PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Rookie Rankings

jnb58
11-05-2008, 01:26 PM
This is David Thorpe's rookie rankings. I'm not surprised with who is number 1 or Oden dropping from 1 to 17. The surprise is where Batum and Bayless are on the board.

All the Blazer rookies are in the top 20 though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings

I think Gasol could be rookie of the year if he stays steady with these numbers (duh).

A.Mopp
11-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Rudy is number 1!

:clap:

jnb58
11-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Rudy is number 1!

:clap:

I was happy to see it. I think he was 5 last week. No. 1 is legit though. Oregonlive says he may start next to Roy.

It got updated in the time I posted till now.

Rudy 1
Batum 12
Oden 19
Bayless 20

A.Mopp
11-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Batum has really impressed me so far. That was a great pickup by KP.

jnb58
11-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Batum has been awesome. The thing he has over other rookies is that he has already been a pro for more than at year.

He played is a very physical league. I originally thought (after LV) that he should stay in Europe and hone his skills. Obviously I was wrong.

Vincent
11-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Hello Blazer fans.

I found my way to the Blazers' forum and just would like to ask how good Rudy Fernadez is. I only got to see him play in the Laker's blowout, and saw the ESPN Rookie rankings.

I'm a Chicago fan, and I've seen how awesome Rose looks so far. So I was curious to see how Rudy has performed so far, that he would be placed above Rose.

This is not malicious at all. Nothing but love.

A.Mopp
11-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Rudy has had an excellent first few games. He has shot 46% from the field and 40% from beyond the arc. also hitting 93% of his free throws, he also has a PER 24.55. Highest among all rookies.

Ansy
11-07-2008, 02:01 AM
Vincent, Rudy's 14ppg have come in only 9 FGA per contest. He's also only gotten 27mpg and might be a 20ppg scorer were he to play a full schedule.

That said, Rose has been a stud and is definitely favored to have the better NBA career. These rankings are a reflection of who has had the best season so far, not who will have the best career and Rudy's efficiency combined with his unreal PER (24.5!) make him pretty clearly the best player over the first couple of games.

Vincent
11-07-2008, 06:04 AM
Cool thanks for the Per Statistic.

I watched him play tonight, and he looked like the real deal.

I really like his jumper, his feet are set on the shot (even on fade aways), and his shots have a beautiful arc to them.

With the ball, he reminds me a lot of Manu, with his twisting and turning to the basket. He really seems to be a well balanced offensive player.

It will be interesting to see Portland fit him into the lineup. He definitely has starter level talent.

lakers4sho
11-11-2008, 03:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings

He provides more than just box-score numbers. His energy, activity and feel for the game make the players around him better.

After watching him in person, I see that he is much "springier" than I had thought. Not just in his ability to jump -- yes, I saw his dunk in China this summer -- but in his overall ability to move suddenly to important spots on the floor. In scouting terms, he has very "live legs."

Rudy for R.O.Y. :clap:

A.Mopp
11-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Rudy is still the no.1 rookie, he is playing better then i thought he would have 10 games into the season. But i love what i am seeing