PDA

View Full Version : No 32

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Why isn't Balkman playing?? Kobe's killin us... and Balk didn't play last night and i havent seen him tonight.

BRAVE KID
11-01-2008, 11:45 PM
It's karl he hates defensive perimeter defenders.

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-01-2008, 11:49 PM
The way Kobe was playin tonight, Balkman coulda handled him...Karl is a idiot.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-02-2008, 12:17 AM
:clap: Round of applause for our genuis of a coach, George Karl

Nugget Tony
11-02-2008, 01:48 AM
Lets try not to start griping to early here guys....keep your heads up.....the season is still young.....

GK def has his irratating moments....but if you cant see that we are playing better D then you may just be looking to bash GK becuase he does so many things that annoy us fans.....

Lets see how he handles the rotations over the next few weeks....I think were still trying to find ourselves out there...so its not like GK can start throwing everyone on the floor.....

JMO

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-02-2008, 01:54 AM
Lets try not to start griping to early here guys....keep your heads up.....the season is still young.....

GK def has his irratating moments....but if you cant see that we are playing better D then you may just be looking to bash GK becuase he does so many things that annoy us fans.....

Lets see how he handles the rotations over the next few weeks....I think were still trying to find ourselves out there...so its not like GK can start throwing everyone on the floor.....

JMO

I'm sayin tho....Did you see how Balkman played in that outdoor Phoenix game during pre-season??? Did you see how he played against Utah in his 8 minutes of playing????? Everytime i've seen Balkman on the court, he;s always aware on the floor, he's always touchin the ball and deflectin it......I mean it's better to weed out who's is worth playin right now, at the start of the season, then to find out later on!!!!! Thats my opinion.....I mean peace to your observation....I think the nuggets are playin a lot better....We've had 2 of the best teams in the west that we have lost too....But Karl needs to experiment which players are doin good in games now, instead of later....And Balkman has played great in games....I don't know what Karl sees in him in practice, but what he shows in games has been better then what i've seen from KLEIZA or JONES.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-02-2008, 03:53 AM
I'm sayin tho....Did you see how Balkman played in that outdoor Phoenix game during pre-season??? Did you see how he played against Utah in his 8 minutes of playing????? Everytime i've seen Balkman on the court, he;s always aware on the floor, he's always touchin the ball and deflectin it......I mean it's better to weed out who's is worth playin right now, at the start of the season, then to find out later on!!!!! Thats my opinion.....I mean peace to your observation....I think the nuggets are playin a lot better....We've had 2 of the best teams in the west that we have lost too....But Karl needs to experiment which players are doin good in games now, instead of later....And Balkman has played great in games....I don't know what Karl sees in him in practice, but what he shows in games has been better then what i've seen from KLEIZA or JONES.

THANK U!

That's real talk right there. GK should learn from his mistake with JR. JR was killin fools after GK let him play... where were those minutes in mid November last year? I guarentee it would have led to atleast 3-5 more wins had he let JR play sooner, or atleast more consistent minutes.

I'm not sayin Balk is gonna do what JR is doing, but he's showed promising signs in limited action. Players complain "Well, I could be better if I got more playing time" truth is, you earn playing time in the minutes that you do get and Balk has certainly done that. We brought the guy in to play defense right? So let him play D. We played a team that we played last year and we couldn't guard Kobe, so why not atleast TRY and see if Balk can guard him. I don't know if you guys watched the game tonight but, Kobe killed us.

FIRE GK bring in AVERY!!

We're lucky we're only 3 games in...

adamsison
11-02-2008, 09:21 AM
THANK U!

That's real talk right there. GK should learn from his mistake with JR. JR was killin fools after GK let him play... where were those minutes in mid November last year? I guarentee it would have led to atleast 3-5 more wins had he let JR play sooner, or atleast more consistent minutes.

I'm not sayin Balk is gonna do what JR is doing, but he's showed promising signs in limited action. Players complain "Well, I could be better if I got more playing time" truth is, you earn playing time in the minutes that you do get and Balk has certainly done that. We brought the guy in to play defense right? So let him play D. We played a team that we played last year and we couldn't guard Kobe, so why not atleast TRY and see if Balk can guard him. I don't know if you guys watched the game tonight but, Kobe killed us.

FIRE GK bring in AVERY!!

We're lucky we're only 3 games in...

AMEN. Bring in Avery Johnson.

but yeh no one can stop kobe....but it would be good to see Dahntay and Balkman play. defensive minded players who can finish at the rim. its not like AC is gonna score. (today was a exception). let melo and ai create and play Dahntay and Balkman prove themselves.

DenButsu
11-02-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm going to defend Karl on this one. I'm sure I'll get flamed for it, but what the hell.

I only checked in on the box score about in the middle of the 3rd quarter on my cell phone. (Been out all weekend). I noticed that the bench had only gone 3 deep - JR, LK and Juwon.

This was the Lakers. Karl wanted his very best guys to be in there against them. Guys he trusted. Veteran guys.

Here's the number one most important thing of all, and don't any of you forget it, because it was the number one most valid point of ****ing about Karl last season:

J.R. Smith was played for 27 minutes.

Who would rather see Balkman in than him? Raise your hand.

DenButsu
11-02-2008, 12:03 PM
In other words, Karl was trusting J.R.

We're going to lose some games at the beginning of the season when he does that.

But we'll win a whole lot more at the end.

BRAVE KID
11-02-2008, 12:07 PM
then what about LK? Balkman could of came in and took some mintues away from LK, I realize LK was in there during the later minutes b/c of his ability to hit 3's but still, balkman's D could of came in handy,we will never know since karl never tried it.

