PDA

View Full Version : Rookie team of the 1st week

Hellcrooner
11-02-2008, 03:54 AM
For me

pg: Rose , Key in Bulls good start

sg: Rudy Fernandez 16 against lakers 8 reboudns against spurs, 20 against Pho

Sf: Nicolas Batum, Key in the victory over Spurs!!!

PF: Love Pretty Consistent

C: Marc Gasol 12/12 against ming, then held Howard to 14!!

amare#1
11-02-2008, 04:36 AM
I agree with Rose, Rudy and Love. I would probably prefer to put Beasley at the small forward position, as IMO he has been better than Batum over all the games. And put Jason Thompson at center instead of Gasol, although I was surprised by Gasol.

Sport
11-02-2008, 05:29 AM
You gotta give Mario Chalmers some love.

MiamiHeat
11-02-2008, 11:05 AM
PG - Chalmers
SG - Rose
SF - Beasley
PF - Love/Thompson
C - Gasol

JordansBulls
11-02-2008, 11:19 AM
For me

pg: Rose , Key in Bulls good start

sg: Rudy Fernandez 16 against lakers 8 reboudns against spurs, 20 against Pho

Sf: Nicolas Batum, Key in the victory over Spurs!!!

PF: Love Pretty Consistent

C: Marc Gasol 12/12 against ming, then held Howard to 14!!

I think Beasley has been pretty decent though.

MiamiHeat
11-02-2008, 11:23 AM
I think Beasley has been pretty decent though.

he just had to put Rudy cause he is from Spain
and blah blah blah :rolleyes: and also Nicolas Batum because he plays
for the Blazers and Rudy plays for them too so yeah blah blah blah
Beasley has been playing better than Batum and has better stats

Catfish1314
11-02-2008, 11:38 AM
C-Marc Gasol
PF-Jason Thompson (don't know why you guys are putting Love when JT has better #s across the board)
SF-Michael Beasley
SG-Rudy Fernandez
PG-Derrick Rose

Honorable Mention/Sixth Man: Mario Chalmers

Hellcrooner
11-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Thwe fact that Rudy is from spain and Im from spain does mean he is not off to a very good start?

_Sn1P3r_
11-02-2008, 02:04 PM
C- Marc
PF- JT
SF- Beasley
SG- Rudy
PG - Rose

EddieB
11-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Rudy Fernandez is a player, he is a gamer

_Supreme_
11-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Thwe fact that Rudy is from spain and Im from spain does mean he is not off to a very good start?

Nothing wrong with Rudy, he did very well.

Why didn't you put Beasley in it though?

Love is nice but Beasley has clearly been much better. Brook Lopez will probably take over as best rookie center soon. And Batum...... definitely not.

Jason Thompson deserves mention too.

Looks like you made this while not being aware of what half of the rookies did this week :drunk:

_Sn1P3r_
11-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Oh yeah, for got about Brook.^ He's doing pretty good so far. 10 and 8 the last game I think.

Tblaze
11-02-2008, 04:12 PM
he just had to put Rudy cause he is from Spain
and blah blah blah :rolleyes: and also Nicolas Batum because he plays
for the Blazers and Rudy plays for them too so yeah blah blah blah
Beasley has been playing better than Batum and has better stats

well putting chalmers over Rose is doing the same thing :) I agree Beasley should be put over Batum although he played well too. But saying Rudy is there because he's spanish and then putting chalmers over rose is pure homerism too ;)

BullsNumber1Fan
11-02-2008, 04:27 PM
well putting chalmers over Rose is doing the same thing :) I agree Beasley should be put over Batum although he played well too. But saying Rudy is there because he's spanish and then putting chalmers over rose is pure homerism too ;)

He put Rose at SG if you look more closely. And if you think about it, Rose can be put at either guard position because Rose and Hinrich both run the offense when they are both in. But I would put him at PG.

PG Rose
SG Fernandez
SF Beasley
PF Thompson
C Gasol
6th Chalmers

Jonathan2323
11-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Beasley should be on that list. Chalmers is 2nd behind Rose.

Tblaze
11-03-2008, 08:12 AM
He put Rose at SG if you look more closely. And if you think about it, Rose can be put at either guard position because Rose and Hinrich both run the offense when they are both in. But I would put him at PG.

