PDA

View Full Version : Better Chance to Get a Ring this year: T-mac or Iverson

JordansBulls
11-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Both players have been in the league 10 years now and neither have won titles. However, both have been elite players in the league for years.

Both players are on elite teams as well now. T-mac on Houston who has Yao Ming and who has added Ron Artest and Iverson now on the Pistons with most of the core that won the title in 2004 and who also went back to the finals in 2005.

With that said, which guy has the better chance to get their first ring this year?

still1ballin
11-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm going to say Iverson, the Rockets are by far the better team then the Pistons, but Detriot plays in a weak Eastern conference and really only have to worry about the Celtics, on the other had Tmac's Rockets have to worry about many elite teams out in west.

DerekRE_3
11-04-2008, 03:11 PM
I'd say T-Mac. He has Yao and Artest, and Artest always plays the best his first year with a team and has past success with Rick Adelmam, who is one of the mos underrated coaches in the NBA.

NYMetros
11-04-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm a Pistons fan, so I may be biased, but I'll say Iverson has a better chance. The Rockets will have to go through some really tough teams in the west. Dallas, Phoenix, San Antonio, Denver, LA Lakers, Utah, Portland, and New Orleans all are very tough teams. In the east, the only real competition is Boston, Cleveland, Philly, and Orlando. There's some good teams like Toronto, Milwaukee, and Chicago, but ultimately they really don't have much of a shot at winning the Eastern conference.

The west is just much stronger from top to bottom. There's 9-10 teams in that conference that have championship caliber talent. In the east, I'd only say there's 4-6 championship caliber teams.

NYKnickFanatic
11-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Going with TMac.

I would like to see them both win rings at one point, but I honestly dont think either of them ever will.

OY!
11-04-2008, 03:40 PM
well let's see. T-Mac, never went to the 2nd round in his entire career. or Ai, a guy who HAS been in the finals. I'll go with Ai :D

Burkey3472
11-04-2008, 03:58 PM
I gotta go with AI

Tmac has a better team, but the West is so much better then the east

Wilson
11-04-2008, 04:12 PM
As tough as the West is, I still prefer T-Mac's chances over Iverson's. The Rockets have been built on defense, which wins in the play-offs. The Pistons traded away defense and chemistry for Iverson, and I don't think that's going to get it done against the Celtics.

dnnug
11-04-2008, 04:27 PM
T-Mac has to go through Kobe, Iverson has to go through Pierce,Garnett and Allen so to be real I don't think either one of them stand a real chance.

NYKnickFanatic
11-04-2008, 04:28 PM
T-Mac has to go through Kobe, Iverson has to go through Pierce,Garnett and Allen so to be real I don't think either one of them stand a real chance.

Rockets > Lakers

JordansBulls
11-04-2008, 04:30 PM

Iverson may have to go thru Boston eventually, but T-mac may not even have to go thru Kobe to get it. Only team better than Detroit in the east is the Celtics but the Cavaliers can probably beat them as well.

charlsdq7
11-04-2008, 04:39 PM
I think both have a good chance, but Iverson has a better chance..

jetsfan89
11-04-2008, 04:44 PM
The Rockets have the potential to be the best team in the West. I'll go with TMAC. The Artest pickup was so underrated and really helps him.

Mallpha
11-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Looking at the teams i would say T-Mac and the Rockets but Iverson is one of those players that could change alone the game who knows what he can do witha team like Pistons.

laker1000
11-04-2008, 05:12 PM
T-mac has a way better team but iverson plays in the east with a little less competition and they have a good chance to get to the finals.

Wilson
11-04-2008, 05:35 PM
I don't get the 'easier road in the play-offs' argument. After this trade, the Rockets have a much better chance of beating LA, SA, NO or Utah than Detroit does of beating Boston, IMO.

tdp247
11-04-2008, 10:51 PM
I think either will win but i'd have to say A.I. has a better chance of getting there because of the competition in the east

#1Mavericksfan
11-04-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm going with Iverson...the Pistons remind me of the 2001 76ers that made it all the way to the Finals, the 76ers were an all defensive team and Iverson fit in with that team very well and the Pistons remind me of them...I think if Iverson could take the Pistons far.

