PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Guys Think Of This Trade/Idea?

Dashtary
11-03-2008, 06:50 PM
I think that we should trade for Holliday, he is on the block and to me he is a perfect fit. If we trade Huff, Scott can move to DH, or he can be traded (not saying it will happen). I know you guys r saying that we cant do that since we have reimold, but we can move holliday to DH/1st sometimes if scott is traded, as much as i like him,and then if we sign tex....
Imagine our starting lineup kind of in an order...
1. B-Rob unless he is traded
2. Jones/Markakis
3. Holliday/Markakis
4. Tex
5. Jones or Holliday
6.Weiters when he is called up or Scott
7. Reimold when he is called up or Scott
8. Scott/Reimold/Weiters
9. SS

That would be a lethal lineup
(To me). This is barring the fact that Huff is traded and/or Scott

thegreatone08
11-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Who's playin third?

The General
11-04-2008, 06:15 AM
you guys dont have to give up all your young stud prospects for holliday, the cubs will trade you soriano for a bag of balls.

Silent
11-06-2008, 04:16 PM
you guys dont have to give up all your young stud prospects for holliday, the cubs will trade you soriano for a bag of balls.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

bigity b
11-06-2008, 05:23 PM
done. ill take soriano for y'all.

Driven
11-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Holliday will cost too much, and he's clearly a product of Coors Field.

vetoedbyangelos
11-09-2008, 06:33 AM
Second that. Even though I think the Coors effect is more psychological at this point, I don't think he's a good fit for the Orioles. He's expensive, not particularly mobile, and we would have to sacrifice significant prospects to get him. I'd rather take a look at Reimold and Montanez in a platoon role, after trading Scott. Scott will be arbitration eligible soon, and it makes sense to move him before his salary goes up - which would hurt his value.