Magic:Rashard Lewis,Jameer Nelson,Tony Battie
Knicks: Stephon Marbury,Eddie Curry

Lineup
pg:Marbury/Johnson/Lee
sg:Pietrus/Bogans/Lee/Reddick
sf:Turk/Pietrus/Richardson
pf:Curry/Cook/Gortat
c:Howard/Gortat/Foyle

Pros: Before you laugh at the trade look into the future. We get rid of Lewis fat contract, we lose that non playmaking point guard Nelson, and we lose a old Battie. But we recieve Marbury's 20 mil expiring contract, and the next year we lose Curry's 9 mil contract which would be the year 2010 where we could go after any of the big name free agents (James,Wade,Bosh,Staudemire,and etc).I would prefer we go after Wade because he would be the player we probally would have the best chance of signing because he has a home in miami and wouldn't be to far from home in orlando. I think any of these free agents would love to come and play with Superman in the sunshine state.

Cons: The bad thing about the trade is we will have Marbury on the team but I think we can survive with him for a year. It also still gives us a chance to compete in the east and we also get a bigger lineup with Marbury and Curry. It also gives lee the chance to develop into a good point guard so he would be starting by 2010.

2010 Lineuo
pg:Lee
sg:Wade
sf:Pietrus
pf:draft prospect
c:Superman

We would have a new big three in D-Wade.Superman,and C.Lee.

What are your thoughts on this trade and it also works finacially with the contracts.

sNaKeS
11-05-2008, 02:52 PM
personally, even though it almost dooms our season this year, I like it. I also would like to know how much cap space they would have because lewis is eating up a ton of space and nelson is commanding a decent amount so maybe we go after wade and bosh in that offseason. Either that or try to sign king james and have superman and the king on the same team.

mightymouse407
11-05-2008, 09:40 PM
if it was guaranteed that we were gonna get a big name player it might be worth it but i still dont know that it would be. so your basically saying you would rather tank these next 2yrs cause Marbury and Curry will not get us into the playoffs just to try to sign LeBron,Wade,Bosh,Staudemire not worth it cause its not promised to us just because we put ourselves in position this would be a real big reach that not even the dumbest GM would make unless he didnt want his job anymore

celticfan
11-05-2008, 09:50 PM
that woul dbe pretty good for you guys.

Gdubbz
11-05-2008, 10:21 PM
if we got wade id be the happiest man. too bad my eyes are bigger than my reality.... :(

MAC10TIZZY
11-06-2008, 12:36 PM
ok so we are 2-2 and you are already willing to throw this season away? and next year?rashard can spread the floor, all bosh would do is demand more touches in the paint, which would take away from dwight, which would force us to lose. come on now, now if you said something like turk and pietrus for dwade , then thatswhatsup

rapjuicer06
11-06-2008, 01:46 PM
bosh would force us to lose? yea i don't think so. bosh would take pressure off of dwight in the paint. dwight wouldn't be getting doubled teamed because of bosh has the jumper too. we have enough guys on this team that can spread the floor. i don't think the trade would screw us for this year at all. lee/pietrus/turk/howard/curry on the floor would be a pretty legit team and then maybe marbury can pick it up and be a good player, and be a threat that he used to be. i wouldnt love this trade, but i wouldnt mind it either

The Magic Man
11-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah I agree we still could be a top 4 team in the east with this trade but we arent playing for a championship we are targeting the 2010 free agents then we start thinking championship.

NYCkid12
11-06-2008, 04:21 PM
No wayy...I understand the idea of clearing cap room for a big star but you would be throwing the next 2 seasons out the window....we should allow turk to leave next year and that will relieve some cap...either way its not guranteed we get a big star

MAC10TIZZY
11-06-2008, 05:04 PM
look! we have been waiting long enough for a championship, why postpone it, two more years, why even take a chance with free agency? marbury would destroy our team and curry cant do nothin' gortat cant do,,,lol....

macc
11-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Yeah I agree with the guy above me, if we were guaranteed one of the big players I wouldn't mind changing things up. With that being said I think we have a solid team, not 100% yet but its pretty solid. A couple more pieces, mainly somone who can slash to the basket at any given time would be nice and we can be championship contenders. To be cont on Lee.....With that being said If I were Lebron James you would think Orlando would be one of his main spots be would like to go. If he wants a career like Jordan because I believe he has a talent to be like him then he would want to be with somone like a Dwight Howard who is young and will dominate the league for somtime as James will as well. The two of them would be even better or at least as good as the Kobe/Shaq tandem and you saw that that worked out for them. Him staying with the Cavs would be about the dumbest thing that guy could do.

rapjuicer06
11-07-2008, 01:21 AM
i can almost guarantee james will go wherever the money is. he will consider who's on the team second if the moneys close.

MagicBucsSox
11-07-2008, 05:08 AM
all these guys are gonna get the max 7yr/140mil deals,teams are gonna land them with who's on the roster,location and championship aspirations

rapjuicer06
11-07-2008, 02:33 PM
you gotta take the marketing into thought too though. thats what i mean. like if he had to choose between the knicks and lets say the bulls, he'd go to what team is better because the marketing would be about the same. but lets say the knicks and the oklahoma thunder we're offering the same contract he'd choose the knicks because marketing is better, and he'll pull in more money