PDA

View Full Version : Teahen

MastaPeacock
11-01-2008, 03:25 PM
In light of another underachieving season and GMDM's recent denial of trade rumors, I think its time to talk about our friend Mark. We got him in the Beltran deal, he was mediocre, got sent to the minors, came back on fire for the rest of the year, and then was mediocre the next year and a half. This past season was mediocre until he switched back to 3B when Gordon went down with an injury, at which point he took off offensively. Then when he switched back to OF, his hitting went into the crapper again.

The most recent trade rumors had us trading him to the Indians for one of their major league ready OF's, and yet GMDM said that those were blatant lies.

What does the management see in a 15HR/59RBI guy? The only positive I see is the flexibility. He's played all three OF spots, 1B, and 3B. If he learns 2B and SS, he could be a super super sub. However, this doesn't warrant much more than a backup role. If another team is wiling to give up a top flight OF prospect for him, why are we hesitating?

Twins Fan 7
11-02-2008, 12:58 PM
They are waiting because it's smarter to make a trade later in the year like at the winter meeting to gauge interest from other organizations and have them drive up the price. There's no hurry to trade him, you have the whole offseason.

rhensley3
11-02-2008, 05:47 PM
part of being a good shopper is knowing a good deal when you see one. maybe gmdm hasnt seen one yet.

MastaPeacock
11-02-2008, 07:36 PM
I dunno, GMDM was offered any of the Indians' three top OF prospects supposedly. Teahen would have returned to 3B. It was probably all BS, but GMDM's angry response was pretty surprising.

rhensley3
11-03-2008, 09:16 AM
according to buster olney with espn, no such deal has been offered...this is just a fabrication created by the cleveland media. at least that is what he had to say on friday during crunchtime on 810am whb. i guess we'll know soon enough. i thought we were pretty hot after ben francisco at one time last season.

TheUltimateGM
11-06-2008, 11:56 PM
I would offer Gary Matthews Jr/Kendry Morales for Teahen from the Angels.