PDA

View Full Version : Pistons get Iverson now, LeBron later?

phlp_bj
11-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Joe Dumars had the chance to consider Dallasí Jason Kidd and his expiring contract over the summer, a league executive said Monday, but the Detroit Pistons president had bigger, bolder ideas. Allen Iverson still gives the Pistons a puncherís chance in the Eastern Conference this season, but this trade isnít about him. It isnít about Chauncey Billups.

Think bigger.

Think bolder.

Think LeBron James, 2010.

The Pistons president doesnít just have the salary cap space for the Cleveland Cavaliers star. He also has the connections and the championship credibility. Make no mistake: Detroit and Dumars are officially in hot pursuit of James Ė maybe even the favorite now Ė and it promises to be a long, agonizing two years for the Cavaliers.

Detroit doesnít deliver the bright lights and global metropolis destination that James wants when he opts out of his contract in 2010, but two more years of watching Kobe Bryant win titles could transform his priorities. James wants badly to be considered the best player on the planet and that wonít happen until heís a champion.

James wants a front office with a vision that honors his greatness, and make no mistake: This makes Detroit and Dumars so dangerous, makes them Clevelandís worst nightmare. The city could justify losing its prodigal son to New York or Los Angeles, but nearby Detroit?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-dumarslebron110308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Lakers4ItAll
11-03-2008, 09:49 PM
LOL no way Lebron is going to the Knicks he wants to play in MSG

lakers4sho
11-03-2008, 09:52 PM

Talk about ironic oxymoron

ARMIN12NBA
11-03-2008, 09:53 PM

Ummm...What!?!

ARMIN12NBA
11-03-2008, 09:55 PM
I think the Pistons are probably going to get Chris Bosh. They will need a guy to replace Sheed...Plus, I just heard it on NBATV from David Aldridge that Bosh is the guy they are looking to get.

coolmo
11-03-2008, 09:57 PM
seems like everyone is looking to get bosh out of toronto.
that's funny

lakers4sho
11-03-2008, 09:57 PM
How about Kobe?

JordansBulls
11-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Lebron will go whereever he will be the biggest star and to the team he thinks has a chance to win it all.

ARMIN12NBA
11-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Lebron will go whereever he will be the biggest star and to the team he thinks has a chance to win it all.

More to the star part though. He said his main goal was to become a billionaire...not to win a championship.

JordansBulls
11-03-2008, 10:04 PM
More to the star part though. He said his main goal was to become a billionaire...not to win a championship.

I do remember him saying that.

TheFuture6
11-03-2008, 10:08 PM

A well placed comma would help this comment immensely.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-03-2008, 10:10 PM
They are cool and they now everybody is going to be so centered on getting Lebron and Wade that they will have no competition if they plainly make the offer to Stou , Dirk or Bosh.

And dont discard a megaoffer for Kobe if lakers fail to win.

IF they wanted lebron they will ALREADY offer Rip + Maxiel? + Picks etc to Cleveland in a trade.

Lakers4ItAll
11-03-2008, 10:16 PM
You all know what I meant lol

And I would take Wade ANYDAY over Lebron

A well placed comma would help this comment immensely.

nickmacera
11-03-2008, 10:19 PM
lebrons out of clevland and coming to toronto with bosh lol so dont even worry about that

philab
11-03-2008, 10:59 PM

Hopefully LeBron knows the best way to accomplish the billionaire goal is to win a championship or seven.

And hopefully he knows the best way to win a championship is to get out of this shooting funk.

Wilson
11-03-2008, 11:20 PM
They are cool and they now everybody is going to be so centered on getting Lebron and Wade that they will have no competition if they plainly make the offer to Stou , Dirk or Bosh.

And dont discard a megaoffer for Kobe if lakers fail to win.

IF they wanted lebron they will ALREADY offer Rip + Maxiel? + Picks etc to Cleveland in a trade.

Not really, they know that LeBron isn't getting traded.

Epic89
11-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Pistons are players for a superstar player one of these coming offseasons, including Lebron. I think they'll sign a forward, Stuckey and Hamilton seems like the backcourt of the future. Chris Bosh seems like a very good fit.

marvILLous
11-03-2008, 11:24 PM
chris bosh ISN'T going anywhere!!

SAVAGE CLAW
11-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Not really, they know that LeBron isn't getting traded.
If i were Danny Ferry i would seriously talk to Lebron and ask him if he is leaving or not.
If he says, yes im leaving there is no sense in losing him for nothing.

