PDA

View Full Version : Denver in the Western Conference now ... where do you rank them?

JordansBulls
11-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Denver in the Western Conference now ... where do you rank them?

If they ended up the 8th seed, you think they could take out a #1?

MiamiHeat
11-04-2008, 01:29 PM
8th or 7th seed
but won't make it far in the playoffs

KG#1
11-04-2008, 01:39 PM
8th

dnnug
11-04-2008, 01:44 PM
im going to be bold and say with Billups on the team they could compete for the NW title and win it. Making them a #3 seed if im correct. After that no one knows.

BkOriginalOne
11-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Right now, we all specualte 8th. But we have no idea what this team can do with Chauncey at the point guard. Don't forget that he will be the floor leader, making EVERYONE better, taking pressure off of melo, Coach Karl, and even AC -who should drop to about 20 min a game or so.
He will bring defense, championship experience and another 3 point shooter, which should make them all the more better. Here's what I predict from Denver's new big 3.
Billups. 17ppg, 9apg,
Jr smith. 22ppg, 3reb, 3apg.
Melo. 26ppg 9rpg, 4apg.

Jr smith and melo should also be better defenders now because of the example Billups will set.
With numbers like those, they should be a terror for teams trying to match up with them.
I honestly, would not be suprised if Denver can actually make it out of the 1st round. You know what, bolder prediction: Denver is gonna win the NW division! (Billups guarding Dwill is better than AC)

SouljahPhil...
11-04-2008, 01:47 PM
it all depends if they beat the jazz for the division title...so either 3 or 7 or 8.........

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-04-2008, 02:03 PM
It's all depended on J.R.....If he blooms, and becomes that threat that he's capable of becoming.....And along with MELO and Chauncey, and a better playin K-MART???? Maaaan, Nuggets can take out ANY TEAM.....Any team is beatable.

We was goin to make it to the playoffs with A.I. or not....But yes, Nuggets have the potential, if J.R. can finally come too, and become that all star presence.

Vidball
11-04-2008, 02:11 PM
8th or 9th...they basically replaced AI/Camby with Billups/Nene. I know most don't agree, but I don't think they are any better. They have absolutely no interior D at all. A frontcourt of Nene/KMart/Melo just can't match up with the other frontcourt in the West.

goku
11-04-2008, 02:13 PM
they are not that much better plus they have to get use to playing with each other

Lakersfan2483
11-04-2008, 02:26 PM
I think they will make it to the playoffs and get knocked out in the first round again. They will be an 8th seed. I like the trade for Billups, but they have issues defensively and need frontcourt help.

dnnug
11-04-2008, 02:37 PM
our defense actually has been pretty decent this season so far. Now it will only get better.

prash
11-04-2008, 02:45 PM
I think Denver will finish in a strong 10th place..

JJ81
11-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Wait until they play at least one game

jimbobjarree
11-04-2008, 02:51 PM
meh...denver made a trade....still gunna be that awful team that doesnt play D, but now for longer having Chauncey's 3 years

king4day
11-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Right now, we all specualte 8th. But we have no idea what this team can do with Chauncey at the point guard. Don't forget that he will be the floor leader, making EVERYONE better, taking pressure off of melo, Coach Karl, and even AC -who should drop to about 20 min a game or so.
He will bring defense, championship experience and another 3 point shooter, which should make them all the more better. Here's what I predict from Denver's new big 3.
Billups. 17ppg, 9apg,
Jr smith. 22ppg, 3reb, 3apg.
Melo. 26ppg 9rpg, 4apg.

Jr smith and melo should also be better defenders now because of the example Billups will set.
With numbers like those, they should be a terror for teams trying to match up with them.
I honestly, would not be suprised if Denver can actually make it out of the 1st round. You know what, bolder prediction: Denver is gonna win the NW division! (Billups guarding Dwill is better than AC)

Not so sure about that.
He'll help on offense but motivation doesn't help make a player better on D. That's the coaches systems job.

Ryan328
11-04-2008, 02:56 PM
7th seed at best, but I'm still not sure they'll make the playoffs. I still like LA, New Orleans, Houston, Utah, San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix and Portland better.

dnnug
11-04-2008, 02:58 PM
my guess is that most of you haven't watched the nuggets play this season yet and are making your judgments off of last season. Our D is actually pretty good this season. The funny thing is our Offense has struggled so far this season.

WATCH A GAME BEFORE YOU COME TO CONCLUSIONS!

jimbobjarree
11-04-2008, 03:00 PM
my guess is that most of you haven't watched the nuggets play this season yet and are making your judgments off of last season. Our D is actually pretty good this season. The funny thing is our Offense has struggled so far this season.

then this thread is useless then

dnnug
11-04-2008, 03:00 PM
7th seed at best, but I'm still not sure they'll make the playoffs. I still like LA, New Orleans, Houston, Utah, San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix and Portland better.

the thing about Portland is that they are a very young team and it showed last season. They'll be better this season but it remains to be seen if they can hold up for a full season of basketball.

