View Full Version : Steelers release Berger

SenecaValley46
11-05-2008, 05:54 PM
sign Ernster as a replacement.

ESPN

Well Berger wasnt healthy maybe it was more serious then led to :shrug:

hyp21
11-05-2008, 06:01 PM
This seems pretty assinine you ask me....I sure hope that they do know something the rest of us don't.

CubbieSteve
11-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Good, Berger has looked like crap over the past couple of weeks imo.

Might as well see if Ernster can a better job.

myqntab
11-06-2008, 12:24 AM
doesnt surprise me......i could do a better job......

Steely McBeam
11-06-2008, 10:05 AM
I think the only reason he even played this past week because he knew this was coming and he was trying to fight for his job. Field position is an important battle and he did a terrible job

wowzman
11-06-2008, 01:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3684561&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Berger looked to be in considerable pain this week (last week as well) and hamstring injuries can take some time to fully heal. A particularly bad sign for a punter. Having made punts of only 27, 32 and 35 yards against Washington and limping around after every single one, it is apparent that something had to be done. He was only signed for a year after Sepulveda was injured in preseason. No point keeping him around taking up a roster spot and since it may take too long for him to be ready to punt again he may have needed to go on IR. So cut him, free up a roster spot and use whatever money you may have saved to find a replacement. Being cut is just a fact of life in the NFL, look at DeAngelo Hall.

NYMetros
11-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Good. He's injured and has been doing bad as of late.