PG Rose
SG Fernandez
SF Beasley
PF Thompson
C Gasol
6th Chalmers

well putting chalmers over rudy is the same thing.. but I agree with your lineup, thompson has been awesome so far.

daleja424
11-03-2008, 09:21 AM
what an awful list. Batum? really? Is that a joke? Chalmers, Beasley, Thompson, ever heard of any of them?!? They have all three been so much better then Batum it is clear to me that your list must be a joke. Heres the real list:

Rose
Fernandez
Beasley
Love
Thompson

6th man: Chalmers

daleja424
11-03-2008, 09:24 AM
well putting chalmers over rudy is the same thing.. but I agree with your lineup, thompson has been awesome so far.

and why is that? Chalmers has been arguably better then Fernandez... Sure Rudy scores 14 a game...but he doesn't do much else. While Chalmers is only scoring 9, he is also doing a lot more on the floor like dishing out 6 assists and getting 2 steals a game.

thats like telling me that Paul isn't as good as Joe Johnson b/c he scores less...

king4day
11-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Chalmers didn't impress me against the 'Cats and Batum didn't impress me against the Suns.
It's far too early to make these calls.
When it's all said and done, Fernandez will be better than Chalmers if for no other reason than he has way more experience.
The only reason Beasley shouldn't have been in this list was if he was forgotten.
IMO, he's frontrunner for ROTY right now.

Faneik
11-03-2008, 10:44 AM
PG - Rose
SG - Fernandez
SF - Beasley
PF - Thompson
C - Lopez(Nets)

Tblaze
11-03-2008, 11:08 AM
and why is that? Chalmers has been arguably better then Fernandez... Sure Rudy scores 14 a game...but he doesn't do much else. While Chalmers is only scoring 9, he is also doing a lot more on the floor like dishing out 6 assists and getting 2 steals a game.

thats like telling me that Paul isn't as good as Joe Johnson b/c he scores less...

hasn't been doing much else? first off he isn't a point guard, and getting 4 assists a game for a shooting guard is as impressive as getting 6 as a point guard. On top of that he gets about 4 rebounds a game too. Besides that not everything shows on the stat sheed. You can't see the hustle, one-on-one defence and creating space for other players.

I'm pretty sure everyone, except maybe some heat-fans, will take Fernandez over chalmers any day :)

Now I agree Batum shouldn't be there over Beasley, but keep in mind he was a mid 20's pick and not the #2 pick. For his draft hight he has been performing pretty well.

OY!
11-03-2008, 01:03 PM
what an awful list. Batum? really? Is that a joke? Chalmers, Beasley, Thompson, ever heard of any of them?!? They have all three been so much better then Batum it is clear to me that your list must be a joke. Heres the real list:

Rose
Fernandez
Beasley
Love
Thompson

6th man: Chalmers

of course he put batnum over beasley, Gasol over Thompson (even though gasol did do good), he's from spain what do you expect? I pretty much agree with you're lineup.

fresh prince
11-03-2008, 02:23 PM
C-Marc Gasol
PF-Jason Thompson (don't know why you guys are putting Love when JT has better #s across the board)
SF-Michael Beasley
SG-Rudy Fernandez
PG-Derrick Rose

Honorable Mention/Sixth Man: Mario Chalmers

I agree X2 and would add Love and Batum to honorable mention

daleja424
11-03-2008, 02:50 PM
hasn't been doing much else? first off he isn't a point guard, and getting 4 assists a game for a shooting guard is as impressive as getting 6 as a point guard. On top of that he gets about 4 rebounds a game too. Besides that not everything shows on the stat sheed. You can't see the hustle, one-on-one defence and creating space for other players.

I'm pretty sure everyone, except maybe some heat-fans, will take Fernandez over chalmers any day :)

Now I agree Batum shouldn't be there over Beasley, but keep in mind he was a mid 20's pick and not the #2 pick. For his draft hight he has been performing pretty well.

How about you stop making up stats. Fernandez is averaging 1.3 assists compared to chalmers 6.0 (even though Wade is the primary ball handler). Rebounds are equal as both average 3.7 rebs. Chalmers averages 2 steals compared to Fernandez' 1 steal. I dont care what position he plays. Chalmers is a stud on defense and while he scores 5 less points he averages 4+ more assists (which is getting 8 more points for someone else). There is nothing Fernandez has done so far that makes him so superior to Chalmers...

oldenpolynice
11-03-2008, 03:18 PM
C - Gasol (for containing Howard last week)
PF - J.T. (always a double-double threat)
SF - Beasley (doing his thing, not missing too many shots...yet)
SG - Fernandez (Rudy!)
PG - Rose (for the simple fact that he torched the Boston defense)