Zefflin
11-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Gotta go with AI, at least he's been out of the first round and carried a **** team to the finals.

Lakersfan2483
11-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Iverson may have to go thru Boston eventually, but T-mac may not even have to go thru Kobe to get it. Only team better than Detroit in the east is the Celtics but the Cavaliers can probably beat them as well.

Trust me JB, he will have to go through Kobe if he wants to get a ring. LA is the best team out west until proven otherwise. We beat Denver 4-0, beat Utah 4-2, and beat San Antonio 4-1 last playoffs. We have improved this year, by adding Bynum to the mix, not to mention the emergence of T. Ariza and Lamar comes off the bench to give us an added boost. I say that to say this, you can count on any team out west having to go through the Lakers....
LA will be there in the end, you can count on it.

Sox Appeal
11-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Trust me JB, he will have to go through Kobe if he wants to get a ring. LA is the best team out west until proven otherwise. We beat Denver 4-0, beat Utah 4-2, and beat San Antonio 4-1 last playoffs. We have improved this year, by adding Bynum to the mix, not to mention the emergence of T. Ariza and Lamar comes off the bench to give us an added boost. I say that to say this, you can count on any team out west having to go through the Lakers....

That can't be said enough. The West is so much tougher then the East, it's scary. Outside of Boston, Detroit, and MAYBE Cleveland, I don't see another title contender in the conference.The West on the other hand has, New Orleans, San Antonio, Utah, LA, etc who are all very capable of winning the NBA championship.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetroit!!!

KobeIs
11-05-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm gonna have to say Iverson just cuz of the fact that their players can stay relatively healthy.

Sox Appeal
11-05-2008, 12:53 AM
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetroit!!!

:nod:

NFLNBA
11-05-2008, 12:59 AM
EASY!!!!!!!!! A.I will def have a chance in the east with the Pistons, Rockets have to go through the Lakers and Hornets not gonna happen

JordansBulls
11-05-2008, 01:05 AM
I don't get the 'easier road in the play-offs' argument. After this trade, the Rockets have a much better chance of beating LA, SA, NO or Utah than Detroit does of beating Boston, IMO.

That's how I thought about it as well.

IversonIsKrazy
11-05-2008, 02:42 AM
well for either of them to win a ring, they gotta beat their conference. i can never c sum1 in the west beating lakers, i just dont c it happening. while i could c pistons beating celtics. and Iverson has always played well against lebron's cavs. I think in the last 3 seasons, AI has a record of 4-1 against lebron's cavs. i still remember how close pistons were to beat boston, the only thing stopping them wwas there offence, the answere has arrived. The finals r going to b this, mark my words.

LA Lakers VS Detroit Pistons

Lakersfan2483
11-05-2008, 03:41 AM
That can't be said enough. The West is so much tougher then the East, it's scary. Outside of Boston, Detroit, and MAYBE Cleveland, I don't see another title contender in the conference.The West on the other hand has, New Orleans, San Antonio, Utah, LA, etc who are all very capable of winning the NBA championship.

The West is definitely tougher to play in, LA, Dallas, Utah, New Orleans, San Antonio, and even Phx. all are teams that have great talent and will make it difficult for T-Mac to come out of the west. Obviously, LA, New Orleans and Utah are the top threats out west and are good enough to win it all.

As far as the East is concerned, I see three main teams that are capable of coming out and they are, Boston, Cleveland and Detroit. Adding a guy like Iverson is huge for Detroit because they have a player who can take over in the 4th quarter and make plays for others. Detroit has a great chance to make it to the finals especially if their bench plays well for them. I am interested in seeing how Rodney Stuckey develops this year, he is critical to their success.

Lakers4ItAll
11-05-2008, 08:42 AM
A Healthy TMac and the Rockets deff have a better shot.

bostncelts34
11-05-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm going to say Iverson, the Rockets are by far the better team then the Pistons, but Detriot plays in a weak Eastern conference and really only have to worry about the Celtics, on the other had Tmac's Rockets have to worry about many elite teams out in west.

lol im so sick of people using that excuse.

Boston
Detroit
Cleveland
philly/toronto/magic (pick one)

are Not far behind at ALL from

Lakers
hornets
Spurs
pick one..

