PDA

View Full Version : Who wins the Scoring Title now?

JordansBulls
11-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Since Melo and Iverson are not on the same team anymore I would assume their scoring would increase.

However you still have Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Joe Johnson, maybe even Amare in the mix to win the scoring crown.

Fireworld
11-04-2008, 06:23 PM
James

Wilson
11-04-2008, 06:23 PM
I don't expect Kobe to win it this year, with Pau and Bynum there to get touches, and the fact that both Kobe and Phil Jackson said that they are hoping to decrease Bryant's minutes a bit.

I was expecting LeBron James to win it again this season, with Amare Stoudemire and possibly Dwyane Wade being the others in the race. Now with Melo as the clear cut 1st option in Denver though, I wouldn't be at all suprised to see him take it.

dgo24
11-04-2008, 06:25 PM
I don't expect Kobe to win it this year, with Pau and Bynum there to get touches, and the fact that both Kobe and Phil Jackson said that they are hoping to decrease Bryant's minutes a bit.

I was expecting LeBron James to win it again this season, with Amare Stoudemire and possibly Dwyane Wade being the others in the race. Now with Melo as the clear cut 1st option in Denver though, I wouldn't be at all suprised to see him take it.

Agree.

MiamiHeat
11-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Homer pick:
Wade

laker1000
11-04-2008, 06:40 PM
carmelo could win it now that he has billups as his PG

LAKERS 24/7
11-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Joe Johnson? Why?

Gibby23
11-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Dirk

IBleedPurple
11-04-2008, 07:18 PM
With a pg like Billups, and being such a selfish player, goin with 'Melo.

LeBron/Kobe are tough guys to beat out though. The Lakers are too deep for Kobe to hog the shots, and LeBron knows that his team does better when he isn't the only scoring option. If the ball goes to Melo, it doesn't go anywhere else....

cmellofan15
11-04-2008, 07:24 PM
I hope Carmelo doesn't win. We need to develop a low post presence and an increase in scoring from him wouldn't be to helpful...

barreleffact
11-04-2008, 07:27 PM
where's beno to say kevin martin?

jp... but seriously, i dont see this as being a year that multiple people have 30+ point seasons. I see lebron being the one scoring the most and I see a pretty big gap in between him and teh number 2... like maybe 2-3 points difference when its all said and done

Teeboy1487
11-04-2008, 07:40 PM
For some reason I believe Wade will be the scoring king this year.

JordansBulls
11-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Mo Williams is more of a scorer than Billups.

Raidaz4Life
11-04-2008, 08:17 PM
AI.... he's the only real scorer on the Pistons

lions_RW11
11-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Come on how does Chris bosh not make that list.

chicagowhitesox
11-04-2008, 09:01 PM
vince carter???????????????????????????????
lololololololollololololololollololololololollolol ololololollololololololollololololololollololololo lolollololololololollololololololollololololololol lololololololollololololololollololololololollolol ololololollololololololollololololololollololololo lolollololololololollololololololollololololololol lololololololollololololololollololololololollolol ololololollololololololollololololololollololololo lolollololololololollololololololollololololololol lololololololollololololololollololololololollolol ololololollololololololollololololololollololololo lolol

JJ81
11-04-2008, 09:19 PM
I don't think it will be Kobe this season because he won't need to take the team on his shoulders in the same way as he did in the past as often.

Zefflin
11-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Lebron will. With STAT and Melo in the mix.

dre1990
11-04-2008, 09:57 PM
LeBron or Melo

Lakers4ItAll
11-04-2008, 11:04 PM
I would say Lebron or Melo

Kaptain Kanada
11-04-2008, 11:23 PM

Probably because Chris Bosh is a team first player, and he doesn't dominate offensively like a Kobe or Melo. I love CB4... but there are no scoring titles in his future.

S.J.Basketball
11-04-2008, 11:26 PM
LOL @ Vince even being on this list.

S.J.Basketball
11-04-2008, 11:27 PM
I don't think it will be Kobe this season because he won't need to take the team on his shoulders in the same way as he did in the past as often.

I agree. With so many offensive threats on the Lakers it takes the pressure off Kobe to have to be the man night in and night out. He'll probably average around 24 ppg this year.

BullsNumber1Fan
11-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Carmelo Anthony fairly easily IMO after the AI-Billups trade. They trade away the player who takes half the shots that Melo could shoot. Add a few points for him getting more shots, add a few points for him getting more open looks due to Chauncey Billups. He is already scoring 26+ ppg, plus around 5 ppg with what I just stated, that is around 30-33 ppg which I think will be enough ppg to win the scoring title.

BullsNumber1Fan
11-04-2008, 11:36 PM
JordansBulls has a mancrush on Vince Carter and Carmelo Anthony, just go to the Bulls forum and check it out because everybody knows that he will come up with a trade to attempt to get one, or both, of them in Chicago weekly. No lie!

I am just playing with you JordansBulls.:p

Lakersfan2483
11-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Since Melo and Iverson are not on the same team anymore I would assume their scoring would increase.

However you still have Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Joe Johnson, maybe even Amare in the mix to win the scoring crown.

I don't forsee Kobe winning it because he has a lot of talent on his team and he won't need to score as much as he used to. I can see Lebron winning the scoring title again because he doesn't have major scorers on his team, his team is comprised of blue-collar, hard-nosed players. Lebron will most likely lead the league in scoring and shot attempts. A dark horse for the scoring title is, Dirk Nowitzki.

JordansBulls
11-05-2008, 12:55 AM
LOL @ Vince even being on this list.

Who else do they have on the team that can score?

AFlagRules
11-05-2008, 12:57 AM
Lbj!