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Can someone explain the PORTLAND better then DENVER theory to me?????

Portland can, and will be great....But with a injury prone Oden, and young team,how does someone go about sayin they will be better then a team who has made the playoffs the last couple of years???? Someone explain.

jimbobjarree
11-04-2008, 03:06 PM
whats gunna happen with all the minutes in Denver, AI was a very durable guy who could play alot of minutes, can chauncey handle all that.

and you say your offense has struggled, take away a 26ppg game guy, can the team even be as good as last year?

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-04-2008, 03:17 PM
whats gunna happen with all the minutes in Denver, AI was a very durable guy who could play alot of minutes, can chauncey handle all that.

and you say your offense has struggled, take away a 26ppg game guy, can the team even be as good as last year?

We haven't had Melo play but one game against the Lakers, so we ahven;t been able to measure his consistency.....J.R. Smith can very well score above 20 ppg this season, if he finds that zone that he needs to find.....Kenyon Martin is scoring more then he has the last two seasons.....Our offense is nothing to worry about....But our defense has improved, and will keep improving....And as Melo and J.R. work more together, the better they will be, especially with Chauncey comin in to facilitate the ball.

Ryan328
11-04-2008, 03:30 PM
I can't wait to see new look Denver vs Golden State on Weds. night on ESPN

IBleedPurple
11-04-2008, 03:48 PM
8th or 9th...they basically replaced AI/Camby with Billups/Nene. I know most don't agree, but I don't think they are any better. They have absolutely no interior D at all. A frontcourt of Nene/KMart/Melo just can't match up with the other frontcourt in the West.

Yeah, because Nene and Kmart are just scrub defenders???

Our D was lacking on the outside, which is part of the reason why this deal was done. Melo is the only weak interior defender, and most teams have one player of the three on the interior that is not great at defense.

Everything is speculation, but I expect the Nuggets to be slightly better. I think between 6-8. A 3 spot is possible depending on Utah. Teams like the Suns, Clips, Warriors, are pretty overrated IMO.

BkOriginalOne
11-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Not so sure about that.
He'll help on offense but motivation doesn't help make a player better on D. That's the coaches systems job.

I would disagree with that.
Coaches can stress the D all they want. (just as karl did. Just as larry brown did w/ knicks) But when players actually start playing D is when they get used to it in practices. Meaning, having billups in there playing tough Defense will help them learn and encourage them to play D. Esepcially, if he is going to to be, basically their team captain. Sorry Melo.

Vidball
11-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Yeah, because Nene and Kmart are just scrub defenders???

Exactly...Nene/Kmart will be trying to guard:
Shaq/Amare
Bynum/Gasol
Chandler/West
Oden/Aldridge
Kaman/Camby
Okur/Boozer
Yao, Duncan, Dirk....they all will give Nene/Kmart match-up problems. Compared to who they are competing against in the West, Nene & Kmart are definitely scrub defenders. They are the very worst PF/C combo compared to teams in the West with a shot at making the playoffs.

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Shaq/Amare
Bynum/Gasol
Chandler/West
Oden/Aldridge
Kaman/Camby
Okur/Boozer
Yao, Duncan, Dirk....they all will give Nene/Kmart match-up problems. Compared to who they are competing against in the West, Nene & Kmart are definitely scrub defenders. They are the very worst PF/C combo compared to teams in the West with a shot at making the playoffs.

Oden/Aldridge???? Kaman/Camby???? F#$K outta here....You just a hater of the Nuggets....Camby is scared of NENE....aND WHAT HAS oden proved besides being a decoration on the bench?????

NENE/K-MART will give all of them matchup problems as well.....They've gave the Lakers and Jazz matchup problems.....No need to worry, NENE is better then Camby....And K-MART is playin the best basketball he's played in years...Shall i remind you, that he was an allstar once??? Get that hate outta ya blood.

zachattach
11-04-2008, 06:21 PM
They did get better. The X-Factor is keeping K-Mart healthy. The front line is to thin to compete with the likes of Houston, LAL and even the Hornets. I would place Denver somewhere between Houston, LAL, and the Hornets (are the top three teams) and Dallas.

I see it shaking up like this

1. Lakers
2. Hornets
3. Utah
4. Rockets
5. Denver
6. Phoenix
7. San Antonio (wow)
8. Dallas

dgo24
11-04-2008, 06:26 PM
They would probably be the 7th seed.

