of their 04 championship.

Nets fan 93
11-06-2008, 07:44 PM
A buisness is a buisness...

Hawkeye15
11-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Most of the vets understand this is a business. Sure it will be hard for him to leave Motown, and his teammates. But at least he is going back to the state he was raised in, with family everywhere, to a team that can compete. It could be worse.

dre1990
11-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Why does he deserve that? They won 1 championship, big deal......

:smoking:yeah just a nba championship:smoking:

JordansBulls
11-06-2008, 08:46 PM

He is from Colorado and went to school there and then he was going to sign with the Bucks last year wasn't he?

ink
11-06-2008, 09:08 PM
nah, i don't feel bad. It's the business, and thats how it goes. and hes still getting paid millions and still on a decent team. i feel nothing close to bad for him.

I agree.

Going to the Nuggets isn't exactly purgatory you know.

yojoe792
11-06-2008, 09:15 PM
In all honesty, I don't feel bad for ANYONE making $10million+.

LAKERS 24/7
11-06-2008, 11:05 PM
I feel bad for him in the sense that he will lose friendships, because its too difficult to have the same closeness to people who love thousands of miles away. He said that his teammates were more than friends, they were like brothers to him. That being said, it'll only be a temporary feeling of sadness, and I'm sure with all the money has he'll make friends easily.

Sport
11-06-2008, 11:15 PM
I feel bad for starving kids in 3rd world countries.

Not athletes who make millions of dollars.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
11-06-2008, 11:27 PM
he said if he was to get traded he wanted to go to Denver

Durant is hype
11-07-2008, 12:18 AM
i feel bad for starving kids in 3rd world countries.

Not athletes who make millions of dollars.

ditto.

DenButsu
11-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Chauncey will be welcomed (back) to Denver with open arms. He'll be celebrated.

And there aren't many players in the NBA who Denver could have traded AI for and that would be true. He's a homie, which is just cool, but more importantly he's an All-Star point guard, which Denver has desperately needed for a long, long time.

How long have you been hearing (and writing) phrases like this about Denver?:

"one of the most talented teams in the league, but they just can't seem to do anything with it"

"lots of great pieces, but they never seem to fit together right"

"they have so much potential, it's hard to understand why they can't get out of the first round"

etc., etc., etc.

Meanwhile, back in Detroit it had become increasingly clear over the last couple of seasons that Chauncey wasn't going to get another ring with the Pistons in their current incarnation. So what was his future there?

In Denver, he has the chance to be a real difference maker, a real hero for the team and the city. If he can - as many of us are hoping - be that key that unlocks the talent residing in the Nuggets roster, and be that gel that brings the team together into a cohesive unit with great chemistry, then he'll be praised by NBA fans far and wide.

So in other words, I think he's probably excited to go to Denver and have that opportunity.