I woudl trade him for some Value at this seasons end.

Teams would be willing to OVERPAY to beat out each other.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-03-2008, 11:33 PM
i still think lebron is just going to go to NJ since its Jay-Z's team. he will pay him a max contract and they will get 2X the endorsements they have now.

its more likely the pistons want bosh

BTownTeamsRKing
11-03-2008, 11:35 PM
If i were Danny Ferry i would seriously talk to Lebron and ask him if he is leaving or not.
If he says, yes im leaving there is no sense in losing him for nothing.

I woudl trade him for some Value at this seasons end.

Teams would be willing to OVERPAY to beat out each other.

agree 100%. i said this in the summer. i said the cavs should trade him now and get ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THEY WANT.

lbj isnt staying in cleveland. its an overwhelming opinion. get something for him. i mean they would have teams throwing everything at them for lebron.

ARMIN12NBA
11-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Hopefully LeBron knows the best way to accomplish the billionaire goal is to win a championship or seven.

And hopefully he knows the best way to win a championship is to get out of this shooting funk.

Agreed. He is shooting 43% from the field and 0% from three (11 attempts so far...ouch). Not to mention he is having another horrid shooting night so far.

I think it way be from fatigue from the Olympics. Who knows? I think it may be like 06-07 where he did not play well. He had a monster year in 05-06 and he just could not follow it up. Then in 07-08, he had a monster year. Maybe Lebron is an every other yet kind of player... (if that is the case then...uh oh).

Lebron23
11-03-2008, 11:50 PM
LeBron James Scoring slump is over. Just watch the Cavaliers vs. Mavericks Game. Idiot Mike Brown must realize that cutting his minutes he will not be productive in the regular season.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-03-2008, 11:54 PM
LeBron James Scoring slump is over. Just watch the Cavaliers vs. Mavericks Game. Idiot Mike Brown must realize that cutting his minutes will not be productive in the regular season.

i respect that u defend your favorite player with facts. i do the same with Pierce. my sn might as well be Pierce34, but i know wen to admit that my player has a weakness.

and face it, lebron isnt in a shooting slump. he just isnt a good shooter. its not his strength. he is the best at driving to the hoop and he is freakishly athletic, but he cant shoot. and i dont watch him probably 1/100 of the time u do. but of the games i watch. lebron has a good shooting night 1 out of every 6 or 7 games. thats not good.

Lebron23
11-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Cavs will have a better record this week because our team will now face inferior teams in the Eastern Conference.

LeBron James

29 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block in under 35 minutes.

and 4 of the Cavaliers starters are averaging in Double Figures.

Cavs beat Dallas, 100-81

philab
11-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Agreed. He is shooting 43% from the field and 0% from three (11 attempts so far...ouch). Not to mention he is having another horrid shooting night so far.

I think it way be from fatigue from the Olympics. Who knows? I think it may be like 06-07 where he did not play well. He had a monster year in 05-06 and he just could not follow it up. Then in 07-08, he had a monster year. Maybe Lebron is an every other yet kind of player... (if that is the case then...uh oh).

The swings haven't been that great. It's not like '06-'07 was crap.

He started out a little slow last year, too, then went off before he got hurt. Maybe it will just take him a bit to get going (or maybe not).

I did see some good signs from him tonight. First, he was able to establish himself down low a bit, allowing him space in the 4th. Second, he hit his FTs. This is big not only because he has to hit his goddamn FTs, but it might also be a sign that he's relaxing a bit, letting his shot come to him.

Cavaliers have had a tough schedule, too. At Boston, Charlotte (EASY), at New Orleans, at Dallas.

Basically, it's only the 4th game of the season -- lots of basketball left, too early to really tell anything.

Lebron23
11-04-2008, 12:11 AM
LeBron is also 13/15 from the FT line. :D :D :D

Great Game from Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Mo Williams, Delonte West, Ben Wallace & Wally S, and the Cavaliers are definitely a top 3 defensive teams in the NBA.

The 2 teams that defeated the Cavaliers are championship contenders ( Boston and NOH), so expect our team to move up in the standings after we defeated some teams from the EC.

ARMIN12NBA
11-04-2008, 12:14 AM
LeBron is also 13/15 from the FT line. :D :D :D

And also 40% from the field. :D

philab
11-04-2008, 12:14 AM
agree 100%. i said this in the summer. i said the cavs should trade him now and get ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THEY WANT.

lbj isnt staying in cleveland. its an overwhelming opinion. get something for him. i mean they would have teams throwing everything at them for lebron.

