PDA

View Full Version : What is Denver doing?

LeBrowns
11-02-2008, 12:11 PM
1. Trades Marcus Camby for basically nothing.
Okay they're trying to clear cap sapce.

but then...
2. Trade Chucky Atkins for Jamaal Tinsley.
What?! This guy is a medicore point guard at best, plus a Monster contract after you just traded Camby??

3.New Rumor-Denver wants to trade AI for Billups
Reasoning for this trade is because of AI's luxurious contract.
Uh, AI expires after this year?

I'm no expert but this team's front office looks like a mess.

kswissdaf
11-02-2008, 12:57 PM
they are scrwed up

BkOriginalOne
11-02-2008, 01:17 PM
i don't believe the nuggets did the tinsley deal.
Also add the fact that they did not give Klezia and extension.

Their definitely in the rebuilding stages. They seem to be waiting for an opportunity to sign melo long term and allow AI and Kmart to walk away so they can begin again with, Melo, Jr, Nene.

Definitely bad front office, been that way ever sine Kiki left. Expect Coach Karl to not coach denver next season

IndyRealist
11-02-2008, 01:24 PM

but then...
What?! This guy is a medicore point guard at best, plus a Monster contract after you just traded Camby??

Marcus Camby was traded to clear cap space so that they could resign JR Smith without going over the luxury tax. Why be over the tax threshhold is you're not getting past the first round of the playoffs? Are you really paying for a contender?

They did not trade Chucky Atkins for Jamaal Tinsley They thought about it, then thought better. And for the record if Tinsley wasn't benched for the second half of the season last year, his 8.5 apg would be 5th in the NBA, behind three Olympic Gold Medalists (Kidd, Paul, Williams) and Steve Nash. And he was benched, he had a falling out with Jim O'Brien and told he was being put on the inactive list until they could trade him. He's still there, and they can still get him for next to nothing.

That rumor would kill two birds with one stone. 1) They would gain cap relief THIS year, I'm guessing they're still bleeding money, and 2) They would get the point guard they desparately need. JR Smith would move into the starting lineup and they wouldn't miss a beat.

If they don't think they can contend with their current players, which history has proven that they cannot, then they are obligated to their owner and their fans to do anything they can to make the team better. Why do we see this thread every couple of weeks?

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Marcus Camby was traded to clear cap space so that they could resign JR Smith without going over the luxury tax. Why be over the tax threshhold is you're not getting past the first round of the playoffs? Are you really paying for a contender?

They did not trade Chucky Atkins for Jamaal Tinsley They thought about it, then thought better. And for the record if Tinsley wasn't benched for the second half of the season last year, his 8.5 apg would be 5th in the NBA, behind three Olympic Gold Medalists (Kidd, Paul, Williams) and Steve Nash. And he was benched, he had a falling out with Jim O'Brien and told he was being put on the inactive list until they could trade him. He's still there, and they can still get him for next to nothing.

That rumor would kill two birds with one stone. 1) They would gain cap relief THIS year, I'm guessing they're still bleeding money, and 2) They would get the point guard they desparately need. JR Smith would move into the starting lineup and they wouldn't miss a beat.

If they don't think they can contend with their current players, which history has proven that they cannot, then they are obligated to their owner and their fans to do anything they can to make the team better. Why do we see this thread every couple of weeks?

^^Finally...Someone who knows how to think for once, when talkin about the Nuggets.

Overall, I would love for the Nuggets to keep A.I. and still try to find someway to get a PG to help compliment him and Melo....But the only possibility of gettin anymore improvements to this team for sure, is lettin go of A.I.....And me bein a Nuggets fan, I find it difficult to really decide if this move would be helpful or not....So whatever happens, HAPPENS.....I'll be able to share my thoughts after the fact, regardless of what it is.

JordansBulls
11-02-2008, 01:52 PM

but then...

The Tinsley deal never went down.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
11-02-2008, 04:01 PM
rebuilding stages they need to get rid of those big contracts

Ballah0liC1
11-03-2008, 12:01 AM
tinsley mediocre :confused::confused::confused:
atkins garbage :nod::nod:

IversonIsKrazy
11-03-2008, 01:06 AM
mann, nugz r skrewed up! lol, well camby trade wuz so they can re-sign JR. tins trade never went down. and the ai 4 billups+mcdyess trade, i unno. i guess they think there young core trio of JR,Melo,Nene will develop better w/ billups instead of ai.