PDA

View Full Version : I watched the Cleveland Cavs against Dallas..

RaysFan
11-04-2008, 03:32 PM
And they looked very good. Much better than last year. 4 things really stood out to me...

1. Mo Williams is a perfect fit. He is good enough on defense but he can really shoot the ball and create his own shot. He can also run the point. He is like a younger version of Jason Terry but maybe a bit more talented. His talent is perfect to play with LeBron.

2. Ben Wallace looks active again. He was all over the place doing all of the little things that this team needs.

3. They have good shooters. Boobie Gibson is very good and can really hit the open shot. He has also improved off the dribble. It wouldn't shock me to see him in the running for 6th man of the year. Wally is playing with more confidence. He was never as bad as he was last year and it looks like he has re-gained his stroke. Delonte West, when left open, is deadly from 3.

4. They are VERY active on defense. They are really long from the 3-5 positions and the rest of their guys really fly around. They really close out quickly. Their defense impressed me against a good Dallas team.

Now I know that Dallas isn't great this year, but for Cleveland to beat them at Dallas is fairly impressive.

Gibby23
11-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Did you watch the 2 games they lost?

MiamiHeat
11-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Cavs forum?

Kenny
11-04-2008, 03:40 PM

losing to the hornets and celtics arent bad loses

OY!
11-04-2008, 03:42 PM

and wining against the bobcats and dallas is not really that good wins either.

Gibby23
11-04-2008, 03:47 PM

Beating a Dallas team on the way down, and a sorry bobcats team are not good wins.

Gibby23
11-04-2008, 03:49 PM
The Hornets were missing Peja and Chandler that game, so it was a very bad loss.

RaysFan
11-04-2008, 03:51 PM
I saw the Celtics game and it was about what I expected. It was a really close game that came down to the wire. I didn't see the Hornets or Charlotte game. I am just posting what I saw last night. Geez, take the stick out of your *** for a second.

Gibby23
11-04-2008, 03:56 PM
I saw the Celtics game and it was about what I expected. It was a really close game that came down to the wire. I didn't see the Hornets or Charlotte game. I am just posting what I saw last night. Geez, take the stick out of your *** for a second.

Off of 1 game, that like me saying the Lakers looker really good because they beat a sorry clipper team by like 38 points, when the truth is the Lakers are 3-0 but they haven't played anyone yet.

The Cavs are going to be the same as last year, they will win 50 something games and with Lebron in the playoffs, they have a really good chance to go to the finals. If Lebron get's to the finals, they have a good chance to win, because dude is sick, even though I want the Lakers to take it, LBJ scares me more than the Celtics big 3.

JordansBulls
11-04-2008, 03:59 PM
and wining against the bobcats and dallas is not really that good wins either.

But winning against Portland, Clippers and Denver is better I assume.
:rolleyes:

Gibby23
11-04-2008, 04:01 PM
But winning against Portland, Clippers and Denver is better I assume.
:rolleyes:

I don't think he was talking about the Lakers, and yes, they won games they were suppose to win. The Cavs were suppose to beat the Hornets without Peja and Chandler and they didn't.

IndiansFan337
11-04-2008, 04:03 PM

On the road for both games, they were within striking distance in both games. Granted, NO was missing some pieces. But that still is not an easy team to beat on their home court. Same with Boston.

We are capable of beating any team on any given night, even with our 9-10 man rotation & LeBron's minutes being "limited".

Once the playoffs arrive & LeBron is playing 45+ mpg we will be a threat to defeat any team in the entire NBA in a 7 game series.

JordansBulls
11-04-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't think he was talking about the Lakers, and yes, they won games they were suppose to win. The Cavs were suppose to beat the Hornets without Peja and Chandler and they didn't.

How were they supposed to win on the road agains them?

The Hornets without Peja and Chandler is probably equal to the Cavs regular team. And then you factor in they were at home.

Gibby23
11-04-2008, 04:18 PM
How were they supposed to win on the road agains them?

The Hornets without Peja and Chandler is probably equal to the Cavs regular team. And then you factor in they were at home.

That is what good teams are suppose to do, beat a team without 2 starters.

So, you are saying if the Cavs don't have home court in the playoffs they should just mail it in because they are not suppose to beat another good team on the road? It makes no sense.

Mallpha
11-04-2008, 04:30 PM
I agree that Cavs look quite impresive and im very very suprised how active Wallace is i was pretty sure he is done. Personaly i think Cavs made a big step forward but not sure if they are good enough to beat the best teams.

cmstophe
11-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Ben Wallace has been a beast this season so far. What's gotten into him? Anderson Verajao too.

JordansBulls
11-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Ben Wallace has been a beast this season so far. What's gotten into him? Anderson Verajao too.

3 ppg and 7 rpg is a beast?
:confused:

AFlagRules
11-04-2008, 05:26 PM
I watched Philadelphia against Sacramento....I also watched Philadelphia against Toronto and boy the difference is clear :).