PDA

View Full Version : Iverson officially traded to Detroit

Sports Illustrator
11-02-2008, 09:59 AM
NBA sources said the Nuggets have inquired about obtaining Denver native Chauncey Billups from the Pistons for Allen Iverson. Because of Iverson's lucrative contract ($20.8 million) it would take more than Billups ($11 million), though.

From Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/11/02/shaq_isnt_fading_away/?page=3)

Dalionking
11-02-2008, 11:03 AM
unless something bad happens and this season goes horribly wrong, no way AI comes to detroit for anything other than a road game

Sox Appeal
11-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Source: Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/11/02/shaq_isnt_fading_away/?page=3)

NBA sources said the Nuggets have inquired about obtaining Denver native Chauncey Billups from the Pistons for Allen Iverson. Because of Iverson's lucrative contract ($20.8 million) it would take more than Billups ($11 million), though

scottie
11-02-2008, 10:48 PM
all day long!

King, you better chime in on this!

Sharkaac
11-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Oh, that would be nice! If it doesn't work out we get 20million off the books for next season, and maybe another 13million if we keep Wallace in the trade. However, I don't see how we could do that trade without trading Billups and 2 other players, another which could be a starter. I wouldn't think Dumas would do that without getting Melo, but I am sure there is something that could work.

BigSteve
11-02-2008, 11:47 PM
I would hate if we got Iverson. He really seems like the opposite of what Joe has been trying to build all these years.

IversonIsKrazy
11-03-2008, 01:30 AM
the offical trade offer would b this.

Detroit Recieves:
Allen Iverson (SG) $21m

Denver Recieves:
Chauncey Billups (PG) $11m
Antonio McDyess (PF) $7m

garnotm
11-03-2008, 09:02 AM
I love how teams want to throw their over priced trash our way...as if we even want Iverson.

Sharkaac
11-03-2008, 12:24 PM
See I think McDyess wouldn't be traded. He has said a bunch of times that he only wants to play for the pistons and would retire before playing with another team. I would think Dumars, being a player first kind of GM, wouldn't do something like that to McDyess. Especially with Iverson the Pistons have a better chance at winning it all; the only thing McDyess wants to do. Other than that I would do it! lol

mkool65
11-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Looks like this has some legs. Stephen A. Smith just reported it on ESPN First Take.

GunFactor187
11-03-2008, 12:49 PM
I would want at least a second round draft pick along with AI, for Big-Shot and Dice.

Nikolishin
11-03-2008, 01:00 PM
thats dumb i would rather have chauncey

mkool65
11-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Straight up this may be just what we were missing. A guy who can get his own shot, is a good passer and can take over a game if we need him to. I think AI is a better defender than Chauncey but not the same leader. I will miss Chauncey and really do not want to see him go but I think Dumars is actually making a pretty good move here. We will see how this affects our chemistry though.

AirJordanXVIII
11-03-2008, 01:13 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtAe0XuuK0SBlY3VaPoQzU85nYcB?slug=aw-iversontraded110308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I cant see him a Pistons uni..

~Troy
11-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Ugh I don't like this trade. I really hope that AI proves me wrong, but I don't see being very effective IMO. This must mean Stuckeys close to being ready to taking over the starting spot in the near future.

wuswarm36
11-03-2008, 01:31 PM
wow i would of never thought that detroit was gonna give up on Chauncey more so then RIP.

~Troy
11-03-2008, 01:42 PM
wow i would of never thought that detroit was gonna give up on Chauncey more so then RIP.

I'm thinking this is just a way to clear up room so Stucky can get the starting position next year. I think this is Iverson's last year on his contract, correct? I don't know I could be wrong.

Living Legend
11-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Say goodbye to your great defensive team

mkool65
11-03-2008, 01:50 PM
The thing about Detroit's great defensive team is that it is a TEAM defense. We will not see a considerable drop in overall defense while I think this might help our offense a bit. I really have no problem with this trade. Worse case scenario we have 33mil coming off the books after this season.

THE MTL
11-03-2008, 01:53 PM
I think Detroit is going to be even better now. Def. another Eastern Conference finals visit. Heck, AI might bring yall over the top and beat Boston now.

wuswarm36
11-03-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm thinking this is just a way to clear up room so Stucky can get the starting position next year. I think this is Iverson's last year on his contract, correct? I don't know I could be wrong.

i think it is his contract year too. hey not a bad option to groom Stuckey if this is just a 1 year thing. just i really thought Dumars would unload Rip over Billups. but hey im not an everyday piston fan. just taking a shot in the dark.