IBleedPurple
11-04-2008, 07:26 PM

AI being out increases minutes for JR Smith and Linas Kleiza, both who can easily make up for AI's ppg with increased minutes.

And yes, we can be as good as last year, possibly better. The big worry is big men durability. Lose one of our big men for over 15 games, and we are probably done.

IBleedPurple
11-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Shaq/Amare
Bynum/Gasol
Chandler/West
Oden/Aldridge
Kaman/Camby
Okur/Boozer

Yeah you really proved your point there, sorry your homer glasses block your vision.

If you have watched Shaq against Nene, he has been mostly ineffective.
Bynum/Gasol didn't light us up last game at all, did you even watch it?
Chandler/West aren't any better than Nene/Kmart
Oden/Aldridge, you have to be kidding me (and portland won't make playoffs)
Kaman/Camby are good but not by much, & besides Baron, the Clips stink
Okur/Boozer, played them, and played them equally.
You could make a case for Yao & Duncan, but Dirk....ehhhh

And it also comes down to the rest of the teams talent. Melo, Billups, & JR Smith make a pretty good starting 5.

BRADfromOZ
11-04-2008, 07:47 PM
10th or 11th unless they can pull off another good trade then maybe 8th if they get lucky.

cmellofan15
11-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Yeah you really proved your point there, sorry your homer glasses block your vision.

If you have watched Shaq against Nene, he has been mostly ineffective.
Bynum/Gasol didn't light us up last game at all, did you even watch it?
Chandler/West aren't any better than Nene/Kmart
Oden/Aldridge, you have to be kidding me (and portland won't make playoffs)
Kaman/Camby are good but not by much, & besides Baron, the Clips stink
Okur/Boozer, played them, and played them equally.
You could make a case for Yao & Duncan, but Dirk....ehhhh

And it also comes down to the rest of the teams talent. Melo, Billups, & JR Smith make a pretty good starting 5.

:clap:

Big Quett
11-04-2008, 08:20 PM

Utah scored 98
Clipps scored 103
Lakers scored 104

Denver Points allowed 101.7
Denver Points scored 101.3

allowing more points than you score
yeah great D:rolleyes:

nolin
11-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Nuggets will be lucky to win 35 games this year.

cmellofan15
11-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah and the Grizzlies ALWAYS make the Playoffs!!! :rolleyes:

_Sn1P3r_
11-04-2008, 09:25 PM
I think they'll be in the running for an 8th spot but I definitely think they got better.

avsman05
11-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Utah scored 98
Clipps scored 103
Lakers scored 104

Denver Points allowed 101.7
Denver Points scored 101.3

allowing more points than you score
yeah great D:rolleyes:

Utah and Clips scored more than their average and lakers scored less w/ melo playing his first game. give them a month or so before we average scores:sigh:

liliverson819
11-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Most people just cant agree with the fact that the Nuggets actually have a chance to be good now. People hate the Nuggets because of what the Nuggets players have done off the court not on it.

And because of this many of these Nuggets "haters" could care less what the Nuggets have on the court they're just gonna say there gonna do bad because they're the "Thuggets" to them.

Zefflin
11-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Melo, Billups, & JR Smith make a pretty good starting 5.

On paper. Always with the..."Wait and see."

Vidball
11-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Most people just cant agree with the fact that the Nuggets actually have a chance to be good now. People hate the Nuggets because of what the Nuggets players have done off the court not on it.

And because of this many of these Nuggets "haters" could care less what the Nuggets have on the court they're just gonna say there gonna do bad because they're the "Thuggets" to them.

No...Nuggets were just not that good of a team before the trade and are still not a good team now. Nuggets fans are really over-valuing Kmart/Nene. And for the poster that said the Nuggets have given the Lakers trouble--lol...the Lakers haven't lost to Denver since the 2006-2007 season (including the sweep just a few months ago).

JordansBulls
11-05-2008, 12:53 AM
The Nuggets now have as much talent as Cleveland does.

lakers4sho
11-05-2008, 01:11 AM
I'm still sticking to my guns, Portland for 8th seed...

I don't really see Karl's system as a pass PG type system. I don't know how Billups will affect their team. He's not much of a scorer and I don't really count on Nene/Martin to score more than 25 points combined in a game.

Billups does give them stability and a clutch factor during the end of games. However, he doesn't fit in Karl's offensive machine system, so I'm still not sure how he'll get his points. I would've been more impressed if they had dealt Iverson to acquire a big who can score down low.

Nuggets fans are arguing that they have J.R. Smith to provide another scoring option, but for some reason I see that Karl puts Anthony Carter on the floor more than Smith, the reason I don't know.

