PDA

View Full Version : Hey Doubters

SAVAGE CLAW
11-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Marc Gasol is not a scorer.....

go check what he is doing today, with just some touches.

He needs to shoot 15 times a game and Grizz win 10 more games that if only Gay and Mayo shoot, that is a FACT.

blackjack_119
11-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Marc Gasol is not a scorer.....

go check what he is doing today, with just some touches.

He needs to shoot 15 times a game and Grizz win 10 more games that if only Gay and Mayo shoot, that is a FACT.

He is having a good game against a notoriously bad defensive team. This means little to nothing. When he has a good game against an average center then I might take an interest. Until then, :yawn:

SAVAGE CLAW
11-03-2008, 11:08 PM
mmm like a 12 points 12 rebounds against ming?

or keeping Howard in 14 points???

Lakers4ItAll
11-03-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm sure he will be a good player and I bet he learned alot from his brother

SAVAGE CLAW
11-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Game Ended, Grizzlies win and are in a playoff spot.

Marc lines 35 minutes, 27 Points on 9/11 FG and 9/11 Ft, 16 Rebounds, 1 steal, 3 blocks, held Biedrins to 16 points an a 8/14 shooting.

And all that being just the 4th!!!! player in touches today behind Gay, Mayo and Warrick.

Man if he got the minutes and the Touches his brother used to have, he would do BETTER stats than HIm.

Lakers4ItAll
11-03-2008, 11:29 PM
This is only one game..........

Lets see how the kid does after 20-30 games

SAVAGE CLAW
11-03-2008, 11:32 PM
^only if todays game opens Iavaronis eyes and forces Gay and Mayo to Share the ball with him.

Im sure tomorrow he will go nearly scoreless because those two will try 25 shots each.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Okay, as long as we aren't pulling punches in this short season, Bynum, the second coming of a love child of Shaq, Wilt, and Kareem according to most the Lakers posters here, is averaging 8-6, and almost fouling out of every game. How bout give it some time before you post fact, because I just laid some out for you, and it doesn't matter.

superkegger
11-03-2008, 11:37 PM
So he beat up on golden state, so what. Many a big man has torn them up. He's had a good season, 4 games in. While it's a promising start, it's just that a start.

But this right here is why a lot of american fans doubt him, cause you're talking him up to be better than Pau. Which couldn't be farther from the truth right now. So calm down bro.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Okay, as long as we aren't pulling punches in this short season, Bynum, the second coming of a love child of Shaq, Wilt, and Kareem according to most the Lakers posters here, is averaging 8-6, and almost fouling out of every game. How bout give it some time before you post fact, because I just laid some out for you, and it doesn't matter.

You must be a stats geek huh? When you were little did you fall asleep with your basketball cards and their stats firmly in your memory banks?

The Lakers are 3-0 and have been the best defensive team in the league. Why is that do you think? Because the Lakers are not allowing any easy buckets. Who is preventing those you may ask? Well its not Vladimir Radmonivich and Pau Gasol turning into absolute defensive beast.

I and all Laker fans have been telling you and everyone else all summer long, WE DO NOT WANT HIM TO AVERAGE 20 POINTS AND 15 REBOUNDS THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We dont need him to score. We need him to clog up the paint, contest shots, rebound and defend the post. He is doing all of those things. He is in foul trouble cause he is allowing no easy baskets. He is doing what he is supposed to do. Not for stat geeks who look at the back of his basketball card and determine if the player is good or not. He is doing what he is supposed to do for the Lakers to be successful. And so far its working.

He will not have the stats to make people who only look at one thing to make their judgment for the foreseeable future. Not with the talent the Lakers have. Shoot, Kobe is only averaging 23 points 3 reb and 3 assist. Not cause he is not good, but because he does has not had to play at all in the second half. Neither has Bynum, Gasol, or any other Laker. Just look at the margin of victory between the Lakers and their opponents to see if Bynum or any other Laker is doing his job.

superkegger
11-03-2008, 11:53 PM
You must be a stats geek huh? When you were little did you fall asleep with your basketball cards and their stats firmly in your memory banks?