~Troy
11-03-2008, 02:02 PM
i think it is his contract year too. hey not a bad option to groom Stuckey if this is just a 1 year thing. just i really thought Dumars would unload Rip over Billups. but hey im not an everyday piston fan. just taking a shot in the dark.

That's what I'm thinking it is. Good way to clear up cap room space for the free agency next year.

JJ81
11-03-2008, 02:25 PM
http://www.nba.com/2008/news/11/03/nuggets.pistons.trade.ap/index.html

They went through with it

Lionsforlife
11-03-2008, 02:55 PM
I was hesitant at first, but I think this is a great deal. One: Chauncey had three years left on a huge contract, Iverson has 1, this year and he's gone freeing up a ton of cap space. Iverson comes in to point for one year and then Stuckey takes over.

Plus, the rumor is McDyess was a throw in for money reasons only. They are fully expected to cut him and have him re-sign with the Pistons. Plus, with Kwame looking okay, we really don't need him.

The only thing I don't like is getting rid of Samb. But oh well. I think this might be a boost. I was getting a little tired of Chauncey (not that I love AI or anything however, but he is just something different).

wuswarm36
11-03-2008, 03:06 PM
i wonder if u guys are trying to clear for 2010 too...

lakersrock
11-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Iverson/Hamilton/Prince/McDyess/Rasheed will win the East. You have four guys that can shoot very well and I don't think there is a team that can defend them if they play uptempo.

iggypop123
11-03-2008, 03:13 PM
good trade for you guys. although if you wanted to win a title then its a wash. the huge advatange you guys had with boston was(when healthy) billups could destroy rondo. now that wont happen. and your defense suffers now. iversen will let penetration go all day, that puts pressure on sheed,maxxiel etc. this is a great trade for you guys in 2010 but for a title i doubt it. lebron is still i a beast and in the playoffs he can play 45 min a game

Mets4Life101
11-03-2008, 03:39 PM
iverson is my favorite player in the league. even tho im not a pistons fan i will always root for him and ill think hell do great for you guys

DJiC
11-03-2008, 03:46 PM
well its done its ai for billups/dice/samp

Afridi786
11-03-2008, 03:51 PM
This is good for you guys imo, well maybe not so this year, but next year, I don't think you'll resign AI, you'll have plenty of cap room for going after Boozer if you so choose...this could be your team next year...
Stuckey
Hamilton
Tayshaun
Boozer
Rasheed

JMDTM
11-03-2008, 04:00 PM
why would we traded for AI and not resign him for another year. If that was the case why trade, even though im one of the few fans of this trade. Allows Maxiell to get more play time who is the future of the team. Also i think Kwame Brown is gonna be a solid backup Center for us. He is gettting better at shooting. I think our coaching staff really helped him out with his game.
Starting lineup
C: Rasheed Wallace, Kwame Brown
PF: Amir Johnson, Jason Maxiell
SF: Tayshaun Prince, Walter Hermann
SG: Richard Hamilton, Aaron Afflalo
PG: AI, Rodney Stuckey

looks like a solid team to me

NYMetros
11-03-2008, 04:06 PM
I absolutely love this move for us. We now have a guy that can get into the paint with ease and dish it out or simply lay it up for two points. Love this trade for us. It's sad to see Billups go, though.

JMDTM
11-03-2008, 04:07 PM
yeah we never had someone to go down low for us and actually put it in. great addition!

YayArea
11-03-2008, 04:48 PM
This trade is great... I love billups.. he is a great player and leader. But AI will help us out more I think.

For those of you that think this trade is going to hurt us... I really dont see how? To me Billups was declining & AI gives us that driver that we've always wanted. To me Perfect trade to get us back to the finals. Plus AI wants a ring.. I think he is going to play harder than anyone in a Pistons UNI this year.. Mark my words. Iam sure everyone didnt think the Sheed trade would get us to the finals either. I do also think AI will sign back next year also. Everyone that come to Detroit never wants to leave :D ESP under JOE D

UCONN Huskies
11-03-2008, 05:02 PM
I don't question Joe D and his moves. The second thing is that he LOVES to get guys that want a championship and that is something the Pistons have been lacking. AI is a fierce competitor and a much better on the ball defender than Billups. I HATE Iverson but love him on my team. Maybe he injects some life/hunger into this team. Thanks Billups for making us a champion again!!!

colinskik
11-03-2008, 05:28 PM
To everyone who thinks Kwame will help the team at all, give me a break. That guy is the biggest bust of all time. I watched him more than I care to remember on the Lakers and he simply is garbage. End of story.