That's an issue for NEXT season. No reason at all to trade him this year.

I wouldn't be against trading him NEXT year if it's 100% clear that he's leaving (which isn't the case now). I really doubt it will happen, though. Ferry will basically have his hands tied -- Gilbert probably won't let it happen and the city would crucify him.

ARMIN12NBA
11-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Cavs will have a better record this week because our team will now face inferior teams in the Eastern Conference.

LeBron James

29 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block in under 35 minutes.

and 4 of the Cavaliers starters are averaging in Double Figures.

Cavs beat Dallas, 100-81

Big deal...He shot 40% from the field muh man...Horrible. He has actually made his overall shooting percentage worse...

jmb8311
11-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Going to be amusing if Lebron puts the screws to everybody and bolts for Europe and his ridiculus contract he'd get for doing so.

Lebron23
11-04-2008, 12:22 AM
29 points is 29 points.

Cavs next game are againts the Chicago Bulls. I want to see LeBron vs. Derrick Rose. :D:clap::clap::clap:

ARMIN12NBA
11-04-2008, 12:29 AM
29 points is 29 points.

Cavs next game are againts the Chicago Bulls. I want to see LeBron vs. Derrick Rose. :D:clap::clap::clap:

:laugh: Sure, but when you say he is out of his shooting slump and that it is OVER then you are surely mistaken. He shot a porous 40% from the field, which is worse than his averages so far in the season at 43%. That means he has gone DEEPER into his shooting slump.

mlisica19
11-04-2008, 12:33 AM
The Nets are going to acquire KIng James

Lebron like any pro wants Money Rings and Glory

Money
- The Nets now have the cap space to make a deal with James, When Carter leaves theyll have even more to hand out.

Rings and Glory-
Nets are a respected franchise since the early 90's and have always been a top team since then. Now the team is being prepared for King James Arrival. With James in place for Carter if he comes through with a deal the NETS will look like a Dream team. By the time James contract is over Lopez, Harris and the other nets will all be in their prime if not close to it. So here comes playoff hopes. And James leading the youth into Victory

He also has large relationships with the Nets organzation including a huge business and personal relationship with Co-owner Jay Z. They have been talking about changing the future of athletics and music or something like that(all i know is that if Jay Z is plotting something im behind it 100%)

Experts, Analysts, Journalists and so on have all also stated that even if Lebron were to win a Championship with the Cavs it will still be nearly impossible to stop him from leaving

and a 50 million dollar contract in Europe wouldnt be so bad. Hell get much improvement playing a whole differ game, more world fame but it isnt the best league in the world. it isnt the NBA, so if any euro team wants to ask him to play i highly doubt thell give 50 (it was only a rumor) and i dont think hell go anyway)

cmstophe
11-04-2008, 12:35 AM
He's just not a shooter honestly, guys. I'm not sure he ever will be. He will play defense and he will drive, and occasionally hit a jumper but...well, I'm just not sure he will ever develop a killer jump shot.

cmstophe
11-04-2008, 12:36 AM
The Nets are going to acquire KIng James

Lebron like any pro wants Money Rings and Glory

Money
- The Nets now have the cap space to make a deal with James, When Carter leaves theyll have even more to hand out.

Rings and Glory-
Nets are a respected franchise since the early 90's and have always been a top team since then. Now the team is being prepared for King James Arrival. With James in place for Carter if he comes through with a deal the NETS will look like a Dream team. By the time James contract is over Lopez, Harris and the other nets will all be in their prime if not close to it. So here comes playoff hopes. And James leading the youth into Victory

He also has large relationships with the Nets organzation including a huge business and personal relationship with Co-owner Jay Z. They have been talking about changing the future of athletics and music or something like that(all i know is that if Jay Z is plotting something im behind it 100%)

Experts, Analysts, Journalists and so on have all also stated that even if Lebron were to win a Championship with the Cavs it will still be nearly impossible to stop him from leaving

and a 50 million dollar contract in Europe wouldnt be so bad. Hell get much improvement playing a whole differ game, more world fame but it isnt the best league in the world. it isnt the NBA, so if any euro team wants to ask him to play i highly doubt thell give 50 (it was only a rumor) and i dont think hell go anyway)

"Experts, analysts, and journalists" don't know what they're talking about. They don't make the decision, Lebron does.