The Lakers are 3-0 and have been the best defensive team in the league. Why is that do you think? Because the Lakers are not allowing any easy buckets. Who is preventing those you may ask? Well its not Vladimir Radmonivich and Pau Gasol turning into absolute defensive beast.

I and all Laker fans have been telling you and everyone else all summer long, WE DO NOT WANT HIM TO AVERAGE 20 POINTS AND 15 REBOUNDS THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We dont need him to score. We need him to clog up the paint, contest shots, rebound and defend the post. He is doing all of those things. He is in foul trouble cause he is allowing no easy baskets. He is doing what he is supposed to do. Not for stat geeks who look at the back of his basketball card and determine if the player is good or not. He is doing what he is supposed to do for the Lakers to be successful. And so far its working.

He will not have the stats to make people who only look at one thing to make their judgment for the foreseeable future. Not with the talent the Lakers have. Shoot, Kobe is only averaging 23 points 3 reb and 3 assist. Not cause he is not good, but because he does has not had to play at all in the second half. Neither has Bynum, Gasol, or any other Laker. Just look at the margin of victory between the Lakers and their opponents to see if Bynum or any other Laker is doing his job.

i think if you reread his post, you'll see he's not ripping bynum, but rather saying, we're very very very early in the season, who cares what the stats are...

Hawkeye15
11-03-2008, 11:55 PM

No, Laker fans have been telling everyone that he will be the next 25-15 player. Do we really need to rehash what has been said? I was simply pointing out that it is early. Stats will change. Don't sit there and tell me that you, and all the Laker fans out there didn't claim that Bynum would win most improved, and make the all star team THIS SEASON. I am not stupid. My point was, everyone calm down, it is early. ****, LeBron was averaging under 20 so far. And Laker fans are the ones who brought up stats, please don't forget that. :)

ARMIN12NBA
11-03-2008, 11:55 PM

People and their numbers. sigh

If only you mentioned how dominant he has been defensively, which makes up for his offensive deficiencies so far. I truly don't care about his offensive output because of the fact that the Lakers have so much offensive firepower. Bynum has been incredible on the defensive end, which is all he needs to do.

How is your boy Jefferson doing? I was watching a Wolves game the other night and he is STILL awful defensively muh man (got burned by Collison).

Bynum is perfect for the Lakers right now. He doesn't need to score the ball. He is just patrolling the paint and being the anchor on defense. He DOES need to improve on offense, but that shouldn't be his main concern right now. Defense should.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-03-2008, 11:58 PM
How has a Marc Gasol Thread become a Andrew Bynum Thread?......

I could figure it out if Lakers sent bynum to memphis and kept Marc and they were trying the gasol towers in tinseltown.

But now? wtf?

Hawkeye15
11-03-2008, 11:59 PM
People and their numbers. sigh

If only you mentioned how dominant he has been defensively, which makes up for his offensive deficiencies so far. I truly don't care about his offensive output because of the fact that the Lakers have so much offensive firepower. Bynum has been incredible on the defensive end, which is all he needs to do.

How is your boy Jefferson doing? I was watching a Wolves game the other night and he is STILL awful defensively muh man (got burned by Collison).

Bynum is perfect for the Lakers right now. He doesn't need to score the ball. He is just patrolling the paint and being the anchor on defense. He DOES need to improve on offense, but that shouldn't be his main concern right now. Defense should.

Whatever makes you happy. 3 games, 13 fouls. That is great D, my bad. Why bring up the Wolves? And Jefferson is outplaying him badly. My team sucks, yours doesn't. Good for you. Point is, it is early. You read past my statement, and saw me negatively putting down Bynum, which I wasn't. I was simply pointing out to a Lakers fan who wanted to poke at a guy for early season stats that not everyone is on their game yet. Wake up, and realize there are 29 other teams brother.