It's funny how AI has become a player that a lot of fans don't want on their team. Sure he makes a lot of money, but dude is unstoppable. Especially on a team that is well balanced, like Detroit, he'll be perfect as the scoring option. I like this trade for you guys.

Sox Appeal
11-03-2008, 05:42 PM
i wonder if u guys are trying to clear for 2010 too...

I would really doubt that the objective of this trade was to clear salary cap for 2010. Iverson is in the final year of his deal, as is Rasheed Wallace so combined those players will have well over 30M dollars coming off the books this season. That would give the Pistons the ability to be MAJOR spenders in the free agent market this season, and they could possibly go after a big man to replace Rasheed. (Boozer maybe?) And with the departure of Iverson at years end, we would be able to slide Stuckey in the PG role at the beginning of next season.

t-mac1nukka
11-03-2008, 05:45 PM
wow glad im not a fan of the pistons. iverson is just a plain loser! great talent but his teams are always very poor. maybe he changes here.

C-Dub
11-03-2008, 05:45 PM
hey guys, i used to be a pistons fan back before i had this psd account, so i saw alot of what you guys wrote for quite a while, of course ive been a nuggets fan as of late (melo and AI are my favorite players) and i just want to say that this is a great deal for both teams, im sad on both ends, cuz i like both players and teams, but this will make both better, plus AI is closer to where i live now, lol. Ill be in here quite a bit now i think, so i just though id say hello.

C-Dub
11-03-2008, 05:47 PM
wow glad im not a fan of the pistons. iverson is just a plain loser! great talent but his teams are always very poor. maybe he changes here.

ya, you know, because he is considered one of the best players ever and led his team to the finals in 01. hes really a loser

mkool65
11-03-2008, 05:47 PM
He has a more complete team here than he has ever had. There is no reason to believe that he wont do better here.

Sox Appeal
11-03-2008, 05:55 PM
ya, you know, because he is considered one of the best players ever and led his team to the finals in 01. hes really a loser

Yeah, he's also one of the best scorers in NBA history.

The guy is a total loser..

:rolleyes:

C-Dub
11-03-2008, 06:01 PM
haha, so itll be fun meeting some more people now, i hope you guys dont think im a complete idiot for just showing up cuz my player got traded. i actually loved the pistons even when AI was with Philly, and then idk, melo and Ai, my top 2 players on the same team, plus kmart, that changed me. but hey, i never really stopped liking the pistons, so well see how it goes

lol--go OBAMA!!!

Living Legend
11-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Ai scores 30 a game but he gives up 20 to the opposing PG. Since he can't defend it like 5 on 4 on the defensive end which puts more pressure on the other players.

Im sorry but I feel like Denver got the younger and better all around player in Billups.

I suppose the expiring contract was valuable to Detroit, but I just don't understand this move.

BALLER71
11-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Pistons got vaginally raped. Terrible trade for the Pistons.

mkool65
11-03-2008, 06:32 PM
well you managed to lose any credibility quite quickly.

C-Dub
11-03-2008, 06:53 PM
got that right

intex45
11-03-2008, 07:17 PM
So does anyone know for sure if Mckeydikydice is going to be bought out by the Nuggets? We could use him back if Hermann slumps.

C-Dub
11-03-2008, 07:23 PM
yes, he is going to be bought out to resign with detroit so the nuggets can get J. Howard back. I saw it in the nuggets forum

JMDTM
11-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Ai scores 30 a game but he gives up 20 to the opposing PG. Since he can't defend it like 5 on 4 on the defensive end which puts more pressure on the other players.

Im sorry but I feel like Denver got the younger and better all around player in Billups.

I suppose the expiring contract was valuable to Detroit, but I just don't understand this move.

how did they get a younger player? Billups= 32. Iverson= 33. WOW! man your right here! cant believe we did this. Iverson was the best defender on the nuggets anyways and scores so many points a game, its incredible. I dont see why you think this is bad

C-Dub
11-03-2008, 07:30 PM
iverson is always top ten or near in steals, points, and assists

JMDTM
11-03-2008, 07:35 PM
hey guys just read on a website that Mcdyess does not want to play for Denver and will probably be waived where we can resign him!!!! so if we do, all we lost is Billups and Samb or whatever his name is. Point is we got the thumbs up in this trade if this happens

BenFrank
11-03-2008, 07:35 PM
I think this will be a good trade for detroit

Iverson
Hamilton
Prince
Maxille ( don't remember if that's correct)
Wallace..

