PDA

View Full Version : Scenario 1 or Scenario 2 - NBA Finals (Game 7)

JordansBulls
11-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Here is the scenario. Which one would you rather have and be in:

Scenario 1:
Down 0-3 in the NBA Finals Series, but you come back and you take the series to game 7, however you are playing Game 7 on the Road. (no pressure is on you, but if you win it would be the greatest comeback in sports history)

or

Scenario 2:
Up 3-0 in the NBA Finals Series, but then you lose the next 3 games and you are forced to play a game 7 of the NBA Finals at Home. (now all the pressure is on you and if you lose it would be the biggest collapse in Sports History)

Now seeing the two options, which situation would you rather be in?

NOTE: Remember this is the NBA Finals

lakers4sho
11-05-2008, 10:00 PM
You can't really say "no pressure" (as in the case for #1). Especially that you're on the road, there's gotta be a lot of pressure on both teams.

So I gotta go with option 2. Homecourt Advantage is a big plus during elimination games.

Lakers4ItAll
11-05-2008, 10:38 PM
#1 forsure. Any true Star wants that situation

ugadawgsfan17
11-05-2008, 10:50 PM
You have to go with #2. You will go down in infamy if you blow a 3-0 lead

_Sn1P3r_
11-05-2008, 10:54 PM
I'd go with 3. Momentum is on our side.

Ph1lly Diehard
11-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Scenario #1.

You saw what the Redsox did to the Yankees? Blew the Yankees out at home in game 7. Momemtum is the most important thing in sports.

Lakers4ItAll
11-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Exsp in Baseball

Scenario #1.
Momemtum is the most important thing in sports.

barreleffact
11-05-2008, 11:27 PM
gotta go option 1. it hasnt happened before where a team has won, but you have all the momentum going in and tehy are the ones that have to change their game plan to beat you. not the other way around because you have already disected them.

lakers4sho
11-05-2008, 11:36 PM
It's not just about momentum that matters. The crowd, the hype, and especially the referees (there's no need denying it) are all in favor of the home team.

barreleffact
11-05-2008, 11:54 PM
It's not just about momentum that matters. The crowd, the hype, and especially the referees (there's no need denying it) are all in favor of the home team.

thats VERY true...esp about the refs, but its game 7. on the road, you already know it wont be easy. you have to fight hard and dig deep, but also keep doing what you did the last 3 games. game 4 was the first game that you probably stopped how they were beating you. by that i mean, you see what they did to you and found ways to fix them, and you also found ways to disect their D. but it hasnt happend before for exactly the reasons youve mentioned, but Id rather still have option 1 because it would be great to be the 1st

laker1000
11-06-2008, 12:05 PM
scenario one when you know you got kobe on your team, plus the momentum is on your side.

Highlight
11-06-2008, 12:22 PM
As some of the others have said, momentum has a big part in scenario #1 and I'll take that any day. Although it's nice to win the NBA Finals at home, but I think in scenario #1 the comeback team would have the best shot at a title. Losing 3 in a row and trying to come out on top in the end, is a tough task and highly unlikely in my opinion.

NYMetros
11-06-2008, 08:53 PM

Scenario 1:
Down 0-3 in the NBA Finals Series, but you come back and you take the series to game 7, however you are playing Game 7 on the Road. (no pressure is on you, but if you win it would be the greatest comeback in sports history)

or

Scenario 2:
Up 3-0 in the NBA Finals Series, but then you lose the next 3 games and you are forced to play a game 7 of the NBA Finals at Home. (now all the pressure is on you and if you lose it would be the biggest collapse in Sports History)

I would go with the scenario where I'm trying to go for a historic comeback, even if Game 7 is on the road. If my team was up 3-0 and then we lost the next 3 games, I'm sure the team would feel terrible and would have the weight of the world on their shoulders. Momentum wouldn't be on your side whatsoever.

Nighthawk
11-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Scenario 1 most definitely

Coming back from being down 3-0 must be the greatest feeling.

Lakersfan2483
11-06-2008, 11:43 PM

Scenario 1:

or

Scenario 2:

Scenario no. 2, you always want a game 7 at home.

JordansBulls
11-07-2008, 08:21 AM
Scenario no. 2, you always want a game 7 at home.

That's how I feel as well.