Hawkeye15
11-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Savage Claw, you are right. Gasol thread. He has played alright, Memphis is more competitive than I thought they would be with so many young players getting all that burn.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-04-2008, 12:02 AM
????? im a KNICKS FAN

scrumptiousduck
11-04-2008, 12:06 AM
i like marc he is a very physical player which is hard to find give him a few years he could be great

Lakersfan2483
11-04-2008, 12:07 AM

Marc lines 35 minutes, 27 Points on 9/11 FG and 9/11 Ft, 16 Rebounds, 1 steal, 3 blocks, held Biedrins to 16 points an a 8/14 shooting.

And all that being just the 4th!!!! player in touches today behind Gay, Mayo and Warrick.

Man if he got the minutes and the Touches his brother used to have, he would do BETTER stats than HIm.

He's nowhere near as good as Pau.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-04-2008, 12:16 AM
For the moment yes, but he made much better stats in the spanish league that pau ever did, and his body is more suited for the hard game in the post in the Nba.

MTar786
11-04-2008, 01:07 AM
No, Laker fans have been telling everyone that he will be the next 25-15 player. Do we really need to rehash what has been said? I was simply pointing out that it is early. Stats will change. Don't sit there and tell me that you, and all the Laker fans out there didn't claim that Bynum would win most improved, and make the all star team THIS SEASON. I am not stupid. My point was, everyone calm down, it is early. ****, LeBron was averaging under 20 so far. And Laker fans are the ones who brought up stats, please don't forget that. :)

no one said he would average 20-15. no one said he'd be an all star.. im a laker fan and I AM saying he CAN average 20-10. he can be an all star.. but thats not how he's being used.. stop being so ignorant. ALL we claimed was that bynum was our missing piece last year.. so leave us alone.. we'll see you when we squash which ever team it is that u like..

MTar786
11-04-2008, 01:09 AM
For the moment yes, but he made much better stats in the spanish league that pau ever did, and his body is more suited for the hard game in the post in the Nba.

pau is better in my opinion... but u may be right.. maybe marc is the better player.. but he wasnt showing it in the olympics.. PAU was the man.. we'll just have to wait n see tho.. but atleast people are realising that the trade wasnt a freebie

philab
11-04-2008, 01:19 AM
I've watched every Memphis game so far, and Gasol has impressed me.

Yeah, he beat up on Golden State and their lack of bigs tonight, but he also went against Yao and Howard, two very imposing physical presences, in his first two games. Don't discount this past game and base everything on those games -- take the whole picture into account.

He's also, what, 21? Once he gets that NBA body, he could be real sick. Remember what Bynum looked like when he entered the league . . .

I think he does need a few more touches, too. It would open things up for Gay and Mayo some if he was effective.

LAKERS 24/7
11-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Might as well rename this thread "Another thread that started off about one thing and turned into a Bynum thread"

ARMIN12NBA
11-04-2008, 02:39 AM

Pau also came into the NBA at age 20 while Marc came into the NBA at age 23. Marc had such great stats in the Spanish League because he was older and more experienced playing up until the age of 23...

mjt20mik
11-04-2008, 02:41 AM
Might as well rename this thread "Another thread that started off about one thing and turned into a Bynum thread"

Basically.. :offtopic:
Marc will be a good center in this league. As of now, Pau is the better player, but Marc is still very young and this is his first experience of the NBA. Just give him some time, he'll be a very solid pro.

