PDA

View Full Version : Iverson for Billups?

CrowninMe
11-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Now that would be interesting...wouldn't it? It might actually be good for both teams.

http://hoopsoup.com/2008/11/02/chauncey-billups-for-allen-iverson-trade-in-the-works/

iluvsports2much
11-03-2008, 01:06 AM
are you serious......

LAKERS 24/7
11-03-2008, 01:11 AM
bored?

michaellui11
11-03-2008, 01:13 AM
lol
why iverson for billups and a guy who can hardly walk?

IversonIsKrazy
11-03-2008, 01:17 AM
i would say this is a good deal. this is the way i think the teams r thinkin of.

For nugz: They think their young trio of JR,Melo,Nene will develop better with the leadership and unselfishness of Billups. And McDyess 2 make the deal work.

For pistons: They think they'll score more, and will have $20m off the books for 09 free agency.

How i think wut will happen:

For nugz: Will do worse this year, but JR will develop a lot. while Melo and Nene will be the same, so nugz would b pretty much just as good/bad as to rite now, not making playoffs.

For pistons: Will do a little better, but not much, and will get either 2nd or 3rd seed in east.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-03-2008, 01:26 AM
It does not make sense.

Werent the Nuggets saving cap space and thats why they traded Camby for Nothing?

oK basketball wise it makes some sense for them sinceh JR is a Sg and Billups a real PG, but as i said, Billups is commited to a long and rich contract so.....

From Detroit only makes sense for Cap purposes since they already have Rip to play the Two, and i dont see Iverson as a huge upgrade over Billups at point G.....

I think the team that could Really use Iverson would be the Lakers, Odom +Farmar For Iverson.

that Provides Denver a Young True Point Guard and a Quality Power Foward who also is expiring.

And Allows Lakers to Solve their problem at the three by moving up Kobe, his legs would love the change since you dont need to be so speedy at the three, that was the move Jordan ended doing when he became older, moved from the 2 spot to the Three.

Fisher, Iverson, Kobe , Pau And Bynum sounds like a Ring.

Another Interesting posibility is a exchange of huge expiring Contracts , Kidd for Iverson.

Dallas has Terry who can play the point much better than he plays the Two, Denver woudl Love a TRUE point Guard.

Denver, Kidd, Jr, Melo, Kmart, Nene Dallas, Terry, Iverson, Howard, Dirk, Dampier, soudns much better than the current line ups.

Sox Appeal
11-03-2008, 01:33 AM
i would say this is a good deal. this is the way i think the teams r thinkin of.

For nugz: They think their young trio of JR,Melo,Nene will develop better with the leadership and unselfishness of Billups. And McDyess 2 make the deal work.

For pistons: They think they'll score more, and will have $20m off the books for 09 free agency.

How i think wut will happen:

For nugz: Will do worse this year, but JR will develop a lot. while Melo and Nene will be the same, so nugz would b pretty much just as good/bad as to rite now, not making playoffs.

For pistons: Will do a little better, but not much, and will get either 2nd or 3rd seed in east.

I honestly believe the Pistons would be in worse shape if they where to make a trade like this. The reason the Pistons have lost in the ECF the past few years hasn't been lack of a superstar player like many believe, it's been the lack of an actual coach. Flip would sit back, and just let the team coach themselves which can work, but it'll only get you so far. And, trading for Iverson would go against everything Joe Dumars believes in. From what I can tell, he really likes having a team of 5 players who can beat you, opposed to having a team that's built around a superstar. Also, this would really hurt us (Pistons) on the defensive side of the floor. Chauncey is one of the best perimeter defenders in the Eastern Conference. AI, on the other hand could only be considered an average at best type of defender. (Even though he's always a threat to steal the ball)

SAVAGE CLAW
11-03-2008, 01:56 AM
I forgot my favourite scenario.

Season ends Iverson makes peace with Sixers owners signs for the MLe

he fits as the perfect veteran leador of a killer line up with Miller, Ai, Iggy, Brand and Samu and go kill the damm Celtics and then Laughs in the face of kobe winning the ring.

LAKERS 24/7
11-03-2008, 03:31 PM
No way would the lakers want ai. no way. in our case, he's not the answer

JordansBulls
11-03-2008, 03:37 PM
:pity: