PDA

View Full Version : Interesting - Oswalt & Berkman

texassooner
11-03-2008, 01:51 AM
Nov 2, 2008
8:41 AM EST The New York Yankees called the Houston Astros to inquire about the availability of pitcher Roy Oswalt and first baseman Lance Berkman, according to the Boston Globe.

Of course an inquiry means nothing but makes you wonder who the Yankees might offer for someone like Oswalt and Berkman.

UnWantedTheory
11-03-2008, 04:41 AM
Those two are our cornerstones....nothing that will happen involving them would help our "win now" plans.

astrosmaniac
11-03-2008, 08:40 AM
the only way theyd get them is if they involved like their 10 best prospects and 2 major league talent players already

Jermster
11-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Nov 2, 2008
8:41 AM EST The New York Yankees called the Houston Astros to inquire about the availability of pitcher Roy Oswalt and first baseman Lance Berkman, according to the Boston Globe.

Of course an inquiry means nothing but makes you wonder who the Yankees might offer for someone like Oswalt and Berkman.

I would not Trade Berkman and Oswalt for maybe 3 or 4 of the Yankees best prospects. It would be better if they were traded individually so you can get more for your buck.

Also if you were gonna trade them, why not trade them to Tampa Bay or the Marlins, teams that have good farm systems.

lilboytwister99
11-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Wait dont the Yankees have that switch pitcher somewhere in their minor leagues? Id take him!

Actually, Yankees wouldnt do us any good for Oswalt and Berkman. Tampa Bay, Boston, or even LA Angels might give us better talent.

Ya know I always wondered if the Astros would trade Oswalt and Berkman and restock their farm system. Now probably wouldnt be the time considering we're trying to win now, but if the Astros were sold on blowing up the team, that tandem could get us some young new faces.

Jermster
11-03-2008, 09:10 PM
The Yankee pitcher that is a switch-pitcher is named Pat Venditte and is a 23 year old who was drafted this year in the 20th round.

The Top Farm Systems are:
1st Tampa Bay Rays
2nd Cincinnati Reds
3rd Texas Rangers
4th Boston Red Sox
5th New York Yankees

native_astro
11-04-2008, 12:08 AM
I don't think that this trade would happen, but then again I could see Berkman and Oswalt getting pissed if the Astros do not add pieces to help.

Berkman father is a huge Yankees fan and I could see Berkman approving a trade to the Yankees.

If a trade like this ever went down you could see the Astros get 3 mlb ready players plus 4 top prospects easily. Might not be a bad idea if the right pieces come back.

Not going to happen though!

jsmith.astros
11-04-2008, 12:46 AM
One of the many great things about the Astros is their loyalty to their superstar players (Biggio, Bagwell). The point of getting prospects is the hope that they will someday be the type of players that Berkman and Oswalt already are. They won't trade them away because of what they have done for the organization and because it wouldn't even be beneficial.