Detroit will give teams fit's, and if nothing 2 good happen's Iverson walk's and detroit has tremendous cap space, so it's a win/win

29$JerZ
11-03-2008, 07:36 PM
I find it interesting that Denver did this move. Billups gives thema good starting PG and allows J.R t be their Starting SG.

JMDTM
11-03-2008, 07:36 PM
yeah and even if he walks and stuckey comes in, we sign Boozer and we win again. Wow this just keeps looking better and better

JIDsanity
11-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I admire your GM.

Tblaze
11-03-2008, 07:53 PM
I think it was a solid trade for both. Both teams got what they needed.

BigSteve
11-03-2008, 08:06 PM
There is a good story on Yahoo about how they believe this makes the Pistons the front runner for Lebron now.

JMDTM
11-03-2008, 08:08 PM
oh baby. thats awesome. Hey just put a pic on my profile. does it show next to my post?

Lionsforlife
11-03-2008, 08:27 PM
why would we traded for AI and not resign him for another year.

There is no way they sign them next year. They did this trade A: to get a player that is hungry for a title and mix up a stagnant starting 5, B: Billups may be a year younger, but seems to have the more declining game, C: free up cap room next year. Billups has 3 years and Iverson is off the books next year. They are hoping to win the title and then move on. And i guess there's D) Stuckey is the heir apparent to the PG spot, so might as well bring in someone for one more year and then he's there.

However, I don't think the move was for 2010. I don't see them jumping at Lebron, but it's possible. I think it was more to rebuild next year without Billups and Sheed. Boozer maybe?

I hated this trade at first but am loving it more and more. Hated to give up Samb, but with Brown, Maxiel, Johnson, Wallace, et al, he wasn't going to see the floor. In Denver, he may get some significant time sooner than later.

JMDTM
11-03-2008, 08:32 PM
yeah. And if we can get Boozer, oh boy we will have a shot at the title again. If we can sign Boozer, which is very well possible then what will we do about Maxiell and Johnson?

PurpleJesus
11-03-2008, 08:43 PM
is iverson gonna play point for you guys or do you have someone else to step in at that position and iverson can play the 2?
Iverson should be pretty good with you guys, i think it was a win-win for both teams. I also heard McDyess might come right back for the Pistons, i dont know why denver would get rid of him right away, he can play and they should be competeing for a playoff spot

JMDTM
11-03-2008, 08:54 PM
he might come back cause he has stated he wont play for denver, or any other team. only us, so he may be released, then resign with us, or retire which i doubt.

Iverson is expected to play PG. Hamilton was also signed to a 3 year extension today, so Iverson will finish the year at starting PG. Then will probably be released. We are just going for the title this year.

mkool65
11-03-2008, 08:58 PM
I would assume he is playing both. We can not afford to have Rip or AI sitting on the bench for half the game. I think he will start at PG but will be spelled real quick by Stuckey every game and play the majority of the game at the 2 and Rip can play some 3. I think Rip, AI, Stuckey and Tay will all log about the same number of minutes each game.

iggypop123
11-03-2008, 08:58 PM
iverson is always top ten or near in steals, points, and assists

defense isnt rated by your steals per game. AI is a gambler that is undersized for his position that cant stop penetration with elite guards

mkool65
11-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Good thing our big men are among the leagues best at help defense. Not saying it will fix the problem but it will help.

JMDTM
11-03-2008, 09:04 PM
yeah true

dre1990
11-03-2008, 09:12 PM
I would rather keep chauncey but i will welcome a.i with open arms

PurpleJesus
11-03-2008, 09:24 PM
How did i forget you guys had stuckey, i would start him at point and allen at 2 with rip at 3, that opinion coming from a guy who only watches one or two detroit games a season though

mkool65
11-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah but I think it would be a shame to start Stuckey over Tay. Tay deserves 30+ minutes each game.