Stop saying the " weaker eastern conference"

bostncelts34
11-05-2008, 11:30 AM
well for either of them to win a ring, they gotta beat their conference. i can never c sum1 in the west beating lakers, i just dont c it happening. while i could c pistons beating celtics. and Iverson has always played well against lebron's cavs. I think in the last 3 seasons, AI has a record of 4-1 against lebron's cavs. i still remember how close pistons were to beat boston, the only thing stopping them wwas there offence, the answere has arrived. The finals r going to b this, mark my words.

LA Lakers VS Detroit Pistons

lol you could NEVER see someone beating the lakers? wow lol ALl Hail bynum i guess huh?

Detroits offense isnt what made them lose to boston. It was BOSTONS defense. Doesnt matter who they had. And, actuall Atlanta and Cleveland were closer to ebating boston than detroit was. We handled them in 6, and won on their court :). twice.

$ NyC $
11-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Both have a good bench and a great starting 5 so that's when you look at the bench and their benches r also kinda even so i think they both have an equal chance.

king4day
11-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Detroit has an easier road, but I think the West matches up well against them.

JordansBulls
11-05-2008, 02:08 PM

Yeah someone will have to worry about the Lakers, but it may not be Houston who does.

IversonIsKrazy
11-06-2008, 12:52 AM
i dont c houston winning the west. thas jus tha way i feel abt them. lakers can beat them, and i gotta say i would rank hornets over rockets 2. 4 the pistons, the philly/toronto/magic teams can't yet compete on a championship level. And AI as been outstanding against the cavs in his career, so i wouldn't neccesarly worry abt cavs. the only team that can beat em r the celtics. SO detroit has a 50% chance making the finals, while rockets r around 30%. If Detroit has a better chance of making the finals, i would say they would have a better chance of winning the title. AI 2 get his ring!

myoo2182
11-06-2008, 04:53 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth. :cheers:

Although the East is getting stronger, the West is still too competitive for the top 8 spots. Both teams have strong starts with Detroit going unbeaten thusfar (without A.I. yet) and Houston only losing to Boston the current champs, but its a higher probablility that Detroit will have a higher seed in the east than Houston will have in the west, thus securing Home Court for most of the playoffs.

The key is, if A.I. can focus on team D and play a slower tempo game while getting shots for others.

myoo2182
11-06-2008, 04:56 PM
lol you could NEVER see someone beating the lakers? wow lol ALl Hail bynum i guess huh?

Detroits offense isnt what made them lose to boston. It was BOSTONS defense. Doesnt matter who they had. And, actuall Atlanta and Cleveland were closer to ebating boston than detroit was. We handled them in 6, and won on their court :). twice.

Hm.. I feel like the Lakers will come out of the West again this year.. but thats not to say they can't be beaten... The Hornets and Rockets have a shot at it. Cp3 always gives his team a chance... and Houston has got their best shot they've had in years if healthy.

Spurs still have an outside shot at beating the Lakers too if Manu is healthy.. I'm not a spurs fan but I can't ever count them out because they are too fundamentally sound and perennial winners.

IversonIsKrazy
11-06-2008, 08:04 PM
^^^also its an odd year ;)

dre1990
11-06-2008, 08:35 PM
A.I. Houston will get banged up

3RDASYSTEM
11-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Iverson easily, why is everyone on here sayin Eastern conference is weak when its jus as balanced as the West, they have 3 legit contenders(CELTICS/PISTONS/CAVS) and borderline (SIXERS/MAGIC/RAPTORS) and a bunch of teams to be fighting for last couple slots, jus like the West, LAKERS/SPURS and UTAH(only cuz they went to WCF in 07) are really only tru contenders out West cuz none of the other teams have done nothin and DALLAS window closed up alot since they went to 06 Finals and they have a bunch of teams on lower half fightin for last couple slots jus like the East, so to me they are pretty much balanced out in my eyes. Im not a fool for one yr wonders,im more into wat PISTON/SPURS do, be there pretty much yr in yr out

JOSETHEALLSTAR
11-06-2008, 11:31 PM
i think tmac has a better chance