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-02-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm going to defend Karl on this one. I'm sure I'll get flamed for it, but what the hell.

I only checked in on the box score about in the middle of the 3rd quarter on my cell phone. (Been out all weekend). I noticed that the bench had only gone 3 deep - JR, LK and Juwon.

This was the Lakers. Karl wanted his very best guys to be in there against them. Guys he trusted. Veteran guys.

Here's the number one most important thing of all, and don't any of you forget it, because it was the number one most valid point of ****ing about Karl last season:

J.R. Smith was played for 27 minutes.

Who would rather see Balkman in than him? Raise your hand.

Nahhh...I rather see Balkman out there, than LK....LK hasn't been that valuable with the exception of scoring them two freethrows at the end of the Clippers agme to tie us.....But Balkman has performed more better, and LK has took stupid shots, and everything else that I criticized Najera for last season.

showtym24
11-02-2008, 02:05 PM
the way kobe was playin tonight, balkman coulda handled him...karl is a idiot.

lol

DenButsu
11-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Nahhh...I rather see Balkman out there, than LK....LK hasn't been that valuable with the exception of scoring them two freethrows at the end of the Clippers agme to tie us.....But Balkman has performed more better, and LK has took stupid shots, and everything else that I criticized Najera for last season.

LK deserves to be in by benefit of the doubt.

Let me know the next time Balkman puts up 41.

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-02-2008, 02:20 PM

Every dog has it's day....Every squirrel gets a nut....

That 41 capability is not prevalent as of recently....Balkman in my eyes, has had more impact this season then Kleiza has in these minimun games that we are able to observe....

Look, i'm not implyin that Balkman become to full time reserve....But give him a chance....Try balancin out a measurement of who will be more effective between Kleiza and Balkman....Kleiza is takin some bunk @$$ shots, and not gettin anything done offensively...Sure Balkman couldn't do better offensively, but what he lacks in offense, he def. makes up for in his effort,and energy on defense....And Balkman has shown hes better then Kleiza on defense...He has a longer wingspan [arm reach], he's quicker, he's more aware of keepin contact with his man and knowin where the ball is at the same time, and he tireless-ly stays on your face, and it's hard to drive on him from what i've seen.....And believe it or not, our defense has actually been playin a lil better then our offense has...It's ridiculous....But Balkman deserves minutes aswell, because Kleiza isn't workin to whats expected from him by not just me!! But other nuggets fans as you can observe.

C-Dub
11-02-2008, 03:16 PM
then what about LK? Balkman could of came in and took some mintues away from LK, I realize LK was in there during the later minutes b/c of his ability to hit 3's but still, balkman's D could of came in handy,we will never know since karl never tried it.

yes yes yes yes yesssssssssss, thats all i gotta say about that. and kleiza hit what, 0 3's, as far as i know, he is worthless, maybe someone should defend lk instead of karl, karl is on my ok list right now for how the team has grown, but lk hasnt, hes not in shape, not any better and maybe even worse than last season, and hes somehow making more than smith....and not even close to skill or potential that smith has

C-Dub
11-02-2008, 03:21 PM

ya den, i guess im not trying to argue about this, but didnt we lose becase kobe was hitting like 4 shots in a row, and we loosened up on defense, plus kleiza took some dumb 3 point shots, like 3 in a row that he had like no chance of making, and he makes dumb travel turnovers like all the time. he coulda been traded last season, he was scared, and we dont need someone to score 41 points, we have plenty of offense without someone scoring that, we need like 10 points max out of him and about 5 rebounds. balkman gets rebounds and is good at d, something lk is not, plus he can get shots if he is open and doesnt shoot if he know he cant make it, at least from what ive seen. balkman is just way more valuable right now that lk to us imo.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Yeah.... Kleiza has not come to play in ANY of the 3 games so far this season.

chaugh970
11-02-2008, 05:38 PM
I definately agree balkman should be playing atleast 8 minutes a game right now. I've watched every game so far this season. And say what you want about Kleiza's shooting but against the Clippers, Imagine balkman was in instead of Kleiza when we were down two and Kleiza was at the free throw line, those free throws by kleiza were extremely clutch and helped us win the game, no way balkman makes both. He also pulled in 9 rebounds against the clippers and had 2 blocks i think, and hes been passing the ball really good this season. He's doing alot of little things and just been missing the shots he normally drop. Once we start playing the lesser teams Balkman will see his minutes, like den said this game was just to intense to risk a balkman turnover or even him at the free throw line with how physical it got.

DenButsu
11-03-2008, 01:18 AM
My main thing about this is that I'm just willing to suspend my disbelief in Karl's ability to coach this team for a few weeks, until he's had the chance to fit the new pieces together, get some workable rotations figured out, see what the deeper reserves may (or may not) have to contribute. I like Balkman a lot, and I'm excited to see what he can do for us defensively. All I'm saying is that in this particular game, I can understand why Karl would prioritize JR and LK over him. But GK has expressed a willingness - and he's backed it up, too - to go deeper than his previous 8-man rotations. So we will, I'm sure, see Balkman, and Dahntay, and Juwon all get their turns on the court.

I know some Nuggets fans will disagree with my approach, but I'm trying not to let my previous ire at Karl carry over into this season until he proves to me that he deserves it. So far, though, through training camp, the preseason and these first three games. I have to admit (if I'm going to be honest, which I should) that I've pretty much liked what I've seen and heard from him. So I don't want to prematurely jump onto the "off with his head" bandwagon.