PurpleJesus
11-03-2008, 09:41 PM
could tay or rip be trade bait now? or do you just wait for the season to be done and iverson to be gone, then it would be stuckey, tay, and rip in the starting 5

Sox Appeal
11-03-2008, 09:54 PM
could tay or rip be trade bait now? or do you just wait for the season to be done and iverson to be gone, then it would be stuckey, tay, and rip in the starting 5

There where some rumors about Prince being traded to the Warriors. The chances of him being traded now though I would say are slim to none. We couldn't afford to lose his perimeter defense. Rip on the other hand, signed a 3 year extension earlier today, so I'm sure he'll also be a member of the Pistons for the long term. The most likely scenario I would say is, we keep the roster we have as of now intact, and let Iversons contract expire at the end of the season. Then, spend some serious cash in free agency. :D

JMDTM
11-03-2008, 10:06 PM
i agree. We need to just play the year out and win the championship. I mean how do you not win with starting talent from what will be 7 guys. And then Hermann and Bynum who i really like. Man we are gonna be real good this year

Theanswer76
11-03-2008, 10:11 PM
idk why most you guys are hating on iverson, i think he will do a great job imo, he will fit in the system, hes not gonna ball hog, he is still a great player

JMDTM
11-03-2008, 10:12 PM
im not hating on him. he just wont be here next year. he will be a free agent and leave. its just whats gonna happen

C-Dub
11-03-2008, 10:55 PM
maybe he'll go back to denver and then i can stay in one forum again, hahahahaha! i doubt it though, maybe he should go back to the sixers, he'd kill with them.
Miller
AI
AI number 2
Brand
Dalembert
wow, they could really be lethal this year even withough AI

streetballa
11-03-2008, 11:15 PM
let me know if I'm the only one that can see this lineup working out
Stuckey pg
Iverson sg
Hamilton sf
Prince pf
Wallace c

would be small ball but with stuckey hamilton and iverson that would probably work out well with the penetration and having prince and wallace able to shoot the three would take the other teams big men out of the paint and allow those drives

scottie
11-03-2008, 11:33 PM
unless something bad happens and this season goes horribly wrong, no way AI comes to detroit for anything other than a road game

WOW! First Roy Williams, now AI--- Your not doing too well King!

Sox Appeal
11-03-2008, 11:41 PM
let me know if I'm the only one that can see this lineup working out
Stuckey pg
Iverson sg
Hamilton sf
Prince pf
Wallace c

would be small ball but with stuckey hamilton and iverson that would probably work out well with the penetration and having prince and wallace able to shoot the three would take the other teams big men out of the paint and allow those drives

I wouldn't mind seeing a lineup like this against smaller teams. When we would face teams like the Sixers, Celtics, etc. we would obviously need to go the bigger lineup though. But, I don't see the Pistons doing that. From everything I can tell, they (the Pistons) believe Amir has earned a starting spot in the lineup, and going small would take that away from him.

JMDTM
11-04-2008, 12:11 AM
i think amir has earned it and he is very young which is sweet

11-04-2008, 03:35 AM
hey guys, just a typical iverson follower here, yeh i'm pretty sad really when i heard my fav player Iverson got traded. Especially coz i was really excited for the year.. Now i think this trade is awseom for Detroit, and i think i'm probably guna be rootin for the Piustons sooner or later. Good trade for both teams, denver got their elete point guarrd, and detroit got a player who can create his own shot, and dominate the game

citizenc78
11-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Someone suggested they may play Rip off the bench ala Manu at the spurs.

I think Detroit still play Prince at the 3...I don't see Hamilton moving there in the starting line up.

3 guard rotation of Stuckey, Iverson & Rip. Should do the job.

Starting
AI
Hamilton
Prince
Amir
Sheed

Rotation
Stuckey
Maxiel
Hermann
Kwame

LeonFSU
11-04-2008, 11:12 AM
I think this is a great trade for Detroit. Iverson has always been criticized for not being able to guard top PGs, but by going to the Eastern conference, he won't have to guard them as often. In the Eastern playoffs he'll likely only have to worry about guarding Andre Miller, Jose Calderon, and Rajon Rondo. In the West he was incapable of guarding PGs such as Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Baron Davis, and Jason Kidd who should all be in the playoffs.

I see this hurting Stuckey's playing time though. I don't think a Stuckey, AI, Rip combo would be very good defensively, and with guys like Hermann, Maxiell, and Kwame coming off the bench, I don't really see them going small too often, at least not in the playoffs.

dnnug
11-04-2008, 02:54 PM
you guys are going to love AI, the heart, the passion, the grit he brings to the game are a treat to watch. Enjoy it! I know I did when he was a nugs.

intex45
11-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Theanswer76, I can't speak for all piston fans, but all I know about A.I. is that whole "practice" crap he said a few years back. He just sounds like a selfish jerk to me, and I'm scared of him ruining our continuity. He better realize he isn't "THE answer", but "AN answer" to a championship run.

C-Dub
11-04-2008, 04:22 PM
yup, definelty not all the fans...... you dont know AI, and they wouldnt have brought him to the team usnless somehow he was, The Answer, sure he'll only be here for a season, but for now they thought he'd be a great choice for a years solution, he knows what he has to do, and he will do it

BigSteve
11-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Someone suggested they may play Rip off the bench ala Manu at the spurs.

I think Detroit still play Prince at the 3...I don't see Hamilton moving there in the starting line up.

3 guard rotation of Stuckey, Iverson & Rip. Should do the job.

Starting
AI
Hamilton
Prince
Amir
Sheed

Rotation
Stuckey
Maxiel
Hermann
Kwame

You can't reward one of your all-stars year after year with a move to the 6 man spot. Rip needs to stay in the starting line-up and Iverson needs to learn to run the point. I know people are getting excited about this, but I really don't want Iverson on this team. The whole team chemistry thing have built all this time is not a good fit for him. I can respect that he plays hard, but I don't like his game for kind of team. I also don't like his attitude and his mouth.

BigSteve
11-04-2008, 06:33 PM
yup, definelty not all the fans...... you dont know AI, and they wouldnt have brought him to the team usnless somehow he was, The Answer, sure he'll only be here for a season, but for now they thought he'd be a great choice for a years solution, he knows what he has to do, and he will do it

Your right, we don't. Unless you hang out with him on the weekends neither do you.

chad311k9
11-05-2008, 01:43 AM
good move from a financial aspect.

ALTHOUGH I think AI will hurt your team this year, more than he will help it. he is too much of a volume shooter(who doesn't make a high % of his shots) and lacks leadership. You guys lost that leadership when Billups left. He is going to be hard to replace.

Of course this will all pay off if you land Lebron ;)

FlawlessKB24
11-05-2008, 02:43 AM
hey pistons fans, i made an avi for you guys.
anyone could wear it, but if anyone asks where you got it, tell them it was me ;)

http://www.sportzin.com/forums/uploads/gallery/1221796595/gallery_1891_12_4333.png

Big R
11-05-2008, 03:59 AM
-throws my nuggets jersey away and puts on a pistons one-

i go where the answer goes!

:speechless::speechless::speechless:

garnotm
11-05-2008, 11:30 AM
no offense to you AI fans...but I can't wait for the pistons not to resign him at the end of this year.

Theanswer76
11-05-2008, 03:55 PM
no offense to you AI fans...but I can't wait for the pistons not to resign him at the end of this year.

after the pistons win a championship this year

8kobe24
11-05-2008, 04:03 PM

If they get past Boston, I think the pistons will resign him, but probably not max dollars, but close to it.

FatSacks
11-05-2008, 05:22 PM
If they get past Boston, I think the pistons will resign him, but probably not max dollars, but close to it.

There isn't a chance the Pistons will resign AI. Stuckey is the point guard of the future and Rip just inked an extension.

THE MTL
11-05-2008, 05:58 PM

Classic example of uninformed fan. I have never heard of opposing PG's dropping 20pts on Iverson. That never happens. Also Iverson might not be the best defender but the guy can hold his own. He is not a liability on defense at all. Also, he is always Top 5 in the league in steals per game, so he must play some defense.

Also how the hell did Denver get younger? They took back Billups and Mcdyess. Isnt Mcdyess considering retirement pretty soon. And Billups is as old as Iverson.

Theanswer76
11-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Classic example of uninformed fan. I have never heard of opposing PG's dropping 20pts on Iverson. That never happens. Also Iverson might not be the best defender but the guy can hold his own. He is not a liability on defense at all. Also, he is always Top 5 in the league in steals per game, so he must play some defense.

Also how the hell did Denver get younger? They took back Billups and Mcdyess. Isnt Mcdyess considering retirement pretty soon. And Billups is as old as Iverson.

+1 on the sig and +2 on what you said, Your exactly correct, Iverson has been in top 5 steals for many years now, he gambles and thats why he is not considered a great defender, hopefully he will not gamble as much as he used too, Pistons will be the team to beat? Speaking of celtics.. Pacers beat them, Hawks and Cavs took them to 7 games.. Pistons are the team to beat. If Iverson does good he will take the cut just like Garnett. Like he said He got the money, he got the individual titles and etc.. He just wants a Ring. Believe that. 0BAMA 08