PDA

View Full Version : Would McDyess sign with the Celtics?

NYKnickFanatic
11-05-2008, 02:07 PM
What do you think the chances are that Antonio McDyess will sign with Boston?

That would be a great acquisition for them.

Think they will try to sign him?

thephoenixson28
11-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Denver isn't going to release him

NYKnickFanatic
11-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Denver isn't going to release him

Yes, they will.

ShaunRiching9
11-05-2008, 02:28 PM
how do you know? nynickfanatic

Bob_at_york
11-05-2008, 02:29 PM
"A.D."? Isn't that Antonio Davis? :confused:

NYKnickFanatic
11-05-2008, 02:33 PM
"A.D."? Isn't that Antonio Davis? :confused:

Lmao. :laugh2:
Yes, I messed that up!

:o

NYKnickFanatic
11-05-2008, 02:34 PM
how do you know? nynickfanatic

It on espn.com.

Devils05
11-05-2008, 03:17 PM
He won't be playing for anyone other than the Pistons.

LAKERS 24/7
11-05-2008, 03:22 PM
That would be a ****ed up thing to do. The pistons and celtics are somewhat rivals, and if he goes to them it's be somewhat of a betryal. Imagine something like Bynum for the Lakers signing with boston.

Bob_at_york
11-05-2008, 03:24 PM
That would be a ****ed up thing to do. The pistons and celtics are somewhat rivals, and if he goes to them it's be somewhat of a betryal. Imagine something like Bynum for the Lakers signing with boston.
Are you kidding me? He wanted to finish his career with the Pistons. They were the ones who betrayed him first by trading him. If I were him I would be a little bit angry with the Pistons organization and wouldn't mind sticking it to them.

Gibby23
11-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Are you kidding me? He wanted to finish his career with the Pistons. They were the ones who betrayed him first by trading him. If I were him I would be a little bit angry with the Pistons organization and wouldn't mind sticking it to them.

Why? he gets bought out of his contract and gets a new contract and will make more money. They might have one of those deals where Denver is going to buy him out and he come back. Kind of like Brent Barry.

king4day
11-05-2008, 03:56 PM
According to a league source, the Celtics would be especially interested in bringing in the veteran power forward. The C’s initially attempted to sign McDyess in 2004. He instead chose to sign with the Pistons, who at the time were opening defense of a world championship.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2008_11_05_Antonio_McDyess_interests_Celtics/

Bob_at_york
11-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Why? he gets bought out of his contract and gets a new contract and will make more money. They might have one of those deals where Denver is going to buy him out and he come back. Kind of like Brent Barry.

Because he may not get bought out and if he does, he will end up most likely losing money in the process (unless he signs a contract next summer).

LD V2.0
11-05-2008, 04:17 PM

If they make a good offer he would be stupid not to take it.

BRADY4MVP
11-05-2008, 04:18 PM

well if he wants to win a championship, which some players value, then i can def. picture him signing with us :up:

i mean yea, it does suck that the team wanted to "trade" him, but im sure there is a secret-handshake going on that he will get the $$ to be bought out, then go back for the league min.?? to detroit.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-05-2008, 04:39 PM
he would make the Celtics so tough to beat. he would be PJ Brown but younger and better range. if the Celtics get Mcdyess, you can basically give them 60+ wins easy. imagine how difficult it would be to defend a line up of House, Ray, pierce, McDyess, and KG at center when they need scoring.

hope it happens but im not counting on it.

tonyd3b54
11-05-2008, 04:42 PM
i would love this if it happened

bostncelts34
11-05-2008, 05:03 PM
I dont see why there isnt a good chance that could happen.

1. He wants a ring bad, and boston is a damn good place for a chance to get one.

2. He will have good amount of playing time, considering all we have is Leon, Perk, And kg for consistent big men.

3. Unless a deal was made prior to detroit trading him, why would he want to go back?

Wilson
11-05-2008, 05:30 PM
It would be great for McDyess and for Boston. I thought he wanted to end his career in Motown though. If he is interested in signing somewhere else, I'd like the Lakers to make an offer for him too :clap:

JordansBulls
11-05-2008, 05:43 PM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2008_11_05_Antonio_McDyess_interests_Celtics/

Celtics need another big man and scorer off the bench. If they get Mcdyess he could replace what they lost in Posey including the growth of Tony Allen.

DerekRE_3
11-05-2008, 05:49 PM
If I'm the Celtics or the Hornets, I'm jumping to sign this guy. He's still got a good amount left in the tank. Other than Leon Powe the Celtics don't have much big men on the bench. Same thing with the Hornets, they don't have a lot of depth at the PF or C positions.

MiamiHeat
11-05-2008, 05:51 PM
He will only sign with Detroit

_Sn1P3r_
11-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Yeah, that's what I heard. ^ It would be pretty sick for Boston if they signed McDyess though.

Lakers4ItAll
11-05-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm sure every Team will try and sign him.