Lost Art
11-04-2008, 02:48 AM

Holly crap, you're freaking hilarious. I'm seriously considering using my ignore button :p

Hellcrooner
11-04-2008, 03:55 AM
^ yeah yeah yeah, you have a nice sigh in Mrfudges posts that you shoudl remeber.

barreleffact
11-04-2008, 04:08 AM
1 game does not make you a great player. it was against the warriors...a horrible post team. it isnt meaningless, but it isnt spectacular either. for a rookie, its very nice tho. i will give him that much. and who knows, maybe he can be better than his brother

Hellcrooner
11-04-2008, 04:15 AM
^mmmmm better.... i dont know but im sure if he puts 18 and 10 like his brother Marc will get More hype and be much more loved by media since he is TOUGH and HUSTLES on D, and fans and sports writers love that.

You have also to add that Pau is somehow an Underachiever since he has all the conditions in tha world and al the skills in teh world to have become a 25/12 guy and he didnt while Marc was just the little FAT brohter playing like crap in a crap HS as Laussane, that suddenly started to WORK on his boddy, work on his fundamentals and step by step catch up and overachivev because he wasnt awarded with so mach natural talent as his bro.

barreleffact
11-04-2008, 05:37 AM

Yeah, he beat up on Golden State and their lack of bigs tonight, but he also went against Yao and Howard, two very imposing physical presences, in his first two games. Don't discount this past game and base everything on those games -- take the whole picture into account.

He's also, what, 21? Once he gets that NBA body, he could be real sick. Remember what Bynum looked like when he entered the league . . .

I think he does need a few more touches, too. It would open things up for Gay and Mayo some if he was effective.

two very very different comparisons. bynum was small when he came in. gasol is oversized.

Faneik
11-04-2008, 05:57 AM
Holly crap, you're freaking hilarious. I'm seriously considering using my ignore button :p

:bla: Maybe we should ignore you.

Aren't you the one that said that Marc Gasol=Oberto, and that he would average 6pts/4rbs, something like that?

Maybe you shouldn't put numbers in a player's game when you know nothing about him.

Hawkeye15
11-04-2008, 05:15 PM
no one said he would average 20-15. no one said he'd be an all star.. im a laker fan and I AM saying he CAN average 20-10. he can be an all star.. but thats not how he's being used.. stop being so ignorant. ALL we claimed was that bynum was our missing piece last year.. so leave us alone.. we'll see you when we squash which ever team it is that u like..

I think you need to go check about half the posts over the summer brother. I read that Bynum would be anywhere from a 19-14 all star, to a 28-15 type player all over those boards. You guys made your claims, you need to pony up and stick with them. Not deny it. If you deny this post, then yes, I will waste an hour of my time collecting all the posts that some of the common Laker fans made in those Bynum threads just a couple months ago. Please don't make me do that, just admit it.

Vidball
11-04-2008, 05:21 PM
I don't know why Hawkeye has such a Bynum fetish--he talks about Drew in just about EVERY SINGLE THREAD!

Anyways, back to the topic...Marc Gasol had a great game against the worst interior defense in the NBA. Thats it. There was a gameplan to get him the ball because GS has no interior D. Marc Gasol generally won't take more than 8 shots in a game and he won't average more than 8 or 9 points. He did have a great game though--definitely thread-worthy.

Gibby23
11-04-2008, 05:34 PM

Pau started in the Spanish league when he was 17 and left at 20, Marc started in the Spanish league at 19 and left when he was 23. Pau at 23 would have killed the Spanish league.

Gibby23
11-04-2008, 05:40 PM
I think you need to go check about half the posts over the summer brother. I read that Bynum would be anywhere from a 19-14 all star, to a 28-15 type player all over those boards. You guys made your claims, you need to pony up and stick with them. Not deny it. If you deny this post, then yes, I will waste an hour of my time collecting all the posts that some of the common Laker fans made in those Bynum threads just a couple months ago. Please don't make me do that, just admit it.

Show me a 25-15 prediction. Most people said 17-12. Lets see if you can back up your stupid statement and find some posts that said 25-15 and you need to find a handfull because you said over half the posts said 25-15.

Gibby23
11-04-2008, 05:43 PM

He is 23 and will be 24 in 2 months.