As for LBJ to the Nets, that is becoming less and less likely every day. Do any of you even keep up on the situation? The Nets are a mess, financially, and their move to Brooklyn is falling through.

mlisica19
11-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Cavs will not trade him. They could not get anyone good enough in return. If they trade him theyll lose all my faith in any chance for a playoff run let alone a chance at the finals! Plus James isnt stupid he wont say im leaving. Hell say like anyone else, Im here now and thats all im focusing on and everyone like to hear that.

They will play their best to win with James which they have a chance to.

James also isnt a shooter he is a Juggernaut. He is a freak when it comes to hard nose basketball. He drives with all his force and plays defense with all his might. Helll improve his shooting but gradually. I mean he already states he is better than last year 4x.

And Bosh isnt going anywhere he is a franchise foward for toronto at least of the next 5 years. hell end up probably being like Garnett but with less stats but more awards and championshps by the end of his career if not the same

ARMIN12NBA
11-04-2008, 12:41 AM
He's just not a shooter honestly, guys. I'm not sure he ever will be. He will play defense and he will drive, and occasionally hit a jumper but...well, I'm just not sure he will ever develop a killer jump shot.

No he won't...He is not a good defender at all and has actually looked worse this year, which I think is because of fatigue from the Olympics.

zambo4president
11-04-2008, 12:54 AM
You all know what I meant lol

And I would take Wade ANYDAY over Lebron

And theres a reason they dont take random guys off the streets to run teams.

cmstophe
11-04-2008, 01:07 AM
No he won't...He is not a good defender at all and has actually looked worse this year, which I think is because of fatigue from the Olympics.

He was a great defender in the playoffs last year. He really improved over the season culiminating in the postseason.

He hasn't looked great on defense this year so far but he looked good tonight.

philab
11-04-2008, 01:08 AM

Of course it's impossible to stop him from leaving. That's one of the fundamental freedoms of every American -- freedom to contract. It's impossible to stop anyone from signing with another team (or business, etc.) once their contract is up.

It does NOT mean that he IS leaving.

This is so ****ing dumb I'm about at my breaking point (i.e., completely withdrawing from sport except for the actual games and muting the announcers even then). It's WAY, WAY, WAY past the point of being annoyed as a Cavaliers fan -- now I'm just annoyed and most of all disgusted at the **** ESPN and these horrible sportswriters keep throwing at us. There's NOTHING to report. LeBron may be a 99.9% chance to leave Cleveland, but right now 1) there's nothing to support that claim and 2) who the **** cares until mid-next season?

On a side not, if he does leave, I'm afraid the Cavaliers might be on the way out. I had a feeling they were heading out until they got the #1 in '03, and losing LeBron could set the whole thing in motion.

Lebron23
11-04-2008, 01:11 AM
He was a great defender in the playoffs last year. He really improved over the season culiminating in the postseason.

He hasn't looked great on defense this year so far but he looked good tonight.

He played great defense on Dirk Nowitzki. By the way Dirk only scored 8 points today after averaging 28.5 ppg in the first 2 games of the season.

ramansingh3
11-04-2008, 02:31 PM
I think the Pistons are probably going to get Chris Bosh. They will need a guy to replace Sheed...Plus, I just heard it on NBATV from David Aldridge that Bosh is the guy they are looking to get.

i don't know if Bosh will leave the raptors especially since they got O'neal to prove to him they want to contend. The raptors will also probably match any offer.

king4day
11-04-2008, 02:58 PM
John Hollinger said yesterday, while very unlikely, that the Pistons could make a run at Kobe if he opts out this offseason. They'd have cap room and talent to make a few potential title runs.

I don't see Kobe opting out unless something goes horribly wrong this season.

RaysFan
11-04-2008, 03:13 PM
At the very least the Cavs will trade LeBron to the Lakers for Bynum/Farmar and future picks. LeBron would love it as he would stay on his Cleveland max-contract, get to L.A. and win titles with Odom/Kobe/Gasol, and Cleveland would get a young center and a young PG for their future.

fredv
11-04-2008, 03:55 PM
He said his main goal was to become a billionaire...not to win a championship.

That is just plain sad.

ARMIN12NBA
11-04-2008, 06:28 PM
John Hollinger said yesterday, while very unlikely, that the Pistons could make a run at Kobe if he opts out this offseason. They'd have cap room and talent to make a few potential title runs.

I don't see Kobe opting out unless something goes horribly wrong this season.

Kobe is opting out no matter what. He is going to opt out and sign a new deal with the Lakers...