Gibby23
11-05-2008, 12:58 AM
Who else do they have on the team that can score?

Vince will get you about 22 to 24 ppg but that is about it for him, he is not what he was.

zambo4president
11-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Melo

IndyRealist
11-05-2008, 01:09 AM
AI.... he's the only real scorer on the Pistons

Richard Hamilton? He's the second incarnation of Reggie Miller, minus the attitude. Seriously if he could develop that Miller attitude, he'd easily be a hall of famer.

Gotta go with Melo or Amare. No one's ever doubted Amare's effectiveness offensively, and the Suns are leaning on him more and more.

Melo's got the PG he needs to step up his game, and now it's clearly his team. The problem with AI-Melo was that AI never deferred to Anthony, there was no clear cut leader. It's his team now, for better or worse.

prash
11-05-2008, 02:19 AM
I'm saying Wade gets it this year. LBJ is the obvious favorite. Kobe will be in the top 3 no doubt; Iverson top 5.

cuttygiantsfan
11-05-2008, 02:30 AM
ima say duncan

EricGordon#10
11-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Joe Johnson or Dirk Nowitski

8kobe24
11-05-2008, 12:18 PM
James

X2. I voted for James, simply because Kobe no longer needs to have big games in order to win.

Lost Art
11-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Lebron or Melo...........Kobe doesn't need to score that much anymore

JordansBulls
11-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Joe Johnson or Dirk Nowitski

You think Dirk could get it?

x_notorious
11-05-2008, 01:23 PM
LeBron James.

Kobe doesn't need to score 30+ a night anymore.

Brooke
11-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Kobe probably wont, in fact I think his numbers might go down a little bit(scoring wise) since he has other people he can give the ball to who can score consistently

He doesnt need to score 30+ everynight now

Zefflin
11-05-2008, 01:36 PM

Good dark horse guess.

NYKnickFanatic
11-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Why is Carter even on there? lol

Gibby23
11-05-2008, 02:31 PM

He had 1 off game but I think he will be putting up 30 a night.

Chronz
11-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Melo

pebloemer
11-05-2008, 03:01 PM

Has he ever gotten over 23 ppg? I expect him to eclipse that mark this year, but not significantly enough to put him up to 30ppg where I would expect the top scorer would reside.

Lost Art
11-05-2008, 03:15 PM
I honestly see this year being one of those years where nobody scores over 27ppg and the scoring title goes to someone random.

- Kobe: has so much firepower nowadays that he doesn't need to score as much and I think that he has found he can now be just as effective as a playmaker / scorer

- Lebron: also has more help this season and has a couple of young guys that are really stepping up and our ready to contribute. I think that he's realizing that the "one man show" isn't the path to success and is going to tone his scoring down in favor of team success (ala Kobe last season)

- AI: he's not going to get enough shots in Detroit to put up 30ppg, their system won't allow it

- Tmac: hasn't been a big threat for the scoring title in a while and with the addition of Artest, I don't think it's going to happen

* This basically leaves Melo and a bunch of randoms IMO. I could really see Melo winning it with AI off the team and him as the unquestioned focal point of that offense. Although I don't think that's what Karl wants since he's really stressed the team concept lately.

So Dirk, Bosh, Joe Johnson, Dwight, Amare, Wade, Vince Carter ????????????? This might be a random year as far as the scoring title this year. I predict 27-28ppg wins the title this season, book it!

mrblisterdundee
11-05-2008, 03:37 PM
I doubt the Nuggets will improve much on defense (they can't get any worse), so the team's pace will be fast and Carmello will score a lot of points, putting him in the running. The only real competition I see is Amare, since Shaq has moved him to power forward where he can totally dominate. Bosh is a slim possibility, but not very realistic.
The pace of the nuggets will keep Iverson from winning a scoring title.
Wade's threesome with Beasley and Marion will keep him from scoring the most in the NBA.
Kobe's threesome with Gasol and Bynum-Odom (they count as one player offensively) will keep him from winning it.
LeBron barely won it last year, so Mo will definitely keep him from it this year.
The Hawks have too many options to contain one scoring champion.

mrblisterdundee
11-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Dirk

Dirk just fails at whatever you ask of him.

Wilson
11-05-2008, 03:43 PM
I doubt the Nuggets will improve much on defense (they can't get any worse), so the team's pace will be fast and Carmello will score a lot of points, putting him in the running. The only real competition I see is Amare, since Shaq has moved him to power forward where he can totally dominate. Bosh is a slim possibility, but not very realistic.
The pace of the nuggets will keep Iverson from winning a scoring title.
Wade's threesome with Beasley and Marion will keep him from scoring the most in the NBA.
Kobe's threesome with Gasol and Bynum-Odom (they count as one player offensively) will keep him from winning it.
LeBron barely won it last year, so Mo will definitely keep him from it this year.
The Hawks have too many options to contain one scoring champion.

I think they should improve. I mean a backcourt of Billups and Smith is better than Carter and Iverson. Melo says he's been working on defense, and Nene in the middle is no slouch.

Gibby23
11-05-2008, 03:44 PM

A lot of players fail, every year only 1 team is left standing and the rest fail. I don't know what team you like, but you have the Blazers in your Avatar and Dirk is more of a winner than anyone on that team. Dirk is a great player and this year, with Harris gone and Kidd at the point Dirk wil have to score more and he has been so far.

JordansBulls
11-05-2008, 05:48 PM

That's crap. Couldn't we say any player in the league is a failure as well? We could call Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Lebron James, Dwight Howard, etc, all of we could call failures. None of them have titles and only one has even been to the Finals.