3RDASYSTEM
11-05-2008, 11:15 PM
McDyess is pullin the B Barry/Stackhouse thang, i know Dumars prob told him that he had to be included in deal to make numbers work n pull buyout move to come back, why u think hes so determined to get buyout, so he can start his 30 day layoff to come back to Motown

LeBrowns
11-06-2008, 12:07 AM
cavs baby!

bagwell368
11-06-2008, 12:26 AM
he would make the Celtics so tough to beat. he would be PJ Brown but younger and better range. if the Celtics get Mcdyess, you can basically give them 60+ wins easy. imagine how difficult it would be to defend a line up of House, Ray, pierce, McDyess, and KG at center when they need scoring.

House? Bleech.. Who is going to pass the ball, and bring the ball up? Everything else you say is 100% correct

LeBrowns
11-06-2008, 12:44 AM
i believe from an article i read the cavs can offer more money than any other team mcdyess would consider going to

Wilson
11-06-2008, 12:53 AM
i believe from an article i read the cavs can offer more money than any other team mcdyess would consider going to

The Cavs are waaaaaay over the salary cap (http://hoopshype.com/salaries/cleveland.htm), all they could offer is their MLE.

IversonIsKrazy
11-06-2008, 12:57 AM
i hope he signs w/ pistons. man thats pretty messed 4 denver though if u think abt it.

U trade AI in return of Billups and Samb. But pay an extra $14m. thas pretty much the deal if they buy out McDyess' contract.

cmstophe
11-06-2008, 02:14 AM
He might go to Cleveland.

McDyess has two years and nearly $14 million left on his contract. The Nuggets would prefer he play it out with them, but he has made it clear he wants to become a free agent. Just a few million above the luxury-tax threshold and not wanting to pay him not to play, the Nuggets are driving a hard bargain that might require McDyess to give up a significant portion of his salary.

The Pistons have just $1.6 million left from their mid-level exception or their $1.9 million bi-annual exception to offer McDyess. The Celtics have 15 guaranteed contracts on their roster and have $2.4 million left to offer. The Spurs have just under $2.1 million. The Cavs, though, have just over $5.1 million which they could use in whole or part.

It would cost the Cavs double to make such a deal because they are over the tax line and it would mean a dollar-for-dollar penalty. That fact could give them pause. However, if they clear all the hurdles in getting Eric Snow's disability claim accepted, that could save them around $10 million in luxury tax savings and insurance coverage.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2008/11/cavaliers_insider_a_battle_for.html#more

Interesting. Thoughts on if he'd even be worth it for Cleveland?

Er1c
11-06-2008, 02:23 AM
watch him sign with the lakers. :D

Joshtd1
11-06-2008, 11:22 AM
I know he would make our team older, but I would love MdDyess. Would be a big upgrade over Bonner, and would probably end up finishing the games next to Duncan.

dangrant75
11-06-2008, 09:28 PM
This would be awesome, but it would create quite a log jam at the PF spot. I know the Celts love to play Powe and Davis together but adding another lowpost guy without a lot of length doesn't make sense without moving someone else at that position.
Don't get me wrong I would take McDyess over any low post guy they've got except KG.

Wilson
11-06-2008, 09:53 PM
watch him sign with the lakers. :D

Hopefully :D

I know he would make our team older, but I would love MdDyess. Would be a big upgrade over Bonner, and would probably end up finishing the games next to Duncan.

I think McDyess fits with the Spurs perfectly. He plays good defense, and could possibly help your scoring a bit.

This would be awesome, but it would create quite a log jam at the PF spot. I know the Celts love to play Powe and Davis together but adding another lowpost guy without a lot of length doesn't make sense without moving someone else at that position.
Don't get me wrong I would take McDyess over any low post guy they've got except KG.

I don't think it'd be too much of an issue, the Pistons were playing him at center weren't they?

astrosmaniac
11-06-2008, 10:10 PM
its one of those under the table deals where its, ill trade him to you to match salaries, then you release him and il get him back for the vets min

unwantedplayer
11-06-2008, 10:16 PM
He wouldn't be a bad signing, but who would we release to open a spot?

A-TrainDopeMan
11-06-2008, 10:28 PM
I heard that it is practically a done deal that McDyess will sign with the Celtics, so Celtics fans should definitely get their hopes up.

dudeonthemoon
11-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Denver really wants him to come in and he thinks they mistreated him when he got traded in 2002, but Dyess has never won a championship and Boston gives him the best chance

good replacement for pj brown

JOSETHEALLSTAR
11-06-2008, 11:37 PM
he wants to end his career in Detroit

Wilson
11-07-2008, 12:55 AM
I heard that it is practically a done deal that McDyess will sign with the Celtics, so Celtics fans should definitely get their hopes up.

Do you have any links?

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2008, 01:00 AM

where did u hear that? i hope your right. he gives the Celtics a lot of depth. he hasnt even been bought out yet, how could he have a deal in place with the Celtics?