KmB728
11-04-2008, 06:13 PM
why are all the laker fans hatin on Marc Gasol?? seriousley

give the man his props on a great game

if this was bynums game then we would hear nothing but

" Bynum is a tank, and is gunna average 100 points and 50 rebounds a game"

ARMIN12NBA
11-04-2008, 06:24 PM

Most, almost all, Laker fans said he would average around 15 and 10 this year...Not 19 and 14 or 28 and 15. Of course he isn't going to get those numbers...He is on a stacked team. Find me a post that says 28-15 this year...

superkegger
11-04-2008, 06:46 PM
good god. yes, marc had a great game, and is having a good season 4 games in. good for marc. but its 4 games. You know what else has happened thus far into the season, SA hasn't won a game, Indiana layed a whooping on Boston, and Joe Johnson is averaging 5ppg more than his career best...and it all adds up to meaning nothing, since we're 4 games into the season. No doubt it was a good game by Marc, but thats all. Give it a rest, if he continues it over 82 games, then rave about it, until then let it be or you're going to continue to get doubters.

ShaunRiching9
11-04-2008, 07:11 PM
is Marc Gasol, Pau Gasols brother?

IBleedPurple
11-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Hey Homer,

Wait until the season is at least 20 games in to say what a player is/isn't doing. If he lights it up with 40 points and 20 rebounds his first game, but averages 5/5 the rest of the season, then a one game argument is fairly pointless

philab
11-04-2008, 09:08 PM
two very very different comparisons. bynum was small when he came in. gasol is oversized.

I'm not comparing the players -- just pointing out the effect an NBA workout regimen can have.

And Bynum was pudgy when he came in.

Gasol also isn't oversized. Right now, he moves well enough not to be much of a liability. He may be able to turn some of (what looks like) the fat into muscle, but even if not, he'd be fine.

_Sn1P3r_
11-04-2008, 09:18 PM

Yup.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-05-2008, 12:30 AM

Rethoric?

A way to express disdain?

And theres is another one coming!!!! Adria Gasol

MTar786
11-05-2008, 12:58 AM

please go do that.. go 'waste' ur time.. seems like u like to considering u were here all summer right? from what i can remember he was voted 3rd or 4th best center on PSD? so does that mean we think howard n yao in our opinion must be putting up better than 28-15? come on.. ur blowing this all up.. bynum has proved to be amazing. thats what we had said.. who's the best defensive team in the nba right now? we are.. whos the best team in the league right now based on point differential etc... we are

Hellcrooner
11-05-2008, 03:53 AM
hasmt lost art reported yet? hehe

8kobe24
11-05-2008, 12:25 PM

I would never call Bynum the second coming of Shaq. That would be an insult to Bynum. Anyway, Marc Gasol is a good solid player that had a beastly game. If he averages anywhere close to 20 pts 10 rebs by the end of the season, then maybe I would say he's on par with Pau.

Ragan
11-05-2008, 01:02 PM
I would never call Bynum the second coming of Shaq. That would be an insult to Bynum. Anyway, Marc Gasol is a good solid player that had a beastly game. If he averages anywhere close to 20 pts 10 rebs by the end of the season, then maybe I would say he's on par with Pau.

You can't be serious...

Anyway, to the original point of this thread, Gasol looks like he is going to be a pretty good player in this league, but you guys are acting like he's an 18 year old rookie, he's almost 24. He's not filling out anymore, he's not getting much stronger; he's a good player but he's not getting much better than he is today, sorry.

Also, yes he had a good game, but Biedrins had 16/22, so it's not like he shut him down.

Hellcrooner
11-05-2008, 05:34 PM
^Ive watched n tape Delay the Memphis-Chicago and Memphis-Wariors games.

Tht 22 Catches by Biedrins and the 20 by gooden were almost ENTIRELY taken when Darko was on teh court.