I'm still picking Portland because they have a better overall bench, and their team is more complete. They have bigs in LaMarcus Aldridge and Frye (not even counting Oden, I'm not even sold on him yet), they have wing players in Outlaw, Fernandez, and Batum. And of course they've got Brandon Roy who has done a pretty good job during clutch time (like against the Spurs for example).

Of course, I can be wrong, depending on how things will turn out. Even if the Nuggets DO make the playoffs, it'll be nothing more than another Lakers-Nuggets 1st round matchup. Unless some tragic injuries befall Phoenix/Dallas, which of course I don't expect.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-05-2008, 01:38 AM
The Nuggets now have as much talent as Cleveland does.

I hope you are saying that excluding Lebron from the equation. Lebron is the X factor. There is no one like him on the Denver roster. Not on any roster really.

avsman05
11-05-2008, 01:46 AM
On paper. Always with the..."Wait and see."

Want to make a sig bet? for one month from Now?

amare#1
11-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Probably 8th.

horry1ur
11-05-2008, 02:19 AM

Um. Thatd be a No. They could not take out a strong Laker team or Hornets/Rockets team but i think they will finish 8th or 9th

IversonIsKrazy
11-05-2008, 02:31 AM
Well i don't think they got that much better at D. it was there interior D that wuz the problem last season, not perimeter. w/o AI, yah JR will b better, but how much? I think the only think that happened was that they lost offence and gained very very very little defence. They'll end up 9th seed, just coming short of making the Wild WIld Western Playoffs.

mgthompson
11-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Nuggets fans are really over-valuing Kmart/Nene.

I would actually agree with this statement.

As I said before the Nuggets are a bunch of good players that happen to wear the same jersey.

We can not be a good team until we start playing like one, and it all starts with the coach.

sportsnutzz
11-05-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't know where I would rank them but I would add 3-4 more games onto what they would have won. I think Chauncey will add some leadership to this team, and maybe get them playing more as a team.

IBleedPurple
11-05-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm still sticking to my guns, Portland for 8th seed...
Nuggets fans are arguing that they have J.R. Smith to provide another scoring option, but for some reason I see that Karl puts Anthony Carter on the floor more than Smith, the reason I don't know.

AC is a point guard, JR is a shooting guard. To say that Karl chooses AC more than Smith is just ridiculous and uneducated. AC was our starting PG, because we pay a guy named Chucky Atkins to sit on the trainers table all season. JR's minutes were limited by AI taking the 2 spot on the floor.

So yes, it will open up minutes for JR.

And I really agree with the "wait and see", because the Nuggets usually do look good on paper, and it rarely translates to a good team, especially in the playoffs. Blame George Karl. Like the first year Karl got here (mid-season), we went 32-8 to close out the season. What did that mean for the playoffs or future? Nothing.

I think we are a better team, but with the same lax coaching, I won't get my hopes up too much

dnnug
11-05-2008, 04:19 PM
looks like we'll have to wait till friday to see Billups in action for the nuggets.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
11-05-2008, 05:21 PM
they might make the playoffs and that's all

daleja424
11-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Im not sure how this nugget team is better then the nuggets that lose in the first round (or miss the playoffs) every other year... so they still wont finish better then 8th

lakers4sho
11-05-2008, 07:41 PM
AC is a point guard, JR is a shooting guard. To say that Karl chooses AC more than Smith is just ridiculous and uneducated. AC was our starting PG, because we pay a guy named Chucky Atkins to sit on the trainers table all season. JR's minutes were limited by AI taking the 2 spot on the floor.

So yes, it will open up minutes for JR.

And I really agree with the "wait and see", because the Nuggets usually do look good on paper, and it rarely translates to a good team, especially in the playoffs. Blame George Karl. Like the first year Karl got here (mid-season), we went 32-8 to close out the season. What did that mean for the playoffs or future? Nothing.

I think we are a better team, but with the same lax coaching, I won't get my hopes up too much

Can't AI and JR Smith be on the floor together? Especially during the last few minutes of the game? Poor Anthony Carter was owned by Kobe during that stretch. I can't believe Karl won't put a bigger man on him!!

Lakers4ItAll
11-05-2008, 11:01 PM
I put them anywhere from 5-8th seed and no way they could beat a #1

dre1990
11-05-2008, 11:16 PM
billups makes them a top 3 team

Lakers4ItAll
11-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Lol

billups makes them a top 3 team

theimortalone
11-06-2008, 04:50 AM
I would say anywhere between 5-8.

innovator
11-06-2008, 07:50 AM
6th the best unless they win the division then they will be 4th

innovator
11-06-2008, 07:51 AM
BUT.... iverson >>> billups so i dont know whats the fuss about the nuggets becoming real better